28. The scent of the forbidden.

The Alpha's first Choice has crossed a million reads and I got so excited that I just had to write this chapter to celebrate :D:D:D

Happy Reading :):):)

______

Anna:

I don't remember how long we sat there, me in his arms while he whispered words of comfort to me. But I do remember the moment all anger and agony left my body. It was like my soul was tired of the constant war within. For those few moments, everything felt right, everything felt beautiful.

When my sobs subsided, I tried to pull away from him only to be firmly pulled back into him, the side of my head lying on his chest separated from his heart by a mere piece of cotton.

"Five seconds" he muttered.

I obliged without a thought. I realized it the day he told me I was his mate that when he touches me or is close to me, all my senses stop working, the only thing I can concentrate on is him. It isn't fair but this is how I suppose it works for mates.

Something clicked in me and I frowned. I pressed my ear in concentration and listened. One of my hands crept to his heart and I put the other over my violently beating heart. I gasped in fascination when I realized they were indeed beating in sync.

I heard a chuckle and with the limited mobility I had, I raised my chin to look up at him. He had a content smile on his face. He opened his closed eyelids when he felt my gaze on him.

"That's what calms me down" he said placing his hand over my hand on his chest, engulfing mine completely "Isn't it fascinating?" he whispered.

My toes curled in response, "I didn't know" was all I could say.

"There's a lot you do not know" he smiled softly "I think I'll enjoy watching you as you discover us little by little"

My eyes traced the stretch of his smile and I felt little pinches like static charge on the tip of my fingers. I was so concentrated on his smile that I didn't realize Dan had stopped talking a while ago. The hand on my heart rose on its own accord and it didn't stop until it reached its destination, the bottom of his lips. He held his breath and so did I as I traced the bottom of his mouth with my thumb. His lip quivered under my touch, he wasn't smiling anymore.

I frowned and looked up to meet his dark gaze. No it wasn't the wolf kind of dark it was still green but with the darkness of a dense forest. With my eyes locked in his own, he pulled me up with a push of the arm he had around me so I was looking at him in the eyes without tilting my head. His gaze travelled down until it stopped at my lips, my hand on his heart fisted his shirt in response.

His lips once again stretched to form a smirk dragging my attention back to my hand at work. My thumb moved once again over the swell of his bottom lip. One of my fingers accidently hit the dip of the scar on his jaw. My attention snapped to it. I ran my fingers over the thick gash flinching every time I touched the raw flesh. He said nothing as I continued my inspection only the hand on my back moved soothingly making it harder for me to concentrate.

I was about to ask him why he didn't heal the wound when my gaze fell on something that made my breath hitch and my heart clench, the lone solitaire on my finger. My hand detached from him like it burned at the mere touch of him. I pushed him away with the new resistance that I mustered up.

"Reanna" he stretched his hand towards me as I stood up.

"NO" I yelled not recognizing my own voice.

"We can talk it...."

"No" I stretched my hands between us to make sure he couldn't come close to mess up with my head again. I felt tears trailing down my face and quickly turned away from him "Don't follow me" I started walking away from him "Please" I begged.