Bonded (The Olympus Brotherho...

بواسطة awesomegal15

Freya's new normal is a rollercoaster ride she can't seem to get off of. While battling the physiological af... المزيد

Nyx
I Got You
More Rain
Motel
Family Matter
A Child, Two Drunks and a Queen
Brother and Sister
Ta-Damn
The Date
Changed or Love Wipped
One Problem at a Time
Just Me and You
Until I Collapse
Hoffman
Welcome to Olympia
Soldier, Warrior, Hero
An Invitation
Shaking Hands With the Devil
Descent
Darkness Will Ensnare
Think and Run
Spartan and Theban
Reborn
Gone
Kicked Out
No Regrets
Eyes and Tries
Inspiration, Desperation, Determination
Picasso's
More Great Questions
Message Received
Slay
My Beloved
Blackout
Forever Strong
A Cup and a Lie
Promises
Awake
The Academy
Chaos
Ophelia was...
Do you?
Aren't You?
Secret
Vice or Virtue
Tag!
When Tomorrow Starts...
Good Luck
Tell No Lies
Three Kings, Two Lovers, One Child
Trapped
Sacrifice, Cocoon and Dread
White Lie
The Right Thing
Fallout
I'm Sorry
Come in
Beloved
Super Shout Out and Thank You

Archon

2.9K 119 22
بواسطة awesomegal15

Chapter 18

Freya

"How about this one?" Vanessa said coming out of her walk-in closet. She held up a skintight black, sequined, short dress. Apparently being a companion pays stupidly well.

I was told to go to college and end up in thousands of dollars of debt; Vanessa lives in a grand 1920s English Tudor mansion with exquisite detailing. She had the place tailor-made for the gala of everyone's dreams. This estate had the largest kitchen I'd ever seen with a coatroom, ballroom, banquet room, and a private guest floor. Vanessa lived like American royalty on her hilltop mansion overlooking the cliff side.

"It's not really me," I said sitting on her lounge sofa in her closet. We were surrounded by a high-end polished boutique that made the dressing room look truly decadent.

After our heart-to-heart, Damon had suggested maybe I didn't spend every waking moment with Cecilia. He gave me Vanessa's phone number and here we are. She dropped the formal act, which I both needed and appreciated.

"If you make it three inches shorter, make the back backless and put on those red stilettos, I think we have a winner," Aphrodite said pushing Vanessa out of the way.

"Yeah, that way I can have my coochie on display for everyone," I said finishing my drink and pouring myself another one. Aphrodite kind of just showed up when she heard about my fight with Zeus; she was beside herself thinking I had ruined my face. She wasn't worried if I could walk or talk or was emotionally scarred; my face was more important.

"That's one way to get them," she said coming to sit next to me.

"Damon's not like that," Vanessa said. "He's... traditional."

"You mean boring. Yes, I made him beautiful, but personality-wise he makes Geras' look wild." Not expecting that I choked on my wine with laughter.

God of aging. Gareth had giving me some books to read after our training sessions. I was getting better at remembering who was the God of what.

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to be old school. I think it's sweet," Vanessa said.

I don't know why, but I didn't feel threatened by Vanessa. I had no problem with the fact that she and Damon bumped uglies. I was fine with that, it's only when I think of him choosing Cecilia over me that I lose my senses.

"How about this one?" Vanessa said holding up a simple red skater dress. That was more my style.

"Zeus be praised," Aphrodite said drinking straight from the bottle of champagne, "Don't you have anything worth stepping out in? Here let me try," she said pulling me to stand. She cracked her neck and stretched out her arms, "Let's see if I still got it. I haven't had to bibbity-bobbity-boo anything in the past century."

She sharply snapped her fingers, and my clothes went flying off in a gust of wind, "Aphrodite!" I yelled trying to cover my naked ass.

"One more time," she said taking another swig of the champagne. With a snap, I was dressed again.

Wow. This was ... new. I was sexy?

