Happy ever after? (A Sequal...

By MJsGirl1987

Sequel to Love hurts? After a traumatic past and becoming parents at such a young age. Michael (Now 20) and O... More

New start
Past tension
Trying
Lunch
Unsure
Changes
Trust
Worry
Don't tell
Unwanted Visitor
Misunderstanding
Bad medicine
Leaving
Responsability
Bad day
Honesty
Motivation
Bad terms
Changes
Hopeful
Jealously
Happy birthday
Scammed
Sorry
Conflicted
Moving on
Left out
Old faces
For the best
Labour
New addition
Changed
first day
Unwelcome
Insecure
Boy's night out
Awkward
Two sides
Apologies
Party
Morning after
Delayed
I told you so
Giving up
We need to talk
Lies
More lies
My fault
First day back
Flash backs
Bullying
Too much
Why?
Searching for answers
It was me
Decisions
Worried
Time to say goodbye
Can't say goodbye
Comparing
Not ready
No pressure
Taking sides
Trust me
Wedding day
Visitor
For the best
Change of heart
Understanding
Broken promise
Confused
Gone
Precious Jewels
Family time
Overwhelmed
First meeting
Late
Accident
I'm sorry
Doubt
Blame
Guilt
New life
Breaking
New leads
A brothers Love
Searching
Janet's story
Pushed aside
Tell them
Can't
Miss you
2nd chance
Feeling guilty
False hope
True feelings
Decisions
Talk
Interfering
Switch Pt.1
Switch pt.2
Moving foward
Better off
Confused
True feelings
Missing
Miss Jackson
Trick or treat?
Just talk
I Love You
Family
The truth
Insecurities
Help
Family
Happy
Changes
Daddy's Girls
Girl talk
Going away
Making plans
The truth
Choices
Accident
The whole truth
Flying the nest
Sweet 16
All grown up
DJ's POV

Change of plan

96 9 0
By MJsGirl1987

Ocean's POV

I wake up to Mikey crying and turn and sigh, seeing it's only 3am. "Not again" Michael groans. "I didn't wake him, did I?" I frown, going over to his crib. "I'm sorry. I just have to be up in 3 hours and I have work" he sigh. "Well hopefully Janet will be feeling better soon and he can go back in her room. Your not the only one with stuff to do" I whisper, whilst trying to settle him. "I have our flight to pack for. Plus I have to..."

"Well at this rate we won't be going anywhere. We can't fly if she's still throwing up everywhere" he mutters under his breath. "It's not her fault if she has a stomach bug. If she's still not feeling good then we can always go another time" I suggest. "We don't really have much choice do we?" He mumbles, taking Mikey from me. "I'll go get his bottle this time"

"You sure? I don't mind if you wanna go back to bed"

"Its fine I'm awake now anyway" he sighs and pecks my lips.

It's Michael's birthday tomorrow and I feel really bad for him. He's been really excited about going to visit his family and unless Janet's feeling any better we won't be able to go. I'm really hoping she's feeling better today, I haven't heard her throwing up again so hopefully she's over her stomach bug and we can still make it.

*

"Janet! Breakfast's ready!" Michael calls up to Janet. "How come Mikey has to sleep with you, Daddy and Princess?" DJ asks. "Is he yours and daddy's baby now?"

"Of course he's not" I chuckle slightly. "He's just staying with us while Janet is sick is all" I explain an he nods, disappointed. "What's wrong?" Michael asks confused by his sudden mood change. "I just wanted a brother is all" he shrugs "Maybe you will someday, but I don't think we have enough cribs or space for any more babies right now" he smiles then calls back up to Janet.

"Finally. I've been calling you for 20 minutes. You ok?"

"I'm great" she smiles "I'm gonna go to school. I'll see you..."

"But you haven't hadn't your breakfast yet" I cut her off. "Its ok. I'll just get something at school. I'm gonna be late so..."

"Janet, You've been ill all week. you need to eat" I cut her off and she sighs slightly and sits down and starts eating.

"Mommy. Can Veah and I have a prize?" DJ asks "we ate all our breakfast" he smiles showing me his empty bowl. "Just one" I smile.

"Didn't you go grocery shopping the other day?" Michael asks. "Yeah, why?" I ask confused "The cupboards are nearly empty"

"That's weird. I definitely went shopping" I frown confused. "We seemed to be going through alot of food latley" he says, opening the fridge. "Well you do have three growing kids. Maybe you didn't get as much food as you thought" Janet shrugs, getting up from her seat.

