The Desperate Kingdom of Love...

Von mysticaltales11111

A Decade ago,Arnav Singh Raizada and Asad Ahemed Khan,heirs to famous business tycoons of the country, turned... Mehr

Introduction and Character Sketch
Chapter 1 - The Silent Truth
Chapter 2 - A Strange Wish..for A Strange Possibility?
Chapter 4 - Just Life or A Movie It Is??
Chapter 5 - A Pinch of Jealousy and Some Fireworks
Chapter 6- And Somethings are Just Easier Said, Than Done
Chapter 7 - Cant Stop This Thing We've Started?
Chapter 8 - Every Picture Tells A Story
Chapter 9 - I Want to Make It Up to You
Chapter 10- Flowers and Storms
Chapter 11 - The First Cut is the Deepest
Chapter 12 - The Heart Still Beats
Chapter 13- If Only
Chapter 14 - Set Me Free
Chapter 15 - Giving Up
Chapter 16 - Moving On
Chapter 17 - Stealing Time
Chapter 18 - Stealing Chances
Chapter 19 - Now or Never
Chapter 20 - Some Bits and Pieces
Chapter 21 - The Distant Road
Chapter 22 - Go The Distance
Chapter 23 - Risking It All
Chapter 24 - Longing
Chapter 25 - As Long As You Love Me
Chapter 26 - GAME TIME
Chapter 27 - Quit Playing Games With My Heart
Chapter 28 - Falling Apart
CHAPTER 29 - BROKEN
CHAPTER 30- CAN SOMEBODY STICH ME UP?
Chapter 31 - THE TRILLION BROKEN PEICES OF MY HEART
CHAPTER 32 - RIPPED
Chapter 33 - THE MIRROR OF THE PAST
CHAPTER 34 - STANDSTILL
CHAPTER 35 - THE AFTERMATH
CHAPTER 36 - THE THOUGHTS THAT CROSS MY HEART
CHAPTER 37 - UPSIDE DOWN
CHAPTER 38 - HEART TO HEART
CHAPTER 39 - TOO MANY GOODBYE'S
CHAPTER 40 - IN BETWEEN THE LINES
CHAPTER 41 - PUZZLED CONNECTIONS
CHAPTER 42 - THE WINGS OF TIME
CHAPTER 43 - BEING CUPID
CHAPTER 44 - A STEP CLOSER INTO YOU
CHAPTER 45 - HOLD ME NOW
CHAPTER 46 - ALL I NEED IS YOU
CHAPTER 47 - GIVING IN
Chapter 48 - HOME
CHAPTER 49 - Forever with You
Important Note
CHAPTER 50 - ALWAYS
Chapter 51 - I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
Alternate Versiom of FF TDKOL-Opinions???

Chapter 3 - Just a Lie..or A Wonderful Lie It Is??

3.5K 97 7
Von mysticaltales11111

Chapter 3 - Just a Lie...or A Wonderful Lie, It is?

A Lie.Isnt it something we just usually always think isnt it a good thing,because we are all programmed that way, making us always preach the fact that Honesty is indeed the Best Policy and that we should always speak the truth, its true ofcourse that it is indeed just always easy and better to operate with Honesty in Life and also in our relationships and most importantly with ourselves. But still we cannot deny the fact that we all have lied at some point in our lives it could be while we were growing up to our parents to save ourselves from their angry rant for being so irresponsible at times for the silly fun stuff we all do or maybe sometimes to our teachers about being ill for not doing our homework on time or sometimes to save our friends or the ones we love, from the truth that might hurt them. Its a truth as simple as that...that we all have used the Lie in our Lives.

And then comes the Lies which stay with us forever- the lies that we tell ourselves to either escape into the world of denial or to either escape from our very own feelings and emotions or just sometimes because the truth is too bitter that it is better to not face it and its just easier to mislead ourselves by a Lie than to admit the truth. But still we all know that A Lie is a temporary solution to a problem and not a permanent one but then why is it that we still fall for it- when it specially comes to the matters of the Heart, why do we still sometimes choose to let our heart seek the comfort in a lie, maybe because we all get carried away by the comfort and the happiness our heart starts to seek in it by the wonders A Lie can reflect at times and in that moment, it is but natural to wonder that are all Lies just wrong? Is there no Lie that can be right if it brings happiness to the heart? Its only but natural to just wonder at times that is it really- Just a Lie....Or a Wonderful Lie , It is?

..........

8.30 AM - London

Khushi had just returned from her morning swim,and she felt a little bit relaxed,thank god for her love for swimming,it was almost like when she was in water-all her worries would wash away,and she used that time to think from a clear state of mind.

And the things she had learned from her todays morning swim was that - First, there was no way her heart was listening to control the attraction and the pull towards the man,her mind was wanting to avoid but she was failing miserably because everytime she closed her eyes,she could only think of him,and she remembered how she had managed to stay quiet over dinner which he had ordered for them last night,and given her no choice but to join him,because he knew she did not have the grocery to cook; and he had argued that he had ordered enough for two anyway.She had managed to finish the meal as soon as possible,and had made a excuse that she had to do some work on her dissertation,to avoid his constant gaze on her. The second thing she had realized was that,there was no way she could not see his deep brown intense eyes,every time she closed hers-because it was as if they had captured a place in her mind and she had had another restless night,by fighting to not think of him or his eyes or how he looked at her.The third thing she had realized was- that she had landed herself in the middle of a deep mess-the mess she wanted to be in.It was a lie-and she knew that it was wrong to live this lie,but she couldnt fight the temptation to not live it.