Aphrodite had created a one-of-a-kind black lace bodycon midi dress. It molded perfectly to my body with a stunning sheer neckline, and carried into a sultry, seamed bustier bodice formed by a thick stretch knit liner, complete with padded cups for some extra va-va-voom!

I was having a great boob day.

The enticing appeal continues down to the mini bodycon skirt and the midi-length, slightly scalloped lace overlay. She put light makeup on me, giving me a dramatic but soft smokey eye look. My lips were bubblegum pink to match the slight blush she had put in my cheeks. My hair hung low down my back perfectly curled. Four dainty gold rings with tiny rhinestone were placed on my painted red fingers. And lastly my shoes were black suede heels that tied around my ankles.

"Perfect for a date," Aphrodite said taking my spot on the lounge chair, stretching out making herself as comfortable as possible.

"It's not a date, it's a meeting with The Order." That I can't mess up.

"It's a date anytime you two are together," Aphrodite said making a bottle of Moscato d'Asti appear. "Work it."

"Nowhere to hide a knife or dagger?"

"You said this was a dinner, when did it escalate to bring your war face?" Vanessa asked.

"What's Damon's purpose if he's not going to fight for you?" Aphrodite said rolling her eyes.

"I can protect myself." I was halfway capable.

Are you ready? I heard Damon say.

"Time for me to go," I said heading for the door.

"Be careful. I know you've probably heard this before, but The Order will do anything to have a demigod on their side," Vanessa said a little worried.

"I'll be fine. Besides, if anything I'm coming back to-"

"Fuck Damon out of his wet blanket of a personality," Aphrodite said.

I shook my head no and teleported to Damon's room, "Ummm one of us isn't dressed right," I said sitting on the edge of his bed. Damon was ready for war dressed in a black Dri-Fit t-shirt, black military cargo pants and shit- stomper boots.

He turned around to face me, and paused as if he were at a loss for words. I felt intense heat flush my face. Damon's stare was intimate, like he could never get enough of me. Clearing his throat, he said, "Whatever happens, I'll be ready for the situation." He held up my necklace Ares had given me, "I had Bash enchant it. I'll be able to hear what you hear."

I took the necklace and put it on, "You're not coming in?" I said standing up.

"I don't think they'll let me in. But I'll be close though." A cold shiver ran through my body. I really wanted Damon with me. But if I had to go alone I would. "Freya, you don't have to go. If you just gave me some time-"

"We'll lose our only opportunity. It's just dinner, I'll be fine" I said as fear sat on me like a pillow over my mouth and nose.

Don't lie. It's okay to be afraid. I would be worried about you if you weren't.

"I'll be close, say the word and I'll be there," he said gently tilting my head to meet his eyes.

"You're not scared?" I said feeling his steely resolve.

I'm terrified. He said. "If anything were to happen to you. I would never forgive myself," Damon said dropping his hand to my shoulder. There was an undeniable heat between us; it flew through me leaving me flustered, blushing and...

I started to lean forward focused on his lips knowing exactly what I wanted. Damon did the same. My heart kicked into overdrive beating so hard I thought it would break through my rib cage. I stepped into his arms and Damon slowly wrapped his arms around my waist. With a deep husk in his voice he said, "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," I said breathless. I could feel his breath on my neck. Damon paused. Okay?

I stopped too. He kissed my cheek, and I felt my eye begin to twitch.

What the fuck?!

Damon stepped back turning around, "We should go." I nodded unable to speak. I'm not crazy. We did just have a moment.

I grabbed his sleeve, "What was that?"

"Nothing, you need to be focused same as me," he didn't turn around.

"Okay," I said ready to let it go. But I didn't want to regret not saying something, "I like you, Damon. Maybe, it's the Bonding or the Claim. But, when all this end of the world stuff is over, I'd like to explore it." I teleported.

Stepping out of the restaurant bathroom and into the restaurant I saw the most elegant and refined rooftop restaurant in the world. The tables were sprawled across the floor of the classic luxury Syntagma Square. The view from the GB Roof Garden Restaurant & Bar was breathtaking. We were in the most ideal location, with an uninterrupted view of the Acropolis, Lycabettus hill and Parliament were truly magnificent.

