Quinn Fabray: My Story

By haleyandthejets

This is Quinn Fabray's Story from Seasons 1-6 of Glee. For the most part I will follow Glee's storylines but... More

Chapter 1 - The Night Quinn Felt Fat
Chapter 2 - Glee Club
Chapter 3 - Everything Changes
Chapter 4 - The Glee Club Finds Out
Chapter 5 - Keep Holding On
Chapter 6 - Popularity Falls
Chapter 7 - The Bill
Chapter 8 - You're Having My Baby
Chapter 9 - I'm Keeping My Baby?
Chapter 10 - Thanksgiving with the Hudsons
Chapter 11 - 2009-2010 Thunderclap
Chapter 12 - Change of Plans
Chapter 13 - Hannukah
Chapter 14 - Quinn's Christmas Miracle
Chapter 15 - New Year's Kiss
Chapter 16 - Hello Trouble
Chapter 17 - Something Lost, Something Gained
Chapter 18 - Unexpected Friendship
Chapter 19 - Reputation
Chapter 20 - Another Move
Chapter 21 - Beth
Chapter 22 - The Turnaround
Chapter 23 - Don't Stop Believin'
Chapter 24 - Summer Break
Chapter 26 - Faith
Chapter 27 - A New Direction
Chapter 28 - Leading Lady Fabray?
Chapter 29 - Double Trouble
Chapter 30 - A Glee Wedding
Chapter 31 - Plot Twist
Chapter 32 - A Win and A Loss
Chapter 33 - Christmas Gift
Chapter 34 - New Year, New Quinn
Chapter 35 - Cheaters Never Prosper
Chapter 36 - Quinn's Comeback
Chapter 37 - Faberry: An Unexpected Friendship
Chapter 38 - Celibacy Club
Chapter 39 - Regionals
Chapter 40 - Don't Underestimate Quinn Fabray
Chapter 41 - Insecurities
Chapter 42 - Rumor Mill
Chapter 43 - Junior Prom
Chapter 44 - Nationals
Chapter 45 - Redefined
Chapter 46 - Return of Sorts
Chapter 47 - It's All Over
Chapter 48 - The Search For New Directions
Chapter 49 - Mash-Off
Chapter 50 - We Are Who We Are
Chapter 51 - Homefield Advantage
Chapter 52 - Giving Back
Chapter 53 - The Proposals
Chapter 54 - Valentine's Date-less
Chapter 55 - The Accident
Chapter 56 - Recovery Road
Chapter 57 - I'm Still Standing
Chapter 58 - Lost
Chapter 59 - Growing Up
Chapter 60 - Prom Queen
Chapter 61 - Quinn takes Nationals
Chapter 62 - We are the Champions
Chapter 63 - Goodbyes
Chapter 64 - You've Got Yale
Chapter 65 - All That Jazz
Chapter 66 - Back Home
Chapter 67 - Christmases When You Were Mine
Chapter 68 - New York Trip
Chapter 69 - We've Got Tonight
Chapter 70 - ....Pregnant?
Chapter 71 - Spring Heartbreak
Chapter 72 - What Becomes of the Broken Hearted
Chapter 73 - Where I Belong
Chapter 74 - Marry Me
Chapter 75 - Just Give Me a Reason
Chapter 76 - Wedding Bells
Chapter 77 - Honeymoon Avenue
Chapter 78 - The Next Nine Months
Chapter 79 - Begin Again
Chapter 80 - So Far Away
Chapter 81 - Our Day Will Come
Chapter 82 - The End?

Chapter 25 - Back to Normal?

513 9 1
By haleyandthejets

I got myself ready for the first day of junior year wearing the white sundress I had picked out when I went shopping with Kurt, Mercedes, and Tina. I pinned part of my hair back hoping that when I entered to school things would feel normal once again. I met up with Brittany and Santana that morning. We headed for our lockers together. "Has something changed since the last time I saw you San?" I asked noticing that Santana looked different. "She got a boob job," Brittany beamed. "Britts! You weren't supposed to tell anyone," Santana frowned. "It's Quinn. She won't tell," Brittany pouted. "I promise you I won't...but why would you get a boob job?" I asked confused. Santana rolled her eyes "You wouldn't understand Fabray. Those of us who didn't just give birth want to make sure we get noticed," Santana snarked. I could feel my blood boiling as Jacob Ben Israel approached us to interview us for his blog.

