❝ You're my angel ❞ ↬ Sasuke...

By hana-mi

♰ ιғ angelѕ are мeanт тo proтecт oтнerѕ, тнen wнo wιll proтecт тнeм? ♰ In the world of Shinobi, death is alwa... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Christmas Special!
Chapter Twenty I
Chapter Twenty II
Chapter Twenty III
Chapter Twenty IV
Chapter Twenty V
Chapter Twenty VI
Chapter Twenty VII
Chapter Twenty IX
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Twenty VIII

2.7K 90 5
By hana-mi

Hanami Tenshi

"Hana...chan...?"

My heart thumped, hearing the oh so familiar voice.

The very boy who was my first friend, my comrade, my number one supporter.

He who I know will probably be very disappointed meeting me like this.

I got up from my current position, while the two kids hid behind my legs.

"You're Hana-chan right? I'm not mistaken right?"

Naruto's voice wavered, still not believing that the female in front of him was the girl he respected most.

"It's been a while hasn't it, Naruto."

I could not help but let a soft smile escaped upon my lips as my gaze met his blue orbs.

In an instance, air was knocked out of my lungs when he crashed his body against mine, wrapping those strong arms around my build. It's weird, seeing the sudden change of how a year and a half can do to someone close to me.

He's much taller now,
stronger, and I didn't get to witness how.

"I've missed you."

Though his head was buried against my shoulder, I could still hear his muffled words.

Hesitantly, I wrapped my arms around him, with one hand ruffling his soft locks.

Though I pulled him away after a while, and that was when his gaze dropped to the coat I'm wearing.

"Hana-chan, you're with Akatsuki...?"

I bit my bottom lips, seeing the frown on his lips.

"How have you been Naruto?"
I asked gently, my fingers tracing the outline of his face, as if i had forgotten how he looked like. Well, perhaps he really did change a lot from the little prankster kid whom i knew worked harder than anyone in the the village.

"I trained with jiraya-sensei and we just got back not long. Sakura was under tsunade-old hag and gaara became kazakage!"

"That's great Naruto. You've grown well."

"Hana-chan...why are you with the Akatsuki?"

"I guess i didn't have a choice?"

"Then why didn't you escape? You're strong Hana-chan!!"

My lips parted, but nothing came out of it.

Why didn't I...?

I mean, I might have a few chances to just get away...I mean would they even haunt me down? Yeah. Maybe i just didn't want them to chase after me. Yeah that's it.

Or...I just didn't want to go back to the place I didn't belong.

"I guess I just wanted to become stronger."
I shrugged again, while his frown deepened.

"I know what you'll say Naruto. But Konoha won't give me the result I've achieved today, in a short period of time."

"But you're already so strong..."
He muttered under his breath, as I chuckled.

"I'm not Naruto. I never was. You however, are much stronger than me."
I patted his shoulders, though his arm was automatically placed onto his tummy.

"You have the power to influence others, bringing those who wronged to do the right thing in the end and because you've been through so much, you just become stronger and stronger."

I paused, feeling a mixture of emotions I can't described rushing in my veins.

"You don't have to fear what's in you, Naruro. No one understands you more than yourself, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

I stepped back, turning back to the two kids who were obviously confused and lost.

"Now, should I bring you guys back to your village?"

"Hana-chan. You can't, I need to bring them back to Konoha."

I turned back, watching Naruto scratching the back of his head.

"Is it a mission?"

"Yes"

"Okay, do what you must."

I started to make my way back to the hideout when I felt a hand on my wrist, pulling me back.

"Can't you...come back to Konoha with us?"

My heart ached, and I must admit. I do miss everyone there, and I would love to go back but I can't.

I've already been with the Akatsuki for a year. I've already aided them with the kidnapping of the four-tailed demon. I'm already a criminal, and I can't shame the village with my sins.

"I'm sorry Naruto...I can't just leave with you like that."

"Why? Why Hana-chan?! Don't you miss everyone? Everyone was so worried about you and we were all looking for you! Shikamaru blamed himself for not being able to stop you, and he never stop doing missions after missions..."

