You Should Have Chosen me

By seemah870

Tati Fiori was forced to be married at a young age to solve her family business problems. Logan Henderson tho... More

You Should Have Chose me
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 8

51.6K 1.2K 155
By seemah870

TATI  P.O.V

I froze in that spot. It couldn't be him, could it? I slowly turned around and it was in fact, Logan Henderson. He had his blazer of and his tie was undone with the top two buttons of his shirts open. 

"Umm.. hello?" I said unsure of what to expect.

"You live here?" he said approaching me. All I could do was shake my head. I didn't know what to feel. Love? Hate? 

"I could help you with the groceries. Here, pass them over." he said gesturing to my brown paper bag.

I handed it to him and we moved to the elevator. I lived on the upper most floor which were made up of two penthouses. I just bought it a few days ago seeing that I was going to be here regularly. To access that floor I had to swipe my key card which I did. 

"Which floor are you on?" I asked politely.

"Looks like we're going to be neighbors."  he smiled.

It was starting to piss me off. His whole happy mood as if nothing had happened between us.

"What is your deal Logan? You're acting  like you didn't insult me. Like everything is fine." I asked him with an annoyed tone.

"I just thought we could start over you know?" he said quietly. The lifts opened and we stepped out. I indicated for him to pass my groceries back.

" You really thought that it's that easy? Please wake up. I'll see you around." I said and walked off to my door. He stood there with a frown carved into his handsome face.

 Oh my lord, why do you have to test me this way?

I was considering moving out of this place. Now I'd have to put up with this moron and his sex buddies. I placed the groceries into their respective places and waited for Anthony to come barging into my apartment. He did exactly that half an hour later while I was on the treadmill running.

"Ok, so I heard you kicked butt in the meeting today. Good job, sorry I wasn't there by the way." he said sitting on the couch. I stopped the treadmill and breathed in slow breaths and turned off my home theatre system. I motioned for him to join me outside in the kitchen cause I thought my lungs were about to collapse.

Once I chugged down the water, all I could say was. "Logan lives next door." 

"Shut up, shut up shut up!" and that's how I always remembered that Anthony was gay. He never acted like it, till moments like these.

"I want to move out." I say calmly.

"Sure... be a loser and show him how much that he affects you."

"Ughh do you have to always be right. But imagine this. I'd have to hear him going at it with his numerous sex toys." I cringed.

"Honey, you better start taking notes. You haven't even been kissed in your life." he laughs.

I flash him the middle finger "Excuse me, but I've had a lot of exposure. I've read many romance novels to know what to do." 

"Ok, way too much info.. So, I was thinking-"

"Whenever you say that, I get really scared."

"I was thinking.. maybe you should forgive Logan.  Try to make up with him."

"Anthony. We are sitting in my kitchen. Which has many knives. Please mind what you say." I say calmly.

"Wait, just hear me out. He judged you, and you judged him too. Ever thought that he was also in love with his girl at that time? He judged you by your appearance, you judged him by his status quo in high school. Wrong place and definitely the wrong time."

"Enough. ok. Enough. I'll see you tomorrow."

"I'll take that as queue for me to leave. But seriously, just think about it." I heard the click of my front door. The place was quiet and I felt like crap. Well, there was only one way to settle this. At Neiman Marcus of course. I showered and put on a floral skirt and a plain white top. Matched it with brown wedges and my black Hermes bag. 

Feeling like drowning some of the sorrow by letting the adrenaline flow, I went to the car key holder and decided to pick something that could fit my shopping bags as well as had a little bit of speed in it. The Panamera it is. It was already 5 in the evening but that didn't stop me. A girl has to drown her sorrows somewhere right?

4 hours later, I came back to the penthouse. As I took out my bags, fate yet again decided to torture me in the form of Logan dripping in sweat. He wore his Nike shorts and top which was sticking to him, in turn defining a very nice set of 6 pack and toned arms and legs. His black hair was slightly spikey on the top and some were plastered to his forehead.

Praying to god that he wouldn't see me, I slowly shut the door and as I locked it, he turned and noticed me. God was probably taking a shower or something cause he didn't hear my prayer.

"Hey, Tatiana." he came over. He noticed my car and whistled. 

"Very nice car by the way. You into them?" we started walking a little.

"Thank you, actually I own the whole row of them. Some of them are Mario's but since he's in New York, I.. help maintain them now since I'm here." he had a gobsmacked look on his face for a brief moment.

"Busy day?" he said pointing to my bags.

"Not exactly. Just a little therapy. I live next to an obnoxious neighbor. So I had to get rid of that feeling. Didn't know any other way to cure it." 

"What feeling?" he asked. Oh shit! Did I actually say feeling?! I couldn't tell him that I was feeling confused about him or about the fact that all I could think about was maybe forgiving him. My brain was working in overload so I blurted out.

"Why do you go to a different gym when we have on right here in the building?" I diverted it hoping he would leave it be.

"I injured my back a few years ago. The reason why I couldn't make it into the NBA." he said quietly.

I was shocked at what he had said. I never knew why he didn't get into the league.

"I'm sorry to hear that. For what it's worth, you look much better than you did the last time. You look like you could take on Mario in the NFL." the elevator door opened and that's when I realized that I had said he looked good.

