Time Capsule

By FaithHopeandNiall

WARNING: Drug references, violence, abuse, and sexual content!!! * * "I was thinking last night, and I though... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68 (Final Chapter)
Th13rteen

Chapter 13

3.6K 122 43
By FaithHopeandNiall

Time Capsule

Chapter 13

*

*

I sulked my way to class, still holding onto my cheek. I hunched over in my seat, not wanting to interact with anyone, or draw attention to myself.

Everyone took their seats, and just before the bell rang, Niall stumbled in at the last moment looking flustered. He grabbed his seat with all his demon friends and smirked. "Easy and desperate blow in the closet. "

He and the boys all laughed while my heart sunk, and my throat held back my lunch.

I can't believe, still to this day, that he turned out like this.

I decided to spend class zoned out, and to think back on some memories. I was sick of this awful Niall, and just wanted to remember my sweet Niall...

*

"Annabelle! Niall's here!"

I leaped off my bed so fast, and nearly tripped down the stairs, before I flung into my best friends arms.

"I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too, Annakins!"

He had gone away to America for two weeks to visit his cousins in New York, and I felt so lonely without him.

"You handled yourself alright while I was gone?"

"Niall," I rolled my eyes, "I'm 12 not 5. I can handle myself in my own house."

"You stayed in all week? Didn't you get bored?"

"Eh." was all I said with a shrug.

"Hm, alright. Well, come on!" He yelped excitedly.

"Where are we going?" He started pulling me towards his driveway across the street.

"We're going to the park!"

We arrived at the park down the street, and spent hours running around on all the monkey bars and little obstacle courses. When the sun started to set, we sat on the swings and just swung in silence, until I broke it.

"Niall?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Do you think we'll be friends forever?"

He pretended to think for a little. "No."

My face dropped. "What? But why?"

"We won't be friends forever, because we'll be BEST friends forever!"

He cheekily grinned while I stuck my tongue out at him. "You little horse turd! You scared me!"

"Aww, I'm sorry, Annakins." He fake pouted before turning serious. "Annabelle, I promise I'll always protect you and be there for you. And I'm sorry I wasn't there for you last week when Darren tripped you on the playground and called you names."

I looked down sadly. "You heard about that?"

"Yeah, Sean told me. I promise I won't let any jerks hurt you again."

He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Now let's go home before we get in trouble."

"Good idea." I agreed.

*

I felt bitterness rumbling inside of me at the irony of that promise. He ended up being the jerk to hurt me the most. The worst part was, that he didn't even realize it. Not that I thought he'd care anyways.

I glanced over at him with daggers.

He was supposed to fix everything, but he was only breaking me more. He was supposed to be the shoulder I could cry on, but he was only making me cry. He was supposed to be saving me, but he was only ruining my life.

I wanted to hate him so bad. My Niall was gone, and I hated what he had become...but I just couldn't hate him. I just couldn't do it.

When the bell rang, I shot up and charged for the door, only to be blocked.

"We're getting impatient, Skankhill. We want you and we can't wait much longer." Nick's rough voice pierced through me.

I looked over them all. Nick, Logan and Connor all had full on sleezy smirks. Niall, well he looked in between. He had a smirk, but it didn't seem as smug and genuine like the others. It seemed forced, like it was masking other emotions. From what I could see, he was masking boredom and annoyance. He didn't want to be here as much as I did.

I just pushed past them, and as I was walking away, Logan's voice called after me. "Watch your back, Annabitch. The storms coming."

Frightened by the statement...I fled the building.

*

The month dragged by painfully slowly. I hadn't seen Niall at our place anymore because I stopped going after school, and went at night instead. I was afraid of seeing him there again after last time.

Between the harassment at school, and the beatings at home, things had truly become unbearable. But of course, no beating or torture compares to the pain caused when Niall does something.

He'd been overly angry lately. I didn't know why he was so angry all the time. Me showing up at the lake couldn't have pissed him off that bad? All these questions were burning at my skin and I had to find answers.

Niall had avoided me all day and I, for once, wanted to find him.