The place was empty.

"Hello?" I called out slowly walking farther into the restaurant. My heels were the only sound in open space creating a tranquil atmosphere, while the city lights became more apparent.

I made my way to the balcony, "Hello?" The sun cast its golden rays down upon the clouds of billowing smoke, turning them bright red; fire red. Scarlet then amethyst, emblazoned the enormous sky, then it darkened to obsidian. As night deepened, random lights of fireflies blinked more frequently until the canopy below, billowing in dark waves, sparked with benign, green embers under a star-speckled sky.

"Your enchantment will not work here," I turned around surprised.

"It's been a second, Roman," I saw him sitting at the head of one of the long light wood table in a classic black suit with a light grey tie. "I didn't know you would be here."

He smiled slowly running his eyes over me. His stare felt like he was actually running his hands over my body, "The Ministry wanted to send me in their place."

I crossed my arms and shifted my weight to my left leg, "No offense Roman, but I actually needed to talk to someone who has some real power. Not just another soldier for their cause." He laughed.

There was still a suaveness and confidence in Roman that I couldn't help but be drawn to. "As Archon, there is no one higher than I. Except yourself and the gods".

I sat down at the opposite end of the six-person table and folded my hands in front of me, "I don't know anything about The Order other than you kidnap children and people and put them in cages."

He snapped his fingers and instantly two waiters appeared, one on his left and one my right. They both looked and sounded the same with an oily voice, greased back hair, hunched back, piercing black eyes and a false smile that watched me like how a wolf would stalk its prey. With his eyes trained on me Roman said, "I'll have the Black Angus Rib-Eye Steak and our guest will have the Grilled Salmon, Greek Salad with quinoa and tomato dressing with capers and raisins. And a bottle of Domaine Dujac Aux Combottes."

The men nodded and disappear just as quickly as they showed up. "I can order for myself-"

"But the polite thing to do, is for me to order," he said. We stared at each other in silence. I didn't know what to say other than what I came here for, but I needed to slowly ease into that. "You have some burning question?"

Yes.

"No, other than the Archon thing," I said.

"Simply put, I command The Order at least in North America... for now."

"But you still take orders from your Ministry?"

"They give me counseling. But I don't have to."

"Congratulations?"

"In time." The waiters came back and filled our glasses with wine then disappeared. He sipped his wine still not breaking eye contact with me, "How is my brother?"

Not expecting that I said, "Fine. Why?"

"I still care for my baby brother. No matter what side we're on he's still my blood," he said.

"You could always ask him when you train at Haven?"

"No, I highly doubt anyone at Haven would be open to talking to me," he said as the waiters reappeared with our food and set them in front of us. Within seconds, they were gone again. "Whether he likes it or not, I still keep an eye out for Damon. It doesn't matter what side we're on, blood will always run thicker than anything."

I smiled, "Isn't that what brothers are supposed to do?"

"Not after our past," he said with such melancholy in his voice.

"Really, he's good," I said.

He nodded, "Good, Damon deserves a bit of happiness. I'm glad he's found it with you."

"What?" Did he know about our bonding? Of course he did, I told Anson and Anson probably reported back to The Order.

"Only a very stupid man or man in love would jump in front of Zeus's Thunderbolt." The waiters reappeared and served us our food.

Maybe, Anson didn't tell them about the Bonding? After the kiss on my cheek, I just thought maybe Damon was interested but only because he had to be?

"I've never heard him claim to be a smart man," I said.

"And I've never seen him in love," Roman said cutting his steak ever so carefully and precisely.

Pushing my plate away I lean forward on my elbows trying to gauge Roman, "Is this an act? Are you trying to get me to sympathize with you?" Or does Damon really think that little of Roman? "What did you do to make him cut you off? I know you left The Brotherhood and join The Order, but I feel like there's something more that happened."

"That is just it. I left my blood brother and my brothers in arms. I grew up, and my thought patterns evolved. Whether The Brotherhood wants to admit it or not, there is a natural order to things; life is full of hierarchies."