Shikamaru...you idiot.

"Why can't you just come back to us Hana-chan?"

"NARUTO! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Sakura's loud voice was just around the corner and I knew I had to leave fast.

"I'm sorry. Promise you'll not tell anyone about this, and I'll meet you again when I can."

Naruto hesitated for a moment, but nodded his head depressingly in the end.

"Till we meet again Naruto."
Giving him a small hug, I then teleported away before Sakura appeared.

Third Person

"Where the fuck have you been?!"

Hanami dodged the incoming weapon Hidan threw, before appearing behind him a kunai in hand.

Hidan turned to face her, before realizing the blood dripping down from his left cheek.

"Tch. We have training today and you're fucking late!"
He groaned, flinging his weapon back to his hand.

"Judging from everyone being present here, you guys probably just finished sealing. Which also means, I'm right on time."

A huge tick mark formed on his head as he clenched his fingers around his weapon, getting ready for another swing when all of a sudden, Hanami fell forward.

Before her body could touch the ground, Itachi caught her in his arms.

Beads of perspiration trailed from her forehead, while her chest rose and fell in what looks like an agonizing state.

Visible cuts started to form on her arms and legs, and unlike before, her lips became paler.

Those who have seen her abilities, knew that she must have used her special clone jutsu. Her clone, unlike any other normal jutsu, isn't just made of chakra. It's like she split herself into half, and therefore, whenever her clone received damage, she too will experience it after she undo the jutsu.

"Who were you fighting?"

Their leader's voice echoed in the silent cave, as she struggled to stand with Itachi's support.

"Just...an old comrade..."
A loose smirk graced upon her lips.

Closing her eyes, she activated Gin to heal herself, gradually recovering from the wounds caused by someone she never knew she would meet this soon.

"Your training will still resume after you've finish healing yourself. And tomorrow night, you'll go bring back the one tailed with Deidara and Sasori."

Her eyes widened upon hearing the next demon she'll have to bring back. Chewing on the insides of her cheek, she bowed, muttering a soft yes.

She knew she might have to face her friends someday, but this soon, she didn't know how to feel honestly.

Though she knew, deep down in her heart that one day, she'll have to capture Naruto for the organization. Will she be able to continue ignoring her feelings by then?

Itachi brought her to her room, a comfortable silent fell upon the two.

"who were you fighting to put you in that state?"

Itachi had his guesses, but he didn't want to assume.

"someone you know all too well"

Her lips was pressed into a thin smile, one that looked as if she was holding back her tears.

FLASHBACK

"Come on out. I know you have been following me for a while."

The leaves rustled as four covered-up sound nins appeared around her. They all wore similar outfits that she knew all too well.

No words were exchanged as she charged towards them with three other regular clones, each taking one opponent.

It didn't take long before they were lying on the ground with their pulse still faintly throbbing.

As she was about to leave, a familiar chakra signature stopped her in her tracks.

'First Naruto, and now him? Whoever is doing this must really love toying with my life.'
She thought with a sigh.

She made a clone out of herself by activating Kin, before setting off towards the hideout by masking her remaining chakra.

"Hana...mi?"

Taking a deep breath, she mastered up whatever energy she had left to control her emotions as she turned around.

She lavender orbs were met with his red sharingan, but that wasn't all that she saw. She could feel confusion and anger swirling in that eyes which perhaps might have already seen that all that was in front of him was a mere clone despite the realness in it.

His hands were curled up in a ball of fist; so many questions were swirling in his mind, he didn't even know where to start.

Yet, as if on impulse, he rushed forward with his sword drawn from his back. Electricity sparkled around his weapon while Hanami used her own kantana to blocked his incoming attack.

Now they were merely inches apart, with both their swords separating the distance they never thought they'll have it happen this soon.

His eyes were fixed onto hers, searching for the answers he wished will be different from what he had heard. Hoping this was all a dream and he'll wake up in the dark room at the base of that disgusting snake.

