The Mate Call (On Hold)

By _AuroraLights_

#51 in Werewolf Category on 7/19/2017 Haley Anderson, daughter of the Alpha of Blue Moon Pack. A happy-go-luc... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A/N (WATTYS 2016)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Invite for Covers and Shipnames
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 18

842 35 2
By _AuroraLights_

She deserves to know.

************
He quickly got out of the car and rushed to get my door.

"Milady", he said in a fake British accent while holding the car door open for me.

"Thank you, gentleman", I replied, yes, in a British accent.

He walked towards a building that had "Game Zone" written on it.

He turned towards me when he noticed I wasn't walking with him. He gave me a heartwarming smile and gestured me to go to him.

His smile.
My heart could literally melt at that smile.

"So, I hope you do know bowling", he said, turning his head to me and then smirked. "Because I don't want you loosing miserably at it."

Or not.
So, I guess it's like Once a jerk, always a jerk.

'Our jerk', said my wolf, making me all giddy.

I scoffed. "Bowling. Be ready to get your ass kicked in bowling, Alpha", I said with a smirk.

"Oh it's on, like donkey kong", he said while rubbing his hands together.

I rolled my eyes at him. "What are you, five?", I said while sticking my tongue out at him and walking inside the building.

"Yeah. Now look who's behaving like a mature person. Not you", he deadpanned. "I guess we are two six year olds", he snickered.

I shook my head at him.

We walked towards the ticket counter to but our tickets. While Aiden was buying the tickets my phone rang. I took it out to see Sophie calling me. I picked it up.

"Hey", I said.

"Don't you hey me, Hal. Where the hell are you? You know we were so worried about you. With the threats and notes you've been receiving".

"Oh. I'm sorry, Soph. It was Aiden's idea though to bunk school today", I said. I really felt guilty for getting them worried.

"Yeah, figured as much because even he is not here. So, what are you guys doing? Having some Haiden time, are we?". I could definitely tell she was smirking by the tone of her voice.

"What? What's that?", I asked confused. Haiden? What's that?

"Or what about Hailen?", I heard a voice shout from the other side of the phone.

"Was that Dylan? And what are you guys talking about?", I asked, perplexed about the terms they were using.

"Maybe some Ailey time", shouted another voice that resembled Ryan's.

"Aihal", shouted Chloe. "Stupid girl. They are your ship names."

Ship names? Woah. I started blushing. I turned my head to look at Aiden but he was already looking at me with a smirk. I blushed even more.
Oh Goddess.

Stupid Alpha hearing.

"Guys. Can you not. Can you please try to be less embarrassing", I muttered.

"Aww.. Hear that. Haley getting embarrassed. How cute is that", said Dylan, laughing.

"Dylan, if you don't want a hell of a beating, I suggest you keep your mouth shut", I said sternly.

"Oohh, feisty. I like it", he replied which was followed by a loud thud and then an 'ouch'.

"Chloe beat Dylan for you", said Ryan, laughing.

"Great job Chloe. Well, bye guys. Gotta go", I said to them.

"Yeah, yeah. Now you'll spend all your time with Aiden. Why would you want to talk to us anymore. We are mere peasants now, best friends aren't valuable anymore."

Deciding it was enough, I ended the call, chuckling.

"Those guys are idiots", said Aiden, laughing while shaking his head.

"They are". Sadly I had to agree. But they were our idiots.

"Lets get the shoes now, shall we?", he said while walking towards the shoe counter.

"Woah, you're huge. Your shoe size's 11.5!", I said to Aiden, shocked to see his big feet.

"No. You're small. A seven. Really?", he replied.
(A/N: Read the author's note at the end if there is any confusion in shoe sizes because these are U.S. shoe sizes)

"Hey. You are huge. You're big feet" I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

"You wanna know what else is huge and big about me?", he said smirking.

He didn't just say that. I'm sure I must be resembling a tomato by how much I was blushing.

Still I decided to play cool by only rolling my eyes at him.

He laughed at that and then guided me towards the bowling aisle.

*******

"Told you I'll beat you. I won. You lost", I said.

I won the bowling match. Aiden lost. Take that Alpha.

My wolf and I had like blown up with pride after beating that cute ass of Aiden.

"Well, you were distracting me", he said, sulking about his loss.

I wasn't.

"How was I distracting you?", I asked him while folding my arms in front of my chest.
"Your mere presence is distracting for me", he murmured.

I simply rolled my eyes.

"Accept it Aiden. You lost. I won fair and square. By the way, I didn't know you had the capacity for so many gutter balls in you", I teased him.

