The Popular Girl

By stephpanda

Looking at him from across the cafeteria my heart just stops. He bites his lower lip slightly as he reads the... More

Chapter 2
CHARACTERS
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (yay!)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50!
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
BASICALLY JUST CUTE SHIT
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER
SURPRISE

The Nerd and the Popular Girl

168K 3K 2K
By stephpanda

A/n - the first couple chapters suck ass. Just keep reading I swear it gets better I'm just too lazy to rewrite them. :/

——

"Im walking on sunshine!"

Oh god no.

"Yeahhhhh! I'm walking on sunshine! And don't it feel good!"

I turn slowly and see my phone buzzing on my nightstand. The snooze button seems tempting but I guess I have to look some what presentable the first day of school, I mean it is my senior year. I better make the most of it.

As I turn my annoying alarm off and drag myself out of bed I make my way to my sink and wait for the water to warm up. I rub my drowsiness off and look at the mirror. I shutter back in disgust, I grab my towel turning off the tap water and turn on the shower instead.

The beads of warm water heat me up and soothe my aches in my lower back, "Elizabeth! Hurry sweetie!" My mother pounds on my bathroom door and I quickly finish up.

"Coming mom" I yell back. I throw my hair up in a towel while I put on my jeans. I check the time and curse.

I'm always late.

I take my hair out of the towel and brush out my hair. "Hurry up hurry up..." I quickly mumble to myself as I add winged eyeliner and a coat of mascara. I add a little color to my face by putting on my favorite blush and add some chap stick.

As I take one last look at myself in my big mirror I rush off down stairs. My mom is dressed in her usual uniform for her job. "Looking good madre." I kiss her cheek and she throws me an apple while I grab my keys.

"Just don't be late the first day of school. Drive safe!" She yells, but I'm already out the door.

Once arriving at my destination I get my things and lock my car. My stomach rumbles. I really should have eaten something more then an apple for breakfast. I walk towards the main doors and see the usual group of jocks look me up and down. "Assholes." I whisper.

I smile slightly as I open the front doors.

"Welcome to hell everyone!" I yell while walking inside. People face me and laugh slightly.

"Liz! Love your shirt today!"

"And your makeup is spot on!"

"What type of jeans are those?"

I walk away from the crowd and go to my locker which happens to be next to..

"Hey bitch!"

I sigh as I look at Ashley Grey. "Ash get the fuck away from my locker. Por favor. Move." I shove her away and she pouts.

"GIVE ME ATTENTION!" She yells making people stare at her. Goodness gracious this woman. I hug her slightly and she calms down.

"You better now sweetheart?" I question her. She sniffles slightly.

"Yeah.." She smiles at me.

"Ok.." I smile as well and then push her, "Good." She falls slightly and I laugh, she just huffs while staring into space possibly planning my death.

You all must be confused but that's Ashley shes my best friend, and is also a little psycho, and can be inappropriate at times.. Ok all the time.

She's been my friend the second she moved down the street from me. We connected instantly and have been best friends since, I can't imagine my life without her now. She's been there for me through it all.

"So guess what?" She shuts her locker and glares at me, "We have a 'first day of school test' in pre cal to see if we actually learned shit from last year and I already know I'm going to fail.." She threw her arms up in the air. "I swear I might as well just be a stripper!"

I laugh as I see people staring at her weirdly. "Relax you'll do fine," I tell her while closing my locker.

"Easy for you to say you're smart. I'm not!" Says the one that's in almost every AP class.

"Ash I think we can both agree that.."

I glance at the end of the hallway and see Aiden Parker suddenly enter through the main doors, him and I used to be close friends in elementary. We stopped talking when I got to middle school, I was going through a rough time and I sort of.. left him. Guilt soon seeped its way into my lungs and I turn looking away.

I always had feelings for him, of course I never told him because well, I was a stupid girl. Everything about him is perfect. Except for the fact that people think someone like me could never date someone like him.

I guess they're right, he deserves better than me. He deserves the best.. 

Ash stares at me and looks to see what has caught my eye. When she sees him she immediately has a huge smirk on her face. She's the only person that knows about my true feelings for him.

I grab her arm and pull her away, "come on let's get to class.."

Walking into Mr. Petersons classroom she immediately confronts me about the situation, "What the hell was that!" Ash half yelled half whispered. I'm getting my notebook out, ready to tell her to mind her own business when some football player joins us.

"So Liz I'm having a party this weekend and was wondering if ya know you would come?" I could tell that his friends had told him to come up and talk to me, I heard the snickers in the back and the "ooos." Guys can be such weirdos sometimes.

"Sure why not" I reply. His face turns a light shade of pink.

