Bonded (The Olympus Brotherho...

By awesomegal15

Freya's new normal is a rollercoaster ride she can't seem to get off of. While battling the physiological af... More

Nyx
I Got You
Motel
Family Matter
A Child, Two Drunks and a Queen
Brother and Sister
Ta-Damn
The Date
Changed or Love Wipped
One Problem at a Time
Just Me and You
Until I Collapse
Hoffman
Welcome to Olympia
Soldier, Warrior, Hero
An Invitation
Archon
Shaking Hands With the Devil
Descent
Darkness Will Ensnare
Think and Run
Spartan and Theban
Reborn
Gone
Kicked Out
No Regrets
Eyes and Tries
Inspiration, Desperation, Determination
Picasso's
More Great Questions
Message Received
Slay
My Beloved
Blackout
Forever Strong
A Cup and a Lie
Promises
Awake
The Academy
Chaos
Ophelia was...
Do you?
Aren't You?
Secret
Vice or Virtue
Tag!
When Tomorrow Starts...
Good Luck
Tell No Lies
Three Kings, Two Lovers, One Child
Trapped
Sacrifice, Cocoon and Dread
White Lie
The Right Thing
Fallout
I'm Sorry
Come in
Beloved
Super Shout Out and Thank You

More Rain

2.8K 133 5
By awesomegal15

Chapter 3

Alaric

"Is that everyone?" I called out to Leo.

"It doesn't matter; we're at capacity anyway," Milo said.

All throughout Haven there were safe zones put into place. If the school was ever under attack, everyone was to get to one of the safe zones. Normally The Brotherhood would make a sweep of the campus starting with The Elders and children, then work our way to the main part of campus. It was easier tonight because most of the campus was in the gymnasium.

We were about to be sealed off in the underground safe room towards the back of campus, on the football field. As soon as the alarm went off, all the main safe areas opened; the football field, the Clock Tower, and the library. The children had a safe room under their playground towards the back of their dorms and The Elders had a safe room inside of their mansion. We were currently trying to squeeze as many people into the football field as possible. It would only be a matter of minutes before the wave hit us.

My biggest concern was making sure Cecilia was safe. She had to be one of the first people to make it to the Clock Tower. We would be fine.

"Has anyone seen Freya?" I asked.

"No, not since she disappeared on the dance floor. She said something about going to the bathroom, but it's been over an hour," Leo said.

Freya! I got nothing from her. Fuck it. Damon? I said reaching out.

Still here. He said sounding like he just got the shit beat out of him.

Is Freya with you? I asked.

No. Alaric she's hurt. I can feel it. Damon said with strain in his voice. I felt fine. Why? After our rescue operation, I remember feeling like I was going to die when Achlys started to suck Damon's soul out. Was I losing my connection to Freya?

"Let's close it up," Milo said walking down the stone stairs.

"NO! Just wait a second." Once the field was sealed off it wasn't going to open for another thirty-six hours. Whoever was left up top would be trapped up here alone.

"We can't put everyone in danger for one life," Leo said with a serious tone I had never heard him use before.

"Every life is important," I said knowing I was about to do the stupidest thing possible. Freya is my friend...and sister in arms? Not a hundred percent on that last one, but she is my friend. Freya would help anyone of us if the situation was reversed.

Taking a deep breath, I started to walk away from the field when I heard Milo and Leo call out to me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw someone running. There were still people up here?

"Wait! We got one more!" I said watching the guy with dark features book it across campus. He had better hurry up Milo and Leo weren't playing around about shutting the door. He sprinted past me, and for a second I thought I saw... Freya's book.

No. It can't be.

"Hey! HEY" I said chasing after him, but he didn't stop or acknowledge that I was even here. I finally tackled him from behind getting him to the ground. I snatched the book out of his hand and saw this was indeed Freya's book. "Hey motherfucker! Where did you get this from?"

With a deadness in his eyes and voice he said, "Just go, just go," he repeated over and over again.

The fuck? Was he mental or... No, he was under a compulsion. Could Freya compel people?

I let him go keeping the book in my hand. He quickly made his way underground and without a second thought Milo and Leo started to close the safe room up. The metal doors slowly started to close in, "Now or never." I said to myself.

The man had come from the direction of the forest. I bet that's where Freya is.

I'm coming.

Damon

"Just give me something for the pain. A steroid, a potion anything!" I shouted at Bash and Callan as we made our way into The Elders safe room. It was the closest safe spot to The Brotherhood's mansion.