She poured herself some cereal and milk and she ate still deep in thought just when a thought crossed her mind and she left her breakfast and walked with the milk carton and the box of cereal across the hall to knock on his door.

Arnav was just busy getting ready for work,it was early but since he didnt have much to eat at the studio ,he thought it would be best to reach work early and order something because he could not skip his breakfast as he had to take his diabetic medicine soon after and as soon as he finished wearing his suits,his thoughts wondered to her again the mesmerizing innocent her , who was living across the hall and he tried to figure out why was she behaving so differently over dinner last night she seemed all normal at lunch and even after then why had she gone on this sudden silent mode on Dinner ,she barely spoke to him except for a few general things about Zoya and she went into a total mute zone as soon as he asked about her family and she had just diverted the topic to -how she had to get some work done,and excused herself almost sprinting out of his sight,suprising him to the core. Had he said something that he shouldnt have? Or had he done something to make her uncomfortable? And right then the moment of when hed caught her in his arms earlier yesterday crossed his mind,and he wondered if his sudden closeness in that moment was what was worrying her. He couldnt understand that why was he thinking about her so much anyway? And he decided to not pay attention to Miss Khushi Gupta and her existence just when he heard a knock on his door,and he walked towards it to open it,wondering who could it be so early-it was just 8.40 am.

He opened the door-only to be mesmerized once more as he rechecked the thought he had deceided in his mind- forget Khushi Gupta and her existence and felt himself cancel it out and it automatically got replaced with maybe not forget it until later when she isnt standing at the door looking at him with her innocene and he heard her say - "  Hi,Good Morning Arnav,I just thought. maybe you would be hungry and she handed him the milk and the cereal."

Arnav couldnt help but smile at the thought that she remembered he didnt have anything to eat as he said -" Hi,Goodmorning,I was just heading out for work early thinking I would eat there but thanks,I guess this will do"

Khushi gave him a small smile as she said - " I remembered you didnt have any thing here and u need to have your medicine,so.." and she stopped in mid sentence as she whacked herself mentally for blurting something she shudnt have, and she immediately covered up - "  Zoya told me your diabetic,she worries about you all the time ohk ill see you later ,bye " and before he could say anything he watched her sprint away once more making him wonder what the hell was up with her anyway? But he couldnt help but feel maybe good about the fact that she remembered every small detail about him could it be that Zoya talked about him all the time or could it be there was something else here?

Khushi closed the door to her apartment, and she tried to control her rapid heartbeat that had raced again at seeing him in front of her all suited up looking extremely sexy and mysterious just like he always did in all the news articles and interviews, she read and saw. She walked up to her room and took out the picture of her ammi and her bhaijaan that she had hidden in the drawer and she looked at it guiltly, because she knew that whatever she was feeling here was wrong and yet she seemed to not make her trechourous heart understand it. She stared at the picture for a good two minutes, and then she dialled her Ammi's number, probably talking to her would help her soothen her nerves.

Arnav stepped out and walked across the hall and knocked on her door, because he wanted to drop in the keys with her for mainly two reasons- firstly, so that he would have a chance to see her again when he was back from work and secondly, because he really didn't know why he wanted to see her , but it just seemed right and weird to him at the same time, and he knocked on her door nonetheless and she opened it and he watched her smile at him nervously –

Arnav – " hey..i was just leaving for work...I thought of dropping the keys with you, I will take them once I am back"

Khushi, taking the keys from his hands – " Not a problem Arnav, have a nice day"

Arnav looked at her for a minute and she seemed normal and he asked – " tum theek ho?"

Khushi looked at him nervously and wondered why was he asking her this and she asked – "why do I not look alright?"

Arnav looked at her for a minute and replied – "well no you do, but I guess you ...as in you look worried.."

Khushi nodded honestly– " Yeah, I am, just a little stressed out about my project, I will be meeting my tutor at 1, lets see what he says, hopefully if he changes his mind, I wouldn't have to trouble you for Help"

Arnav smiled – " I wouldn't term that as trouble exactly,anyway you have my number right, let me know how it goes, and I'l see you later then", and he walked towards the Lift just after she smiled and said – " yeah..later", hoping that her tutor did stick to his point and he would have the opportunity to help his lil sisters best friend, or rather the girl who he couldn't get out of his mind.

...................

Boston 9.00 AM

Zoya checked her phone to see Khushis whats app to call her as soon as she was free,and she wondered if everything was fine with her and she called but Khushi didnt pick up so she hung up and wondered what was up right then she received her message that she would call her back later and so she just replied ohk and started to get her things together as she was about to leave for school her class was at 10 am but shed thought of having breakfast on the way or maybe take a take away from Starbucks and she prayed right before to not bump into Asad as she remembered how she had totally managed to avoid dinner with him last night by giving an excuse that she wasnt hungry and was tired and sleepy. He had asked her if she was sure and she had ofcourse lied because she didnt know how could she ever fight the attraction if she had him around her 24/7 anyway,she hadnt even slept well thinking of the weird situation she had invited for herself but just as she thought of him,she felt herself want to be a part of this weird situation even when it was against all odds to hope anything in this hopeless situation- and just then the memory of how she had felt when he had rubbed the side of her lips yesterday carelessly gave her goosebumps.She thanked her stars that it was time for school and she would now have something else to think other than the forbidden territory that revolved around otherwise the Man of her Dreams and she stepped out her door and locked up he apartment ,only to see him step out of his at the same time all suited up for work and she made a mental note to never ever thank her stars or pray again in this matter because everytime she seemed to pray to not bump into him he just managed to stand there right in her face looking as handsome and sexy as ever making her damm her heartbeat for loosing control once more.

