Best I Ever Had (Sequel)

By AnonTheWriter5H

Sequel to Final Five. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 51
New Story!

Chapter 14

4.2K 160 35
By AnonTheWriter5H

Your POV

"Welcome guys." Ally smiled as she opened the door for me and Lauren.

I smiled as she greeted us both with hugs. Lauren handed her a bottle of wine as we made our way into their house. I could see that almost everyone had already arrived and gathered mostly in the kitchen and living room.

We decided as a group to have Thanksgiving at Ally and Jason's again this year because well Ally was the only real cook in the group. After this we would all be heading our different directions for the rest of the holidays, Lauren and I having decided on going out to Miami to spend some time with her family.

Most people were wither watching football in the living room or stood in the kitchen talking while Ally and my brother continued cooking. I could easily see that everyone was already enjoying themselves.

"Y/N, How are you feeling?" Shawn smiled as he walked up to me. "Can I get you a beer or something?"

"A water would be nice." I nodded following behind him and standing at the island in the middle of the kitchen as I watched him poor the drink.

"I never seen you turn down a beer before." He stated handing me the glass and picking up his own.

"Alcohol and pain meds don't mix all to well." I replied taking a sip from my glass.

"Right." He nodded in realization. "So what are your Christmas plans?"

"We're going out to Miami for a couple weeks to spend it with Lauren's family." I answered. "What about you?"

"I think Camila wants to go to her family's for Christmas then mine for New Years." He smiled. "It's going to be weird not being home on Christmas Day."

"I'd say." I nodded with him. "Maybe we'll cross paths in Miami."

"That would be cool." He agreed. "Maybe you can stop her father from killing me."

"He's harmless." I laughed. "Unless you hurt one of his daughters." I added. "Oh wait you did."

"Shut up dude." He gave me a warning glare to which I just laughed. "I was very stupid then."

"Then." I repeated causing him to punch my arm. "You're lucky I didn't kill you myself."

"Aunt Y/N!" I heard Ryan yell causing me to look in his direction as he was running toward me.

"Hey buddy!" I cheered slowly turning to face him as he was now stood in front of me. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing, Masons sleeping and Daddy's busy watching football with Nick and Uncle Mike." He frowned. "But you're here now!"

"I am." I agreed with a smile. "Did you go see Aunt Lauren yet?"

"She's here?!?" He questioned excitedly looking around the room.

"Over there." I smiled as he took off running toward my fiancée.

I watched as he tapped her on the back and she turned around smiling at him as she got down to his height. She tickled is sides as they both laughed and she spoke to him for a while before giving him a small kiss on the cheek and standing up as he took off in the other direction. I smiled as she looked over to meet my gaze, returning the smile before continuing her conversation with Dinah.

"She's going to be a great mom." Ally smiled standing next to me as she noticed what I had been looking at.

"What?" I questioned taking aback a little.

"Haven't you guys had that conversation?" She asked she cut up a few more carrots next to me and Shawn. "She's going to want to have kids."

"Oh yeah." I nodded glancing at Lauren who was still laughing with Dinah. "We talked about it a few times."

"Camila's brought it up a few times too." Shawn nodded with a small smile.

"Have you guys talked about names yet?" I asked Ally as she was still next to me.

"Not really." She shook her head. "Jason likes Jack and April but we haven't really decided anything."

"Come on Ally you've thought about it too." Shawn grinned. "You've got a few ideas too."

"I like the name Arizona but that might be because someone talked me into watching Greys." She glanced at me with a smirk.

"I'm not going to apologize." I smiled and sipped my drink.

"Aunt Y/N." I felt a soft tugging on my sweater and turned to look at Mason.

"Hello again." I smiled down at him as Ally went back to the stove.

"Will you please play with me?" He asked with the cutest little sad face ever.

"What did you wanna play?" I asked as he smiled at my response.

"Can we play tag?" He asked excitedly jumping up and down. "Uncle Jason plays outside with me."

"I don't think tags a good idea buddy." I frowned though my leg has gotten better I still can't walk great let alone run.

"Why not?" He asked pouting causing my heart to break. "You said you would play with me next time."

"I'm sorry buddy." I frowned. "But I can't play tag my legs hurt."

"I'll play with you?" Shawn asked giving me a knowing look. "Is that okay?"

"That's awesome!" Ryan cheered grabbing the older guys hand and pulling him away, easily forgetting about me.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I hate not being able to do the things I used to be able to do, like playing with my nephews. It's not a nice feeling when you want nothing more then to do something and being physically unable to do it.

-------------------------------
Lauren's POV

I haven't seen my fiancée in a while. She was over talking to Shawn and Ally but that was a while ago. I checked the living room and she wasn't in there either. I walked back into the kitchen and glanced around again before spotting Camila.

"Have you seen Y/N?" I asked as I walked over to her.

"No." She answered putting a chip in her mouth. "Have you tried this dip? It's amazing."

"Yeah, it is good." I agreed before continuing my search for my fiancée.

