The Hills Have Eyes | Complet...

By WhereTheWldThngsR

(Sequel to Talking To The Moon) ♡♡♡ 12-4-19 #1 - Absence #34 - Leaving #168 - Italy #934 - Sequel #416 - Rogu... More

Prologue
Look After You
Hideaway
Diet Mountain Dew
Girl Crush
When I'm Gone
He'll Leave You With A Smile
Summertime Sadness
If I Could Fly
Daughters
Chandelier
Young Girls
Hello
Just Like Jesse James
Shoop Shoop (It's In Her Kiss)
Something In The Way You Move
10 Things I Hate About You
The Antidote
Turning Tables
Sorry
DTR
Howl
Wolves- not a chapter
Heavy In Your Arms
Angel Kisses On Her Skin
Love You To Death
A Party To Celebrate A Curse
When My Mate Meets My Boyfriend
Wear My Mark Like A Pearl Necklace
Shower
Do You Even Lift, Bae?!?
Old Faces and New Enemies
What's Dinner Without Drama?!?
Apparently, I Haven't Broken Up With My Boyfriend
Love Me Harder
Made In The A.M.
You Don't Own Me
One More Night
Girl With One Eye
Tiny Toes & Big Arguments
Mission Daddy Impossible
Settle For A Slowdown
I Got You Babe
Dirty Little Secret
Let's Go For A Ride
Top Notch Cherry Knot
Body Electric
Losing You Means Finding Us- Part One
Losing You Means Find Us- Part Two
Give It All We Got Tonight
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You
My Best Friend is My Other Best Friend's Mate
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Dangerous Woman
A Couple Of Drunks With Backward God Complexes
The Line Between Lust & Love
Pillow Talk
Banana Pancakes
My 18 Year Old Daughter, Her 28 Year Old Mate Part 1
My 18 Year Old Daughter, Her 28 Year Old Mate Part 2
Steal You Away
As Serious As The Ring On Your Finger
What Elvis Knows Won't Hurt Anyone
H.O.L.Y
Locked Away
Work From Home
Wrong Thing, Right Cause
Acceptance & An Ass Kicking
The First Day of the Rest of Our Lives
The Hills Have Eyes ((Le Colline Hanno Gli Occhi))
The End
Operation Man vs Wedding

Always Hello, Never Hell No

111 6 0
By WhereTheWldThngsR

Bella POV

"I was wondering when I'd see you again!" Moo-maw stood just outside the airport terminal with Rooster by her side, both of their arms open to receive me into a big hug; I was glad to see they didn't seem to mind Luc, which meant that either they probably didn't know what had gone down a decade ago or they'd moved on like I had.

Giggling, I wrapped my arms around them both as Luc wandered off to find our luggage; he was giving us space, I knew, but I still already missed him. "Y'all were literally in Italy for my birthday a month ago, Moo-maw!"

"A month is far too long to go without seeing grandkids!" A tear slipped from her eye as she hugged me closer again, as if the constriction of her arms around me could make up for lost time. "You've grown into such a beautiful, strong young lady!"

"A beautiful young lady who has caught the attention of one certain man..." Rooster's voice was a quiet muse as he hugged me next, and I instinctively froze in his arms; if he even began to suspect that Luc and I were Mates, he'd call Mom and I'd be back home locked away from Luc faster than you can say pervert.

'I am not a pervert, thank you very much,' Luc growled quietly through my head, even while appearing at my side in the flesh; there was a playful glare in his eyes as we all began walking out of the airport gates to the parking lot. 'And your parents cannot, and will not, tear us apart, little one!'

Torn between wanting oh so desperately to believe him, and knowing just how overprotective my parents were, I decided to drop the issue and instead took a deep breath of Texas air; it had been a long time since I'd been to Texas, but it never ceased to thrill me. The Texas sun, however, was always hot against my skin, so I knew the sweatshirt I wore would have to come off eventually.

'You can bet your sexy little ass that it will be off, as soon as we're alone, baby!' Luc's voice was a sexy chuckle as he smirked down at me, brows wiggling suggestively. 'And those tight little ass-hugging shorts and tempting knee-high socks, not to mention that mint green thong and bra set that I know you've got on...'

My gray Converse stumbled across the parking lot as I practically choked on my own breath; a fusion of images and fantasies, doubts and fears swam around in my head as I slid the Mind Block into place, at least until we were away from Moo-maw and Rooster. What if they had somehow heard his thoughts, or I physically reacted whether than just in my head?!?