He pointed his finger to me and said, "Let me inform you missy, my balls aren't gutter balls. And as for my capacity, wouldn't you like to know," he smirked and then winked at me.

Damn butterflies. Stop.

I stuck my tongue out at him. Again.

Yeah, I know lame comeback. But come on, it's fun.

"Now get in the car for our next stop".

Following Aiden's order, I got in the car.

****
He parked his car outside the thicker part of the forest and got out. Before he could come and get my door, I opened it and got out.

He smiled at me and started walking towards the forest while I followed him.

We were walking towards the interior of the forest, the leaves and twigs that were on the ground, crumbling beneath our feet.

"Are you going to murder me then leave my body to rot here? Well, don't you think I'm a bit young to die?", I said while pushing a branch out of my way to walk.

"I will if you don't stop. You talk too much", he muttered.

"Hey, I heard that", I snapped.

"Good. That was meant to be heard", he said with a smirk. "By the way, I'm taking you to my favourite place".

"And is that place a cave in the deepest, darkest corner of the Earth?", I asked.

"Shh. Tadda", he said waving his hands around.

We had come across a clearing. And it was so beautiful.

The place was adorned with flowers, bright, colourful flowers. A lake in the middle, with crystal clear water, reflecting the light of the sun, looking like it was made of diamonds.

This place took my breath away. I can see why it was Aiden's favourite place. No one was here to disturb the sanctity of this place.

"Yeah. No one knows about this place. Actually this area is out of bounds for everyone. But being an Alpha, I know about this area and have access to everywhere. I stumbled across this place when I was patrolling my territory. I just love it here. It's so peaceful", he said.

I smiled at him, a sincere smile letting him know I was grateful he brought me here.

"But why is this place out of bounds for everyone?", I asked him. This is so beautiful. People should be able to enjoy this beauty.

"I don't exactly know. Legend says a witch had cast some spell on this place so that only she could enjoy it. The spell allowed access to wolves only of the highest order, i.e. Alpha blood. Other wolves couldn't enter this area. It is also believed that she is dead but the spell still exists", he explained.

"Shoot, I forgot. In the haste of bringing you here, I forgot. You, wait right here and I'll be back in a minute", he said and took off towards where we had come from, probably to the car.

Amazed by the beauty of this place, I walked to the lake and crouched down beside it, dipping my hand in it.

Suddenly I saw a figure zoon past behind me. My heart rate picked up and hastily I turned around, but no one was there.

Just then Aiden appeared carrying a blanket and a picnic basket.

When he saw me, he started running towards me.

"Haley, what happened? Your face. Are you okay?", he asked, voice laced with worry and concern.

It looked like Aiden had something special planned and I didn't want to tell him this and destroy his mood and the plan.
So I just put on a smile and said, "Nothing. Just got worried alone. Nothing else. Wait, have you planned a picnic?"

"Yeah". He smiled and layed out the blanket on the ground. He gestured for me to sit and then sat down facing me. The lake was on our right.

He then took out sandwiches, chips and cold drinks from the picnic basket.

"Lunch time. And the menu contains Haley's favourite sandwiches specially made by your great chef", he said smugly, pointing towards himself.

Chuckling, I took a sandwich and started eating it. It was delicious, Aiden's cooking.

We started talking. Talking about anything and everything. It was just so easy with him.

After out lunch and our weird talks were over, his face took a more serious turn.

Lacing his fingers through his hair he said, "You know Haley, today was not only part of your challenge. It was also part of my apology. An apology for being so difficult and ,"

"And an ass to me", I cut him off and laughed.

Chuckling, he said, "Yeah, an ass to you. Anyway, I'm sorry. And I want to tell you why was I, as you so nicely put it, an ass to you. I want to tell you Haley. I don't want to hide it anymore from you."

-----------------------

A/N: Hello amazing peeps.

Just to clear any confusion,
U.S. shoe size 7 for women is U.K shoe size 5. And for men, U.S. size 11.5 is U.K size 9.5

Moving on,

Did you people notice I mentioned the ship names you people gave to Aiden and Haley. I loved them all so decided to use all of them.

Did you guys like this chapter? Did you like their date?
Well sorry there wasn't any kiss in this chapter. But hey, the date's not over yet. *smirks*

Btw, any idea what Aiden is going to tell Haley?

Do let me know what do you guys think.

And,

VOTE

COMMENT
:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125 13 9
Cass is a normal She-Wolf. Except that she has not found her mate three months after her eighteenth birthday. There's this guy... Tall, handsome, the...
56.8K 1K 16
DISCONTINUED Rose has been living in a human town and has been home schooled her whole life. Her parents decide that she should enroll in a public h...
750K 21.7K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...
228K 6.4K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...