As we passed the huge rectangular windows in The Elder's mansion, I saw the wave growing ever bigger. It wouldn't be long before we were in the safe room. But I didn't have time to hide, Freya needed me now.

I was still so weak after the vision I saw, and it didn't help that someone was beating the crap out of Freya. Or trying to drown her. It was so hard to breathe. I desperately tried to reach out to her, but she didn't reply to me or Alaric.

"Bash! I need to get to Freya-"

"She is going to be just fine," Callan said blowing me off. "Demigods are more resistant than you think."

"Bash" I coughed out, "I'm still team leader. I need to help her." I was begging now.

"Nothing I can give you would make you even remotely ready for battle. Damon, your killing yourself. Be reasonable," Bash said. We were just about the move the portrait of the first Elder off the wall so we could head into the safe room. With my last remaining strength, I pulled back away from Callan and Bash. I'm not just going to hide away while Freya is in trouble.

I could handle the pain, but I needed strength. I needed... I needed... That's it! I teleported back to the castle landing hard on my knees on the cold stone floor in Freya's room.

Where is it? Where is it?!

I crawled over to Freya's nightstand pulling out all the drawers. Got it. I thought holding up Freya's thigh band. Weakly, I snapped the gold band around my neck.

Hopefully, this works on Descendants and not just demigods.

Freya

I'm going to die.

I couldn't fight against the wave to swim upwards. I was being pushed back as the glowing green tentacle started to approach me. I finally stopped trying to swim up and just started to swim with the flow of the water. Even saying I was swimming was generous; I was just being moved.

Just focus on air. Just focus on air. Just focus on air.

I kept saying to myself. All my remaining strength had to go into keeping my air like dome over my head. The water was so cold it stung my body. I was swimming with no clear direction. I was being buried in darkness.

I felt a hand touch my foot and I immediately started to freak out. Kicking and flailing my limbs until the hand went away. Today just wasn't my day. God forbid I try and go to a dance, or try to save someone from drowning only to end up floating in a never-ending pit of darkness.

I felt strong arms being wrapped around my waist. I twisted, turned, and kicked, trying to get away from whatever was trying to hold me down. It was so dark I couldn't see anything.

I blinked and the next thing I knew I was rolling... On the ground! Coughing, I tried to take in my new surroundings.

Holy small towns.

The colors of the town reminded me of children's toys. Every red was the exact same one, a brilliant cherry scarlet. Every blue was a bright royal hue, neither dark nor light. There were a few trees pine trees. The streetlamps were a canary yellow. None of the buildings were sun-bleached, nothing was scratched or chipped. The street was free of litter and the walls were unvandalized.

It screamed perfect getaway. What the hell happened?

"Are you okay?" Damon said weakly gasping for air just like me. He offered me his hand, and without thinking I took it.

"W-w-w-hat- What? Where are we?" Is that my thigh band around his neck?

"Somewhere outside of the main shield. So, Cutler?" he said.

You may have pissed off the God of the sea, now he's not too happy being imprisoned. Damon said.

"So, he drowns me, and everyone at Haven!" I shouted now standing.

"Ssshhhh, this is man's world. We need to go back to Haven," he said.

"You can. I tried to get inside only to run full force into a wall," I said touching my nose.

Thinking it over for a second, he finally said looking up to the dark stormy sky, "We can't stay in the middle of the road." I could tell we were somewhere close to the ocean; I could smell the salt in the air.

Would the wave make it to us?

"No." Damon said directing his attention back on me. "Cutler has the same shields and barriers as Haven. Just not as strong."

Is that why I can't get in? Did Haven disown me?

Rain started to pour down on to us. That's exactly what we needed right now, more rain! The rain bore down mercilessly onto everything pounding on the rooftops and turning the cobbled streets of the town into a warren of slick stones and muddy waters. "Come on," Damon said grabbing onto my wrist and we teleported away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.5K 759 18
Aldeline King, She is a primordial. Her mother is the primordial, Gaia and her father is the primordial, Erebus. She is more powerful than he could e...
13.3K 724 96
ARDEN SERIES : BOOK 2 & 3 Paranormal Romance Arden. The daughter of Athena. I have heard so much about you and everything you have done. Everyone say...
125K 8.3K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...
213 32 28
Meet 20 - year old Athena Carter, a small town American girl turned Oxford Nanny with good grades, determination, and a rough past, England bound for...