"How has life changed since the birth of your bastard child?" Jacob asked me as I got my binder from my locker. "Well, I'm happy to be back, and I'm ready to start fresh. And... I'm a lot less hormonal, so...," I said as I grabbed the camera and turned it back to me since whoever was filming seemed interested in Santana's boob job. "So there's not really any crying." "How was your summer?" Jacob said flirtatiously to Santana. "My eyes are up here, JewFro. And it was uneventful," Santana said rolling her eyes. "People thought I went on vacation, but actually I spent the summer lost in the sewers," Brittany told Jacob as I gave her look. Why would you tell Jacob's blog that?

"Interesting just a few more questions," Jacob said to us. "What did you do with all that breast milk?" he asked me as I turned around. "Well the baby got adopted so I didn't have to do anything," I said, not wanting to really answer any more questions. "Now if you'll excuse me. I need to head to class," I said as I walked away, feeling upset. Having all those questions about my baby set me off slightly. No one really knew about how much I went through over the summer.

"Quinn...hey are you okay?" Mercedes asked as she saw me in our first class. I sighed. Mercedes had always been such a good friend to me. I knew keeping everything bottled up inside wasn't going to help me so I decided to tell her. "Can we talk somewhere else?" I asked as Mercedes nodded. We walked to a deserted classroom. "I know I didn't see you for much of the summer other than when we went shopping. Is everything okay?" she asked. "Mercedes...can you promise me that you won't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you," I sighed. "Is it that bad?" she asked confused. "Kind of," I frowned. "I promise," Mercedes said. "Since giving the baby up I've kind of had a hard time dealing with it. Most of the summer I wasn't myself so my mom took me to the doctor," I sighed "I've been seeing a therapist trying to help me overcome everything that happened last year. I'm finally starting to get back on my feet. Jacob Ben Israel's interview kind of set me off. He asked a lot of questions about...her," I frowned as Mercedes gave me a hug. "I had no idea you were going through this. I knew you seemed kind of distant after you had the baby," Mercedes said. "Please don't tell anyone," I sighed. "Your secret is safe with me," Mercedes smiled "Come on, let's get to class."

I felt relieved after telling Mercedes. She had been there for me throughout the pregnancy so telling her was the first thought I had in my mind. The first day of school was pretty much uneventful. We mostly got the paperwork for our parents to fill out and got a list of what we needed for the year. I handed my mom the paperwork as I got home then headed upstairs.

I decided to watch Jacob's interview with everyone in the Glee Club. Sure, it wasn't going to be easy but I knew I had to get myself to the point where things like this wouldn't bother me. I laughed a little bit watching Finn and Rachel's part. I was surprised that they had been dating all summer. Him being into Rachel made no sense to me especially with the way she was being completely controlling and acting like the rest of our opinions didn't matter. Jacob then interviewed Mr. Schue talking about how our songs sounded like they came from a drag queen's playlist. I rolled my eyes. My heart stopped a little bit when I saw Puck. Sure I had called him that one day but I hadn't seen him at all yet. Truth be told I still cared about him. I just couldn't see him without feeling guilty.

I listened to what he had to say in the interview closely. "Confirm or deny the rumor that since you knocked up Quinn Fabray you decided to cool things off with most of the girls at the school?" Jacob asked. "It's true. It was the responsible thing to do," Puck shrugged. "Is it also true you're suffering from a crippling depression because you're not over Miss Fabray?" Jacob asked as Puck then punched the camera. I sighed. Had me blowing him off really made him that upset? I wished that I could look in the eye without feeling so guilty about everything that happened, but I couldn't. So, for the time being there was no way for us to be together.