Asad saw her and he smiled as he gestured her to walk towards the lift - " Hi,goodmorning,did u sleep well?

Zoya gave him a small smile - " Hi,goodmorning,yeah I kind of did you?

Asad , pressed the button to the basement as he lied - " Yeah me too ,hiding the fact that he had spent almost the entire night wondering why had she avoided him over dinner and if there was anything he had said to bother her and he only remembered himself saying to not speak of Arnav Singh Raizada but why would that have any affect on her anyway.

Zoya looked at him deep in thought as she asked - " you start work early,Asad?

Asad  - " yeah my meeting starts at 10 but I thought ill grab a bite on the way,what about you have u eaten and what time is your class?

Zoya  - " its at 10 too,I was just thinking of walking down and will have breakfast maybe later,after class at 11..

Just then the Lift stopped at the ground floor and she smiled at him and said - " So bye,ill see you later " , and she had almost just stepped out when she felt him catch hold of her hand and pull her back in instantly as the door shut she looked at him in surprise as she heard him say , dropping her hand - " why will u walk? Ill drop you ur school is on my way to work anyway and since we have time,why dont u eat something too-u didnt even have dinner 

Zoya looked at the concern on his face and she fought the affect it was having on her - " No,you dont need to,its just walking distance,ill go and like I said,ill eat at school  "

Asad shot her a ridiculous look as he asked - "  whats the matter with you? Why cant u just listen?

Right then the Lift opened to the basement and she saw that he already had his temper raised and she didnt like that look just like she didnt like it even yesterday so she said - "  Allah miyaan,alright dont u give me all your angry young man looks now-lets go."

Asad smiled as he opened the door to the car for her and took the wheel as he drove,it was a short drive towards her school anyway,and his work anyway,only ten minutes away and he stole a look at her sideways as she looked out the window and he tried to figure out what was it about her that was drawing him to her as if she were a made-for-him magnet,she had managed to avoid him over dinner when everything had seemed fine a few hours earlier and then she was trying to avoid him now too and right then he  started to wonder why was he not able to get her out of his mind-her beautiful face,the way she laughed,and the way she remembered allah Miyaan,for every little thing-everything about her was amusing him and making him want to know her more.Right then he thought of switching on the radio for some distraction and he bent forward without noticing that she just had too,and their hands touched and Zoya immediately withdrew hers and let him switch it on and she started looking out the window again. Right then he saw Starbucks,around the corner so he pulled over and parked and watched her get out of the car with a almost nervous look on her face as she smiled at him and which made him wonder once more -what the hell was up here going on in that mind of hers?

Zoya sipped her coffe as she stole a glance at Asad across, who was eating , and she couldn't help but think as to how handsome he looked and she almost laughed at herself because she knew even if that man walked in front of her in the shabbiest clothes ever, he would still catch her attention and she would still find him amazingly handsome.She was fighting something inside her mind, her more rational sense that told her to watch herself and that this was really all just a lie, but then as she saw him look at her just then and their eyes locked for a few seconds before she smiled and resumed eating, she felt her heart all happy and excited – because she was sitting right across the man of her dreams, and right now nothing else really mattered except for the time she was getting to spend with him here, which she might not ever get again in her life, and so she felt a smile curve up her lips as she deceided not to worry about what was going to happen later- because ofcourse it would turn out to be really ugly if Asad found out the truth or for that matter even her brother, but then she felt like for the first time ever not wanting to worry about what was going to happen next, because if tomorrow looked ugly, today was wonderful- so what it was a Lie- she was going to live it nonetheless.

Zoya smiled at him as she watched him finish his breakfast – "Allah Miyaan..whats wrong with you, Asad , I am getting late now...please hurry up" , and he smiled back and they walked towards the car and she sat in, and it was only a few minutes- very short few minutes later did they reach her campus, and so she immediately got off with her bag and stood at the window before walking in and smiled at Asad – " Thanks for the ride, and I am sorry about last night, I was just so tired...so what was it that you were saying?"

Asad looked at her confusedly, she was definetly having some weird mood swings here – " what Zoya?"

Zoya smiled , hoping he would get the hint that she was trying to make up for avoiding him last night – " Allah miyaan, whats wrong with you Mr.Khan, I mean about u saying if you wanted me to let you know about if I actually wanted to go some place for dinner, since you know you are such a good brother and my best friend asked you to watch out for me"

Asad grinned as he realized what she was trying to do here and he didn't know why he felt really happy as he said trying to hide his expression – " Oh Yes, that I remember Zoya- so is there any place you have in mind?"

Zoya thought for a minute and she replied – " Hmm, not yet,you? why don't we talk about this later in the evening?"

Asad smiled – "Great, so ill see you once I am back from work, and if you have any problem at all, you got my number"

Zoya waved her phone in his face – " Yup, got it..bye, see you later.." and she turned to walk just when she heard him call her name and she turned and looked at him puzzled and she almost caught that mischevious glint in his eyes giving her goosebumps all over as he said before driving away – " I like that smile on you Miss Farooqui, I don't know why but I guess I kind of really do"

Zoya smiled to herself as she made her way towards her class and she checked her watch, she still had a few minutes left, and right then her phone rang and she saw it was Khushi, so she picked it up in an instant.

........

Khushi waited for Zoya to pick up the phone and she was thankful that she didn't take long as she heard her excited voice which immediately made her feel better – " Khushi, how are you?? How are things going on with bhai...?

