A Stabler and a Benson [A Ben...

By GirlandHerKeyboard

Another story based off of my one shots, which turned out to be a three part series! Olivia and Elliot have r... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty

Twenty-One

237 7 0
By GirlandHerKeyboard

Since both Olivia and David, and Catie and Eli are both in good spots, I'm going to write this chapter in those four POVs. I want to also base it around how they met. Hope you enjoy. :)

Olivia's POV [22+ years early]

I sat on the edge of my bed, as Alex tossed my clothes onto a pile on the floor. I was not ready for the Christmas party she was forcing me to go to, because just a month ago my best friend slept with me for the last time before picking his estranged wife over me.

"Can't I just stay here? I want to sleep after I get shit faced." I spoke, and she shook her head.

"No, because I'm tired of you moping around. He was married." She spoke, and I felt the tears well in my eyes. She turned around because I hadn't responded, and she frowned.

"I'm sorry, Liv. I know that you love him, and are so heartbroken over it, but you need to move on. You need to find someone to help with the pain, because in the end, you are an amazing woman who needs someone to hold you at night, and to give you those babies you want." Alex smiled, and I wiped a few tears from my cheeks, before standing slowly.

"Just give me a dress. I'm going to curl my hair."

I walked into my bathroom and started to slowly curl my hair, until Alex came in and held up a dress and smiled.

She had picked the tightest red dress I have, and I knew I didn't want anything to do with this dinner. All I wanted was to stay home, put on a pair of sweats and sleep. I didn't want to move on, because there was no one out there that was even close to perfect for me. Elliot was the one I want, the one I craved. I miss feelings his hands on my skin, and his lips against mine. I missed feeling his breath against my skin as we laid extraordinarily close together. I missed his smile.

"Liv, please don't cry." Alex spoke, as she hung the dress up, before pulling me into a hug. I hadn't even realized that I was crying. I clung to my friend, as she rubbed my back.

"I miss him so much, and this is all too much. I just want to stay home and sleep. Please let me do that." I whispered, but Alex was pushing me away and taking my dress from the hanger.

"Nope. You will not sit here and mope. There is going to be tons of nice, drunk, hot lawyers there. Just go and see if maybe you can find someone to sleep with. Then everything else will go away. I promise."

///

I felt weird as I walked into a fancy hotel conference room where a bunch of lawyers from all over New York City were sitting and talking, or laughing and drinking. I was a just some stupid police officer who was trying to get through a slump that was causing her depression and anxiety to become worse.

Alex had forced me into high heels, and had me do my makeup even more than I usually do. I felt weird, and was already planning my escape.

"Okay, so why don't you go and get some wine, and I'll find a few people to talk to." She spoke, and I sighed before nodding.

I walked away from my friend, and crossed my arms over my chest as I walked. When I made it to the bar, I got two red wines, before turning and looking around to see if I could find Alex.

When I did spot her, I saw her already talking to a guy, her face flushed and a smile covering her face. I had been gone for barely 5 minutes, and she was already hitting it up with someone.

I looked around and saw a table with only one person at it, and I walked over there and sat down the two glasses before taking a sip and sitting down.

"You must really be having  a bad night." The man spoke, and I turned to look at him. He was smiling because he thought he was amusing.

"Want this one?" I questioned, deciding that he looked lonely and might want to talk to me tonight while Alex got laid.

"If you don't think you'll drink it." He grinned, and I chuckled before handing it to him. He took a drink from it, before looking me over.

"So, where do you work?" He asked.

"I'm not a lawyer..." I trailed off, and he looked around.

"This is kinda a private Christmas party..." He trailed off, and I pointed over at Alex.

"She's my best friend, and I'm her plus one. But I'm a detective so I work with the lawyers."

"What precinct?" He asked, becoming interested. It must be because I'm different from everyone he's seen for awhile.

"The 16th. SVU." I smiled.

"Wow, I've always wanted to be an ADA for them. The cases are all so interesting."

"They are, but SVU takes a lot out of everyone. It breaks a lot of good cops, but somehow I'm tainted enough that it hasn't broken me yet."

"Tell me more." He spoke, as he moved a few seats over, and he took a sip of his wine.

"Please tell me you aren't trying to get me to go home with you. Right?"

"I just want to know more about SVU, but knowing more about you.... Uh, what's your name?" He asked, and I smiled before reaching my hand out to him.

"Detective Olivia Benson. And you are?" I replied.

"ADA David Haden at your service." He smiled, before starting a conversation about our jobs.

I was surprised how interested I was, and how interested he was too. I ended up finding out that the guy Alex was flirting with had convinced David to come, even though he didn't want to come like I didn't.

