Of Love, Signs and Logic (Com...

De random_insight

What if aside from being worlds apart, one acts on impulse and believe in signs and the other depends on logi... Mai multe

Prologue
1 - The Pluviophiles
2 - Home is Where The Heart Is
2.1 The Choices We Make
3 - Melancholy and....
3.1 Serendipity....Almost
4 - Operation PEACE & QUIET - Day One
5 - Plan B
6 - Face Off
7 - What Now?
Commercial break
8 - Off We Go
9 - The Hills Are Alive
10 - Happy Camperssss
11 - Soliloquy
12 - Unang Hirit
13 - Newbie Hiker
14 - Truce
16 - Wildflowers
17.1 May Something,....
17.2 ...Something Na Yan
18 - Homestretch
19 - Reality Bites
20 - Defensive
21 - The Village
22 - The Banquet
23 - Weh, Di Nga?
24 - Up and About
25 - Getting Even
26 - Unexpected Wisdom
27 - Making Amends
28 - A Quiet Night
29 - The Day After Tomorrow
30 - Rain
Commercial for chapter 30
31 - Questions
32 - One Last Fine Day
33 - Bamboo Scripts
34 - Of Signs
35 - Of Logic
36 - The Reveal
37 - Catching Up
38 - Day Job
39 - He Said, She Said
40 - Princess Anna
41 - I Call You, You Call Me
42 - Roadtrip
43 - Of Sunset and Dawn
44 -Musings
45 - She
46 - Man from Mars, Woman from Venus
47 - Dinner Date?
48 - Akyat ng Ligaw
49 - Day Off
50 - Curveball
51 - Ripples
52 - Of Lemons and Apple Juice
53 - Richard James Faulkerson, Ph.D.
Last Commercial Gap (not an update)
54 - Baby Steps
55 - One Year in the Biz
56 - When It Rains, It Pours
57 - Ex Who?
58 - Time Out
59 - The Journey
60 - Of Love
Epilogue atbp

15 - Small Talks

5.7K 439 28
De random_insight

Photo credit: aldenrichards02's instagram, wala eh, clean-cut pa rin :)

A/N: I've always wondered how was Maichard when they were starting to be acquainted with the serious side of each other in those early days. Sino mas makuwento, how they talk about mundane things, just anything under the sun, ganon! Oh, to be a fly on the wall.

And so the "Truce" began. But for how long?

MENG

After doing mental exercise to calm herself like what she always does before a show, Meng was able to enjoy their companionable silence while they walk side by side when the trail allows it or in single file when the trail is only for one person. She would occasionally stop, take pictures and he would wait for her and once in a while offers details of what they see on the trail.

Not bad, not bad at all. Ayos naman palang kasama. Hindi mayabang kausap,at mukhang a man of few words talaga.Kaya lang ayan na naman, sumasakit na naman mga binti ko. Nagpaparamdam na rin mga kalyo sa paa ko. Time for another stop. Di kaya maubos pasensiya nito sa 'kin?

She stopped upon reaching a clearing alongside a cliff. It was overlooking a mountain range of different peak heights. Down the cliff, you can see a river, with its white water like a silver ribbon winding its way down into the valley. 'Nanaginip ba ko? Meron din palang ganitong view dito sa Pilipinas?'

"Oh. My. God!! Richard, sandali! Kunan ko lang 'to ng picture, ha? How can you just continue walking and not appreciate this view? Sawa ka na?" She took off her shades to better frame the image.

He turned to look at her and can't keep the amusement in his voice when he commented "So totoo pala sabi ng pinsan mo. First time mo talaga mag-mountain hiking?"

Meng didn't realized that she had automatically raised her eyebrows as response to what he said so he had to continue "Ooops! just making small talk, that information is trivial enough."

Aahh small talk nga pala. "So that question falls under small talk? Fair enough. Yes, first time in the mountains. You see, I'm more of a beach person. Ikaw?"

"Mountains, anytime, anyday. No offense meant ha, pero alam mo, i find the beaches overrated, mainit and overcrowded."

"Ouch naman! Yes, I admit most of the beaches in the Philippines are crowded but marami pa ring magaganda. Maybe you haven't been to the perfect beach yet. Yung hindi pa exploited at konti ang crowd. Me, I'll take the beach anytime lalo na yung early in the morning na wala pa masyadong tao or during sunset, my favorite time of the day on a beach."

"Pero ano na ang impression mo about mountains after seeing all these?""

"Well, I think that mountains gives a different kind of feeling. Hmmm ... .. I guess, serenity or tranquility would be the right terms, I guess that's the word. Yung tipong you get a sense of how small you are against nature. Dagdagan mo pa ng clear blue sky as backdrop like this, perfect! Pero di na ko siguro uulit." Ang daldal mo Meng!

To divert his attention from asking more questions, she continued taking pictires, even doing a selfie because she dare not ask him to take her picture, which caused him to smile and shake his head. And clicked! Achievement unlocked! Dimples captured!