Khushi felt her heart flip one more time at the mere mention of his name and she replied honestly – "Nothing is Fine Zoya...I have a problem here" and she filled her in about her meeting with her tutor and how he really wanted her to make that change and how Arnav offered to help her in it last night and just as she finished she waited for Zoya to reply.

Zoya listened to Khushi and she felt herself ask – "Bhai offered to help you out?well that's so not him...I wonder whats into him...but I am so glad that he did because I would have done the same if I was there, cmon Khushi u should do this, it's the question of your degree, it wouldn't matter right?

Khushi sighed as she admitted honestly – "Ofcourse it does Zoya...you know it does, you know how I feel around him, it isnt hidden from you right, and just like I know how you feel about Bhaijaan, you tell me doesn't it matter if this is all just a lie, I know you kind of have this softcorner for bhaijaan and you know I have the same for Arnav, but isnt it just so wrong to go ahead with this Lie- Im sure Arnav wouldn't even look at me if he knew who I was."

Zoya sighed – "Khushi, I know...whatever you are saying makes sense, infact I have been wondering the same you know since last night, but just a while ago when I was having breakfast with Asad, I realized that so what If this is a Lie...its wonderful isnt it?I mean you are getting to spend the time with bhai, and im getting to spend sometime here with Asad, something which we both had termed as impossible- but our false identities are working here...and we are getting a chance to live something which we perhaps never will ever ever again, and you know you want to, Iv seen you stalk him a zillion times on Google and I will be honest, I want to too- maybe there is a chance that if they get to know us, we have a opportunity to make them reconcile, don't you think? I know this is a big gamble for both of us Khushi but .." and before she could complete her sentence she heard Khushi say – " but I guess you are right...I am up for it, I do feel guilty about hiding the truth from bhaijaan, but maybe sometimes the truth isnt the solution to everything...sometimes we just gotta do with a Lie, im sure if this ever comes out, I can make bhaijaan understand"

Zoya smiled – "Exactly, im sure I can make Bhai understand too, he knows I love him way too much to go behind his back...but if I have , I must have a strong reason for it..."

Khushi agreed – "Exactly, I agree, but its ironical isnt it, in both of our cases, the strongest reasons are the ones our brothers detest...its so weird, I wonder what my fate is upto here anyway...so I guess ill just text Arnav about whatever just happened with my tutor, and you rush for your class.I love you..and I miss you Zoya.."

Zoya smiled – "Don't worry, itll all be ohk...we will worry about the future later ..now go and talk to Bhai...all the best Khushi Gupta"

Khushi smiled as she said – "To you too, Zoya farooqui".

Zoya finally put down the phone and she walked her way into her class...and just as she had settled in and put her phone on silent – she received Asad's text asking her if class had started and all was alright, and she quickly replied that all was well...and that shed text him after class.She returned her attention to the Professor who was introducing himself, and she didn't know why she felt happy , her heart felt happy – maybe because it was ready to live the Lie, it had invented and fallen for.

Khushi reached her apartment and she saw that she hadn't settled her groceries in from the morning as shed left immediately after the delivery had come to meet her tutor, she quickly arranged hers, and kept Arnav's aside making a mental note to give him his when he came back from work.

And right then she remembered she had to text him and so she took out her phone and typed –

Hi Arnav,

I met my tutor, hes still sticking to his point.

I guess I will need your help on this.Can we discuss how to go about this in the evening?

Thanks

Khushi

Arnav just got out from the meeting room after reviewing the terms of the project and he took out his phone to see a new text message and he opened it , only to feel a smile curve on his lips and he deceided to hope more often next time as he quickly typed –

Hi Khushi,

Not a problem at all.Like I said I would be glad to help you.

Will discuss it once I am back- probably around 6.00 pm.

And don't thank me.

Arnav

Khushi waited patiently for his reply and just as her phone beeped she opened it immediately and read it and smiled to herself, and she recalled what Zoya had said, maybe she was right , there was no point in worrying what would happen three weeks from now, she was getting a chance to know Arnav Singh Raizada something she had really wanted since a long long time now.And somehow it did not really matter if this was complicated and she felt happy, her heart felt happy because she was ready to Live the Lie, she had already fallen for.

......................

London – 7 PM

Arnav made his way up to the studio, just as he finished talking to his sisters.Di had said that everything was going well with her in Singapore, and shed known from everyone else back at Shantivan that Maa was stable as well.After talking to her he had called Zoya, to know how were things going on at her end and if everything was well, which ofcourse was as she seemed pretty excited as she filled him in about her first day at school and how opting for summer school this summer was probably one of the best decisions of her Life, he had laughed ofcourse because his little sister always had the knack of cracking him up , and then as she had asked if he had settled in well, he had told her the truth that he had , and then filled her in a little bit about how he had been spending some time with Khushi and was going to help her with her project, to which Zoya had immediately exclaimed , that her brother was indeed the best and he wondered as he put the phone down if his sister would think the same if she knew that her brother was getting attracted to her best friend, Miss Gupta. He was still deep in thought as the lifts door opened and he walked up to Khushi's apartment to get the keys from her.

Khushi heard a knock on her door, and because she had been waiting for the past one hour in anticipation, she quickly walked to open the door , knowing exactly who it must be.

Khushi smiled as she saw him – " Hi Arnav, how was your day?"

Arnav smiled back trying to distract himself from the view of her looking beautiful, and so innocent at the same time, as he thought he really liked the colour pink on her, it made her skin glow in a way that was...and he stopped his trail of thought as he answered – " Great, I was busy getting most of the details about what Zoya had done, and I just got a little late in the process..how was yours?"