We ended up leaving the conference room together a few hours after we arrived and we got dinner at a fast food restaurant before going to his place and talking all night. 

///

David's POV

When I arrived at the hotel conference room, I was beyond annoyed. Several of the people I worked with were married, and didn't have to worry about finding someone to talk to, or worry about going home to an empty apartment once again.

My friend, Neal, asked me to come even though I didn't want to. He said I'd been too busy working, and not finding someone to spend my life together. Neal wasn't married either, recently divorced however. I've always been the person to work instead of dating, and my wife is my job at this point.

"They aren't serving dinner, so if you want to get really drink, just go and get something at the hotel restaurant." Neal spoke, and I looked at him, my stare blank.

"What?" He asked.

"Neal, I was actually invited to this. I know what they will and will not have. Just go do what newly divorced men do, and leave me to drink." I replied, and he laughed as he clapped my shoulder, before walking over to a group of lawyers, and starting to talk to a few from our office.

I walked over to the bar and got a shot of whiskey and then some water before going and sitting down. I didn't want to get so drunk that I'd have to stay the night here, because I have a very important meeting in the morning, and I can't miss it.

I looked around the room and saw a few people I knew, but most of them were from different parts of New York City, and I hadn't worked with them yet. Some were even defense lawyers, and those slimy bastards wouldn't even talk to me.

I sat for about half and hour, before someone sat at my table, two glasses of wine in hand. She was stunning, but she really looked out of place. 

///

Olivia and I left and went to a fast food restaurant near the hotel. We went in and ordered what we wanted, before going and sitting down in a booth.

"So you really passed out after smelling fumes from a mushroom thing?" I asked, and Olivia was laughing so hard after telling her story, and laughing during the whole story, that she had to recover and wipe tears from her cheeks.

"Yeah, my partner was so confused when it happened. It wasn't a fun experience to pass out and almost have permanent damage, but when every detective in my unit told me what happened, I had to admit it was kinda funny." She smiled, and I chuckled.

"I really don't have good stories. My life is boring." I spoke, as I stole a fry from her tray.

"I really doubt that, David. I'm sure you have some interesting stories." She smiled, and I saw interest in her eyes. She wanted to hear about me, which is something a bunch of other women do not care about. All they want is to know how much money I make, and if I'm willing to be used for that money.

Olivia is different.

"Uh, well I don't have a lot to tell. I bet I could just give you my life story." I spoke, but I wasn't being serious. I was only joking around with her.

"Please, David. I want to know more about you. I really doubt you are boring. Like you work for the DA's office for god's sake." She spoke, as  she gently touched me hand, and I smiled softly, before moving my hand into her's, and I noticed how perfectly our fingers intertwined.

"I was born and raised in Jersey, but I moved up here for college. My parents are both retired and living in Spain. I'm an only child, and I broke my arm when I was five, while chasing down my giant great dane, who decided to chase after a car." I smiled.

"I love dogs." She smiled, and I chuckled.

"Gallop was a beast, but he was so sweet. I miss that dog." I spoke.

"I've always lived in the city, so I didn't get a chance to grow up with a dog, nor have I grown up with parents who loved me." She breathed, and I knew she was comfortable enough with me, that she was already opening up to me.

"Foster care?" I questioned, but she shook her head.

"If I had been put into foster care, I would have been spared the pain of having a drunk, abusive, rape victim of a mother." She sighed, as she reached up and tucked a curl behind her ear.

"I'm sure-"

"She didn't love me, David. Everyone says that she was probably hiding it, but she didn't. I want to be frank with you about this, because if we continue to talk, you'll notice how depressed I can get at some points, and how over attached I get to some victims." She spoke.

"I was going to say that I'm sure it made you stronger. That is all." I spoke, before standing.

I saw her start to panic, because she thought I was turned off now by how she was acting, but instead I scooted into her side of the booth, and pulled her into a hug. She clung to me, and once she had calmed down enough, she kissed me.

The kiss was soft and quick, but it was the start of many kisses in the future.

"Thanks." She whispered, and I nodded slowly before leaning back in the booth, and holding her close. It was late, so no one was paying attention. I was thankful, because deep down, even if I didn't realize right now, that this night was the start of an amazing relationship, one that would led to three daughters, and a marriage full of love, but one also full of troubles that we some how overcome.

///

Catie's POV [20+ years later]

I walked out of apartment building just in time to see a large group of Marines running through the streets of DC. It was cold, and I have no idea how they can run through the snowy streets in freaking DC.

I pulled my leather gloves on, before pushing my hat on, and turning to walk towards the CPS office. I originally worked in Manhattan, but they decided I was good enough to work in DC.

