The Long and Winding Road

By PaperbackWriter63

John and Paul fic. Prologue: Someone didn't want the Beatles to be forgotten...and so he had 4 clone eggs cr... More

Chapter 1 - John
Chapter 2 - Paul
Chapter 3 - John Meets New Friends
Chapter 4 - Paul's Help
Chapter 5 - John's Decision
Chapter 6 - John Finds a 'Home'
Chapter 7- Paul's Escape
Chapter 8 - John's New Companions
Chapter 9 - New Home
Chapter 10 - A Little More Insight
Chapter 11 - Note For John
Chapter 12 - Free At Last?
Chapter 13 - Just A Normal Day...
Chapter 14 - First Day Of School
Chapter 15 - Good Summer Days Turn into Bad Ones
Chapter 16 - New Everything!
Chapter 17 - Only The Beginning
Chapter 18 - Paul's Accident...
Chapter 19 - 'Little' Surprises
Chapter 20 - Excepted
Chapter 21 - Captured in Paris
Chapter 22 - "George"
Chapter 23 - Paul and a Gun
Chapter 24 - Tragedy
Chapter 25 - Paul is Out!
Chapter 26 - "Its All My Fault"
Chapter 27 - Tell Me Why
Chapter 28 - With A Little Help From My Friends
Chapter 29 - Paul's Birthday (pt 1)
Chapter 30 - Paul's Birthday (pt 2)
Chapter 32 - (Continued from Chapter 31)
Chapter 33 - A Brilliant Idea!
Chapter 34 - Problem Solved
Chapter 35 - Admitted to the Hospital
Chapter 36 - Dance Reunion
Chapter 37 - Two For the Price of One
Chapter 38 - Help Me If You Can
Chapter 39 - Paul Is Dead Hoax, true or not?
Chapter 40 - A Fateful End
Chapter 41 - Safe?
Chapter 42 - Telling Them The Truth
Chapter 43 - Puzzle is Coming Together
Chapter 44 - The Last Chapter

Chapter 31 - Serious Accidents

183 4 3
By PaperbackWriter63

2 July 2028

Today we are going to a concert. Well, we are going to our concert to play at. All the tickets were sold out. Pretty neat. Still everyone says we will cause another Beatlemania. I just hope we don't cause it has much as they did...haha Anyways we leave in a bit so i gotta go. Im all set though just have to be their a bit early to practice. 

-John

-------

We hurried into thebuildingg in which we were playing and were taken onstage. We played around a bit then went back for a bit to get ready, officially. Our sisters were helping set the instruments up. They were going to get in their seats afterwards, and they got special tickets. There is another act playing afterwards,don'tt remember who it was. Oh its that kid. Bieber. I still think he was in on the act when Paul was kidnapped. Why Paul all the time? Just waiting for me and to get me at the right time. I don'tt know. Weird, thats all i think. 

They told us everyone was coming in and that we should go on. So we did. The lights were on and everyone was seated to listen. Along with some excited screams. Not quite like the Beatles. (thank goodness) 

I looked at George to make sure he was ready, then Paul, then Ringo. Ringo tapped his foot and we began our first song.

--------

We had an interview thingy, then back home. Then we went on a walk. Very cautiously too. Even though my dad and brother were locked up they could still escape or the others might be out there. My dad had a gun, and my mum allowed me too take it. So i had that in my jacket. 

On our way we heard a bunch of noises. We also met my friend, who met Paul for the first time. Paul still was in that shy shell of his but they became good friends. I felt a lot safer with another person. I should of asked Rings or George to come but didn't want to bother them. Rings was sleeping, hard day, and George was playing his guitar with Ashley accompanying him. 

But the main thing that happened was that Paul tripped. He lost his balance and fell...more like slid on the ground. A rip sound was heard and Paul groaned. His jeans were ripped from rear down to the knee, on the back though. 

We burst out laughing. Of course Paul's face was all red from embarrassment, but he was also mad. At us that is. 

"Stop it John its not funny." 

"Yyyeah i-it i--" I was laughing so hard. 

"John knock it off. Can we go home? John im hurt!" Paul grabbed my arm.

I slowed down the laughing. "Alright. Fine. But you should of seen your face." I began to laugh but Paul hit me on the shoulder.

We walked back. Began to, that is, before Paul tripped again. I looked around quickly then at my friend, Landon.

"Did you see some one? I think this is deliberate." I pointed my finger at Paul.

"John, hes unconscious."

"What?"

"Hes unconscious. Hit his head on the concrete."