The next day was our first Glee Club practice. I was happy to be back in the choir room. It felt like home to me. I sat next to Tina in Glee Rehearsal as Mike, her new boyfriend sat behind us. "It's really cool that you and Mike are dating. He's really sweet," I smiled a bit. "Thank you Quinn. Our summer romance started when we were camp counselors at Asian Camp," Tina grinned. "What happened between you and Artie?" I asked confused since the last time I had seen Tina her and Artie seemed pretty in love from what I could tell. "He blew me off. He acted like video games were more important than his relationship with me. Mike's sweet and he tries to be into what I'm into," Tina explained. I nodded understandingly. I was happy for Tina. She deserved to find happiness.

The bell rang as Mr. Schue took control over the room. "These are comments from Jacob Ben-Israel's most recent Glee Club blog. "Glee is a giant ball of suck."," Mr. Schue said. "We get it, Mr. Schue. Everyone still hates us. So what? So we're plankton on the high school food chain? Only difference now is that none of us really care," Kurt said. "Kurt's right. We're a family. They can bring it all they want. None of it is going to break us," Mercedes said. "I'm really happy that you guys have all bonded. The problem is that all of this negative stuff is keeping other students from auditioning," Mr. Schue frowned. "Good. Why do we need new members?" Tina asked. "Well, since Matt transferred, we only have 11 members, and if we want to go to Nationals, if we want to beat Vocal Adrenaline, we have to go from a small rebel force to a giant wall of sound," Mr. Schue told us.

Besides that we needed 12 members to compete at Sectionals. "Yeah, Mr. Schuester's right, you guys. You didn't see Vocal Adrenaline at Regionals. They were epic. We're going to need more voices in order to beat them," Rachel said as she got up. "Yeah. I'm with Rachel on this one," Finn said joining her. "Gross," Brittany muttered. "You're going to have to trust me on this, guys. Now, here's the plan. Nationals are in New York this year, and we are going," Mr. Schue said as we all cheered. "Now let's go out there and show the school how cool it's going to be, how cool we can be. If they're not going to come to us, let's go to them. They say we only sing show tunes and '80s pop. Let's show them how down we are. Let's give them the song of the year, New Directions style," Mr. Schue said as we cheered.

We all decided to perform 'Empire State of Mind' by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys. We began working on the number so that at lunch we could attract some new members. During the chorus I came running down the stairs with Brittany and Santana as we danced our way while performing hoping to attract some new members. Us girls then took over singing background for Mercedes as she sang the bridge. We finished the song on the steps hoping to hear some applause but there was nothing.

"Well that was a bust," Mercedes said shaking her head as we changed out of our costumes and back into our normal clothes. "Definitely," I agreed. "Oh come on guys I'm sure there will be someone who will want to join," Rachel said. "Face it Rachel, there's nothing we can do to get new members. Glee Club is doomed," Tina frowned. "I'm not giving up yet," Rachel said confidently as she left to put up some more signs throughout the school.

That afternoon was cheerios tryouts. I got myself ready hoping that all of last year would go away and I would find myself back on the squad. "Next," Coach Sylvester called as I walked out onto the gym floor. "No way. Get out," Coach Sylvester said to me. "Coach Sylvester, please hear me out," I said. "Nope. I trusted you, and you let me down. I don't want you anywhere near my squad. You'll deafen them with the sound of your stretch marks rubbing together," Coach Sylvester said. "I understand you had your confetti cannons taken away. Well, I'll bet there are quite a few church groups who would gladly give money to a squad who helped rehabilitate a girl who got pregnant and now speaks out for abstinence education while wearing a Cheerios uniform," I said. "Next," Coach Sylvester called as I smirked walking off the floor. I hoped I had done enough to get back on the squad.

The next day I went into Coach Sylvester's office. "Coach Sylvester," I said as she looked up. "Have you given any more thought to what I said?" I asked. "I have, Q," Coach Sylvester said as she narrowed her eyes at me. "Why should I let you back on the squad when the last time I gave you a spot after much campaigning you told me you wanted nothing more to do with the Cheerios." "I can promise you that I've changed. Last year I was a different person. If you let me back on the squad I promise you I won't let you down," I told her seriously. "I need more than that Q, if you want back on the squad. You know that," Coach Sylvester said. "Fine," I said "Santana got a boob job over the summer." "She did what?" Coach Sylvester said narrowing her eyes. "She knowingly disobeyed your no plastics policy, Coach. I hear you've made her captain. Do you really want that kind of leadership from someone who has no respect for your rules?" I asked. "You know, Q, you're right....send Santana into my office. You're back on the squad," Coach Sylvester said as she handed me my uniform. "Thank you Coach," I smiled as I took the uniform and headed into the bathroom to change. Things were going to be different this year and I was ready for it.

