Frisson (Diabolik lovers)

By emilytaylor223

All her life Lauren has been fighting her inner demon - anxiety. But now, she has to face real life demons... More

I. The news
II. The first meeting
III. My first impression
IV. The plan
Punishment. Shuu
V. First bite
This is Halloween! part 1
This is Halloween! part 2
VI. This is not a good morning
Punishment. Subaru
VII. Meeting new people (unfortunately)
The no-miracle Christmas
VIII. When everything became clear
X. The game is on
Punishment. Laito
XI. One takoyaki closer to a disaster
XII. Running from the vampire - jumping on the bear
Punishment. Kanato
XIII. Like poles repel, unlike poles attract.
XIV. PE with Yuma
Punishment. Ayato
XV. Star filled night
XVI. Surprise
XVII. Hell nah!
XVIII. You're it!
XIX. Don't save me
Punishment. Reiji
XX. Don't trust him
XXI. When I fall
XXII. My lonely days
XXIII. Their move.
XXIV. How do we survive..?
XXV. What doesn't kill you
XXVI. Together with you
XXVII. Foul play gone wrong
XXVIII. My happiest days with you
XXIX. Game over
XXX. The future we know

IX. Nightmare by the lake

487 17 36
By emilytaylor223

Something crashed, but that was not my body. It was a wall.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Wall shook under the second hit. Subaru's voice stopped these two vampires.
"Wanna have a taste of blood? I'm kind enough to help you." Subaru hit Ruki right into his disappointed face. Then, he turned to face Kou.
"S-Subaru-kun. I'm an idol, so can you spare my face?"

"Sure." Subaru said and hit Kou right into his nose, breaking it.
"YOU HIT MY NOSE!"
"You're welcome," Subaru growled and hit Kou into his stomach.
"Not again!" Poor idol screamed out. Do they know each other?
"What are you waiting for? Let's go!" Subaru grabbed my hand and pulled me inside the school.

"What were you doing with those two?!" He screamed out, pushing me against the wall.
"At first we were just talking." He looked at me as if I had a booger on my lip.
"Talking? With that scum... and Ruki?"
"And then they attacked me out of blue." Subaru facepalmed.

"Of course they attacked you - they are vampires! Now come - everyone's already waiting." He pulled me downstairs.
"Hey! It hurts!" His grip on my wrist was almost crushing. He had to press only a little bit harder to break my bones.
"It's not my problem that humans are so fragile." He hissed out, but loosened his grip.

"You broke Kou's nose and he's a vampire. It's not me that is fragile - it's you who is too strong." I know - arguing with an angry superhuman strength owner is not the best idea, but it just slipped out before I could stop myself.

*SMASH*

"Are you provoking me, because you're doing a really good job!" Subaru's naturally red eyes were shining in the dark staircase. Two crimson red stars took away my ability to breathe. Sadly, I knew this blood red light in a vampire's eyes a bit too well now. It meant that I'm in a big trouble.

Subaru pushed me against the wall, using kabe-don technique, he had me trapped.
"And why are you always shaking?!" *SMASH* He hit the poor wall once again. He can't know about my weakness, I will be doomed if any of them find out.

"Because I'm cold?" My voice was too nervous. He knew. He already understood everything about me. Probably Subaru could also hear my thoughts, so I was really doomed. He must think that I'm just a weak human trash who doesn't deserve nicer treatment. He sighed interrupting my thoughts.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
It was winter night and I was only wearing my school uniform. Subaru was already ready for the trip home so he was wearing a black winter coat with a pair of black gloves and a white scarf. He unwrapped his scarf and put it around my neck and head.

"You can have it. I didn't like it anyways." He said without looking at me. I was lying about being cold, but this worked too.
"Thanks, I guess." *SMASH*
"Shut up and start walking!" He was a blushing mess. It probably was a bit too embarrassing for him to give a girl his scarf. It would have been cute if he could control his fists. Next time it might be my head and not the wall.