I continued down the sidewalk, as I swerved in and out of very fast Marines. As I made it to the crosswalk, and pressed the button, I only had to wait a few seconds before crossing. But as I was crossing, I slipped on black ice, and landed hard on my back.

"Shit!" I exclaimed, because the shock of it all was more intense than the actual pain.

As I laid there for the few moments I could, ten Marines ran past me, but one stopped, and reached his hand down to me. My eyes went wide because I was surprised one of them decided to be nice. He helped me to my feet, before helping me walk over to the other side, which took me longer to get to than I had thought.

"Thanks." I sighed, as I brushed my pants off, and he took his hand and brushed the snow from my back, and he touched the small of my back, and I gasped from pain.

"Are you okay? You seem to be in pain." He spoke, and I nodded slowly, as I looked at him.

"I'm fine. Thanks for helping me. Uh, I guess you should probably get back to your run." I spoke, and he shook his head.

"No, I'm fine. Come on." He spoke, and my eyes went wide when I finally looked into his bright blue eyes, that I felt myself get lost in them.

"W-where are we going?" I asked.

"The hospital. You hit your back pretty hard. Come on, we don't want you to be really hurt not get checked out, do we?"

///

The Marine was Elliot Stabler, but even before I could thank him again, he said his name was Eli, because his Dad was also named Elliot.

He sat and waited with me, and he even waited after the doctor checked me out and told me to just use a hitting pad on my back and take some pain medicine to help with the pain. Then, Eli Stabler, took me back to my building.

"So, clearly you didn't want to run in the cold DC air." I spoke, as I walked down my hall, and Eli nodded.

"I hate when they make us do that. All I wanted was to work out in the gym, then go home and work on my classes."

"Classes?" I asked, as I unlocked my apartment, and stepped in. Eli walked in with me, and watched me as I slowly slipped my jacket off.

"Yeah, I'm doing college classes during the days I don't do work on base." He spoke.

"What are you taking? I just graduated a year ago, so I'm interested." I smiled, and he sighed.

"I'm taking a bunch of random classes. I do not know what I want to be once I leave the corps. I really just want to work for as long as I can." He spoke, and I nodded.

"Well, I woke for CPS, and we can always use more people to help out." I smiled gently, as I went to make coffee. Eli followed me into the kitchen, and I was surprised that I wasn't nervous that he would grab a knife and carve my heart out. He didn't seem like that, and he honestly was such a gentleman, but that didn't stop knife welding killers.

"Do you want coffee?" I asked, realizing that I hadn't asked him.

"Actually, I'd love that. Now, how did you get involved in CPS? I know that it's a dangerous field, since taking away children can be an issue." He spoke, as I started the pot, before grabbing some mugs.

"My mother and father are both involved in law type of things. My mother is a detective and my father is a DA. So they work side by side with all of these cases."

"So you are kinda taking part in the family business, eh?"

"Yeah, you could say that." I grinned, before I started to get the sugar, milk, and creamer out. I didn't know why I was so invested in this conversation with the guy who helped me to my feet.

"What about your parents? Being a Marine is also a risky thing. I'd be nervous about how dangerous it is. It's even more dangerous than my job, but it's a noble occupation also."

"My father was a Marine, but then he knocked up my mother and left. He was a detective for a bit, but left shortly after I was born."

"Are you from DC?" I mused.

"Nope, Manhattan. You?"

"Same. I lived right in the middle of everything, so my parents could get to work quickly. Then I was stuck with taking care of my sisters when I was living at home."

"Oh, don't even get me started on siblings." He laughed, and when he did laugh, his eyes sparkled.

"Oh, and why is that?" I spoke, as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Because I have a ton of siblings! More than you I'm guessing. My parents are Catholic, so procreation is kinda in our blood."

"I have two sisters who are twins. You?" I urged, and he rolled his eyes, which made me smile.

"I'm the youngest of 6. I win." He smiled.

Eli and I sat together in my apartment and talked for an hour and drank coffee until he had to get back to the base. When I went to clean up after walking him out, he had left his number on a napkin from the hospital when he got coffee while we waited. I smiled and grabbed the napkin before putting the number into my phone.

"Eli Stabler." He answered.

"Smooth." I spoke, and he laughed before we hung up.

///

Eli's POV

I felt like I was just helping a girl get up off the ice, but instead I helped a girl with dark brown hair and bright blue eyes from getting trampled by the feet of tons of Marines. She was in pain when I got her up and after I took her to the hospital, we talked. She was surprisingly interesting, since most girls these days are just fake. I've dated a few, but none of them have been good enough to take home to my family, because they were so fake. Overwhelmingly fake.