I began walking down the hall, hands on hips, feeling more like myself than before. This year was going to be about me, getting back to who I was. I needed to forget all the pain of last year and needed to start getting myself back into shape. From out of nowhere Santana slammed me into a locker as we began to fight.

"You did this to me. You told Coach Sylvester about my summer surgery," Santana exclaimed. "You have a surgery when you get your appendix out. You got a boob job," I snapped at Santana. "Yup, sure did," she said as she smacked me. "You can't hit me," I exclaimed. "Oh, sure I can, unless you got yourself knocked up again, slut," Santana smirked. That was it. I was done playing nice. I pushed Santana into the lockers as a crowd formed around us. "Stop the violence," Brittany said as we continued to fight, grabbing each other's hair. Santana pushed me to the ground as Mr. Schue got there. "Hey, hey, what is this?!" He asked hold Santana and I back from attacking each other "Stop it!" I exclaimed. "What happened to us being a family? Hey!" Mr. Schue said holding me back. "Oh, please," Santana smirked "She has a family. She's a mother!" That was it. I was so sick of her being like that to me. "Walk away!" I yelled as Mr. Schue held me back "And tighten up your pony before you get to class!"

"Quinn..." Mr. Schue said almost trying to comfort me. I glared at Santana as she walked away. "Come on...let's go talk," he told me as we headed into the choir room. "Quinn, this isn't like you...what's going on?" Mr. Schue asked me. I teared up "Mr. Schue you have no idea what it's been like for me. Ever since I had...her I can't even think straight," I said emotionally. "Why were you and Santana fighting?" he asked. I sighed "I kind of told Coach Sylvester about her boob job," I admitted. "Why would you do that Quinn?" he asked me. "I wanted back on the squad. I needed some normalcy in my life," I said emotionally. Mr. Schue seemed to understand. "I get you wanting to be back on the Cheerios since it was such a big part of your life but selling out your friends to get there isn't the answer," he told me seriously. I knew he was right. I wiped my eyes "I'm sorry Mr. Schue," I frowned. "You don't need to apologize to me. I think you do owe Santana an apology," he told me seriously. I knew he was right. "Thanks Mr. Schue...you always know what to say," I said as I wiped my eyes. "Let me write you a pass so you're not late for class," Mr. Schue said to me. I sighed nodding as he handed me a pass. I went off to class hoping I could make up for what happened with Santana.

That afternoon I decided to apologize to Santana. "Are you ready for round 2 or what?" Santana smirked at me. "Look, I came to apologize," I sighed "I should have never sold you out like that. You're one of my best friends, Santana. I know we fight sometimes but you and Brittany have been my girls since we joined the cheerios together." Santana sighed "I accept your apology. You know Coach Sylvester removed me as captain right? I'm now at the bottom of the pyramid," Santana frowned. "But who's captain?" I asked. "Me," Brittany said as she entered the choir room. "You?" Santana and I both said at the same time. Brittany nodded. "Coach Sylvester told me she wanted me to be captain this year. Something about me being the only one she could count on or something," Brittany said. "Brittany, that's great," I smiled a bit. Santana, however didn't look please. She cared about Brittany but I think she was still mad at me for getting her booted as captain.

We waited for just about the entire 2 hours for our new members to show up to audition. Finn had said he recruited a guy on the football team named Sam and Rachel had found a girl named Sunshine who had an amazing voice. It was 4:58 and still, no one had shown up. "Well, hate to break it to you, but it doesn't look like anyone's gonna be joining us, so I think we should just call it a day," Rachel said as we began to get our things. "We said 3:00 to 5:00. It's only 4:58," Mr. Schue frowned. We all began to exit the classroom. "Just wait. My buddy Sam's gonna try out. He totally idolizes me," Finn called after us. Kurt turned around to face him. "Oh, face it, Finn. You're no longer the quarterback. You're not the Pied Piper anymore. No one's gonna follow you around thinking everything you do is cool," he said as he exited along with us.