Yet, he knew that wasn't the case. And it made him die a little on the inside since he had already planned the route so well in his head, he didn't expect for her to ruin it at all.

Out of all the words that struggled to surface between them, his mouth parted to form a word that had unconsciously left his lips.

"Why?"

"Because it's better this way."

Anger surged through his veins in such a quick motion, he gripped tightened went back and forth with the clashing of their swords.

"Why did you leave Konoha?! You were suppose to stay there and live a peaceful life!"

she said nothing in reply.

"I'm going to kill Orochimaru after i obtained the power i needed from him. Then, i'll have my revenge! That's all it is in the equation so why are you messing up my plan!"

He swung at her hard, barely allowing her to dodge that attack, as it slice her right cheek.

Blood seeped from the fresh wound, but stopped when her eyes changed to shades of silver-grey.

"What good will it do after you have your revenge?"

"I'll bring peace to those people who had been killed under that mere reason of trying to see how far he could go!"

"Will it?"

Sasuke gritted his teeth, not believing the words that left her lips.

She had always been supporting him when they were a team so why is she not now?

"Sasuke, my whole clan was killed under the hands of the very man you are seeking power from right now. They died for the village, for the people i hardly got to associate with and if i say i wasn't angry, that would be a lie. If i say i didn't want revenge, that would also be a lie."

Her arms dropped to her sides, eyes reflecting the tiredness he had never seen from those lavender orbs.

"After the third hokage's death, i thought perhaps if i didn't leave his side, he might've still be around now. Yet, a part of me laughed at those people who were attending the funeral. That part of me silently cheered for their loss because they deserved it for being the reason why I was alone."

With a ghost of smile, tears streamed down her already healed cheeks.

"but you know what Sasuke? I did not feel the satisfaction i thought i would feel from those thoughts. Instead, i felt more grieve than anyone else standing in front of his coffin. Why?"

His eyes widened, heart throbbing at the sight of her breaking down in front of him. Was their reunion suppose to be like this?

"Why? Because no matter how big or how grave their mistakes were, they are still living their life as it is. People still move on from it. If i tell everyone in the village how because of them i lost all those that are precious to me, they will sympathize and that's it. No one would dwell upon the fact that they probably ruined my entire childhood and spent the rest of their life paying it back to me. No one. Not even you."

Her words stung his heart knowing that he was also one of the people her villagers sacrificed their life for.

"You should go back to Konoha and start anew. All you ever did was leave the village and trained under Orochimaru, your punishment won't be much."

"Turn around now before it's too late..."
She muttered under her breath that goes unheard by the male who now was consumed by the whispers of those memories that haunted him since he was a child.

Without a word, he sprung towards her with the thought of bringing her with him. If Konoha didin't bring know she joined the Akatsuki, it would be better to have her left the village to be with him instead.

As the fight heated up to it's climax, Hanami let his sword pierced through her sides, as she gripped onto his hand tightly, not letting go.

"I'm sorry Sasuke...but I can't undo the sins i've done."

Blood trailed from the corner of her lips as her body slowly evaporated to tiny golden dusts.

Though what she did not see was the fear that had took over his heart, having to think that she almost died in the hands on his own; the very same hand he ached to caress the softness of her cheeks and telling her everything will be okay.

but will it...?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.5K 3.9K 14
SasuNaru fanfic. Modern-ish AU. Light KakaIru. Light ItaDei. In Naruto's world, finding your soul mate is everything, because that means you're not a...
51.6K 2.9K 48
con·tri·tion (kən-trĭsh′ən) n. Sincere remorse for wrongdoing; repentance Convicted murderer Itachi Uchiha wanted nothing more than to leave his pas...
297K 9.5K 42
❝𝐁𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐘𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫, (𝐲/𝐧).❞ ❝𝐘𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫?❞ ❝𝐌𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡.❞ 𝐘𝐚𝐫𝐫...
39K 1.4K 36
Book 2 of the Naruto x Reader story! They thought that the worst of things had passed, and they could go about living their life to the fullest and a...