"Really? okay the party starts at 8 and so yeah hopefully I see you there and maybe you and I could-"

"Mr. Matthews. Please take your seat." Mr. Peterson walks to his desk and pushes his glasses up to the bridge of his nose.

"Now you all have a warm up on the board, I expect you to do it quietly. No talking!"

Yikes, he's one of those teachers.

---

Lunch came, and I was extremely grateful for the distraction. Its the only time when I can truly be happy, and away from the chaos of what is known as high school. Ashley and I walk to the lunch line and I stack my plate with two slices of pizza, and a muffin.

"Jesus Liz are you gonna eat the whole cafeteria?" Ashely said while laughing.

"Hey! I wanna eat. Then I'll fucking eat!" I said while stuffing my mouth. She shook her head and mumbled a few words. We took are seats at the table we sat at last year, it brought back old memories as I stare at my friends suddenly. I look towards the cheerleaders laughing and then my eyes drift to the football players, most likely discussing about the upcoming season.

I'm not a cheerleader but I am one of the schools best dancers and that's mainly how I got to the top of high school. Everyone wanted to be my friend as soon as they found out I was amazing at something. Long story short here I am running this shit.

Ash and I were discussing the usual when he comes in the cafeteria. The one and only Luke Smith. The guy that everyone wants to date, or everyone wants to be. Yes Luke and I are close pals, but sometimes he pushes my buttons just a tad. He doesn't really get the idea that I see us as friends, in his mind we've most likely fucked twice.

He plops his stuff next to me and smiles, "Sup babe." I look up at him and glare, I've told him multiple times not to call me that. "Hey, what's with the attitude?" He smirks

"I don't have an attitude I'm just not extremely fond of all the pet names Luke." I take a bite of my muffin and Ashley nods her head.

"Babe isn't a pet name."

I roll my eyes. "Actually my aunt had a cat and her name was babe so ha!" Ashley laughs and I giggle at her sudden enthusiasm.

He grabs me and tries to place me on his lap.
"But you love when I call you that.. you wanna come over later"

"Can't I have plans" I say trying to get off. But before I can I meet eyes with Aiden coming into the cafeteria. He stares at me and I swear his eyes light up. Then he looks beside me and sees that I'm on Luke's lap. He glances back at me and walks the other way. Straight into the library. He doesn't turn back. My heart shatters. NO! I'm not with him! Come back! I shove Luke off and stand up.

"Seriously Luke?" I grab my bag and walk out of the cafeteria, just in time the bell rings dismissing everyone to 5th period.

I unlock my cell phone to see the photo I took of my schedule, I see that I have economics and I turn the corner for the rooms with 400's. I find my class and walk inside already seeing multiple students sitting down.

"Hey Liz over here." I look who called me over and smile. Ethan is one of the most athletic human beings I know, not to mention he's a huge sweetheart. I sit next to him. The teacher starts talking after the bell rings about what's to be expected of the school year. I doze off to bummed to listen. Then the door opens. I glance up. I wonder who that- oh god no. Aiden walks into the room. My eyes never leaving him. He hands the teacher a note. He clears his throat and nods

"Take your seat Aiden, I heard many good things about you from your passed teachers," Aiden grins and I nearly die.

I sit up straight trying to keep a bored expression. "Wow the ugly ass nerd is here. He's so pathetic I heard he eats his lunch at the library." An asshole behind me says.

"Hey!" I turn around. "Being a dick doesn't make yours any bigger so shut the fuck up" I practically turn the color of a tomato at how angry he's made me.

Everyone in class turns to me and stares.

"Language Elizabeth!" The teacher yells.

I mumble a sorry to the student and the teacher, the class returns to their chatter as Aiden stares at me. Those perfect lips turn into a smile and he chuckles.

"Good one Lizzy" he turns to a seat in the back and sits down. Holy cheese sticks he talked to me. He smiled to me. Ethan taps my shoulder. He stares at me giving me the "what the fuck" look I then return the "ill explain later" look and he nods his head.

******
The last bell rings and the whole school basically erupts with students talking and laughing, I try to squeeze out of people's way as much as possible but I mean.. I'm only 5'2!

I finally make it into my Jeep and text Ashley to meet me at my place.

I've got loads to tell her.
---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Six By Patrick

Historical Fiction

16K 545 15
'Divorced, beheaded, died; divorced, beheaded, survived." In this way, the six wives of Henry VIII were remembered not for how they lived, but in the...
4M 85.5K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
265K 8K 40
Alexis is in love with her best friend Drew. Just read to find out what happens...
14.8M 384K 74
Sophie and Bryce are known as "the golden couple" at their high school, but everything changes for them when Bryce is diagnosed with cancer. ...