Khushi , gestured him to come in and she said walking him towards the small dining table in her studio – " Good actually except for I cudnt get my tutor to listen to me..and I was just going to make some coffe, you want some?"

Arnav sat on the chair as he nodded – "Yes, thanks...black and no sugar.."

Khushi – " I know.." and she made coffe for the two of them and she placed the mug in front of him and she saw him sip his coffe and she said – " The stuff you'v ordered has arrived, ill help you settle it"

Arnav – " thanks Khushi", and he watched as she flipped out her phone and flashed his text message to him as she said smilingly– " Don't Thank me, this is what you wrote, so I guess u should stop too"

Arnav smiled and he asked – " so what happened with your tutor, did you talk to him about what I suggested?"

Khushi finished her coffe as she filled him in – " and ofcourse I also spoke to him about what you suggested, and he absolutely loved the idea, although I don't know how can I go about this without causing you much of a trouble.."

Arnav , thanked his mind for coming up with the brilliant idea as he said – " there is a way actually, you could come with me to work from tomorrow on, and do all the questioning you want with the people incharge here, and how the culture change in UK has caused us to change our line accordingly, and for the rest of the information about India and US and UAE, I can give you, would four regions be enough ? and I guess you could work on your project from office, instead of home, since you might just need additional information and it would just be easier if you had people from AR around, and ofcourse I will be right around if you need to know anything..so how does this sound?"

Khushi replied sincerely – " thanks Arnav, I mean that would be great...but I hope it wouldn't be too much of a problem...I mean if it were Zoya.."

Arnav – "Yeah exactly, if it were Zoya you wouldn't be worrying about it being a problem right, so why are you worrying if its me, it should rather be the same, so stop thinking so much...alright?"

Khushi nodded – "ohk arnav...thanks.." and she started to pick up his grocery stuff...and he picked up the rest as they walked across to his studio and she helped him settle the stuff in and she stepped back from the fridege to see him deep in thought so she asked – "whats up?"

Arnav smiled – " nothing, was wondering what to make myself for dinner tonight?"

Khushi's eyes widened in surprise as she said – " well that's something Zoya didn't tell me about, Arnav Singh Raizada can cook?"

Arnav grinned – " I can a little, not excellent but manageable, afterall I have been living by meself whilst I was studying both here in London and in the US"

Khushi immediately remembered what he meant, because he had been studying with her brother here in London, before things got messed up , and she fought the knot in her stomach and she said – " Oh yes, you were here in London, Zoya told me...but she also told me that you were sent here along with a family friend...whats his name...Asad is it?"

Arnav stiffened as he heard that name from her , and he replied curtly and almost in a cold voice – " Yes, Asad Ahemed Khan and he is no more a family or a friend Khushi, so id be rather happy to not talk about this and id prefer if you wouldn't bring him up or even mention his name in front of me, ever again.."

Khushi looked at his hand that had almost turned tight around the bottle of water he was holding in his hand, and she fought her inner rational self who was warning her yet again that this man couldn't even listen the name of her brother or her family and she said almost nervously – " Im sorry...I didn't know..I think ill go now.." and she started to make her way out because she desperately wanted to get some air, as she had realized that she was right, he wouldn't even look at her if she knew who she was.

Arnav saw her turn , and he realized that he shouldn't have spoken to her so coldly because she was just being normal, asking him a question unaware of the hatred the name would stir up within him and he immediately caught hold of her hand to stop her and said – " Look, I shouldn't have spoken to you that way, it isnt your fault.."

Khushi tried to calm down the affect his hold was having on her and she turned around , as somepart of her reminded her that she was Miss Gupta to him and she turned around and said – " Its alright...and I wont bring it up again, I guess its sensitive"

Arnav let go of her hand as he said – " yup, it is..so tell me about your family, Khushi?"

Khushi faked her best lie as she said – " its just me , my elder brother and my mother....i lost my father many years ago.."

Arnav looked at the almost saddened look in her eyes and he felt himself wanting to comfort her and he said – " I understand, I know how it feels"

He was surprised when she smiled reassuringly and said putting a hand on hi shoulder – " I know you do....I know what happened from Zoya..im sorry.."

Arnav sighed , as he turned to look at her, and their eyes met– "well don't be..."

Right then Khushis's phone rang and she jumped apart from the gaze that was beginning to pull her in and she saw it was her brother , so she said – " ill just be back...its my brother.." and she walked across to her room to talk to her bhaijaan.

Arnav watched her leave and he deceided to get changed from his work clothes but he left the door to his studio open.

Khushi finished talking to her bhaijaan as she assured him that everything was well with her and she walked back towards Zoya's studio to see that the door was left open...and so she walked in and started to settle the remaining of the stuff from the Tesco delivery carton into the fridge when she heard him call her name – "Khushi.." and his voice startled her and her leg hit the carton as she lost her balance...but he leaped forward just in time as he caught her in his arms again...and held on to her waist and she held onto his collar for support only this time her eyes weren't shut..because she couldn't get herself to look away from his gaze...and she didn't know how long did they both stay like that..until she felt him brush away her hair from her face tenderly touching her cheeks in the process cauging her to shiver as he said – "careful Khushi, you could have hurt yourself.."

Arnav didn't know why he he didn't let go of her as immediately as he had caught her in his arms...maybe because he liked the feel of her...or maybe it was because unlike the last two times hed caught her so...she had her eyes open this time..and he couldn't get himself to look away from her beautiful eyes..that refected each and every thought that was going on in her mind and he could see that she was as affected as she was..as he brushed her hair away..and touched her cheek softly as he could almost feel her shiver, and she conituned to hold on to him for a few more seconds...before she jumped apart..much to his dissappoitment and fumbled nervously – " Im sorry..i guess im just so clumsy.."

