22. Set you free.

Anna:

"This place is so freaking beautiful" Kate drawled at the 'so' to emphasize her point as she walked beside me jumping and hopping all the way.

"You will behave, won't you Kat?" I half-pleaded half-warned her.

Kate and I are on our way to meet Aunt Eva. Mom and Alex's mom stayed back at our place. Alex's not back from office. Aunt Eva came by the yesterday and invited Kate to taste her fried chicken which by the way is one to die for, I can swear on that. Kate and Aunt Eva had an instant chemistry when they met at our wedding and nothing changed in the last two years. They already made a list of things to do together and that's when Kate has been here for less than twenty-four hours.

"I always behave" She looked at me, confused at my accusation.

I rolled my eyes "Just stay close to me" I said as we walked into the house.

Everyone other than Alpha Liam, Uncle Evan, Dan, Ethan and Luc were present. Eric and Ethan's family also gathered at the mansion in the evening.

Sitting next to me, Kate was an unstoppable force. I think the reason the oldest Alpha couple decided to take a walk an hour after we arrived was because they couldn't take Kate's constant chattering anymore. Kate doesn't really pay attention to who wants to talk to her, she goes on anyways. She even forced the otherwise silent Aunt Emma to talk for fifteen straight minutes. She even tried to drift away from me four times. I had to discretely hold her back and the only reason I was successful was because she's a human.

I was busy tackling Kat when Sapphire jumped up suddenly grabbing everyone's attention.

"They are back" she announced grinning.

"Is he bringing her with him?" Aunt Eva asked fidgeting nervously.

"No, it's just them" Sapphire replied.

"Dan and Ethan went to Lakefound today" Aunt Emma explained when she realized I wasn't getting their excitement "Ethan just informed Sapphire that they are on their way here"

"Oh" I forced a smile out.

"Are they the ones I didn't meet at your wedding?" Kate asked from next to me.

"Yeah" I nodded.

"What if it's all just a speculation? Jane spoke up "We never got a confirmation you know. Maybe they just went there for work"

"Oh don't worry about that" Sapphire replied excitedly "I heard Ethan ask Dan this morning if he knew her address"

"He said her?" Aunt Eva asked curiously.

"You guys should stop talking now if you don't want Dan to hear you" Eric supplied. Everyone shut up immediately.

"Is the one they are talking about that scary?" Kate whispered.

I nodded again.

I knew I had to face Dan one of these days and I've been preparing myself. I just hope I can postpone talking to him alone for another week. I don't want Alex's family to get dragged into it if things go extremely wrong.

I knew the exact moment he walked in but I refused to look at him. It was exhausting to channel all my energy into avoiding him when nature dictates I give him all my attention. All those years of wondering why I only looked at him has been finally answered and I can only wish someone would tell me that its one huge prank they are playing on me.

"F*ck he's hot" I jumped as Kate whispered a little too close to my ears.

I looked up instinctively and was immediately held captive in Dan's furious gaze. He was staring straight at me as he walked towards us. I turned away instantly and looked around to check if someone caught up to us.