"No head injures, please no head injures." i pleaded. Landon searched Paul's head.

"All clear."

"Come on lets get him-" 

-------

NARRATOR

--

John didn't finish his sentence before he let out a scream of pain. Landon looked around, he was scared. 

"John, John you okay? Oh no. No." Landon shook his head.

John looked up at his friend. "Landon, call mum."

Landon looked threw John's jacket for his phone and on finding it dialed his mother. Then dialed the police.

"Is my gun in my pocket?" John forced out.

"Gun?" Landon searched JOhn. "No. No gun."

"Oh no." John then let out a gasp.

"Where are you hit?" 

John closed his eyes and breathed heavily. "My shoulder."

"Its gonna be okay." 

A couple minutes later they heard bike wheels come to a screech and George and Marin running up. 

"What happened?"

"John's shot and Paul's knocked out." Landon explained.

"Shot? Did you see the person?"

"No, the person some how took it out of John's coat."

"Oh Johnny." Marin hugged her brother. 

"Come on we gotta get him out in the clearing for the police." Landon said. 

"I can carry Paul." Marin said.

"No just help George iwht John. Ill get Paul." Landon said.

"What happened to his trousers?" George asked.

"Was tripped then tripped again."

"Oh poor, kid." Marin frowned. 

They got the two in the clearing just as the police arrived. Ambulance followed. 

John was put in the Ambulance, Marin went with him, and Paul was taken home in their mum's car.

"Im glad you were there Landon." Mrs. Williams said.

"Yeah me too. Gosh they would of been helpless."

"Or dead." George murmured.

Paul mumbled and began to wake up. 

"We're home. Landon take him to my bedroom. George go get some jeans for Paul and ice." Their mum directed.

"Yes ma'am." George said and ran upstairs.

Paul was placed on the bed. His mum sat down and took his trousers off. He was bleeding on the back.

"Tripped twice?" She looked up at Landon. Who nodded.

"Want me to do something?"

"Go talk to the police, will you? Since you were there and all. Just be the man of the house for now."

"Anytime! Never done this before."

"Landon. Be careful."

"Im just kidding im not gonna do anything bad."

"Even if you did your not my son." 

Landon chuckled and walked out to talk to the police.

Paul opened his eyes and looked around. "Where am i?" He asked, a bit groggy.

"Your home."

"What happened?"

"Tripped."

"Are you a nurse?"

"No im your mum."

"You are? I thought she left and then i was taken away."

"Paul. Do you know who you are?"

"Yeah. Paul McCartney. But, oh, are you the neighbor who took me away from her?"

"Paul thats was years ago."

"What?"

"Your 19."

"No im not."

"What do you mean?"

"No."

"Mum, i got him some trousers and ice." George said

"Who's he?"

"Paul, do you know John?"

"John who?"

"John...remember? Your band and all?"

"Band? What?" Paul sat up. "Why do i feel strange?"

Mrs. Williams took the trousers from George and gave them to Paul. "Put these on. George stay with him."

"Whats wrong?"

"Memory loss. Now im gonna call the doctor."

"Isn't this bad? I mean doesn't that mean he wont get it back?"

"In other words amnesia and yes he will get it back in time."

"So he doesn't know about the band?"

"No, George, he doesn't remember it." His mum sighed and walked out the door.

Paul pulled up his trousers, but couldn't seem to do the button. He moaned, he felt like he could do this but he couldn't. Something was telling him he's done it before and something is telling him he hasn't.

"Um, could you help me?" He sake shyly.

George shook his thoughts out of his head and turned to Paul. "Yeah?"

"Help?"

"You cant zip and button your pants?" George looked at Paul in disbelief.

Paul shook his head. "But i feel like i can. I just-have i done it before?"

"Yes."

"oh."

"Do you know who i am?" George asked as he zipped and buttoned Paul's pants.

Paul shook his head. 

"Im George."

"Im Paul." He smiled.

"Mum he's lost it!" George called.

"George thats not nice. I know we going to the doctors in a bit. Ringo is coming with me. You stay here and hear word from John."

"All this bad stuff is happening. I don't like it!" George groaned. Paul crawled back on the bed and laid down. "Mum, Paul's sleeping."

"Let him sleep."

"Im not." Paul said opening his eyes.

"You were."

"Not."

"Were."

"George leave him alone." Landon told him.

"Who put you incharge?"

"Your mother. Well not really, but in a way. Now just don't. He'll be fine in a few days or so."

"But we have a gig in two days!"

"And John got shot in the shoulder. Where you put your guitar strap!"