Arnav saw her look away and he realized she was getting a little uncomfortable so he changed the topic as he asked – " so what do u want to eat..i was thinking of making some pasta.."

Khushi smiled as she realized he was trying to make her comfortable and she said – " but ill help you Arnav..this is only fair..." and she waited for him to say something and just as he nodded...she smiled and they both got to work in the kitchen.

Arnav listened to her constant chatter as they finished cooking and he couldn't help but feel really good...like he hadn't felt in a long long time around any girl..he felt really comfortable around her...and he watched her put the food on the plates as she turned to put them on the table..and he saw that she was struggling with her hair lock that was constantly falling on her face as she tried to push it away with her elbow...so he just took one plate from her hand..and before she could brush it away, he saw his hand on its own acoord had already moved and tucked it behind her ear..causing her to look at him surprised once more as their gaze locked and then she moved a few seconds later and sat on the table, as he joined her...and they started to eat.

Arnav asked as he ate – " so does this building have a gym or something...now that I cannot run on the busy streets of oxford, I need to do something about my workout"

Khushi smiled as she said – " well not our building , but you could check out the health club I go to for my swim – Fitness First, its right around the Baker Street, not very far..a few minutes walk "

Arnav brushed around the image that flashed in his mind of Khushi in a swimsuit and he whaked himself mentally for coming up with the scene that was distracting him to a great extent and he said – " so you like swimming..?"

Khushi nodded – " Yup, very much..i go everyday...7 to 8 in the morning...its almost like meditation for me...it's a habit I cant do without... so u could come and check out the gym there if you want.."

Arnav nodded – " I guess, I will...and 7- 8 is a good time for me too..."

Khushi smiled – " Great....but you know thanks so much with your help on my project..I mean..."

And just as she saw him look at her intently as he said – " I would like to help you Khushi...infact I want to..so stop being so formal.." , she felt her hopes raise...what if she wasn't the only one who was getting attracted to him....what if he was too? What did all of this mean? Was there a way...that something she had dreamed about had a chance of turning into a reality...?? She wanted to find it out..she surely did...as she realized Zoya was right...all of this wasn't Just a Lie...it was a Wonderful Lie, indeed...and maybe all of this had a bigger meaning behind it all to happen the way it was...

..........................

7.00 PM – Boston

Asad drove back from work and he was glad that he had spoken to Khushi and his ammi earlier during the day, because he had gotten really busy in the latter half of the day and he hadn't had the time to even eat properly. Khushi was fine and happy , he was worried because he knew Zoya was here and she was all alone there...but she had assured him that she was busy in her project and also she had a lot of friends from her course who were still right there and lived nearby so she really wasn't alone.Ammi had called her best friend Shaheen Khala to come stay with her for a few days, as Shaheen Khala was also a widow and her son Rayyan was in Dubai for some business, so she was more than happy to give ammi some company.He like Shaheen Khala, she was a gem of a person and also he quite like Rayyan as well, he was a nice fellow and was handling his abbu's business empire quite well..he wasn't very old..just around 25, but he did appreciate the man Rayyan had become, and he did know that Rayyan had a soft corner for Khushi somewhere, because he had witnessed him stare at her a couple of times last time when she was home and the families had dinner together and he had noticed Khushi talking to him too. He was happy that Khushi was now going to be home for good soon, well she was just 22 and he didn't want to get her married so early but he knew that Ammi didn't want to either, but there would be no harm if the engagement happened atleast and they could only get them married later...but he stopped his trail of thought as he realized that he needed to speak to Khushi forst ofcourse, because he loved her to bits and he wouldn't force her into anything, he would only go ahead with this alliance in his mind if Khushi gave her consent to it.Right then he reached the Riverbend..so he parked his car in the basement and made his way up wondering what would the girl of his interest – Miss Zoya farooqui be upto right now...and he remembered that they had a dinner planned and he hoped she had some place picked already because he hadn't had any time to think about that.

He reached his floor but before walking into his appt he thought of seeing Zoya so he knocked on her door, waiting for her to open up.

Zoya listened to her favourite music as she played games on her Ipad and checked her facebook , when she saw her phone ring and she saw that it was Asad, so she quickly picked it up as she asked – "Where are you?? Still working is it?" and she heard him reply – "Well no, I am back, now if you will open up the door, iv been knocking for the past two minutes precise".

Zoya quickly jumped off her bed and straightened her hair as she opened the door and shot him a apology – "I am so sorry Asad, I was listening to music..so I didn't hear you knock..how was your day?"

Asad smiled – "Its alright...my day was good..and you can tell me all about yours, once at dinner...I am starving..have you chosen a place?"

Zoya smiled – "You like Thai?..and why don't u eat some cookies ..that will keep you fueled up until we actually have dinner", she asked quickly handing him a few cookies from the coffe table

Asad nodded – "Yes I do...and thanks" he said, taking the pack of cookies from her hand.

Zoya smiled – "Well great, I was just looking up on Google, and came across this Brown Sugar Café, it isnt fancy but apparently its got the best food in town...so you up for it?"

Asad smiled – "Great, ill just get changed and then we can leave in 30 minutes..is that good?"

Zoya smiled – "Yup, it is" and she saw him walk to his apartment and she quickly rushed in her room closing her door...she just had 30 minutes to get ready for almost – first dinner date with the man who haunted her dreams.She quickly took out a casual black dress and went straight to her bathroom to freshen up and get ready.

