5. Her Alpha

"Your happiness?" I looked back at him "What kind?"

"That's not important" he shook his head leisurely "What I'm trying to say is that everyone you see around you has at one point of time or other taken huge decisions that they hated then. It's called growing up"

I looked away to hide my disappointment. What was I expecting? Him opening up his heart to me? Telling me that he was tired of waiting for his mate and that I had a chance? Yeah right! Remember I am a sixteen year old teen with the body of a thirteen year old?

I'm sick.

"Why are you even talking to me today?" I asked instead.

He scrunched his brows together "Is this a bad time to talk to you?"

"I mean why now?" I replied wishing I could yell out my misery "You never talk to me"

"That because you hate me" he stated

"What? Why would you assume that?" I accused

He rolled his eyes "You think I'll steal your dad away like he is some princess we are fighting to marry" he almost snorted.

"I do not" I gritted out

"It's okay" he assured with a smile "It's the most natural thing to do. I just was extra cautious you know with your previous records"

"What records?"

"You tell me" he said "Does eating my favorite pet count?"

"I was hungry. It was just a stupid bird"

"How about setting my bed on fire sound?" he asked

"Yeah! I don't recall that. Mom told me it was just a bed-sheet though. You are dramatic"

"Yeah?" he scoffed "How do you think a thirteen year old newly shifted were felt when a vampire bit his wolf's flesh off on his first shift? You know, my wolf still acts awkward around you"

Wait what? No one told me that.

"It's okay" he assured at my confusion "You were acting on instincts"

"So you think I'm some sort of a freak and just want to protect your fur from me?"

"What? Of course not. I didn't mean it in that sense. Its....." he sighed in frustration "will you please stop crying?" he cooed awkwardly.

I hiccupped and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand "I'm not crying"

"Sure" he said "Look it's not a big deal okay. You were like what two?"

"Four" I sniffed embarrassingly.

"Exactly" he replied and looked back at the lake probably giving me some time to cope with my stupid tears.

"I'm sorry" I said after I composed myself.

He quizzically looked at me.

"For everything" I said.

"I should be more apologetic" he replied "I'm the adult here. You are like Luc to me. I should have paid more attention to you. You are family"

"I'm not Luc" I told him

"I can see that" he chuckled

"You were wrong you know" I told him, ignoring the obvious pain in my chest.

"About what?"

"I don't hate you. I never have" '.....and I never will' I wanted to add

"I'm sorry I assumed...." His eyes were sincere "You just have a....you know.....when you look at me"