Bad boys do it better

Por AlexiShaw

Like a wise man once said, "bad boys are no good. But good boys ain't no fun." And let me tell you one thing... Más

Summary
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 26

4.6K 189 24
Por AlexiShaw

Tanya took a deep breath, before turning around and facing me, her eyes still on the floor. I have never seen her so nervous before, it seemed like all her bad girl attitute just evaporated into hin air. If it wasn't under these circumstances, I would almost feel sorry for her. But from what I heard from Lyla, I shouldn't be. I decided to listen to her side of the story, because I know everyone has their own perspective of things. But if Tanya really did sleep with Chad while she knew he was my boyfriend, then I would have a really hard time forgiving her.

She finally gathered the courage and looked up, her eyes meeting mine. I crossed my arms over my chest and put a cold expression on my face, trying to prevent her to see my true feelings. My mind was fuzzy, and because of all the alcohol I consumed that night, I don't think I have fully comprehended what was going on. I didn't know whether I was supposed to be crying or thanking Chad to give me a reason to dump him.

"Lyla was telling the truth," she said in a low voice. My eyes narrowed at her, but I didn't say a word. I felt a wave of disappointment hit me as I heard her confession. I didn't know what to think about all of this. I had never thought Tanya was capable of doing something like that, but hey, I guess that's what shows how wrong you can be about a person.

"But I didn't know you back then," she hurried and I raised my eyebrows. I opened my mouth to comment, but she cut in. "I know that's not a big excuse, but you know I don't know anyone who goes to our school, and back then I didn't even know who he was, or that he had a girlfriend."

I pursed my lips as I thought about her words. I knew Tanya always skipped school, especially before we'd met. She would come to school every second week for an hour or two, therefore she failed 3 times. All that ended when the school gave her a final warning and because of family problems she couldn't afford to get thrown out. So she started going to the same classes as I did, even though she was 3 years older.

I sighed as I threw my head back, still not sure whether her excuse was enough for me to forgive her. "Tell me everything," I demanded. I wanted to know exactly what happened, because that would fully influence my decision whether to forgive her or not.

"It happened about a year ago. We were both on a party and I was really drunk. The party was going on about a half an hour drive away from town, so I assumed no one from school was attending it." She exhaled and ran a hand through her short hair. "Chad was wasted too. He was constantly surrounded by girls, even though everyone could see he was one of the youngest. He even caught my attention. His charisma and the way he presented himself were ..." she bit her lip and stopped when she saw my look. I knew what she was talking about. Chad had a natural gift to attract people. He seemed like a likable and warm person, and his self-confidence and charisma were the ones which made me so attracted to him.

"Anyways," Tanya continued and interrupted my thoughts. "He caught my attention and it seemed like I caught his as well. He came to me minutes after I first saw him and we talked. Before I even knew what was going on he ..." she stopped on her tracks and looked at me, searching for my approval. Even though it was hurting me to hear this, I needed to. So I nodded and clenched my jaw.

She licked her lips and continued. "He kissed me and then asked me if I wanted to go somewhere else. I was already wasted by then and I had no idea he had a girlfriend, otherwise I wouldn't have done any of this," she assured me. She gulped. "We ..." her voice was shaking and I could feel the electricity in the air as I anxiously waited for her next words, even though I already knew what she would tell me.

"We had sex," she blurted out and bit her lip, looking at me under her eyelashes.

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths to calm myself down. I was telling myself that it wasn't a big deal, that I don't care about him anymore, but I was only lying to myself.

The feelings I had for him might have been gone, but the realization he cheated on me while we were together was pure agony.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered and I felt her touch my hand, but I moved it away.

I tried to believe her, I did. I wanted to forgive her, but the images of her and Chad kissing, Tanya and Chad having sex while I was at home with my friends, thinking my relationship is flawless, all she told me was flashing in my mind. And the fact she'd kept it to herself for a year didn't help either

"Why didn't you tell me when you met me?" My voice was cold as I looked behind her, not being able to look her in the eye.

There was a slight pause before she answered. "I wanted to –"

"Then why didn't you?!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air as my gaze met hers. She looked like she was afraid of me, her posture bent.

"When I saw you two arguing, I didn't even recognize him, so when you let me crash at your place, I wasn't aware he was your boyfriend. Only when I saw you together in school once, that's when I finally recognized him. I asked around you guys and everyone said you were the golden couple of the school and that you've been together for a long time. That's when I knew he cheated on you with me."

I sent her a dirty glare, but she ignored it and continued. "I confronted him in school and demanded that he has to tell you. But he didn't want to."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course he didn't want to tell me. The question is, why didn't you?" I hissed and harrowed my eyes at her. She looked at me sheepishly.

"He ... Well, he blackmailed me." I scrunched my eyebrows as I contemplated about what she said. Chad was blackmailing her? My Chad? I scoffed. I guess I didn't know him as well as I thought I did.