Asad got out of his apartment and he saw Zoya step out the same time as hers and he smiled at her, as he tried to process the thoughts that had erupted in his mind after he saw Zoya looking so amazingly stunning in a black casual dress and he remembered how strict and reserved he used to be when it came to the clothes which Khushi used to where back at home whilst she was still India...but then he had changed with time on his viewpoint...that clothes did not really make much of a difference ,the person did, and he so he had let Khushi have her way of styling and dressing, he had changed so much along the way since he had sent Khushi to London – not only in terms of his thinking but also that he tried to be more of a friend to Khushi instead of an elder brother and made sure that she wasn't scared of him so that she could share whatever she wanted with him just like she would with Zoya.

Zoya saw him look at her for almost two whole minutes in silence and she waved her hand in front of him to bring him back to presence as she said – "Allah Miyaan...where are you lost?I thought you were hungry.."

Asad smiled as he gestured her to walk towards the lift – " yes I am...lets go..."

Zoya quickly told him the address as she sat in and watched him put it in on the GPS and he started driving...and she wondered what was going on his mind just when she heard him ask – So Zoya..how was your day? Did you like it?

Zoya smiled as she recalled her day and she said – "ofcourse I liked it..it was amazing, the course is so interesting..." and she went on to fill him in about how her day turned out and how she met so many different people and as to how this seemed to be the best decision she ever made to attend summer school this year...and he couldn't help but just listen in awe and smile at how she got so excited about everything in Life...as she absorbed every single detail and lived it to the fullest, and it was so different from any girl hed met..and he heard her ask him about his meeting and presentation and he started to fill her in about how well it went , as if it were the most natural thing in the world...to talk to her..as if she wasn't a stranger...as if she was someone hed always known.

A While Later...At Dinner –

Zoya exclaimed – "Allah Miyaan, isnt this the best som tum salad iv had in a long long time", and she realized that her fake phrase was now becoming more of a natural habit.

Asad smiled – "Yes, I guess it is..i am glad u picked put this place", and he continued to eat and he added – " I guess I should let you pick out where we should be eating from now on..."

Zoya looked at him surprised as she realized what he said and she asked – " what do u mean Asad?"

Asad looked at her straight in the eye as he said – "well, I mean I guess it wouldn't harm to spend sometime together right..not that you are a stranger or something, you are Khushi's best friend and not just that, I guess I would like to get to know you , Miss Farooqui.."

Zoya almost choked on her food as she heard him say that and she couldn't believe this was Asad Ahemed Khan, the man of her dreams telling her that he wanted to get to know her, and he quickly handed her a glass of water and she drank it in a go to calm down her nerves as she said – " you guess, you would like to get to know me...but why?

Asad – " alright, remove the guess..I would like to get to know you, lets just be honsest, iv been wanting to since the first time I met you, and why is maybe coz Khushi.." he started to lie , because he knew he wanted to get to know her only for personal reasons , so that he could understand what was it about her that was making him think of her in a way he had never thought about anyone.

Zoya looked at him intently for a minute and she realized that he was trying to cover up instead of saying it outright so she completed his sentence hiding her smile – " Maybe coz you want to know all about Khushi's best friend..so is it like you will tell me to stay away from her..if you figure out im not a good friend" she joked.

Asad smiled, realizing what she was trying to do here, she had already understood the underlying meaning behind his words but was letting him get away and so he said – " well ofcourse not , I already know you are a good friend, and I would never ask you to stop talking to Khushi, I know how much you mean to her, she absolutely loves you"

Zoya smiled back – "and I love her too...and I miss her so much.."

Asad smiled and just then a thought occurred to his mind just as he saw the waiter serve them the main course and he asked – "Zoya, I wanted to talk to you something , its related to Khushi?"

Zoya started to eat as she said – "yes tell me..kya hua, shes fine...I spoke to her in the morning..."

Asad nodded as he ate his meal – " yes, I know I spoke to her a while back too..i just wanted to know is there anybody back in London or in her batch...she likes as in a guy?I haven't spoken to her yet...but I thought since you are her friend and you would know"

Zoya felt her eyes widen in surprise as she said – "well no...not anyone as in in her batch or something or in London...theres this guy Aaditya in her class who probably likes her...and he did ask her out, but she refused..but why do u ask?" , as she hid the fact that ofcourse she knew who Khushi liked – it was her brother , the man he hated Arnav singh raizada.

Asad nodded – "ohk..no just asking...generally.." and he felt relieved as he felt that his sister would tell him , if there was anything of the sorts..and he asked Zoya – " and what about you?is there anyone you like from your class or from work?

Zoya hid the simple fact that ofcourse she liked somebody and it was him and she said – " well no, although there was this guy Nikhil in my class who did ask me out once, but I wasn't interested..so yeah...but we are good friends, that's all? And what about you, im sure you must have a list of girls all rswooning around you?"

Asad looked at her amusingly – "A List? Why would you think that"

Zoya smiled mischeviously – "well a list would do justice wouldn't it...since you look the way you do, Mr.Asad Ahemed Khan"

Asad grinned – "well ill take that as a compliment Miss farooqui, but no- there isnt a list...no one has ever caught my interest that way and iv always been too busy with work and family anyway....but maybe there is someone I guess I have started to take a liking for", hoping shed get a hint.

Zoya felt her breath stop as she heard him ofcourse catchingthe hint but she said innocently – "You guess..way too much Mr.Khan.." , hoping he wouldn't hear her heartbeat race, because she definetly felt it race at a speed of sound, was there a possibility that Asad was starting to like her?

They finished dinner and they drove back to their building and Zoya was almost all silent as she tried to comprehend again what did Asad mean by maybe there is someone I guess I have started to take a liking for?