Way to go Tati, fuel his ego even more. I quickly hurried to my door without looking at him.

"Hey, Tati?" Logan said. I forced myself to look at him.

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry I judged the book by its cover." then he entered his place. I stood in the hallway for a solid 3 minutes. 

Great. Just great.

Logan P.O.V

I don't know what she meant when she said I look better now. I didn't know what to even think about her. Her sudden appearance in my life is like a whirlpool. I didn't like her back then, and now I have sudden feelings for her? I didn't want to make it look like I was falling for her looks. Of course, it was that was a factor of it, but to think that she was actually a caring person just made me so damn attracted to her.

I've never had anyone but my parents and sister care for me, and I've never cared for anyone but them. There was only one girl who made me care and that was the girl I turned down the whole fake marriage for. Gina Davis. Head cheerleader and also the girl who slept with the whole basket ball team. My so called best friends.

When I found out what was going on, all they could say was "We thought you were into sharing bro." 

I mean what the f*ck was that? Who shares their girlfriend around with other guys? After that, I got injured and I could never play basketball again. I'll admit, I looked more stick like ish with some lean meat. Now I had more meat on.

After the whole high school drama, I focused on college and running the family business. I went around with many girls and I didn't care about it. They seemed to fall at my feet and I was loving it. That was until Tatiana walked down the runway and into my life. 

I could tell she judged me by the way the girls in the office threw themselves at me. That look said "Still the same bastard you were 5 years ago." To be honest, I didn't like it. I didn't want her thinking of me that way. 

I paced around in the living room thinking if I should go over and try to clear everything out. But I decided against it and took a hot shower. As I put on my board shorts and my UCLA jacket the door bell rang. I ran back down and pulled open the door, only to find the most gorgeous emerald green eyes staring back at me.

"I.. um, I brought you this." she held out what seemed to be a bowl of piping hot apple crumble. 

"Thanks, you could come in, if you want?" I held open the door for her. She smiled a little and I could sense her hesitation, but I was glad that she came in.

"Just thought you might want some dessert. Nice place by the way." she said looking out the glass window.

"Well, yours is exactly the same too. The only difference is I got the view of the city and you got the beach"

"Yeah, I know. I've always loved looking at the lights you know? Somehow.. it's really peaceful. There's this spot in Paris that I always go to. Overlooks everything. I spend hours lost in my thoughts." she said with a smile on her face. She quickly recovered back to her usual facade she put on around me.

"Well, enjoy it." and she began walking out.

"Tatiana, wait. We should talk." I quickly said. 

She turned around and shook her head. "Let's sit down. Come on."

"I'm going to need some wine if you don't mind." she said sitting down on my sofa.

I hurried to the kitchen and opened a bottle and took two long stemmed wine glasses and went back out. I poured her some and there was a moment of silence. It was now or never.

"Let me just start off by saying I'm so sorry that I said those harsh things to you." I went on explaining how much in love I was with Gina and why I turned down the marriage. She didn't say a word. All she did was shake her head then sip her wine and pour more for herself and for me. When I was done talking, she said.

"I guess it's my turn. I'm sorry for judging you too. I didn't know you loved Gina so much. You knew how I looked back then right? I was fat and insecure. I just thought that maybe getting with you, let alone marrying you might get people to like me. Not hate me cause I was fat. Then I learned that I shouldn't be that way, and me being fat was my fault. Of course, your rejection hurt, that's why I moved to New York. Then everything has just happened on its own." she let out a sigh.

"We've both come a long way don't you think?" I asked her quietly.

She shook her head then drank up the last bit of wine. "Well it's late, I better go." she said getting up. If there was one thing I absolutely loved about her, was her legs. She was wearing shorts and a top. The shorts just made her legs look so.. darn sexy. I snapped myself out of those thoughts and followed her to the door.

"So, does this mean we're good?" I asked hoping she's say yes.

"Yes, we are. Don't worry about it anymore." she said looking at me. Her face was so angelic yet had the look of a goddess. Her black her framed her face perfectly and those hypnotizing green eyes made it hard for anyone to look away.

"How about we have breakfast tomorrow?" I said again.

"I can't, I'm sorry. I'm flying off to Barbados for a photoshoot. I'll see you at the airport when we leave for Paris on Tuesday. We're taking daddy's plane right?" she said playing with the hem of her shirt.

"Oh, alright, yeah we are."

"I guess, I'll see you later. Bye."

"Bye." she walked off and I closed the door and leaned against it. Why was I feeling this way all of a sudden?

A/N: Alright! She finally forgave him! Next chapter will be when they're going to Paris. Maybe things will get cozy between them.. and alsoo that's when I bring in the other guy.. hehe ;) Let me know what you think! xx :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 66 16
Quinn Parker moves from coast to coast to pursue her dream of becoming a photographer. Will she find love along the way? Will tragedy strike and the...
244K 5.2K 35
Twenty-year-old Alica Delaurentis was struggling to make it in the big city of New York. Between college, being a single parent, she never had time t...
44.8K 1.9K 41
"Ladies and Gentlemen, thanks for coming to the party we have collected a good amount for the charity. I also would like to say that this party is no...
1.1K 62 33
"You're right. I'm sorry........ Let me make it up to you. How does dinner sound?" He ask charmingly. Is this guy being serious right now? Is he actu...