"You have a scarf now, so why are you still trembling?" We were already on the first floor, walking towards the exit.
"It takes time to warm up." I hope he doesn't pick up the lie. I wanted to change the subject, so I gave him a question of my own.

"And what about my stuff? I can't leave the school without books and my jacket."
"Everything's already in the limo, now hurry up - I'm hungry." I suddenly stopped in my tracks. Hungry? He wants to drink my blood? I've tried to pull my hand away from his grip, but Subaru didn't seem to even notice that I stopped walking and he just kept on going forwards while pulling me behind him.

"There's something else you should know - stay away from Mukami brothers. They might seem like a friendly bunch, but they are not, especially that Kou guy."
"I've noticed that." A paradox: Mukami guys warned me about Sakamaki brothers and the S brothers - about M brothers. And all of them combined you get death by the blood loss.

Subaru opened the heavy looking doors and pulled me outside. I could already see the limo and Reiji impatiently tapping his foot outside the vehicle. When he saw us, he sighed.

"Finally, what were you doing for so long?"
"I was..."
"She was on the roof with the two half-breeds." Reiji's eyebrows furrowed.
"And what were you doing there?"
"I was..."
"Talking. But for me she seemed to be feeding them. I stopped them just in time."
"Why were you alone with two strangers on the roof dressed like that?" Reiji made a small circle in the air with his finger.
"Because I..."
"She probably went after that blond annoyance because he's an idol. Girls, you know."

*SLAP*

"Do not stereotype girls!" My hand hurt, but it was worth it. I hate when people, especially males, talk about females like that. I slapped Subaru without even thinking. That slap wasn't to protect me. Oh no. It was to stand up for the entire female gender. But then I saw his eyes. Oh shit.

"Subaru, I really do want a reason to punish her, but this time you deserved it." Something unimaginable happened - Reiji pulled me behind his back. Subaru's eyes stopped glowing.

"Tch. Whatever." He climbed into the limo then Reiji and I was the last one to enter the car. Everyone was already inside, bored and impatiently waiting.
"Finally." Ayato murmured.
"Bitch-chan~ You have no idea how boring it was with guys only. Now come here." I obviously didn't want to sit near Laito, but there were no free seats anywhere else. Shu stopped me with his hand.

"You are boring, Laito. She wants to sit with someone who's able to do something more than just sticking his di..."

"SHUT UP YOU PERVERTS!" Kanato screamed. "You're upsetting Teddy. And the human trash wants to sit with me, right, Lauren-san?" What do I do? If I sit with Laito - I won't be the same girl anymore. Sitting with Shuu is a fifty fifty chance of having an either normal ride or something even worse that with Laito. Kanato still had a knife for wood carving, so the answer is obvious. Ayato seemed to be not interested in this conversation. I didn't want to sit near Reiji, because I hated his guts. And Subaru was still pissed off. It's like a jigsaw game - whatever I do, I die.

"Shizuka-san, I advice you to be smart and choose your usual seat." Reiji said. As much as I hated the idea - there was no other choice. I took my now usual seat between Reiji and Subaru and immediately took out my earphones. Music will make me feel a bit better. I leaned back against the red leather seat and allowed the melody to take me away...

For a while that is. I slightly opened my left eye - Subaru wasn't even looking at me. To his left was a sleeping Shuu. Kanato was peacefully playing with his teddy. Good. No one was planning to do anything to me. Now I could really relax.

*Ding dong you're hella wrong!*

I tensed up. This was just a slightly rational thought about a danger near by - nothing to be worried about. I shut my eyes tighter. Nothing was wrong. Everything was right, so why was my heart beating like crazy again?

*Ding dong there's danger on the board!*

FINE! I'll check! I slightly opened my right eye: Reiji to my right was playing with his pocket watch, Ayato was trying to provoke Shuu, but unsuccessfully and Laito, who was in front of me, smirked and winked at me. Shit!