"You only say that because you're at the top of the food chain," I said cutting in.

"No, I say that as someone who is in an 'other group', have you not spent your entire life in hiding? We are the better beings, chosen by the gods themselves. Why should men control us? When we are in every meaning of the word superior?"

"So, you left for ideological principles?"

"Among other things, yes. The Order may have its flaws, but The Brotherhood is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. The Brotherhood believes in existing in man's world, but separate. Hidden away but also in plain sight. The Order believes it is the Gifted that should control the Earth. We will lead mankind out of the darkness that they have plunged themselves into since the beginning of dawn."

"You make it sound like mankind is on the edge of self-imploding. Things aren't perfect, but every day we get a little bit better. Things take time," I said.

"They are. Every day they're killing each other, wars, famine, neglect, self- indulgences: you name it they've done it. But all that could change if we walked out tomorrow and started floating above Times Square or set the Eiffel Tower on fire."

"I don't think you're going to get the reaction you want. They're not going to worship you like a God if you start destroying cities and lives," I stated.

"We would be worshiped," he said with such confidence. He truly did believe if he attacked people, they would love him.

"You would be feared. The world's not ready to know people can set things on fire with their mind, or that it would take nothing for you and I to teleport anywhere in the blink of an eye. There would be mass hysteria."

"A new era of life. One which we are on top, no more hiding. No more bending to mankind's rules."

"I can't agree with that," I said thinking back to everything my mother had drilled into me.

If you stay hidden, you stay safe.

"If I had been born a normal human and I had told you what I just said without burning Eiffel Towers but replaced it with...being part of the LGBTQ group or any minority, you wouldn't say hide or be ashamed of who we fundamentally are."

"No. I wouldn't, but you can't compare one to the other. Your logic doesn't make sense. If two girls or two boys want to get married, they want society to view their love is equal as anyone else's. What you're saying is you don't care if society accepts you or not, you're going to burn it all to the ground and rule over the ashes."

"The smart humans will eventually wise up or they would die. Sacrifices must be made, but our point would be poignant," he said.

"You don't care about humans, and you don't care about your own kind? I don't understand what you're fighting for then."

"I care deeply for our kind. We will not be pushed into the shadows by inferior beings."

"You're not better than anyone else. It would be like me saying just because I was born half god, half human I'm better than you from birth. If you want to be better, then you have to act better. Be the golden standard."

Roman smiled and dropped his fork, "You are better. Better than anyone at Haven or part of The Order. It is your birthright to be so. You only have your views because your mother raised you to believe that."

"I'm glad she did." I said missing her.

"She robbed you of greatness." I could feel my blood start to boil, but I stayed calm.

"Whether you think so or not, at least I know I'm great with or without my abilities. I'm no better than you and you're no better than me. Doesn't matter if you're a god or if you're a human, we all have to coexist."

"Since you won't cut to the chase, I will. Why did you want to see The Ministry? We both know you won't be joining The Order any time soon, so why come to us now?"

I exhaled hard, "The world is ending, I don't care why The Brotherhood and The Order are fighting. Truly, I don't. But the threat that is coming is bigger than you or me or any other institution or ideology. I've seen what will happen if we don't come together and fight against the darkness that is coming. It will wipe out our entire way of life Earth will be no more, but we have a chance to stop it to fight against it before it's too late. I know Anson has already told you about Gaia." He nodded. "The Order took a man named Phillip McAvoy. I need him," I bluntly said.

"He's one of your twelve?"

"He's very important to someone who is. If I don't bring him back, this person will not fight with me. And I can't take on Erebus and Nyx without everyone a hundred percent on board. I know I have no right to ask, but I need him. You say you don't care about humans, but if you do this for me, you will be saving everyone apart of The Order."

"And what would we get in return?"

My head fell a little. I just told him we could all died if I don't find Philip and he wants to bargain, "What do you want?"

"A demigod would be nice. Seeing as the Brotherhood has two," he pushed his plate out of the way.