After the horrible day of getting forcibly kissed by Nick, and disgustingly touched by Logan, I was annoyed, fed up and upset. These emotions mixed together gave me a boost of confidence.

I'm finding Niall right now.

I found him at his locker, putting books away. I stood next to him waiting for him to finish.

He shut his locker and noticed me standing there in the empty hallway. He rolled his eyes, puffing out an annoyed breath. "What do you want, Skankhill? I'm not in the mood."

I tried my best not to let his cruel words knock me down. "I need to talk to you."

"So? That doesn't mean I'm gonna do it?" He spat as he turned and started to walk away.

I wasn't going to let him get away. I shouted after him. "Who were you talking about and why is that place so special?!"

He froze. I could see his back muscles tense. "What are you talking about?"

He knew damn well what I was talking about and I wasn't letting him out of this. Not without answers. "You kept saying that was your place with some girl. Who is she? And why is it so important?"

With his back still towards me, and his voice holding a pained edge to it, he answered. "None of your damn business."

"Why can't you just tell me?!" I shouted, starting to get annoyed, and surprised by my burst of confidence. "After all the torture you've put me through in the past two months since you've been here, all I want is just a name!"

"Just shut the fuck up. You have no idea what you're asking." He spoke dangerously calm.

"I just want a name for goodne-" 

He cut me off and whipped around to finally face me, rage evident in his face. "ANNABELLE! HER NAME IS ANNABELLE AND THAT'S OUR PLACE JUST BECAUSE, NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP!" His voice echoed through the halls.

I stood there, frozen.

No

I don't understand

Did he not realize?

I looked up from the ground to see him staring past me, breathing heavy to control himself. I still wanted more answers and was confused. I decided to try the tactic of playing dumb to gain information. "I, um, who is this Annabelle girl?" I stuttered, afraid of what I would hear him say.

"Again, none of your damn business!" He shouted, still angry, but quieter.

"Who is she? Your girlfriend?" I pressed, knowing the term 'girlfriend' would push his buttons.

"NO!" He said defensively. "She used to be my best friend..."

What? WHAT?! I was at a loss for words. I didn't know how to feel? Was I supposed to feel happy? Sad? Confused? Angry?

"What happened to her?" I just couldn't stop myself.

"Why do you care?" He scoffed.

"Just tell me!" I shouted, using my growing frustration, burst of confidence, and new found excitement as fuel.

"SHE DIED OKAY?!!! YOU HAPPY NOW?" He snapped, staring into my eyes with daggers.

The air left my lungs and I stumbled back.

We were caught in an eerie silence. Not one of us making a sound. How was I supposed to respond to that? How was I supposed to react?

"Wh-what?" I stuttered out so quietly, I'm surprised he heard it.

His eyes started to soften and water as he looked to the ground. He looked like he got lost in thought for a moment, forgetting I was there, like he was speaking his thoughts out loud. "I moved away, and after about a year, I got a call saying that she was found dead."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Who? Who told you this?" I questioned in a whisper.

He wiped a single fallen tear away. "Her dad." A switch flipped in his demeanor and he changed back into the angry monster I've recently become accustom to. "You better not tell anyone about this bitch!" He stomped off, leaving me alone in the abandoned hallway.

My head was spinning. But for once, everything finally made sense.

Dad.

My poor excuse of a father told him I was dead.

It all made sense. The sudden stop of communication? Dad told him I was dead. He didn't recognize me because he thought I was dead.

I'm dead? 

He thinks I'm dead. Oh my god

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*

*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19 0 8
After I got dumped by the one guy I truly loved, my life crumbled. I was branded as a whore and I just crumbled as a whole. I messed up bad and I spe...
426K 14.4K 55
"I know what you're doing," I said, pointing my spoon at him and he cocked a curious eyebrow, "Is that so?" I nodded as I spooned more pudding int...
244K 4.8K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...
78.5K 3.1K 26
'You hurt me, And I hurt you. We are forever even.' /// 'So why are you talking to me again?' 'Switch up the scenery,' he replied shortly...