Epilogue 2

Here it is, on popular demand, the happily ever after :P

15 years later:

"Dad didn't want to go to Theo's recital because he dug out a white hair from his head and then he was like I'm too old to go to my son's kindergarten dance. The other parents will laugh at me." Hazel snorted leaning comfortably against her mother's shoulder as she swiped through her phone.

"Oh poor Theo" Anna cooed looking at the picture of the little five year old boy dressed as a star, his dimpled cheeks emphasizing the happiness that he felt, caramel eyes shining as bright as his costume "I'm glad Alex ended up going though"

"Of course he did" Hazel rolled her eyes recalling her father's antics "Harriet did the emotional drama that she's so good at and he had to give in with a hundred apologies"

Anna laughed at that "I totally love how she guilt trips him into doing things" she looked at the new Halloween picture of Theo that Hazel showed her "This one's totally growing up to be a lady killer"

"Eww mom he's five" Hazel groaned "I don't want to imagine my brother as anything but the little devil he's now"

"Fine" Anna surrendered "How's the France trip coming around?"

"Good" Hazel nodded "I'm not going to pack much"

"But baby it's going to be cold there" Anna frowned.

"I'll shop there mom" Hazel rolled her eyes "And I'll also not be travelling with Dad. I'll take off from the uni campus the day before Christmas"

"Why?" Anna asked, sterner this time.

"Because I'm nineteen?" Hazel offered.

"You are going on a family vacation Haze, you travel with your family. And you are still a child, I wouldn't allow you to travel alone"

"I hate travelling with children. Theo's a riot and he gives me headache. Harriet is too subdued to keep the devil in check"

"That's not a nice thing to say about your brother, Haze" Anna reprimanded.

Hazel simply stuck out her tongue "You say that because you have two little witches sleeping upstairs" she teased her mom.

Anna chuckled "Will you stop calling your siblings names?"

"It's true though. Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to explain my family tree to my friends?" Hazel sat up and dramatically raised her hands "Oh hey guys, meet my family" she mimicked "This is my dad, Alexander, my step-mom, Harriet and my half-brother Theodore. I'm introducing them first because they are the only family I've got who wouldn't freak you out because the good news is that they are humans. Yayyy" she clapped. Anna chuckled and sat back to observed her daughter who was growing up to be more and more like her father "Now that you think I'm normal, let's take you to the other branch of my tree. This is my mom, Reanna, she's one-eighth a vampire but the rest of her is human, so don't be scared......yet. Yeah, I know she looks like my sister, so does my grand ma, so stop saying that. The women in my family are sensitive when it comes to the topic of our age" Anna laughed out loud "Now this giant next to her may look like he will rip your heart right out of your ribcage but don't you worry he's nothing but a giant puppy who barks more than he bites"

"Don't let him hear that" Anna supplied.

Hazel waved her concern away "Oh he's Daniel Wood by the way, my step father and the Alpha of Bluewood. What's that you ask? Werewolves babes, wolves, those hot sex-on-the-leg creatures whom you can only admire from afar because all of them have an 'off-market' stamp plastered on their forehead. Yeah those things. Now where we? Yeah so don't fear him. As long as you stay away from his wife, you are good to go. Next, this fifteen year old devil here is my step-brother Matthew. His mother dropped him on his head a little too often when he was a child so he's a nut-case. Don't mind him, he's usually harmless. Although a word of caution will be to never mention how his parents never had sex because hey I hope you love your tonsils. The last dude who mentioned it is still attending the speech therapist"