"Does this mean I can't have a prize?" DJ pouts. "We'll get you something on the way to daycare" I smile then turn to Michael. "And I'll go grocery shopping again when we get back from your parents" I smile and peck his lips then we hear Janet throwing up, upstairs.

"Looks like we're not going then" he sighs disappointed. "I'm gonna go get ready for work" he mumbles and heads upstairs.

****
Janet's POV

After cleaning myself up, I go into my room and Michael is sitting on the edge of my bed. "What's going on?" I ask confused. "That's what I came to ask you"

"What do you mean?" I ask nervously and he doesn't say anything for a moment then sighs heavily.

"Are you pregnant again?"

"What!? No!" I shake my head, suprised he'd think that. "Nobody's gonna get mad at you. We've just notice you've been getting sick alot lately... is there something I need to know?" He asks softly and I shake my head. "I've just had a little stomach bug is all, but I'm fine now"

"Are you sure that's all it is?"

"I'm positive. I don't even have a boyfriend and what happened with Timmy was the only time I've ever... You know" I mumble that last part and he sighs slightly in relief. "Well If that's the case. I'm gonna call mom and dad and rearrange our visit and..."

"You don't have to do that" I cut him off. "Janet, if your sick then you can't fly. You need to stay home and rest for a few days"

"I'll be fine really. It was just a bug. Plus it's your birthday in tomorrow and you've been really looking forward to seeing everybody again. You shouldn't cancel because of me"

"Its fine. We'll just go another time" he shrugs and gets up to leave and notices the empty candy bar wrappers under my pillow.

"So your the one that ate all the candy bars" he smirks, playfully. "It's not what it looks like" I shake my head "I-I..."

"It's fine" he cuts me off and gets up from the bed. "Just don't let DJ know you are his favourite candy" he chuckles slightly And leaves the room.

When he leaves, I get a text from Megan.

From: Megan
Me and the others are going to a party tonight. You in?

****
Michael's POV

I'm getting ready to leave for work and Janet knocks on my bedroom door.

"Hey, what's up?" I smile. "Um.. I was just thinking... If you guys go to visit mom and dad. I could always just..."

"No" I shake my head quickly cutting her off. "But you don't even know what I'm gonna ask"

"If you came to ask me if we'd leave you here alone then the answers no"

"You said yourself that I needed to rest so I can get better. It's not like I'm gonna be going anywhere. I'll probably just stay in bed the whole time" she shrugs. "And what about Mikey? I'm not gonna leave you here alone to take care of a baby while your sick"

"He could always go with you and Ocean" she mutters. "We could take him, but then you'll still be here alone. What if something happens or..."

"It won't" she cuts me off. "Plus. Mrs Baker is just next door if there's an emergency and your only gonna be gone 2 nights" she cuts me off. "I guess it would give you a chance to rest without all the kids running around and bothering you" I mutter. "Is that a yes?" She asks and I don't say anything for a moment, unsure if I should.

"Let me think about it" I sigh heavily and she nods and leaves the room. It does sound like a good idea to leave Janet here so she can get some rest while we're gone. I trust she won't do anything or get in any trouble, but I still feel weird about leaving a 14 year old home alone.

*

"So you think I should let her stay here alone?" I ask my dad on the phone. "Michael, she's 14 not 4. She'll be fine. Your mother and I left you and the others alone at that age"

"I know, but that's when you guys just went out of town for the night. What if something happens?"

"Can't you ask your neighbour if she could keep a check on her?"

"That's true" I mutter "If the girls sick then she's sick. Best thing for her is to stay home and get some rest.. unless your worried she'll be doing something else?"

"No. I'm not worried about that. She only hangs out with 3 girls at school and she spends most weekends at home with Mikey"

"Then you have nothing to worry about. If you know she can be trusted then I'd let her stay home alone"

"So your saying I should say yes?"

"As Janet's father I'm giving my permission, but like I've said to you before. She's living under your roof so the decisions yours"

I'm about to speak and there's a knock on my office door. "I gotta go. I'll call you back" I say quickly and hang up the phone, assuming it's my boss.

"What's up Heather?" I sigh. "I came to collect your report for Bill"

"Why can't he come and get it?" I frown confused. "Because I'm his assistant" she giggles slightly and brushes past me and walks into my office and I walk over to my desk to get it for her.