"What did he held against you?" I asked, this time softly. If Chad really did blackmail her, she had an excuse.

She glanced over her shoulder, to make sure no one was standing behind us. When she turned back, she took a step closer and touched both my arms. "He said if I ever told you we've slept together, he would make sure my worst nightmare came true."

Her eyes were now big and I could see the fear in them. My look softened as I uncrossed my arms and placed my hands on her shoulders.

"Tehnically, he never said anything about you finding out by yourself, that's why I was always inviting you to parties. I would make sure you caught him there, but you always refused to come." She shook her head and scoffed. "I was getting tired of seeing him with another girl all the time, so if you didn't come today, I would tell you, I swear that was the plan. But, thanks god, you came and found out."

My fists clenched as I heard there were more girls than two, but I decided to not think about that. Right now it was important to find out what Chad knew about Tanya and to make sure he never spills.

"Tanya," I said softly and took her palms in mine. Her eyes met mine and I could see sincere regret.

"I forgive you."

She let out a breath she was holding in as she threw her arms around my neck and squeezed me tightly.

"Thank you, thank you," she repeated quietly.

"It's okay," I whispered and rubbed her back awkwardly, not sure what to do. "Now tell me what Chad knew about you, please. I know Chad and when he's drunk he can be reckless, so he might have already done what he threatened to do."

She froze in my arms and slowly backed away from me. I could see her jaw clenching and her eyes getting wider, her posture straightening. She was becoming her old self, thank god. Neither of us knew how to act in emotional situations, so this was pretty awkward.

"He wouldn't dare," she hissed but I could hear fear creeping in her voice.

"What is it?" I demanded, wanting to know.

Before she could open her mouth, the door opened we were suddenly hit by screams and shouting. People were rushing towards the parking lot, creating complete chaos as the noise started getting louder. I started looking around me, trying to figure out what caused the party to end. Suddenly, someone grabbed my upper arm and I was yanked to the side. I turned to see Kyle, wearing his black leather jacket and washed-out jeans. He looked nervous and I was wondering whether his behavior had anything to do with the party ending.

"They are here," he said to Tanya and she froze. Her eyes met his and she gulped. "Seriously?" she whispered and he nodded rapidly.

"We need to leave. Pronto," he ushered out as he grabbed her arm and turned her around, pushing her towards the trees that were surrounding the parking lot. I rushed behind them and almost bumped into Kyle's back, when they stopped.

"What are you do-" he asked her angrily but she interrupted him.

"We can't go together," she stated firmly and yanked herself out of his grip. I could see she recovered from the primary shock, she looked fully concentrated and I could almost see her brain working, trying to figure out a plan.

"You're kidding me, right?" he exclaimed quietly and she glared at him.

"Kyle, this is my mess, I have to clean it up. You need to stay out of this."

"But I can help you!" he exclaimed furiously, but she waved him off.

She put an arm on his shoulder and looked in his eyes. "I need you to take care of Alexis. I have other people who will help me," she stated firmly. Kyle straightened his posture and sighed. "Fuck, Tanya, why don't you ever trust me?"

"Don't whine and do what I told you," she patted his shoulder. "You know it's not about trust, but safety. I can't afford having anyone's blood on my hands."

She spun around and ran in the other direction, without looking back. I started getting nervous. I didn't know what was going on, but I knew that if even Tanya was scared, that meant it had to be something horrible.

I could feel fear creeping into my head, but I refused to let it in. Kyle turned towards me and gripped my arm, pulling me into shadows and towards the woods.

Once we'd hid behind the tree, he leaned me against the gnarled surface and lowered himself so his eyes were in line with mine.

"Listen to me carefully, Alexis," he said and his minty breath hit my face. "Now it's not the time for you sarcastic comments or stupid questions. You need to listen to me and do what I tell you."

I nodded fast. "Okay, but Kyle, can you at least tell me what's going on?"

His eyes flashed and he slammed a fist on the tree behind me, very close to my head. My breath hitched as I gulped and looked up, meeting his dark eyes. "Damn it, Alexis, what did I just say?" he whispered furiously, clenching his jaw so hard I thought it was about to break, so I quickly nodded. "Okay, okay," I rushed out.

I could feel my pulse quickening as adrenalin started rushing through my veins. I didn't know what was going on, but I had a bad feeling about it.

He put his fingers under my chin and lifted it. "Remember, Alexis, this is not a game. This is real life and here there's no guarantee we'll get out alive."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

298K 11.6K 52
~Dear Cupid, I like this really cute guy from my school, except he's a bad boy and a total player. What do I do? I'm a pretty shy girl. Help! Lov...
1.5M 42.3K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...
108K 3K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...
365K 11.3K 28
You know I was never that one kid at school who everyone feared. I was bullied every single day, day in and day out. The day I became feared, It was...