"I'm done, let's go!" Baka madagdagan pa ng tanong at mahalatang kinunan ko siya ng picture. Two questions are enough.

"Okay, sabihin mo lang kung pagod ka or sumasakit sugat mo and we'll stop to rest." He offered while they continued their hike.

"Di ka pa ba nakakahalata? Why do you think i'm taking all these pictures and selfies every 15 minutes or so? Di naman ako ganon kahilig mag-selfie talaga."

"Ganon? Eh di dahil pinapayagan kitang magpahinga nang madalas, I think I earned the right to know kung paano kayo napunta sa pickup truck ko kahapon? Hindi ako naniniwala na nasa barko na nung sumakay kayo."

She did not respond, weighing the question very carefully.

"O come on, it's not necessarily small talk, but it's still a valid question since it involves me."

"You know what, tama ka. Confession time na ba? You want the short version?"

He shrugged."Bahala ka."

"Remember the last stop you made in a cafe at a gasoline station in Batangas yesterday morning? We're already eating inside when you came in. You sat at a table near us. That time, nalaman ko na hindi na kami puwedeng tumuloy sa talagang pupuntahan namin. I was thinking of plan B, and plan C when I heard you guys talking about Mangyan, mountains and Mindoro. The idea just clicked. Hinanap ko kung alin ang sasakyan mo habang kumakain pa kayo and the rest is history."

"Pero hindi ka ba natakot na hindi n'yo kami kilala? "

"Sorry for eavesdropping on your conversation but believe me, I've heard anough to gauge that we can trust you. Call it gut feel, woman intuition, whatever it is. You see, I'm usually a good judge of character. Tama ba judgment ko?"

He shrugged again. "Not for me to say. Do your parents even know where you are?"

"Yes and no. I took precautionary measures. And here is where I need to make another confession. Promise, huwag ka magagalit?"

"Try me."

"Ganito. I took pictures of you, then of your pickup truck and sent it to my father. I called him to give a gist of what I'm going to do and the bit about Mangyan and Mindoro. I promised to be back after a week just in case walang signal sa pupuntahan natin.

"Sino sinabi mong kasama n'yo?"

"Aaahm....I mentioned NCIP, your Foundation and sent him your picture. Sorry sabi ko kakilala namin kayo pero hindi n'yo kasalanan at kami ang gustong sumama sa inyo. He has already done a very discreet background check on the info I sent - that includes you. Sorry again." she offered apology with a sheepish smile.

She was surprised that he did not show the slightest hint of negative reaction."Fair enough, wala naman akong tinatago. In fact, kung ako ang tatay mo, ganon din gagawin ko. Baka nga mas malala pa, susundan kita. But wait, is your father in the military?"

"No." she shook her head, a smile escaping her lips.

"Hmmm....A politician with lots of bodyguards?"

She realized where his questions are leading to. "None of the above! Kung iniisip mo na magiging delikado buhay mo because of me, don't worry - he's a cool father. He's not the type to make drastic move that will jeopardize other people's lives"

"But are you usually this impulsive?"

He must have sensed her hesitation to answer. "Small talk pa rin yan, you're not giving specific information anyway. "

"Yes sometimes. My impulsive acts are far and between but they can be pretty major."

"How far between and how major?"

"Let's put it this way, etong biglaang pagsama namin sa inyo is the result of the last major impulsive act that I did last year. And that's all you need know."

"Then please, don't make anymore impulsive decisions while you're with us?"

"Huwag kang mag-alala. You see, there's a cycle. A major impulsive act is usually followed by a period when I ask for signs before doing anything. As in SIGNS in bold letters! So, I think malayo pa ang susunod kong major impulsive decision. Come to think of it, you sitting beside our table in the coffee shop was a sign."

"No, it was just a coincidence. Low probability of happening, so it was a coincidence."

"For me, it was the sign that I prayed for right at that moment."

"But there's no logic in signs."

"Oh but there are signs in logic. You have the plus sign, minus sign, so on and so forth"

"Hahaha, panalo yang linyang yan!" There's that laughter again.

"Of coursse! I'm good like that." she said, surprised and yet enjoying his rare laughter.

He stopped walking. Turned to face her. Then smiled. "Do you always need to have the last word?"

She also stopped walking. Turned to face him. And smiled back. "Yes, I do...........need to have the last word, that is", and then she blushed.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

40.2K 892 16
SYNOPSIS Katrina Belmonte had almost nothing else to wish for. She's been blessed with almost everything; family, friends and a love of her life, Kie...
224K 13.4K 11
Athena wants to be an architect to fulfill her late father's dream, but she secretly loves music and wants to be a composer. At West Town University...
817K 30.4K 54
Status: UNDER REVISION Tahimik. Payapa. Walang gulo. Ganiyan maituturing ang buhay ni Niana Jillian "Naji" Alcayde; bantering with her older brother...
2K 66 30
Once. Twice. Thrice. Four times. Minsan sa iba. Kahibangan na kung sa pang-lima na beses magmamahal ka pa. Pero kaya mo pa nga ba? Kung apat na beses...