It was heartbreaking that no one joined us in the Glee Club. I wondered if this was truly the end of Glee Club. I hated to think that way but all hope seemed lost. "Oh you will not believe what Rachel did to Sunshine," Tina said annoyed as I arrived the next day. "Wait what happened?" I asked confused. "She sent her to a crack house," Mike frowned. My eyes grew wide. I knew Rachel was competitive and everything but this was a whole new level, even for her. "I'm glad you guys found out," I sighed. "We had to tell Mr. Schue," Tina said. "I would've done the same thing," I agreed. Most of us were annoyed at Rachel for almost sending away a possible new member. At least she made it right that afternoon by inviting Sunshine to audition.

She sang 'Listen' from Dreamgirls. She had quite an incredible voice. It was then I realized exactly why Rachel had sent her away. She was afraid Sunshine would take away solos from her. Rachel could be so selfish. All she cared about was herself. I knew that from the start. This really could've turned into a real disaster had Sunshine not been so forgiving. "I can't believe she did that," I said to Mercedes. "Oh please we all know Berry is a little competitive troll who would do anything to get ahead," Santana quipped before Mercedes could answer me. "I never thought she would go as low as to send her to a crack house though," I sighed. "Whose side are you on Fabray?" Santana asked. "The right one. I'm not saying I don't believe she did it it's just...I can't understand why," I said. "I'm with Quinn, Santana. What Rachel did was awful. I know she's all about wanting the spotlight but this was low even for her," Mercedes said. "Thank you," I smiled a bit. "Whatever," Santana said rolling her eyes as she walked away.

"Are you two okay?" Mercedes asked. I shook my head "I kind of got her demoted on the Cheerios," I sighed. "Why would you do that?" Mercedes asked. "I wanted to get back on the squad....and Coach Sylvester wanted information and I told her the truth about what Santana did this summer," I sighed "It was a bad thing for me to do. Trust me I regret it. I just needed to get my life back on track since..." I began as I teared up. "You don't have to explain yourself to me. I get it," Mercedes said as she hugged me. I hugged her as we left the rehearsal together.

Next week we were informed that Sunshine had transferred to Carmel High to become a member of Vocal Adrenaline. It reeked of Coach Sylvester's handiwork. Sunshine had told Mr. Schue after what Rachel had done she thought it was best to switch schools thinking that Rachel would've made her life hell. I didn't blame her. After what Rachel had done I wouldn't know if I could trust her if she had done that to me.

Everyone in the club was pretty pissed at Rachel for what had happened. We all knew she was selfish but for her to go to the level that she went to was uncalled for. I knew for the sake of the team we had to move on, no matter how bad Berry's decision affected the team. There was nothing we could do to get Sunshine back. The only thing I could think of was working on getting this Sam kid to join Glee Club, after all Finn had found him and said he could sing pretty well. I knew that was our next mission as the weeks went on.

The lesson Mr. Schue started us off with the next week was adult contemporary. It wasn't exactly the easiest songs for us to do. When he handed us out 'Arthur's Theme' I knew we were in for a week of songs we probably wouldn't be into. Almost like what Finn had told me about when the New Directions first started and were singing 'Le Freak'. Kurt however, had a different idea, Britney Spears. Britney Spears was a lot more relatable to us than singing adult contemporary. Mr. Schue seemed pretty adamant about us not singing Britney. Brittany also confirmed that she didn't want us to do Britney because she felt like she was in Britney's shadow.

There was only one song I had in mind that would suit this week's theme. It wasn't exactly adult contemporary but it definitely was a song that perfectly expressed how I felt. I began to imagine myself singing 'Already Gone' by Kelly Clarkson, especially because of how things between me and Puck had been lately.