"So... any plans for the weekend?" She asks, leaning over my desk. "I always have plans on the weekend" I smile, handing her the report. "Plans with the little wifey and kids?"

"Yup"

"Well how about me and you get some lunch?"

"The little wifey already made me some lunch... now if you don't mind. I have work to finish..."

"You should try letting Your hair down for a change. Life isn't just about work and family you know?" She cuts me off "For me it is" I shrug "which is why you should try and relax and enjoy yourself a little more" she smiles, moving a little closer to me. "There's nothing wrong with having a little fun. Must be pretty stressful having all that responsibility at your age. So why don't me and you go get some lunch and then maybe we can work on getting you to relax a little better and..."

"I already told. I have my lunch" I cut her off. "You don't have to worry. That little wifey of yours won't find out.. I can be very discreet" she winks. "Heather, we've been through this" I sigh, getting annoyed with her. "I've already told you many times. I'm happily married and I'm not looking for any..."

"I'm not asking you to leave her" she giggles slightly. "It's just a lunch and little um... getting to know each other better" she smiles suductivly. "So what do you say? Meet me here in an hour?" She smiles.

"It's Paul's turn" I Say moving away from her. "What is?" She looks at me confused. "To fuck you... It's his turn today not mine.. sorry" I shrug.

"Excuse me!? I don't take apoinments! And I don't know what Paul told you, but me an him were weeks ago and it was just one night and..."

"And this weekend's his turn again" I cut her off. "All the guys in the office draw straws at the beginning of the week and the winner gets you. Because that's how easy you are. There's nothing special or classy about you. You nothing but a play thing to them can't you see that!?" I snap and she doesn't say anything and looks at me taken aback.

"I'm not saying this to upset you, but its the truth. Heather, your a beautiful and intelligent woman, but right now all your being seen as is just some ditzy assistant that's easy to get into bed. Is that really what you want? Because you can be so much more than that. The only reason I'm saying this is because unlike those other guys. I actually have respect for marriage and for women, but you need to get some respect yourself and..."

"Fuck you!" She snaps, cutting me off and storms out and I'm about to go after her and my phone starts ringing and it's Ocean.

"Hey, your dad just called and told me and said you were thinking of about leaving Janet behind. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm sorry. You were busy with Princess and I was gonna talk to you about it when I got home"

"Are you ok? You sound upset?" she asks concerned. "I'm fine. Heather just came on to me again and I kinda called her the office slut an told her about the guys drawing straws and said she needed to get some respect for herself and she got upset" I sigh feeling bad about it. "So she should be upset! If that bitch comes onto you again, I Swear I'm gonna come down there and fucking murder that little hoe!" She shouts down the phone.

"Baby, calm down. I doubt she'll bother me again. She seemed really pissed off about what I said. Anyway don't worry about her. What do you think we should do about Janet?" I ask changing the topic.

I do feel bad about upsetting Heather, but I'm more concerned about what to do with Janet. Plus maybe it was a good thing what I said because maybe now she'll see what everybody else sees and quit acting so trashy and desperate all the time.

****
Janet's POV

"Are you 100% on this?" Ocean asks and I nod. "I'll be fine. I promise"

"Ok well we filled up all the cupboards and left you some money and if you need anything and if there's and emergency or.. "

"I'll go next door to Mrs Baker's and call you and you'll be straight back" I smile, cutting her off. "We'll call you when we land ok?" Michael says nervously and gives me a hug "I'll be fine. You can trust me" I smile and hug him back then after I've given Mikey a million hugs and kisses they all leave for the airport.

I felt really bad about saying Michael and Ocean could take Mikey with them at first, but I know he'll be ok with them and their only going to be gone for 2 nights and will be visiting family so it won't be so bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 889 27
Cathy Jean Jones is a 19 year old ballet dancer with lots of potential. The only problem is she doesn't believe in herself and she's depressed beyond...
110K 4.7K 61
⚠️ Copyright © 2020 by IntenseArt. This is an original story. All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in...
598 78 8
What will happen when a young 12 years old BeyoncΓ© goes to stay with her grandmother for the summer. will she create a unbreakable bond with the pop...
1K 12 8
(SEQUEL TO "THE WAY SHE MADE ME FEEL") (BEFORE READING THIS STORY, PLEASE READ THE ORIGINAL STORY, "THE WAY SHE MADE ME FEEL"!! THANK YOU!) Michael J...