Not Good At Not ✔

By _Writeratheart__

Anna Haden, a twenty-two-year-old girl, in her junior year of college has always been the girl to get the guy... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
BOOK TWO!!
Not A Chapter

Chapter 13

1.5K 35 13
By _Writeratheart__

"We're back", Zoey sang as we entered the dorm.

"Finally I've been waiting for you guys all day", Luke said.

I set the bags down at sat on my bed. "I'm nervous about this date", I sighed.

"Don't be I'm sure it will be okay", Zoey said.

I shrugged. I was nervous but excited to go on a date with him. Plus it would be somewhere, where it would only be him and me so we could actually go out on a date without hiding.

Zoey, Luke and I talked for a while before they ended up leaving to go somewhere. I sat in the dorm thinking of things to do as time ticked. My stomach began to form into a knot because of how nervous I am.

I played some music and sang along. I tried to get my mind off of everything. I decided to leave the dorm and walk around.

"Anna", I heard my name being called. I turned to see Logan.

"Hey", I smiled walking over to him.

"How are you?", he asked.

"Good, how about you?", I asked.

"Good. About that Raven thing. We decided not to date but we go on dates, does that make sense?", he laughed shyly.

"Yes, It makes sense. Well, I mean you never know. You guys might change your mind", I laughed wiggling my eyebrows. Logan smiled then playfully pushed my shoulder. Logan was really sweet and he seemed like a cool guy.

"Wanna come with me to the little ice cream place around the corner?", I asked him. Logan nodded and we left the building. 

We talked about different things to get to know each other better. He was a lot more talkative now than he was when I first met him. I was glad he started to open up more. Logan opened the door to the ice cream place for me and I thanked him. A woman bumped into me and apologized then left.

"Is she new?", I asked Logan.

"Uh, maybe. She looks like she's new, I've never seen her before", Logan said.

"Hmm".

"So what ice cream flavor are you getting?", he asked.

I looked to see the different ones. "Uh, Pistachio", I said.

"Ew", he laughed.

"Okay, and what are you getting?", I asked folding my arms across my chest.

"Cookie dough", he smiled at me.

••••

"Seriously", I laughed. Logan was telling me a story about his siblings. They used to pull pranks on each other all the time.

"It's true, so that's why I never pulled another prank and my big sister again", he laughed. We both began to laugh and I shook my head.

"My brother and only ever did that stuff on April Fools. Plus, when I was living with him we never really had time apart to do stuff like that", I said before putting ice cream in my mouth.

Logan and I talked more about just anything that came to mind. He was a good listener and a good friend.

"Okay but the real question here is why don't you like Pistachio?", I smirked.

"Because I mean it's green", he laughed. "and I've also never tried it".

"So you said ew when you haven't even tried it", I asked in disbelief. Logan laughed and held his hands up in defense.

"Here", I said pointing my spoon with ice cream on it at Logan. He looked at me clueless. "Try it", I said.

Logan hesitated for a moment before eating the Ice cream off the spoon. He acted as if he was concentrating on the taste.

"Okay, Chief Ramsey, on with it", I laughed.

He chuckled. "It's very good. The flavor is amazing, not too cold not too warm", he joked. I hit his arm playfully and he laughed. "I'm kidding it was nasty".

I looked at him causing him to laugh.

"Joking. It was good. I think that's my new favorite", He smiled.

"Good", I replied.

Logan was funny. He had humor which I liked. He didn't try too hard to make me laugh or anything. It kind of just came naturally. I'm glad he isn't the type of guy to just get close to a girl to get in her pants because that definitely wouldn't happen.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and a smile appeared on my lips when I saw it was from Miles. When I read the text my smile disappeared as fast as it came.

Miles: Gotta cancel tonight. Something came up, hope you understand.

"You okay?", Logan asked.

I felt my heart sink, I was really looking forward to this date.

"Uh...y-yeah. I'm fine", my voice cracked slightly.

"You sure? You look bummed", he said.

"I uh, had a date but he uh. canceled last minute. Something came up", I said shaking it off.

"Oh. Was it cause we're here?", he asked.

I shook my head quickly, "No. no not at all. Since I'm not going on my date as I planned. Wanna hang out?", I asked. Logan smiled then nodded.

I felt my heart hurt just a little bit. His text was kind of bland but I mean what did I want him to say. It sucked that I looked forward to this all day and then our date is just canceled.

"Come on", I said to Logan before we got up and left the Ice cream shop.

I wasn't going to just sit in my dorm all day. I was going out today and even if it wasn't with Miles I was going to hang out with Logan. A friend's company is always the best company.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

897 27 8
Miles meets a young tomboy after after moving to France, and his mother sets him up to marry a young woman. The tomboy, Aidan, at 19 years old will d...
36.5K 2.4K 42
[Complete] A professor x student, feel-good, romantic comedy. *** Lexi was used to working behind the scenes at her family's small private investi...
14.9K 718 40
Cillian Murphy fanfic: Clementine has trouble settling into her second year at the University of Colorado, Boulder. She faces the challenge of socia...
531K 11.5K 45
PUBLISHED - Link in bio 💕 The summer after her sophomore year in college, Mia takes time to heal after a failed relationship. In an attempt to move...