Saving Olivia

By luvlypjm

(Completed) "Excuse me," he says, his voice hoarse. I give a sharp intake of breath and turn my head slightly... More

Authors Note
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 17

4.3K 136 11
By luvlypjm

I drop my backpack on the floor, dragging my feet towards the kitchen.

"Whatcha making?" Kian calls from behind me, leaning on the counter.

"I was gonna make some popcorn and then watch a movie," I explain. I look back to the pantry, where loads of junk foods fill the counters.

Where's the damn popcorn?

I huff. "Why is it that I can never find things?"

I hear Kian chuckle quietly. "You're just not looking hard enough." He waltzes up the the pantry and picks out a bag of popcorn. My jaw drops.

"How-why, how did you-" I stutter, dumbfounded. "How did you find it so quickly?"

"I have the eyes of a hawk," Kian's eyes narrow, focusing on something behind me. Suddenly his face breaks out into a goofy smile.

"Nah, I'm just kidding. I was the one who put them there, you goof." He hits me on the shoulder, and I push him away.

"I hate you."

He just laughs and walks away. "I get to choose the movie!" He shouts.

"No you don't!" I yell back. "You choose it every time!"

I open the microwave and put the popcorn in there. I press the popcorn button and walk towards the living room, where Kian sits holding the remote in his hand.

"Nuh-uh uh," I say, moving my index finger back and forth. "Give me the remote. It's my turn to pick what movie we watch."

"But Livie..." he groans, slouching forward.

"Don't Livie me now. You choose every time. Give me the damn remote." I hiss, my mood switching from happy to irritated.

Kian looks taken aback. His eyes are wide, jaw dropped. He looks hurt for a moment, and then his face loses all emotion whatsoever. He gives me the remote, shoving it in my hand.

"Fine. You want the damn remote, you can have the damn remote." He pushes himself up off the couch and stomps up the stairs quickly.

What's his problem? All I did was say give me the damn remote.

Ohhh... I know. Before most of this year happened I never swore. Not out loud, at least. So... I've never sworn at Kian before, which probably made him mad. I can understand that, but it's not my problem. He's needs to toughen up, be a man.

I sigh, plopping down on the couch to find a movie. The popcorn has only just started popping, so I should have enough time to find something. I scroll through the channels, remembering any numbers that have food movies on.

"Should I just go on Netflix?" I think out loud. "Yeah, I'm just going to go on Netflix."

I start to get up to switch the input when the microwave beeps. I turn and head towards the kitchen. On my way there, I hit the sharp part of the counter top.

"Shit! Ouch, ouch, ouch..." I clutch my side, breathing in and out quickly. I lift up my shirt a little bit, exposing my side. A small scratch is there, blood slowly forming.

"Stupid counter," I pout, walking slowly towards the microwave. I open the door to let the fumes out and then walk to the bathroom to get a bandage.

I rummage through the drawers. Melatonin, Lunesta, Antidepressants...

Yeah, my dad got me antidepressants. I'm never going to use them, though. I'm fine with how I am.

There. Band-Aids. I grab the box and take out a single band-aid, lifting my shirt up again. I unwrap it and place it carefully on the cut.

"There," I say, patting my side.

I walk back to the kitchen to get my popcorn. I pour it all into a giant bowl and walk back to the living room. Setting the bowl on the coffee table, I walk up to the TV to change the input. I grab the AppleTV remote and turn on Netflix.

Now, what movie to watch...

I scroll the choices. 10 Reasons Why I Hate You? Nah. My eyes land on Son in Law.

"I haven't seen this movie in so long!" I exclaim, clapping my hands together. This is my favorite movie of all time.

Suddenly, my phone buzzes from beside me. I have a text from an unknown member.

Unknown
When are we meeting up?

Olivia
Who is this?

Unknown
Guess.

Olivia
How tf am I supposed to guess?

Unknown
Here, I'll give you a hint. Video making.

Ohhhhh, it's Hayden.

Olivia
Oh. Hey Hayden

I create a contact for him, and he types a reply.

Hayden
So where are we meeting up and when?

Olivia
I dunno. My house is okay with me. Wanna meet today?

Hayden
Sure, today's good.

Olivia
Okay, see you soon

I shut off my phone and look back up to the TV. The movie has already started and I missed a little bit. Becca is moving her stuff into her dorm, and her dad just found out Crawl was the RA. Man, I love this movie.

Did Hayden even tell me what time he was coming over? I don't remember him saying anything.

I shrug, stuffing my face with popcorn. Doesn't matter. All I know is that he better have downloaded Instagram.

*****

I hear a knock on the front door and bounce up out of my seat towards the front door. I pull it open, and Hayden stands there, hands shoved in his pockets. Despite the warmth of my house, a shiver runs through me.

"Here, come in." I step to the side, allowing Hayden to come in. He steps through the threshold, his eyes wandering. He scowls a bit. I'm guessing he's not in a good mood.

"Well," I say, clapping my hands together awkwardly. "Did you download Instagram?"

"Yeah. This better be a good video, otherwise I deleted valuable photos for nothing." He says, scowling.

What is up with his mood changes? He was fine at school but now he just seems pissed.

"Ok, so we should make up your Instagram name, it shouldn't be anyone real. Got any good ideas?" I ask.

"Why don't I be a nerd or something? People bully nerds." He states.

"Whatever," I sigh. "Let's go with that."

"Kay, I'll just save some pictures from the Internet and post nerdy stuff and you can comment. Did you download Instagram too?" He looks up to me my eyes, and I smile sheepishly.

"No..." I draw out, scratching the back of my neck. Hayden sighs.

"Fine. We'll just do everything on my phone then," He mumbles.

I roll my eyes. "Stop acting like it's so hard. Just give me your phone, I'll do everything." I stick my hand out, opening my palm. He huffs and places his phone in my hand. I take it, opening up Instagram. I make a fake account, saving a picture of a guy from safari and using it as his profile picture.

"Here, look good?" I say, showing Hayden the phone. He sticks his face really close to the screen, squinting his eyes.

"What is that name?" He asks, backing his face away. I laugh, turning the screen to face me again.

"Videogamer777. That's what it is." I smile, making the profile private and logging out.

Hayden smiles a bit, his eyes twinkling in amusement. My heart warms, knowing I had the ability to make someone feel better when they weren't feeling too positive. There's just one question floating around in my mind.

Is this what it's like to be happy?

*****

This chapter is so bad😂😂

1255 words💯

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.4K 911 42
[THIS IS A REWRITTEN VERSION OF THE OG] *** WARNING: Contains extremely triggering and mature content in almost every single chapter in this book, r...
160K 6.9K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
16.9M 650K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
125K 2.1K 39
The war is finally over but Aang is heart broken after seeing Katara and Zuko together. To avoid the pain, he makes a decision.