"I'm not giving you Cecilia," I said setting the record straight.

"I didn't want that one anyway," he said with a clear disdain.

"How exactly?" I asked as Roman stood up and walked over to sit next to me.

"You are a very pretty girl," he said staring at me. No examining me, "Your children will grow to be strong," he reached out to touch my hair and I swatted his hand away. He dropped his hand with a hard laugh, "You want to know my price, well it's you. All of you."

My eyes grew wide, "And I think your price is too steep."

"You'll never find your way through the underground city. If an expert doesn't take you, such as myself, you'll end up aimlessly walking until one of our creations get you. It would be a suicide mission."

"I'll take the risk, if you'll just point me in the direction," I said.

"Not so fast," he said taking a seat next to me, leaning back in his chair crossing his legs, "If I can't have the last true remaining demigod I would... settle for a date."

"Say what?"

"A date. Let The Order truly wine and dine you. Talk to my other comrades. Come see our way of life with an open mind, if you promise this, I will tell you where the city is," he said.

Without hesitation, I held my hand out for a handshake and said, "Done."

As soon as my hand touched his we were teleported away.

Damon

"I can't hear anything!" I shouted at Bash through my phone willing him to fix it. I have been hopping from rooftop to rooftop trying to get a better view of what was going on inside the restaurant. I was having no luck.

"I don't know what's wrong, I did everything right," Bash said trying to defend himself. But I was so upset and flustered nothing made sense.

"Find away in," I snapped.

"I'm trying!"

"Try harder!" I yelled ending the call and shoving my phone into my back pocket. I saw Freya standing on the balcony before she disappeared back into the restaurant. It shouldn't be taking this long.

"You know, yelling at Bash isn't going to get you anywhere. He's trying his hardest," Leo said coming up behind me dressed like me.

"Not now," I said moving around, still not giving up on finding a better view.

"Just calm down," he said, and I felt my body start to feel like Jell-O.

"Leo!" I said pushing though his gift.

"Look, I don't know exactly what's going on, but have you lost your mind? You came into The Orders territory without any backup. Do you have a death wish?"

I fell to my knees to weak, "Freya...." I managed to say with heavy breath.

"Of course," he said helping me stand. Leo teleported us to a high clock Tower nearby, "She had better be an absolute mine numbing bombshell in bed for you to lose your mind like this. If anyone finds you here-"

"I know!" I said as he dropped me.

"I don't think you do," he said.

Leo was still controlling my emotions until I raise my hands up in a surrendering pose. Rolling his eyes, he finally let go, and I quickly explain to him everything that had happened. "So, The Ministry is supposed to be in there?"

"Yes," I said.

"And you're trying to kill them? The Order wouldn't let you get out of the city alive," he stated. I knew that, but the only thing I cared about was getting Freya out of there.

"So, something else happened to make you permanently cranky?"

That fucking kiss. I should have pulled her into my arms and did gods know what. I'd be crazy to deny that I didn't want Freya in every sense of the word. But she was a demigod. She should be with... I don't know, another demigod or a god. I know we're Bonded, but I don't want Freya to wake up one day and regret settling with me. I know she's my Beloved. But she doesn't know that about me... at least not yet.

We needed to go slow with our bond because in the long run it will be worth the wait.

"Nothing. I'm just worried," I said.

"I kinda am too now. What do you think they'll give her?"

"Nothing good." Nothing good at all.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

358K 15.7K 51
There is nothing special about Freya Donovan. She's just a normal girl, living a normal life-a college graduate with a secure job, who occasionally e...
10M 313K 31
Even though the room was dark, I could still the one person who made my heart skip a beat. He stood there, his hands tucked in his pockets, staring a...
13.3K 724 96
ARDEN SERIES : BOOK 2 & 3 Paranormal Romance Arden. The daughter of Athena. I have heard so much about you and everything you have done. Everyone say...
1.5K 40 19
This Story is dedicated to my friend Talia. * I DON'T OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS UNLESS I SAY SO. * Talia spent her whole life dreaming about his b...