2. What the Wolves think

It was evening by the time I made my way to the Alpha mansion. The view that greeted me as I entered the living room took away the little stability I had gathered after the swim.

In a room full of people scattered everywhere, the three of them sat hurled together like they belonged to each other, Daniel, Aunt Eva and my dad. I had to take the support of the wall to stop myself from walking up to them and yelling. They had no right to look the way they did. Dad was patting Dan's back as they whispered among themselves. Aunt Eva was holding Dan's hand as he kept on nodding and smiling at their words. They looked like a family. How did I not notice this before? Of course I did notice only I thought it was all platonic. I scoffed silently.

I looked around and found my mom looking at me curiously. She was sitting with Emma, Uncle Evan's mate and the former Alpha Blake, the alpha's father. Ethan and Henry were also sitting with them.

Mom raised a brow in question. Are you serious woman? How can you not be affected by this? Does she know? Of course she does. Dad won't hide anything from her.

I looked at Alpha Liam and he seemed relaxed, laughing at something Luc was animatedly displaying. Uncle Evan and their mother, the former Luna, were also listening to Luc attentively.

I looked at every face in the room. They all knew. Yet not one person was bothered by it. Why? Is it because they had the time to adjust?

"Don't kill my brother" A voice whispered next to my ear. I jumped back and kept a hand on my heart to stabilize its beat.

I glared at the intruder. It was Eric.

"What do you want?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

If Eric talks to you, which he seldom does, there's something he wants from you.

He smirked "I was simply trying to save my poor brother from a vampire's wrath" he said pulling me towards a couch on the other end of the hall by the French window "I have heard some vampires can burn a person simply by staring intensely at them. Is it true?" he asked sitting next to me.

"Do you want me to try that on you?" I glared "Who knows, I might discover a hidden talent"

He smiled. Did I tell you how much I hate Eric's smile? He has that I-am-Mr.-know-it-all smile that scratches a nerve in the back of your head. The worst part is that most of the time he actually knows things. Eric's a photocopy of the Alpha. He looks like him, talks like him and also is in the same profession as him. Eric's studying medicine.

"Interesting" he mused looking stupidly at my face.

"I'm hoping you will clarify what's so interesting about my face" I deadpanned.

"You are interesting, little vampire" he replied "You feel more like us than them. You like it here, don't you?"

I frowned. Where's that coming from?

"You are easy to read" He explained "Your longings are so nakedly visible. I've never met a vampire like you" he smiled "I wonder why the goddess made you the way she did"

"Umm.....sorry to burst your bubbles but I'm an atheist" I smiled extra sweetly at him.

"Eric I warned you against doing this" Henry took the seat next to Eric and slapped his hand on the nerd's shoulder "You shouldn't take him seriously" Henry told me.

Luc came up and sat next to me. The groups were breaking and forming again. I looked over to see mom and the Alpha had both joined Dad, Dan and Aunt Eva. I wonder what they were talking about. The hall's so big and they were whispering so perfectly that I couldn't hear a word.