Dauntless life (sequel to Tri...

By TMIdivergent3

SEQUEL TO TRIS PEDRAD Claire Eaton is finally a teenager. Being the eldest of five kids she wasn't exactly ex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Epilogue

Chapter 46

149 7 3
By TMIdivergent3

"I thought the party was going to be at your parents?" Carter asks as I check my phone.

"They just texted me," I look up at him. "It's now in the Pit."

After we got back to his place from our date we just laid on the coach. He was messing with my hair which made me really tired. He also made sure that I put the necklace he got me on. It's gorgeous, but I don't want to ruin it. You ever know with my family. Carter changed into some khaki shorts and and a red t-shirt. I put on some black leggings and a purple t-shirt. He told me I could wear whatever I wanted, even though I told him I probably shouldn't wear this.

"Well lets go then," he says and grabs my hand.

"For someone who didn't want a party," I say and raise an eyebrow.

"No, I just don't want to deal with Kim if we are late," he chuckles which makes me laugh.

"You could just run," I suggest as he locks he door, "I mean she can't really chase after you right now."

"That would piss her off even more," he rolls his eyes, "when is their wedding again?"

"November 8th," I tell him. They wanted to get married after the baby is born. They also decided on a name but won't tell anyone. I'm her best friend, I think I deserve to know.

We then walk in silence. He swings our arms which makes me giggle and a smile makes it's way to his face. I'm lucky to have him as my boyfriend now. Wait, that means I have to tel my dad. Oh boy we all know how it went last time. I mean Blake and I never technically said we were dating but my dad still kicked him out of our house. I shake the memory away and realize we are at the pit. Carter pushes open the doors and we go in. My family, Carter's, K and Robbie, plus all his I initiation friends are here. As we walk through everyone tells him happy birthday.

"I feel like a kid," he mumbles to me.

"You're still a teenager," I smile and he rolls his eyes.

"Mom got a lot of food, you can get some if you'd like," I tell him and he nods.

"Do you want anything?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Wait, what about my dad?"

"You want me to ask your dad if he's hungry?" Carter questions and I laugh.

"No I meant we have to tell him about us," I whisper.

"Don't worry he already know," then Carter leaves with a smirk.

"Wait what?" I call after him. I run up next to him and he still has a smirk on his face.

"I asked your dad if it would be okay to be your boyfriend," he shrugs.

"Seriously?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah I felt it was better than to just surprise your dad with the news," he explains.

"Way to think things through," I laugh and he shakes his head.

"Sissy!" Dylan is running towards me with a little box.

"What do you have?" I ask him as he stops in front of me.

"Present for Carter," he smiles and holds the box to me.

I place the box in the ground and open it up. St first I'm shocked but it's so cute. "A puppy?"

"Yeah mommy said it was from da family," he smiles and points to the puppy. "Carder wook!"

Carter sets his drink down on the table and kneels next to me, "a dog?"

"Gift from my family," I laugh and take the puppy out of the box, "now you get to name it."

He smiles and kisses the top of my head, "I honestly don't have a clue."

"Mommy got a weash for him," Dylan says holding it up to me. He's already got a red collar on so I attach the leash to it. I set the little puppy on the ground and smile as it looks up at us confused. It's eyes are so blue!

"Tucker," Carter says and I give him a weird look. "the dog."

"Oh that's adorable," I smile. Dylan keeps petting him and I laugh. "How about you and Carter go play with him."

"Yeah! Come on Carder!" Dylan cheers grabbing on to Carter's hand. Carter smiles and takes the leash from my hands.

"See you in a bit Cupcake," he says and kisses my cheek.

As they walk to an open area I hear Dylan say that I'm not a cupcake. I giggle before I go over to mom and dad. They are just talking to themselves near the door. Everyone else seems to be getting along though. Jackson and Skye are playing tag or some sort of game. Henry and Colin convinced mom to bring their girlfriends. Jacob and Jaden are talking to Robbie and K. Keiynan has made his way over to Carter and Dylan.

"Hey munchkin," dad says as I give him a hug.

"Hey dad," I say, "hi mom."

"That's a gorgeous necklace Claire," mom says holding it between her fingers.

"Oh, uh thank you," I blush and grin.

"Did Carter give it to you?" She asks with a knowing look.

"Yeah," I smile.

"I'm glad you're happy munchkin," dad tells me while putting an arm around my shoulders.

"I'm glad I am too dad," I laugh.

"So I'm guessing he did ask," mom interjects.

"Yeah just at lunch," I reply and my cheeks heat up once again.

"Speaking of lunch Blake was looking for you," mom says and dads grip on my shoulder tightens.

Dad was never a fan of me actually forgiving Blake. Which also means he doesn't like that I'm friends with him again. Usually I'll see Blake for lunch at the mall or something, cause I don't want to deal with my dad in the cafeteria.

"I'll text him," I say with a nod. "Also you got Carter a dog?"

"It was his idea," mom says pointing at dad.

"Carter said he likes animals, when he was younger he had a dog," dad tries to defend himself.

"Only you would know that," I laugh with my mom.

"Why don't you go over with Carter sweetheart," mom says, "might as well have the dog get used to you know."

I roll my eyes but hug both of my parents. I go over to Carter who is sitting on the ground watching as the dog chases Keiynan and Dylan.

"It's weird how much Dylan looks like Jackson," Carter says as I sit next to him. "The only difference is the hair"

"Keiynan and my father are the same," I laugh, "then of course the twins."

"Do you look like you mom or dad," he says looking at me, "Caleb and Elizabeth I mean."

"Oh, I get told by family that I look like my dad," I say, "they come on random visits, you should get to meet them soon."

"Most people only have to worry about one set of parents," he jokes and I roll my eyes.

"Well I have double protecting me," I retort and he laughs.

"You have a lot of people that protect you Claire," he says and wraps his arm around me. "Thanks for having this party. It's nice to spend time with your brothers."

"You have to talk with everyone else still," I laugh, "I'm sorry you have to meet Gigi."

"Who is that exactly?" He asks.

"Colin's girlfriend," I tell him, "Blair, Henry's girlfriend, is much nicer."

"It'll be fine," Carter says and looks back at the boys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 7.2K 59
Tris Pedrad has two brothers. Zeke, who is two years older and Uriah, her twin. Of course they both are the annoying, protective older brother type...
31.8K 1.8K 47
Second book is now up on Wattpad! "One Choice." [DISCONTINUED] - Sorry || In the last book of The Divergent Series, Allegiant, Tris doesn't die. She...
8K 108 44
FOURTRIS!!are in a relationship in this version of the story All characters belong to Veronica Roth (Who I am going to kill after reading Allegaint f...
5.1K 234 33
Divergent fan fic. WARNING, this is my first thing I have written on Wattpad so it probably isn't that good idk. This is one of those Divergent no Wa...