"Remember all the things we wanted. Now all our memories, they're haunted. We were always meant to say goodbye. Even without fists held high it never would have worked out right, yeah. We were never meant for do or die. I didn't want us to burn out. I didn't come here to hurt you now I can't stop. I want you to know that it doesn't matter where we take this road someone's gotta go and I want you to know, you couldn't have loved me better but I want you to move on, so I'm already gone. Looking at you makes it harder but I know that you'll find another that doesn't always make you wanna cry. Started with a perfect kiss then we could feel the poison set in. Perfect couldn't keep this love alive. You know that I love you so. I love you enough to let you go. I want you to know that it doesn't matter where we take this road someone's gotta go and I want you to know you couldn't have loved me better but I want you to move on so I'm already gone. I'm already gone. I'm already gone. You can't make it feel right, when you know that it's wrong. I'm already gone, already gone. There's no moving on, so I'm already gone. Already gone. Already gone. Already gone. Oh, oh. Already gone. Already gone. Already gone. Yeah. Remember all these things we wanted. Now all our memories, they're haunted. We were always meant to say goodbye. I want you to know that it doesn't matter where we take this road, someone's gotta go. And I want you to know you couldn't have loved me better but I want you to move on, so I'm already gone. I'm already gone. I'm already gone. You can't make it feel right, when you know that it's wrong. I'm already gone, already gone. There's no moving on, so I'm already gone," I sang feeling every word and meaning it. I sighed as I walked through the hallways feeling more empty then before.

The next rehearsal we had a visit from Dr. Howell, who was the local dentist around here. "Damn he is hot," Santana smirked looking at Dr. Howell. "You would say that," I said shaking my head. "What can't a girl fantasize? It's not like Puck and I are together anymore," Santana said crossing her arms annoyed. "Like you were even together to begin with," I shot back. "Okay what is with you Fabray? Seriously. One minute you want to be my friend again and the next we're fighting all over again," Santana said. "Forget it," I said shaking my head as I sat down next to Kurt and Brittany. Santana gave me an annoyed look but turned her attention to Dr. Howell.

"So here's the deal. You chew this little capsule. If there's any plaque you missed, the dye will stick to it and turn your teeth blue," Dr. Howell said. "Can I just say that you are the hottest dentist I've ever seen," Santana smirked. "Yeah, I get that all the time," Dr. Howell said. "No... Like seriously, you can totally drill me whenever-" Santana began. "Santana!" Miss Pillsbury exclaimed cutting her off "Okay, let's stay focused" Miss Pillsbury smiled. "Rock and roll Ems. And besides, this guy-" Dr. Howell said as he walked over to Mr. Schue, "Now, this guy's pretty easy on the eyes too huh? And you know what? No matter how hard I tried, I bet I couldn't sing and dance like him," he smirked. "Ah, probably not," Mr. Schue laughed. "Alright... let's take a look at those chompers huh?" Dr. Howell said. said. "Before we chew, I would just like to alert Mr. Schue that there's been a new addition to the Britney Spears Facebook campaign," Kurt said. "Sorry. The answer's still no. Capsules guys", Mr. Schue said. "Yes... chew away... chew, chew," Miss Pillsbury said.

We all chewed our capsules smiling afterwards. I knew I wasn't going to have any problems. I always did my best with my personal hygiene. From what I could see no one around be had blue teeth other than Artie and Brittany. Rachel also looked like her teeth were blue. She was complaining about how it couldn't be possible. Dr. Howell said it could be genetic.

"Thank you for letting me come up here, Brittany, Artie, Rachel, I will be seeing you all at my office," Dr. Howell said as he left the choir room. "Okay guys now that we've got that over with let's start working on adult contemporary, yes?" Mr. Schue said as most of us groaned, zoning out of the assignment.

The next Glee Club practice Brittany told us how she now knows that she's better than all of us due to a Britney Spears fantasy. "You see, Mr. Schue? I told you. Britney Spears busted our Britt out of her everyday fragmented haze of confusion and gave her the confidence to step up and perform," Kurt grinned. "I'm more talented than all of you. I see that clearly now," Brittany smiled "It's Brittany, bitch," she whispered. "Guys, we're not doing Britney Spears, and that's that," Mr. Schue said. "Mr. Schue, you are letting your own personal issues get in the way of something that we are all telling you we really want to do. I mean, this club regularly pays tribute to pop culture and Britney Spears is pop culture, to suggest otherwise is heretical," Kurt exclaimed. "Kurt!" Mr. Schue warned "I'm done talking about this." "Geez! Let loose a little, would you? Stop being so freaking uptight all the time!" Kurt exclaimed annoyed as we all looked at him shocked. "Kurt. I'll see you in the principal's office," Mr. Schue said as Kurt grabbed his things and headed into the principal's office.