She was funny and clearly she was brave, if she was willing to work for Child Protective Services, which is a profession that isn't for the faint of heart.

A few weeks after we first met, and after several hundred messages exchanged, I took her out for  a date.

"So, where are we going?" She asked, as she wrapped a scarf around her neck as we walked down the stairs of her apartment building.

"Dinner." I spoke.

"I was kinda assuming, but Eli, where are you taking me?" She questioned, and I saw where she got her curiosity from a detective.

"You'll see. I'm not going to kill you." I smirked, and she rolled her eyes before grabbing my arm. I smiled as I placed my hand over her's and we continued to walk down the stairs.

I got her out to my car, and opened the door for her, and she smiled.

I got in on the driver's side, and she leaned over and pecked my cheek gently.

"You are so sweet." 

///

I drove her back to the base, and took her to my house. I was going to woo the pants off this girl, but not like her actual pants. I just want to impress her, because she's something special. She sat at my counter and harassed me, while I made her a family recipe for chicken parmesan. My mother taught me how to make it, and it was for sure gonna impress Catie.

"I've never met a man who cooks for their first date. My father didn't even impress my mother with a fancy dinner, they ate fast food and talked for a few hours."

"Such a beautiful love story." I smirked, and she shook her head.

"You are sassy, Stabler. I really wish you'd learn to lose the sass." She spoke, as she arched one of her eyebrows. She looks so cute when she does that, and I've had to restrain myself from walking around and kissing her lips, especially tonight since she had dark red lipstick on.

"See my parents met at a party, and then 9 months later my sister Maureen was born. Now THAT is a love story if I've ever heard one." I laughed, and I was pleasantly surprised when she stood and wrapped her arms around my waist, because I was facing the stove.

"Eli, your laugh is amazing, if you haven't been told that before, now you know." She spoke, and I quickly turned around and smashed my lips into her's which led to her on the counter. We made out till the smell of burning food filled the air, and I swore before pulling the tomato sauce from the stove and sighing in defeat.

"Sorry for distracting you, Eli." Catie spoke, from where she still sat on the counter, but she didn't look sorry whatsoever. She looked proud.

"You'll pay for that, Cat. Now, I'm going to order pizza. I can't fix this."

///

Unlike many first dates, Catie and I didn't end up having sex. Most of the times I have first dates that is what happens, but I was thankful that it didn't happen this time. We did however fall asleep on my pull out couch while we watched a romcom that Catie just wanted to see. Having her in my arms was amazing, because I was already falling for her.

The way she spoke. The way she laughed. The way that vein in her forehead becomes noticeable when she smiles or clenches her jaw. She was just so special, that I didn't know how I could live without her.

She woke up as the sun peaked through the window, and her head was still on my chest, but her body was now covered up with a warm quilt my grandmother made me.

"What time is it?" She yawned.

"Around 5." I smiled, and she yawned again as she cuddled closer to me. I leaned down and kissed the top of her head, before holding her closer.

"Can we just stay like this all day? I'm so comfy, and you are so warm." She smiled, and her sleepy smile was the fucking cutest one I've ever seen.

"I'll call in if you really want me to." I spoke, and she nodded against my chest, as she closed her eyes again and I felt her breathing even out, as she fell back asleep.

///

I held her until she woke up again, and then we made breakfast together. I taught her how to make french toast, and she admitted that she can't cook thanks to her parents.

We spent the day watching movies and talking, and kissing. God was she good at kissing.

We didn't want the day to end, because we were having such an amazing time together, and getting to know each other. But by the time it was dinner time, Catie had to get home because of work in the morning, and I had to go get my work out hours in.

"So, call me later? Or tomorrow?" Catie asked, as I drove her to her apartment.

"Tonight before bed if you want me to." I smiled, and she blushed but nodded.

"I don't want to end this date, which turned into a sleepover date thing." She sighed.

"Me either, but I'll find another day later this week for another date. Alright?" I asked, and she nodded.

We got to her apartment and I walked her up. We kissed for a few minutes before saying our goodbyes. As I walked away, I knew she was the one.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 1.7K 46
They had had each others backs for years, and when Elliot needed more than just someone to make sure he didn't get shot, Olivia was once again there...
36.3K 1.4K 50
Several years after Elliot left Special Victims Unit, he comes upon his best friend, and two little things bring them back together, but will somethi...
69.2K 2.4K 42
In this story, Olivia is the product of rape still, but her mother ended up loving her and cherishing her. But when Serena is raped again, she can't...
11.7K 733 40
They were high school sweethearts, but broke up when he wanted to pursue his dreams. Yet every year they grew up without each other and started famil...