The Only Way Out [Book 2]

By HarrESgirl

"If you want out of this marriage, Harry, the door is right there." "The only way out is together, Bea." *** ... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Welcome Home
Chapter 2 - Knock Knock
Chapter 3 - With My Life
Chapter 4 - Like Heaven
Chapter 5 - Ambitious Kiss
Chapter 6 - Eye Vegetables
Chapter 7 - It's Cold, It's Cold, It's Cold
Chapter 8 - Down, Horsey
Chapter 9 - Two Feet Tall
Chapter 10 - My Hero
Chapter 11 - Tickle Fingers
Chapter 12 - Sing A Silly Song
Chapter 13 - Cuddle Bunny
Chapter 14 - Middle Names
Chapter 15 - Special Time
Chapter 16 - Captain Jack Fellow
Chapter 17 - Dirty Laundry
Chapter 18 - Squeaky Clean
Chapter 19 - Get Around To It
Chapter 20 - Cocky Stinker
Chapter 21 - Absurd Accusation
Chapter 22 - Before My Eyes
Chapter 23 - Mr. & Mrs. Jealous
Chapter 24 - Melted Froyo
Chapter 25 - On My Own
Chapter 26 - Ridiculous Excuse
Chapter 27 - Take A Bullet
Chapter 28 - Sexy Walrus
Chapter 29 - Time Out
Chapter 30 - It's My Fault
Chapter 31 - Just Peachy
Chapter 32 - A Sinking Feeling
Chapter 33 - I Hate Hay Fever
Chapter 34 - Burning Up
Chapter 35 - Big Girl Panties
Chapter 36 - John Hancock
Chapter 37 - Like A Thousand Bucks
Chapter 38 - A Change Of Plans
Chapter 39 - Can Barely Stand
Chapter 40 - Doesn't Change A Thing
Chapter 42 - All The Cookies
Chapter 43 - All Over Again
Chapter 44 - Melted Wallpaper
Chapter 45 - Paint A Picture
Chapter 46 - A Dopey Smile
Chapter 47 - Two-Way Street
Chapter 48 - Make It Four
🎉ExtraordinHARRY News!!🎉
Chapter 49 - Peace And Quiet
Chapter 50 - Sweet Talker
Chapter 51 - Not A Chance
Chapter 52 - Sweet Everythings
Chapter 53 - Rain Check
Chapter 54 - The Shy Card
Chapter 55 - Hang In There
Chapter 56 - Best Idea Ever
Chapter 57 - Tip Of The Iceberg
Chapter 58 - Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 59 - Don't Hang Up
Chapter 60 - A Living Hell
Chapter 61 - Because Of Me
Chapter 62 - Tiny Heartbeat
Chapter 63 - A Sharp Knife
Chapter 64 - Enough Time
Chapter 65 - Can't Take It Anymore
Chapter 66 - Scattered Fragments
Chapter 67 - Lost Eyes
Chapter 68 - Drunken Confession
Chapter 69 - Uncomfortable Silence
Chapter 70 - The Only Way Out
Chapter 71 - Always Be My Somebody
Chapter 72 - Not The End
Super Duper Exciting News!

Chapter 41 - DEFCON Two

2.2K 154 253
By HarrESgirl

***Harry's POV

"I gotta pee so bad," Bea says, pulling back the hospital sheet.

"Let me help you, Love," I offer with my hands held out for hers.

"No," she pouts, swatting them away. "I can do it myself."

"Beatrice," Lauren chides from across the room, "let Harry help you. You're still a little loopy from the pain relievers and I don't want you to fall again."

"No, Mom. He'll see my-" Bea pauses, glancing at me then her mum before bringing her hand to her mouth, "vajayjay."

My eyes widen in shock and I look at my mother-in-law completely mortified.

"Oh, sweetie, he's seen it plenty of times," she says, returning her gaze to her phone and I look at Bea.

I swear, if I didn't love you.

"You have?" Bea whispers, looking up at me with wide eyes and I nod.

"Yes," I awkwardly clear my throat. "I promise I won't look, Bea, just let me help you."

"Oh, alright," she dramatically sighs.

After I put Bea's sandals on her feet, I take her hands in mine and carefully help her sit on the edge of the bed.

"Are you okay?" I ask, placing my hands on her shoulders to hold her steady.

"Lemme stay here for a sec," she exhales a long breath, closing her eyes and she reaches for her neck. "Can I take this off now?"

"Not yet, Love," I say, gently taking her hand to kiss it. "The doctor said to leave it on until we get home, remember?"

"Oh, oh yeah," she sighs, opening her eyes to mine. "Okay, I'm ready."

"On three," I say, placing my hands under her arms. "One, two, three."

With some struggle, I help Bea stand up, holding most of her weight as she leans into me with our arms wrapped around each other. We stay like this for a few seconds until she becomes familiar with standing after being in the bed for almost three hours.

"Are you ready to start walking, Love?" I quietly ask, gently rubbing her back in small circles.

"Mhm, yeah, let's get this over with," she says and I press a kiss to her hair.

"Okay, I've got you," I remind my wife as I move to stand beside her.

I wrap my arm behind her back and we start taking small steps towards the loo. I hear Lauren giggle quietly behind us, but I don't think anything of it. Making sure my wife doesn't fall again is my priority.