I closed my right eye immediately. He noticed. He had to notice! I was busted! He must have thought that I was secretly checking them out. I was doomed: Laito will tell everyone else and then they will have a nice laugh behind my back every time I'm not with them. I shouldn't care about what a bunch of cruel vampires had to think about me, but these thoughts kept on going into my head. I made my music as loud as I could without a risk of damaging my ears.

If I keep my eyes closed, everything's going to be alright - I just have to keep my eyes shut. Someone pat my shoulder and I yelped in surprise. The same hand ripped away my earphones.
"How many times do I have to tell you? Leave the car." Subaru said angrily.
"We're here?" That was fast.
I jumped out of the limo. I need to distract myself.

I ran into my room, changed into my grey sweatpants, a jumper of the same colour and I put on my running shoes. This whole look was finished by the white winter waistcoat.

"All ready." I started heading towards the main exit, because I didn't know where another one was. I was about to push down the handle, when Reiji stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?"
"I'm going for a run. Is something wrong?"
"You can't go." He said angrily.
"Why not?" I was getting impatient. "Do I have to be stuck inside this old and moldy house all night long? Even mutts are taken for the walks, you know and I'm a human being. I need some fresh air." Reiji sighed in defeat, or maybe that was a sigh of annoyance?

"That is not what I meant. Here." He threw me something. I caught it with ease. It was white and soft like a puppy - it was a hat. Reiji also threw something long in my direction. I didn't even have to catch it - the scarf fell down around my neck perfectly.
"We can't afford having you sick."

"Oh right - you wouldn't want blood with medical spices, now would you." I walked out without waiting for his reply.
It was still dark outside, but moonlight and stars gave enough light to orientate around. I did a little warm up exercise, chose a random direction and started running.

Running through the forest has always been my favorite exercise, except for figure skating. It cleared my thoughts and relaxed my body. While running, the answer to my problems seemed to show up itself.

Now, to think about it - I can finally think about my survival in peace and quiet. I don't think there's anyone in a middle of the woods at this hour.

I was here as a food source for six vampires (I hope to avoid another four). I wasn't the first one - a girl named Yui was here before me. Boys were still upset about her death and they might let out their anger on me. What would be the best way to stay alive?

Now that I think about it - Ruki said they've tried to save her. Why? The original heart owner must've been a lot more valuable, so why? And Ayato's mood. Why is he so upset. Unless... But that cannot be true. A vampire can't fall in love with a human girl. Right?

Or maybe he can and Ayato did. I don't like this idea, but maybe the only way to stay alive is to make someone fall for me? No no no - that's nonsense. I would never... But the memory of that unbearable pain and fear made me hesitate. I don't want to die. Not here.

If I make someone fall for me - he will protect me from others and, hopefully, won't be as rough with me as Ayato and Laito were. But who is the best choice? They were all equally bad and evil. And would they really fall for me? I'm not that pretty and I have no special talents - there's no way I would catch an eye of a vampire aristocrat.

My thoughts were interrupted by the view in front of me - ahead of a small path that I was running in, in a naturally formed trees' and snow gates, I saw a frozen lake. I took a few steps closer. This lake was surrounded by the trees, giving only a few meters of space for the grass to grow. It was a bit weird, because trees around it were full of snow, but ice itself was clean - without a single snowflake on it. But I wasn't about to complain. This ice will be all mine. I had a little dream about skating alone in the moonlight like a little fairy of the night and I could already imagine myself skating there. I wanted to check it out, but a feeling of danger stopped me. I took a better look and noticed someone sitting on the wooden dock. I didn't know what to do - do I go to that person or do I start running away? I took a step closer and spread the bushes to see who that person was. When I finally recognized him - I froze in my place - it was Ayato and he was slowly standing up and turning my way.

"Who's there?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 38.3K 90
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
240K 5.1K 32
Harry's tour is starting and Jensen has decided to tag along with the promise of adventure. Jensen faces her stage fright head on the first night, si...
49.9K 1.4K 37
DIABOLIK LOVERS.| please, don't you ever stop looking at me like that.