Saving Olivia

By luvlypjm

(Completed) "Excuse me," he says, his voice hoarse. I give a sharp intake of breath and turn my head slightly... More

Authors Note
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 20

3.9K 127 6
By luvlypjm

"Rise and shine, Liv! We're off to Vegas!" I hear Kian yell, bursting through my bedroom door.

"We're not going to Vegas, Kian. We're going to Florida." I groan, rolling over.

"Same difference, now get up so we can leave. I wanna get out of this boring place." He says, then turns around and walks out the door.

Sighing, I get up from my comfy position in my bed.

"Goodbye, bed. I'll miss you," I whisper, patting it slightly. Then I turn around and walk to my closet. I take out the white t-shirt and jean shorts I took out the night before and slip them on.

Oh, I can't wait until we get there. I'm going to the beach, going to buy some clothes, it's going to be great.

I rush down the stairs and to the kitchen, where I find dad, Faith, and Kian waiting for me.

"What took you so long?" Kian huffs. "It took you like five minutes to get ready!"

"Excuse you, but five minutes to get ready is a good time," I scoff. "I could have easily taken longer."

"Alright you two, shut up and grab a pop tart. We're hitting the road."

*****

"Uh, dad?" I ask, struggling with my suitcase. "A little help?"

He turns around swiftly, grabbing my suitcase and putting it above the seats.

"Thanks," I smile, taking my seat next to Kian. Faith sits down next to me.

"Hey," I whisper, nudging her with my arm. She turns to me. "You ready?"

"Yeah!" She replies back excitedly, her face breaking into a grin. "This is my first time to Florida, and my first time on a plane!"

"Yo Faith," Kian says, poking his head out next to mine. "Scared at all?"

Faith shakes her head proudly. "Not at all. I'm prepared to get this on with. I just wanna be in Florida already."

Kian laughs, moving back to his original position. Suddenly, I hear him gasp.

"Holy shi- I mean holy cow! There are TV's in the chairs!" He reaches out to touch it.

"Did you really just notice? 'Cause I noticed as soon as we walked in."

"Hey, don't be a bit- butthole. I wasn't paying attention." He crosses his arms over his chest.

"I was only kidding, Kian. Don't get your panties in a twist." I reach over to touch his shoulder.

"Get off me, you cow!" He hisses, pushing my hand off his shoulder and slouching in his chair. "When is this plane gonna take off?" He mumbles.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts, as we are about to leave to Miami, Florida in about one minute. Please make sure all electronics are turned off, all bags are pushed under the chair in front of you, and all chairs are not reclined." A woman's voice says. I peek my head up to see her at the front of the plane, holding a microphone.

"Finally, let's get on with this, shall we?"

*****

"Dad, are we there yet?" Faith asks.

"Just a few more minutes, Princess." He replies, looking at her through the rear view mirror.

"So, what's the place where we're staying at like?" I ask, looking out my window.

"Well, it's a house that's right on the beach. It's pretty big, and really nice on the inside. I'm sure you guys are going to love it." He says, smiling.

"And here we are..." He announces, pulling into the driveway of a beautiful house.

"Pardon my French, but holy shit dad," Kian breathes, staring up at the house in awe.

It's humongous. There's barely any other houses near ours, which mean we'll have the beach mostly to ourselves. Almost all the lights are on, brightening up the driveway. There's lots of windows, so I get a glance at what's on the inside. Beautiful furniture, huge TV's, ginormous rooms...

"How did you afford this, dad?" I whisper in disbelief.

"I know the guys who owns it," he replies smugly. "We went to high school together. One of my best friends."

"And we've never been here 'til now? This is insane!" Kian yells.

"Well, I saw him recently and he told me about this place, and he gave me an extra key. Told me we can come up here whenever we want."

"So we're staying at this place for free?" Kian asks in shock, slapping his hands down on his knees.

"Pretty much." Dad replies nonchalantly. He stops the car and unlocks the door, stepping out with his keys in his hands.

I see Faith get out of her seat and run up to the front of the house, peeking in through the windows. I smile a bit to myself.

Dad goes up behind her, scooting her to the side so he can open the door. As soon as he does, Faith runs in, everyone else closely behind her.

When you walk in, you're in the living room already. There's a little place to put shoes and hang coats and there's also a little tiny closet. We walk further into the living room. To the left is a huge kitchen. Granite countertops, huge fridge, two stoves... This place is gorgeous!

I see Kian sitting down on one of the black couches.

"Oh my lord, Liv, come sit on these!" He says excitedly, bouncing and patting the spot next to him.

I sit down, and wow is this couch soft. I sink into it, gasping. This couch is softer than my bed at home! Just imagine what the bed are like here...

I look over to Kian hesitantly, only to see he's already staring at me.

"I call the biggest room!" We shout in unison. I get up, bolting into a hallway that looks like it would be where the rooms are, and start opening doors frantically, and I hear Kian doing the same. I come across and room with a huge TV and a balcony, and race into it, throwing myself on the soft, squishy bed.

Oh god, why can't I have a bed like this at home...

Kian comes in the room, jumping on top of me.

"Kian... get off... can't... breath..." I shove him off me.

"No fair," he pouts. "I want this room.

"Well too bad, I was in here first. So suck it! Go find another room." He gets up and walks out of the room slowly. I laugh at him, then get up to go to the balcony.

I take in the sound of the waves crashing against the shore and seagulls cawing in the distance. No one is on the beach.

The sand looks white from here, and I hope it'll be soft. I lean on the railing, smiling to myself.

This is going to be the best week I've had in years.

*****
Merry Early Christmas, because I most likely won't update on Christmas😂🎄🎅🏼

ok but...wtf do seagulls do? Do they caw? Scream? Idk... oh well

1158 words🎁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 1.7K 110
And then he stopped. Shane leaned his forehead against mine, breathing heavily, our eyes still closed, and he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear...
7.2M 247K 50
This is an old version. I am slowly rewriting this. Please wait to read that one. It'll have some of the same chapter outlines but way better writing...
356K 10.8K 35
"I would kill to be skinny," She would always cross her arms and say. So she did what she said, she went killing, but the only person she was killing...
12.8K 679 42
Lexi was broken, she knew it since her mom died, but then her boyfriend left her in a jail cell and those broken pieces shattered into even smaller p...