I went back into the living room and over to the window when I spotted Shawn, Ashley and Normani outside chasing Mason around. I opened the sliding door and walked out, I turned to my left and there was Y/N sat in the swing watching them.

"Hey." I smiled making my way over and sitting next to her.

"Hey." She replied as she continued playing with her fingers and watching the people running around in front of her.

I looked out into the yard to see Shawn, Ashley and Normani playing tag with Ryan. The small boy running around laughing as they were all trying to catch him. I smiled at the sight before glancing back to my fiancée who looked deep in thought.

"Are you okay?" I asked watching as she closed her eyes for a moment to stop a tear from falling.

"I'm fine." She lied looking anywhere but my face. "Little headache that's all."

"Did you want to take something for it?" I asked knowing the headache probably wasn't a lie. "I have some Advil in my purse? Or the meds your doctor gave you? "

When she didn't answer I stood up and started toward the door of the house to get something for her to take. I felt her hand grab my wrist as she pulled me back to sit next to her. She looked at me for a moment before speaking.

"I don't need any more pills." She stated as her eyes wondered over my face. "I already took one before we came."

"Then what can I do?" I asked.

It was quite again as she looked back out into the yard before looking back to me. She frowned for a moment before looking back down toward our intertwined fingers. I watched her for a while as I waited for whatever she was trying to say.

"I just..." She paused and shook her head. "Never mind it's nothing. I shouldn't complain."

"Babe, what's going on?" I asked forcing her to meet my gaze. "Just talk to me."

"I need someone to treat me like normal." She stated pulling away. "Just for a minute, like nothing ever happened."

"What do you mean?" I asked. "Nobody's treating you any different?"

"Lauren." She shook her head and let out a sigh. "Everybody is, you, Camila, Shawn, my siblings, even your parents when they call. It's like if anyone makes a wrong move I'll snap."

"What?" I asked again. "I'm not treating you any different than I did before."

"You really don't see it?" She asked in disbelief. "Are you serious?"

She didn't give me a chance to respond as she grabbed my hand and stood up. She picked up her cane and lead me around to the side of the house that the cars were parked on. I was now stood next to the house as she looked at me from a short distance.

"What..." I started but I was cut off by the feeling of her lips crashing onto mine.

She kissed me roughly as I felt my back hit the side of the house. I was shocked for a moment before I pulled away for air and felt her strong gaze on me once again. As she looked deep into my eyes once again looking for something before quickly kissing me again.

"Y/N..." I pulled away and looked at her confused. "What are you doing?"

"There it is." She shook her head.

"There's what?" I asked watching as she backed up a bit.

"That look on your face." She answered gesturing toward me. "It's not the way you used to look at me."

"No." I shook my head now. "That's not true."

"It is Lauren." She raised her voice a little. "Ever since I woke up you've had the same look on your face. Like one wrong move will break or some how mange to hurt me." She paused. "Even the way you act now. It's like you're not my fiancée but my babysitter."

"That's not true." I shook my head. "You don't know what it was like, you were so fragile."

"Do you even want to touch me anymore?" She asked catching me off guard. "Like you used to or am I to damaged now?"

I didn't know how to respond so I just looked at her. After a moment she gave me a sad smile and nodded before heading back toward the back yard. I quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her back a little.

"That's not fair." I stated. "You don't know what it was like for me." My voice raising a little.

"What was it like Lauren?" She raised an eyebrow and raising her voice as well. "Because I'm pretty sure I'm the one who almost died." She paused.

"What are you doing right now?" I asked giving her a look. "Are you trying to make me feel bad because that is not fair Y/N. I've done nothing but be there for you over the past couple months."

"That's just it." She almost yelled. "You're always there, making sure I take my meds, or eat something or get a shower or whatever. You're constantly right there."

"Then what's the problem!" I yelled back. "Because I don't fucking see one."

"Lauren!" She yelled. "You're not you! Not anymore."

"Neither are you!" I shot back as I could feel tears threatening my eyes. "You're not even close."

"Oh yeah and how's that?" She asked. "Come on Lauren! Let it out."

"You're not the person you used to be. You don't even talk to me anymore! God, you used to tell me everything and now all I get is a nod or a two word response." I shot. "It's like the old you died or something."

As soon as the last sentence left my mouth I regretted it. My fiancées face went from angry to hurt in a matter of milliseconds. She nodded again and started walking away without a word. Before she got to the back of the house she paused and looked back at me.

"Maybe I should have." She spoke softly. For a few seconds she did die but they brought her back.

"Y/N...." I started again but she was already out of sight. "That's not what I meant." I whisper to myself as lean back against the wall deciding not to chance after her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 265 34
Two years later...
154K 4.7K 42
"I feel lost."
93.2K 1.9K 38
Title says it all. Enjoy!
240K 5.9K 27
CAMILA/YOU you helped me survive hell... WARNING: CRINGEEE i wrote this almost a decade ago so ..