"Some one is wanting to break this band up. They have been for years."

"Why?"

"Some one who doesn't want us to recreate the Beatles." George mumbled.

"Do you know who they are?"

"No. The police got to find them. I wish they would pick on me or Ringo for a change. John and Paul have a hard time already!"

"I heard you had the hardest time." Landon said.

"What? Oh you mean getting used to this life?"

"Yeah since John met you at the orphanage and since...now."

"Yeah i was a scrawny kid."

"Why?"

"Why? You ask why! I don't know. I was depressed because i lost both my parents and siblings...i think...no..yes. My older brother was taken away from me." George began to get angry.

"Woow now Georgie." landon put his hand up in defense.

"Im sorry. I just get mad. Because...because i miss them." George let his tears go and he hugged Landon.

"Oh for crying out loud George, "Landon chuckled silently at his saying. "Hey...uh...never mind. Come on. Ill drive you to get you something, if you like. To get your mind off. Chips?"

George sniffed and shook his head. "N-no thanks."

"What do you want."

George shook his head and ran up stairs. Landon followed him but he shut the bathroom door. Landon went to see Ringo.

"George will be okay right?"

"Yeah. He does it at night sometimes. Don't tell him i said that." Ringo added quickly. 

"I wont."

"Hows John and Paul?"

"I don't know."

"Well i gotta leave with my mum, your staying here right?"

"Ill get my mum to come over. that way we will have an adult."

"You are an adult."

"I know, but ...a girl in the house is great to have."

"Ashley is here."

"An older one. I just don't want to be here incase something happens."

"I understand. Two is better than one, eh?" He smiled.

"Yup."

George finally came out of the room, eyes and nose all red. "Im sorry, Landon."

"Its alright, kid." Landon smirked.

George smiled back. "Ringo you better go. Mum is ready i think. You gotta get Paul out. If he can walk then he will walk."

"That messed up?"

"He stood at least. But wasn't sure if he had buttoned up pants or not."

"Oh my." Ringo put a finger to his mouth.

"Don't worry, the amnesia, with a little help, will go away in a few days. It doesn't stay long. I had it at a young age."

"You did?" George asked.

"Yeah. And mine was bad! I mean bad. Worst then Paul's. I couldn't even think straight. I didn't know who i was or where i came from. I didn't even know what i was."

"You didn't know you were human?"

"Yup! I didnt know i was human. I thought i was a dog for a while."

George let out a laugh. Ringo gave him a quick glance and he quickly quieted up.

"Its alright. Its pretty funny. But i thought i was a dog for only one day. Then i was told i was a human so i said okay. And i was only 7 years old. Didn't know John then. i already told him this though."

"Oh" Ringo smiled.

"Well you better go."

"Right." Ringo got his coat and left. 

Landon turned to George. "At least this happened to Paul in the summer."

"Yours happened over the school year?"

"Yeah. Terrible times. I was home though. I was still getting used to saying my own name and pronouncing words."

"Istn that different though?"

"ts the same. You just remember things from the past so you kind of live like you are in the past."

"Oh."

"But just help Paul. He needs help. John wont be able to play guitar for a couple of days either."

"Soon it might be us." George thought.

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen to you. Not as long as im here."

"Thanks Landon." George smiled. He thought about what the future had in store for him and Ringo. Landon went downstairs and George followed. 

"What will the doctor say about Paul?"

"He will give some tips on how you guys can help with getting his memory back. And how bad it is...and um...just have to do every-other-day-doctor visits."

"Ug. A lot of stuff."

"Yup, but John's shoulder may take longer then Paul's injury."

"We're doomed."

"No your not. Hey, John can still play sitting down. But just not for a while."

"How do you know so much?"

"Ive had a broken arm too. Broken leg. Head injury. You name it."

George shook his head. Why were John's friends all dare devils and such? It didn't make sense. George was ready for this all to be over. So that their family can have some peace and their band can keep going.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 4.2K 38
TRIGGER WARNING: contains child abuse, homophobic slurs, drug/alcohol use and NSFW content. ====================================== "Blackbird singing...
36.2K 591 19
You are entering a contest that involves Paul and Ringo. After you finish your video entry, you head outside and get struck by lightening. When you w...
21.8K 770 27
A young actress is handpicked to be in the famous movie, not expecting anything more than a boost in her acting career she gains the attention of a...
100K 3.9K 46
Hello WattPad! I'm a huge fan of The Fine Brothers REACT series on YouTube. So I thought why not take the premise for their show, add a little Beatle...