Maybe she saw something funny on her newsfeed. I do post some funny shit.

"I'm cold, Harry," Bea says as I open the door to the loo and it dawns on me why Lauren was giggling.

I look behind Bea and grin.

"You've just mooned your mum."

"What?" Bea gasps and immediately giggles. "Sorry, Mom."

Lauren's laughter fades as I close the door behind us just enough to give us privacy and I help Bea walk over to the toilet. After getting her settled on the raised toilet seat, I stay there. She's still too wobbly from the pain killers and I'd hate for her to lose her balance and fall again.

The last few drops echo into the fairly large space that has an open shower area and the image of Bea falling flashes in my brain. As I tear off some toilet paper, I internally scold myself once again for not checking on her at home.

"Do you want to do it, Love?" I ask, preparing myself if she needs me to help.

"Yeah," she takes the toilet paper and looks up at me with worried eyes.

"I'm not leaving you in here alone, but I'll close my eyes."

She sighs and I do as I told her I would.

And I hear her grunt.

Oh. Okay. This is awkward. Should I give her privacy? God, this must be embarr-

"I'll understand if you want to divorce me after this."

My eyes shoot open in shock because I can't believe what I just heard. The look on her face is utterly pitiful and the tears streaming down her cheeks prove to me that she thinks I would actually do something that absurd.

In between letting her body do what it's naturally supposed to do, Bea apologizes with tears streaming down her cheeks.

I have to remind myself that this is probably just the pain killers talking because never in our four-and-a-half years of marriage have either of us breathed out that 'D' word.

It's not allowed in our vocabulary.

In fact, it doesn't even exist.

As the air in the loo quickly becomes unpleasant, I lift my hands to gently cup her cheeks and I look in her shiny blue eyes.

"I love you and I'm in love with you, Beatrice Emelia Styles and I would never divorce you at all, much less because of this," I say, wiping away fresh tears with my thumbs. "Please don't ever say that again, Love."

My wife begins to sob and I let her.

All sorts of emotions must be flooding her right now and after such a long and terrifying day, I feel like crying as well.

"I love you so so much, Harry," she whispers and I lean down to kiss her forehead, smiling when I hear a steady stream. "Um...I'm done now."

I stand back up and turn to the side to give her as much privacy as I can while still being within arms reach if she needs me.

I hear the toilet flush and I turn to face Bea. After the count of three, I help her stand, holding back my smirk when I realize she's only holding onto me with her left hand; her clean hand.

My considerate wife.

"Guess what, Love?" I ask as I help her over to the sink and she hums in acknowledgment. "Pretty soon we'll be home with our kids, and then, we'll be in our own bed all nice and warm and cuddling until we fall asleep. How does that sound?"

"Wonderful," Bea dreamily says and I hand her a paper towel. "I miss sleeping with you."

"Me too, Love," I wink at my girl, wrapping my arm around her waist and we make our way back into the room.

I close the door to the loo behind us and breathe in the fresh air while smiling fondly at my wife.

I don't know what you ate this morning, Love, but that was the last time.

"Will you help me get dressed, Harry?"

"Yeah, of course I will," I kiss her cheek and help her sit down on the edge of the bed. "Lauren, where's the bag you brou-" I pause when I realize that she's crying. "Lauren, are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine," she waves off my concern with a smile and she wipes away a tear. "What did you need?"

"Bea's clothes," I say and she's quick to pick up the bag on the tray table and bring it to me.

"Here, sweetie. Her undergarments and socks are in there as well."

I thank her with a smile and she walks back over to her chair. For some reason, I feel like there's something wrong, but I don't want to bring it up in front of Bea. Lord knows she's fragile right now and I don't want her to worry.

As I take Bea's clothes out of the bag, I decide to inconspicuously praise my mother-in-law.

Everyone likes to feel appreciated. Plus, I'll get Son-In-Law Points. I can never have too many of those.

"Y'know, Love," I smile at Bea as I begin to dress her, "while you were having the test done, your mum went back to the house to get you new clothes."

"Really? That's so sweet," she says with a quivery chin and the water works start. "Thank you so much, Mom."

And I hear Lauren sniff again.

Well, shit. I can't handle both women crying. It's like DEFCON Two.

"Good evening," a chipper voice sounds in the room and I can't bloody thank whoever it is enough. "I'm Crystal and I'll be preparing our lovely patient so she can go home."***

A/N: Fluffball chapter #1

Vote and/or Comment if you want to see Harry naked! (Idk...I just like seeing those votes notifs show on my phone.)

And ya'll...I'm stupid...I thought it was 'Death Con' before I Googled it! 😂😂😂

Much Love.
❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Insecure By Shyla

Fanfiction

1.6M 47.2K 107
Sara Andrews has always had image issues but now that she's a senior in high school everything seems to be falling apart around her. When she finally...
422K 17K 68
"It's always been you, Phoenix. You are the one who makes me the happiest. Just being in the same room as you gives me god damn butterflies. Hearing...
28.7K 971 37
Sixth in the LOVED Series They all return to Hogwarts to re-live one more year of school. But the golden five has expanded! The two rival houses have...
281K 11.2K 32
"Harry, we exist in two completely different worlds." "What if I want to exist in your world?" *** I was fine with being single but when love swept m...