"As for the rest of you, let's keep exploring adult contemporary while I'm gone yes?" Mr. Schue said as the rest of us nodded unenthusiastically. "Okay we need to figure out a way for him to see it our way. Kurt's not wrong," Santana said. "Totally agree," Brittany nodded. "Guys you heard Mr. Schue. I don't think there's any way to get through to him about this," I sighed. "Unless.." Rachel said as she got up "We prepare a Britney number. Maybe then we can show him through song exactly how Britney Spears would be great for our Glee Club." Everyone seemed to be in agreement with Rachel. I wasn't so sure that was the best idea, after all, that's how Rachel got herself into trouble last time was by doing 'Push It' behind Mr. Schue's back.

The next day Rachel arrived to Glee rehearsal in a Britney inspired '...Baby One More Time' look. "What is she doing," I whispered to Mercedes who shrugged. "Finally she found a look that's fabulous," Kurt beamed sitting with us. "I mean the look is great and everything but won't Mr. Schue be kind of upset with her for it? It's not exactly within school dress code," I said.

The bell rang as Santana then spoke to Rachel. "Well, Rachel, congratulations. Normally you dress like the fantasy of a perverted Japanese businessman with a very dark, specific fetish but I actually dig this look," Santana smiled as she then clapped "Yay." "Thank you," Rachel grinned. "I think what Santana's trying to say, Rachel- though I risk expulsion by saying so- is that it seems Britney Spears has really helped you blossom," Kurt said as he stood up as Mr. Schue shot him a look. "That's all," Kurt said sitting back down. "Wait. Rachel, is that true? I mean, you are sort of dressing differently," Mr. Schue asked. "Bouncy, bouncy, bounc-" Artie began "Hey, hey," Finn scolded. I felt kind of sorry for Finn, with every guy hitting on Rachel just because she was dressed differently. It's not like she wasn't the same annoying girl underneath. "Look. All I know is that I had a very vivid Britney Spears fantasy at the dentist and since then it's made me feel free to get out of my own way. I think I've just always been afraid to dress like a pretty girl because I've never really felt like one before. Now I realize it's okay to feel that way about yourself every now and then. Maybe it's a good thing," Rachel said as I rolled my eyes at her. "It's such a good thing, I can't believe it," Brittany smiled as Mr. Schue was called out of the room by Coach Sylvester wanting to talk to him. Which meant practice was over.

We came back that afternoon as Finn and Artie came beaming into the choir room. "I got on Artie the football team," Finn grinned. "Wait...how?" I asked confused. "I was pretty sure Artie's legs don't work." "Did you get a leg transplant?" Brittany asked. "Nope. My teammates can push my chair like a battering ram," Artie said. "Yep. There's no rules against it. We checked," Finn grinned. "And I have Britney Spears to thank," Artie said. "You're welcome," Brittany smiled.

"Britney plus nitrous gave me an amazing idea. And it gave me the nerve to tell Coach Beiste that Finn and I really want to be on the team," Artie said. "Wait. You're back on the football team?" Rachel asked upset "Yeah," Finn beamed. "Suddenly you're way hotter to me. Weird," Santana smirked just to annoy Rachel. "Wait. I don't get it. How come everyone's having Britney Spears fantasies?" Puck asked. "The nitrous oxide dentists use is a mild hallucinogen. Studies have proven that it induces vivid dreams- often the last thing the patient thinks of. The subconscious moves to the forefront. Since we've all been thinking so much about Britney, it only stands to reason," Artie shrugged as Mr. Schue then entered the room.

"Okay, guys. Listen up," Mr. Schue said. "Mr. Schue, if I may-" Kurt began "Kurt, I overheard what you guys were just talking about, and I know what you're gonna say. The answer is no," Mr. Schue said as we all frowned "No, I'm not gonna stand in the way anymore. If you guys want to do Britney at this year's homecoming assembly, I'm fine with it." We all grinned to each other, excited that the Britney song we had been working on would not be going to waste. "Oh. And, more than that I am going to perform with you," Mr. Schue grinned. I gave him a look. Mr. Schue, performing Britney with us. This had to be a joke.

