My Assassin

By JLGibson

Highest Ranked #1-RichGirl-Jan. 17. 2019 #1-Action-Romance Jul. 10. 2018 #1-Obsession-Jul. 10. 2018 #2-Thril... More

Please read!
Quote
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
My Assassin 2

Chapter 40

511 47 12
By JLGibson

Ryder's Point-of-View

I lay on the cold, wet floor bleeding from my head and underneath my ribs. My hands and feet are bound by rope.

I try to get up but I can't. The gash is so deep that it has me almost immobile. Looking down, I see how bad it is.

It's very bad!

I cough and wince in pain. The crimson liquid oozes out, making a small pool of blood on the ground next to me. How long have I been lying here? Hours?

It also feels like I have been going in and out of consciousness.

A couple of hours ago, I had arrived at this abandoned warehouse. Parking the car half a mile up the road, I jogged the rest of the way here.

I took out about a dozen or so of Max's men. How he was able to amass such a small army in such a short time surprised me.

As soon as I reached Mr. and Mrs. Hallowell, I saw they were bound and gagged. They started yelling something but it was too late. A tall, dark-skinned man hit me from behind with both fists!

I fell onto the concrete floor. I shook my head and got back up. That blow was enough to knock me out. I was glad it didn't but I couldn't get my bearings.

Once I was on my feet, the guy picked me up and threw me against a big, steel beam. I hit a jagged piece protruding out of it, which stabbed me. I fell onto the floor hard and rolled onto my back, groaning in pain.

The pain was so unbearable! I held my side, trying to get up. The man was going to grab me but I pulled my gun out and shot at him twice!

He put his arm up. My mouth dropped when I saw he didn't flinch! In fact, he started to laugh!

"Is that all you got?" He asked digging the bullets out of his arm. Mrs. Hallowell screamed in horror.

He looked at the bloody bullets in his hand and dropped them carelessly. "Let's hurry this along. Once I'm done with you, I have to go pay your girl a visit. How easy it was to find out they weren't staying at an actual hotel."

My heart sunk. He knew where Sam and LeAnn were? If I had this much trouble with him, LeAnn would have to put up the fight of her life.

I went to punch him, but he fell on one knee and hit my oozing wound. The pain was excruciating. I fell to the ground wanting to cry out in pain, but no sound came out.

It hurt to breathe, to move, to do anything. I got on my knees, looking down as I covered my wound with my hand. Blood continued seeping between my fingers.

I turned and realized Mr. Hallowell was trying to calm his wife down. She was crying hysterically. He then turned back at me with a look of hopefulness and guilt. His entire family was going to be killed.

The man suddenly walked up to me, smiling, and kicked me straight in the face. Knocking me out.

The steel door opens with a groan. Two guards come in and stand me up. I yell in pain!

"Boss wants a moment of your time," the one on the right says, grinning at me.

They drag me out of the room and take me down a flight of stairs, onto the first floor of the building.

I see Samantha's parents!

They are both still bound and gagged.

Mrs. Hallowell is crying. Max is standing behind them with his arms crossed.

A shallow smile paints his face.

"Well look who we have here! It's one of the guests of honor," Max says walking around Mrs. Hallowell.

They bring me in front of Max, where another guard pulls up a chair.

Max puts his hand on one of the guard's shoulders, a serious look on his face. "Tie him up very good. I don't want him getting out. Don't make light of the fact that if he gets loose, he will kill you all."

I smile at the guard who is untying my wrist.

I'm glad they all know exactly who I am.

I am then pushed onto the chair. The guard's hands are shaking while he ties my wrists to the chair. Another guard puts his gun to my head.

Max stands in front of me and bends over. One hand on my shoulder. I glare at him.

"Wow! It seems like you need a doctor, Ryder. How's the face and your ribs? Heard you took quite a big hit."

"It's better than that toe of yours."

My right leg isn't tied to the chair so I put my foot up and step on his foot as hard as I can!

Max yells in pain while I wince in pain. Well worth it! I smile through the pain.

"Motherfucker!"

He dances on his one good foot. Sam's Mom looks at me in horror, while her Dad smiles and shakes his head.

Max continues to dance in pain as he stares angrily at me. "Because of Samantha, I've lost two limbs, you know that right?!"

Max bends over and punches me on the side! I open my mouth to yell but no sound is made. More blood oozes out.

"I should tell you that your blonde friend is going to die and my assassin will bring Sam back here," Max says out of breath but continues. "Then we can all be one happy family and put you all to rest. Literally!" He looks over at the Hallowells.

My heart sinks. How does he know they are together?!

We had taken extra steps to make sure no one found them.

I only hope LeAnn and Sam are safe. I pull against the rope trying to find a weakness in the knots.

There isn't any, as of yet.

Just then, the warehouse door opens. I have lost track of time and see how dark it is outside.

A huge figure walks in.

