Epilogue 1

4 years later:

"And your mom will be here in thirty minutes"

He frowned "Why did you call mom?"

"Because last time I went out for a day, you set Hazel's hair on fire?"

"It was just a little piece of hair and she wanted curls" he looked embarrassed and totally not ready to accept defeat

"She's four Alex" I pointed out "You don't try to curl your four year old daughter's hair just because she dropped a few crocodile tears. And especially not when you have zero idea of how to use a curler"

"I read the manual and tried it on myself before starting on her" he defended himself

I nodded "Just let your mom supervise okay? I will feel better that way"

"Right" he nodded grimly "I have a meeting at seven in the morning tomorrow" one hand at the door ready to slam it at my face "So..." he trailed

"I'll make sure I come back by then"

"Right" he nodded again this time moving to close the door but stopped when tiny hands wrapped themselves against his sweatpants and peeked from between his limbs. Not happy with her position, Hazel tried to tighten her grip and hang by his pants making him her personal swing. Alex quickly held onto the waist of his pants to stop her from pulling it off.

"Hazel these aren't jeans" he sighed.

Hazel looked up with her eyes wide, confused to see her dad refusing her something "But daddy" she whined

"Let me go change. We can go to the park" he bribed her.

She grinned at that and turned to me "Daddy made pancakes mommy" she informed me.

I smiled "Be good okay?"

She nodded instantly a smirk pasted on her face. She's the happiest when I'm not around so she could bully Alex into doing whatever she wants.

"Remember, you aren't allowed to bite Grandma when she comes by later"

She nodded obediently again "I'll only bite Daddy"

Her dad chuckled and pulled her away from him "At your service, Ma'am. Now kiss mommy goodbye and finish your pancakes"

She nodded and ran to me. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her temple. She returned a sloppy kiss on my cheek and trotted away into Alex's kitchen "Bye mommy"

I smiled and straightened up "I'll get going" I told Alex

"Wait" Alex called back hesitantly "I've heard about him"

I looked at him in surprise. Alex hates any mention of Dan and Bluewood. We are mostly okay. The only condition he has is that Hazel can never visit Bluewood, not until she's like fifty or something and has ten bodyguards with her, his words not mine. And if the wolves visit me, none of them are allowed to shift in front of Hazel.

I nodded not knowing how to react to him talking about Dan.

"Are you okay....with that you know. Are you okay?" he looked around awkwardly

I smiled "I'm the one who encouraged the idea. I'm happy for him. I'm okay. Really"

"You did?" he looked like he didn't believe me.

"We were never supposed to have a family, Dan and I" I explained.

"You both knew that?" he asked.