"Can I ask you a favor?" Rachel said to me the next day pulling me aside. "If you must," I said as we walked together. "Look I know we're not friends or anything but I'm worried about Finn. Him being back on the football team makes me worry he'll go back to Brittany or Santana....or you," Rachel sighed. "What do you want me to do?" I asked. "I know you're not dating anyone...maybe you could ask out Finn so I could see how he'd react," Rachel asked in a hopeful tone. "Rachel...I don't know. I haven't exactly spoken much to Finn since last year," I sighed. "I already have a script prepared for what I want you to say. Please Quinn. You're the only Cheerio I know I can trust," Rachel frowned. "And what makes you so sure about that?" I asked her. "You never tried to take Finn...even when he and I broke up last year," Rachel said. I thought about it. "Fine....I'll do it," I said. Rachel hugged me. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she grinned as she rushed off. I sighed. Even asking Finn out for a fake date felt wrong. I knew I had hurt him so bad last year. Maybe helping Rachel out was my way of saying I'm sorry for being a jerk last year. Time would tell.

Friday we were all prepared to perform 'Toxic' which we had been working on with Mr. Schue. Brittany, Rachel, Mr. Schue, Santana, and I all had solos in the song. "Quiet, please, children. Quiet now," Principal Figgins said into the microphone to try to keep the crowd quiet. "First, students who ate the ravioli today and are not up to date on their tetanus shots should see the nurse immediately. Welcome to our homecoming pep assembly. Because of last week's grisly train derailment the Dulcimer Club is on hiatus until further notice.

But do we ever have a treat for you. Fresh off their last-place finish at the regionals please give it up for the New Directions," Figgins said as we began performing 'Toxic'.

I danced with Brittany and Santana throughout the performance until the end where I had my solo "I think I'm ready now," I sang as I posed with Puck as we had rehearsed. Everyone seemed to cheer until Coach Sylvester pulled the fire alarm and all the kids ran out of the building. Besides us onstage knowing that Coach Sylvester had pulled the alarm.

I walked over to Finn after the assembly just like Rachel and I had practiced. I put my hand on his shoulder. "Congrats, Finn. You're back on the team. I'm head cheerleader again. Some kind of symmetry. Don't you think? With all the nastiness between you and I behind us I think we should be together. We'd be a shoo-in for homecoming king and queen. So, what do you say? You and me, 8:00, Breadsticks?" I said flirtatiously trying to be convincing to Finn. Finn sighed "Look. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have feelings for you. Probably always will," Finn said which shocked me as he closed his locker. "But I'm not gonna get back together with you. There's someone else, and you know who that is. I'm asking you to respect that," Finn said as I nodded "I'm sorry," he then walked off. I walked up to Rachel to report back to her. "I said what you wanted me to. He shot me down. So, congrats, looks like he really loves you," I said with a roll in my voice as I walked off. That however seemed to be enough for Rachel who seemed thrilled that he would choose her over me for whatever reason.

Rachel decided to sing 'The Only Exception' for Finn during Glee Club's rehearsal going with the adult contemporary theme. I couldn't help feeling somewhat guilty during the performance. The only reason she was even singing this wasn't because she trusted Finn, it was because I made sure she could trust him. I almost felt like I was tricking Finn once again and it was something I felt like I was going to regret.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 3.6K 86
He hates her... She hates him... So why can't they leave each other alone? Being partnered up in science was one thing, but now having to spend time...
392 35 3
In the middle of Lima, Ohio sat a neat little cul-de-sac called Dudley Road. It lined itself with white picket fences, manicured lawns, and matching...
1.1K 93 41
Puck finding his way and enjoying his life in L.A. after graduating from McKinley - along with unexpected roommates, romances, and revelations. Finn...
1.8K 65 20
201What Dreams May Come ยป by 78Violetfan Finn starts to get dreams mixed with realities as he dreams about the future with his one true love only to...