It's the guy that ambushed me earlier.

He looks livid.

Max turns to him with a smile on his face. The man approaches him.

Max look behind the man. "Well? Where is she?"

"She got away," he says fixing his glove.

"What the f-!" Max says exasperatedly.

He throws his arms up and immediately regrets it, yelling in pain and grabbing onto his shoulder.

"How the fuck did that tiny woman get away from you?!"

I am losing so much blood and the room is starting to spin. I grin though, happy to hear they got away.

The man looks at me curiously. He tilts his head slightly and takes a step toward me.

"It was when I threw blondie's lifeless body into the water. The one you want was able to slip by."

My heart sunk. LeAnn?!

He looks back at Max and continues. "Don't worry. You will have her. She will either make her way over here, or my guy at the police station will let us know if she makes her way over there."

Max did not like that at all.

"I'm fucking paying you for immediate results! Not maybes and probably!"

The Man looks taken aback. He then angrily walks up and grabs Max by his throat, lifting him off the ground.

"I'm not one of your sissy guards! Mind your manners, Maxwell! You pop off at me like that again and I will write the ending to this story! Do you understand me?!"

The man's anger turns to unamusement as he suddenly drops Max to the ground, gasping for air and coughing. He then turns and walks behind the Hallowells, crossing his arms and glaring at me.

Max tries to compose himself. "Alright then," he says sighing and massaging his throat. Clearly, he's embarrassed.

Knowing Sam, she will figure away over here. She won't leave us behind. I close my eyes and pray with all my heart that she left.

Praying is something I never do.

I stopped doing that the night my parents were killed.

"How pathetic are you?" I laugh, staring at the floor, my breathing becoming erratic. I look back up at Max. "Sam is probably on a plane right now. She is on her way back home to tell everyone what you did. You'll never see any of that money."

Max looks up at the ceiling. His patience is wearing thin.

"If that's what you think, you are sadly mistaken. I've known her for a long time. She's selfless! An admirable but stupid trait. One that'll kill her eventually."

He shrugs. "You really think she'd leave her loving parents and you behind? She's still around here. Somewhere." He slowly limps away.

I had given my pilots instructions. If she makes it back alone, they are to take her straight to New Jersey.

Freddie will handle getting her to the attorney and the media. Anything to stop this coward from getting what he wants!

"You know what, Ryder?" Max stops and limps back. "I did want Sam to see her parents die but I think I need to prove a point to you." He looks at the Hallowells.

His brows furrow as he begins to think. "Yeah! I'm sure you think I'm a joke," he says nodding and pointing to himself. "I'll show you something funny."

Max pulls out a gun and points it at Mr. Hallowell, limping to him. His wife begins to scream making Max point the gun at her. He sneers. "So which one will it be?"

I pull against the ropes furiously! Sam will never forgive me if her parents are killed!

I have to get out of this and soon! I am losing too much blood. I don't even know how long I have until I lose complete consciousness.

"We will start with Daddy dearest then. Untie him!" Max barks at the closest guard!

Mrs. Hallowell starts to scream and cry! She tries desperately to get out of her restraints! "Please, no! I beg you! Don't hurt him! Timothy!"

They untie Mr. Hallowell and remove his gag. He struggles a little, looking stone-faced, as they stand him up, bringing him in front of Max.

"Kill me but you will never get what you want," Mr. Hallowell says showing no fear.

Max gets in his face and then backs away, handing his gun to the guard.

Max squints and then shrugs his shoulders. "Eh! I'm a lover, not a fighter. And besides, I don't need your blood splatter all over my three thousand dollar outfit."

I look over at the man. He is still glaring at me.

I know he will be my toughest opponent. It will take a miracle for me to kill him in my state and by the looks of him, he wants to dance with me.

Badly.

"Any last words for your wife?" The guard asks Mr. Hallowell as he puts the gun to his forehead.

"I love you, Becca," Mr. Hallowell says as he closes his eyes. I close my eyes also as I hear the gun being cocked.

"Tim!" Mrs. Hallowell screams.

I will never forgive myself for what is about to happen.

The guard pulls the trigger. A loud bang emanates all around us.

Mrs. Hallowell screams.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 423 70
Loss. Inexplicable loss. A loss you can't even grieve because no one else admits to it. After all, how can you grieve over something that was never r...
17.8K 2K 32
(Ranked #1 in Adult in 28K stories) #Wattys2020 🥇(1st place) Romance- The Platinum Awards 🥈(2nd place) Chicklit - 2023 Rose Gold Awards 🥈(2nd pl...
60K 2.1K 79
You look in my eyes, I'm stripped of my pride. And my soul surrenders, And you bring my heart to it's knees. HIGHEST RANKINGS: January 2019 ⇨#20 NIK...
143 57 16
Winner of best romantic comedy in the 2024 lucky in love awards! Mary is just getting used to married life, but it doesn't last long. On the day of h...