Asad watched her out of the corner of his eye as he parked the car and they got into the lift wondering again why was she silent and he realized he didn't like her silence at all, he liked her more all chattering.Soon the lift got filled in as a lot of people got in and instinctively put a hand on her waist and made her stand inward against the wall as he took the place she was standing right upfront, and he saw her look at him nervously and he couldn't help but look back at her as he smiled...and he continued to look at her, even when she broke her gaze and tried to look elsewhere, he knew she was well aware of his gaze on her and he almost laughed because he knew he was making her nervous.

Just as the lift door opened to their floor , Zoya immediately stepped out and he followed and she started to walk towards her room when he called her name, and she turned to see him grin mischeviously as he asked – " whats up? Why are u so nervous around me...?, and she watched him take a step forward towards her, just as she took a step back as she said – "No im not nervous Asad, not at all" and right then her heel slipped on the wooden floor and she almost lost her balance and was prepared to fall back, when she felt a pair of strong arms go around her waist , and his touch sending shots of electricity all through her body, just like how he had barely touched her waist in the elevator and she had lost all her sense of thinking.

And she saw him gaze at her intently as he did not let go of her just as she tried and he said his hold firm on her waist – " did I say, that you Look beautiful tonight Zoya?

Zoya fumbled to find the words as she knew she was loosing herself in his eyes – " I do??...no...you didn't..I mean.."

Asad hid his smile as he said – " well now you know...don't you?" and he finally let her up from her bent position but yet did not let go of her as he said – " and also just so as you know....i had a wonderful time with you tonight, something I haven't had in a long time, so thanks" and he let go of her waist finally.

Zoya smiled nervously as she heard him and was thankful that he let go of her, or he would have definetly heard her heart thud loudly this time – " yeah me too..i had a wonderful time too Asad,goonight.."

Asad smiled – "yeah goodnight...ill see you in the morning then...and ill drop you to school...ohk?dont walk...let me know once you are ready..."

Zoya nodded and smiled at him and she watched him smile at her as he entered his apartment and she turned to get into hers and just as she had entered, she tried to process the new development here...he wanted to get to know her?? He said there was somebody he guess he liked..could it be possible that he really meant it was her?? And she wondered was this how everyday was going to be?? Him dropping her off..and then having so much time to spend with him and get to know him....her rational mind was warning her that this really wasn't a good sign but she felt a part of her shut it up as her heart felt this is was nothing but a good sign....and she had been right...that whatever it was , it wasn't Just a Lie...It was A Wondeful Lie, Indeed.

...................

Hate looked at the three sitting in front of him , and he couldn't understand why were they all smiling and so he spoke or rather grumbled – " I do not understand what are the three of you smiling about, this isnt funny...whatever you all are doing here, will not have the right consequences and then don't blame me..for playing my part.."

Fate looked at Hate who was all grumbling and replied – " We will not blame you, we know you have your role to play, its just saddening to watch, anyway we are doing just our job here...this has to go about this way...and cmon don't you love this already...?

Destiny smiled as she replied to Fate – " well I don't know about Hate, but I am totally enjoying this already...sparks flying all around, just when hate made me think I hadn't written it out all perfectly, fate, my friend you reminded me that I have"

Fate smiled – "Exactly...this is perfect my friend, they should know- you are what is happening to them when they are busy making other plans"

Love listened to the three of them silently and she finally asked Hate – "whats the matter with you? Stop getting so worked up...you know this is how it is supposed to be, now don't be a spoil sport"

Hate grumbled rolling his eyes , and answered Love– " I know...but I wonder if Fate here, is nothing but a odd unpopular café whose job is to bring out the people the dishes they didn't ask for, and will probably never like, really I don't understand him at times, and nor do I understand you here..its like you have this cruel sense of humuor - you are giving them something they always wanted but like at the worst time possible, you would need a miracle to not make this turn ugly"

Fate grinned mischeviously – "well that's an explanation about myself I haven't heard before, and I must confess, I kind of like it"

Love looked at fate –"Stop teasing him"...and she turned to hate and smiled patiently – " I don't have any need to prove anything to you, I know you don't believe in Miracles and that's why you are not likely to receive one or rather even witness it...you just cant see beyond it all..however I can..so why don't u calm down and resume what you were doing" and she saw Hate give her a ridiculous look but he returned to his work , almost calmer.

Destiny smiled as she turned to Love – "I like how you handle him ,when he gets all hypered and all ready to dance out of our hands.."

Love grinned – " I created him now didn't I..i know how to deal with him..and moreover Im used to his tantrums by now"

Destiny grinned – " that I guess you sure are, and also im not worried at all infact, like I always say, somethings are just destined to be, it just takes a couple of tries to get there...seriously when will they understand its all really almost fixed....and just at times I do it in a way to make them think they got the better of me ...coz well I am just kind.."

Love and Fate smiled as they said or rather stated in unision – " And that's why we call you the Match-fixer of their Lives, my friend.

..............................

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

108K 8.3K 37
Do not let your past blackmail your present and ruin your beautiful future. Arnav Singh Raizada, youngest of four siblings. Arrogance and ego are the...
1.1M 50.2K 100
It is said that love and hate are two sides of the same coin... Any moment, it can flip the other way... Would it be true for a person like Arnav Sin...
78.5K 6.3K 47
Life is not to be taken too seriously. Live your life by looking ahead to the future, embracing the present, and appreciating the past. Arnav Singh...
124K 8.3K 43
Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows. This is the story of Aranv and Khushi who were only meant to be passeng...