'You've got to be joking if you think a simple, cute little Mind Block will keep me away, little one, because it won't,' Luc smirked, voice mixing a rather angry growl and a sweetly caressing murmur together, 'And neither will your parents or Moo-maw and Rooster!'

By this point, we'd arrived at Moo-maw and Rooster's Suburban, where Luc loaded our luggage into the back before holding the back door open for me; wordlessly climbing in, I'd be lying if I said the look that passed between us didn't ignite the all-too familiar, always welcome fire in the pit of my stomach and nether regions.

'You do realize that the sex is gonna have to stop, right,' I giggled, raising a brow in mockery, as he slid into the seat beside me. 'I mean, I am carrying your child!' I'd only been pregnant for about two and a half weeks, but that didn't mean that I didn't already have maternal instincts that screamed at me to protect my baby; being a Shifter only intensified those already growing feelings within me, and I wondered if one day I'd just all of a sudden snap beneath the weight.

'I won't let you, sweetheart,' Luc murmured sweetly through my head, our eyes locking across the space between us. 'I will always be here, little one, for you and the baby- our baby.'

I knew that if I put my hand on my stomach, just this once, to feel even the tiniest of flutters from my baby, everyone would immediately ask a billion and one questions, so I resisted the temptation; instead, I flashed a smile over my shoulder at Luc and turned towards the window, watching the scenery go by. What would my mother say when I told her that I would be a mother?!?!?

"How's your mother, dear? Still the same worry-wart that she was when we left?" Could Moo-maw somehow read my mind, let alone hear my thoughts?!? Still, I knew that if she could, I'd already be in deep shit, and Luc would be six feet under.

"She's good! I mean, if you wanna call stopping the boys from killing each other good, then I guess she's actually great!" Giggling, I realized then how little time I'd spent with her, or even Daddy- but especially the boys- since Luc had been back.

'There will be plenty of time to spend with your family when you're swollen with our child and on bed-rest,' Luc interjected, arching a brow down at me in silent command, 'Because I can assure you, little one, you will be on bed-rest and you will let me spoil you!"

Rolling my eyes, I shot him the finger as discreetly as I could, hoping Moo-maw and Rooster didn't see. "She still loves to bake, and I love that she loves to bake; of course, with the boys still living at home, it's hard to eat the whole cake like I want to, but that's why there's a light in the refrigerator!"

As we continued rolling down the highway and catching up, I couldn't help but sigh in bliss; I had my Mate, we had our baby, and there was nothing we couldn't do when we were together.

~000~

"This is home!" Rooster swept his arm wide outside his rolled down window as my keen eyes surveyed the large plot of land; rolling plains as far as the eye could see, far away from anyone else but still a close drive into town. "We'll let y'all get settled and finish the barbecue!"

Hugging them both close one more time, I followed after Luc as he carried our luggage upstairs and into the guest rooms; we both already knew that we'd share the same bed, obviously, but just as obviously we couldn't let Moo-maw or Rooster know.

"Which room do you want, little one?" There were only four bedrooms in the whole house, plus an office, so there wasn't much choice, anyway; still, the house was the perfect size should Moo-maw and Rooster have any guests.

"Your mother's room has an en suite bathroom, if you'd like that one," Moo-maw yelled up the stairs with a smile, "It's the first door on the left, sweetheart!"

Opening that door, I was surprised at Moo-maw's earlier words; this was my mother's room? But it looked so pink and frilly! Not that her room at home was dark and dreary, but I at least expected to see a little bit of color besides pink. Raising a brow, I walked inside nonetheless and sank onto the queen sized, four poster bed; at least the bed was comfy!

'At this point, baby, it doesn't matter what room you choose- I am not staying in this one! You can come across the hall to mine...' With that, he set my bags down and walked out, with barely a passing glance.

I understood why, that was true, but it still upset me that, even now, in the far reaches of the United States, my Mate and I couldn't even share a heartfelt, meaningful gaze without someone questioning us; still, I'd rather have that short glance and be happy with him than be caught in a hot and heavy make out session and have him ripped away from me.

'Oh, baby, as soon as these lights go out tonight, it's just you and me, between the sheets!' A small smile touched his lips as he sighed- I knew him so well that I knew what he was doing even as he stood across the hall from me. 'I swear that to you right now, my little Mate!'

Of course, his words put images into my head until I was a wet, panting mess, so I was thanking the goddess that Moo-maw hollered up the stairs for me. "Bella dear, would you mind helping me fix the salad?"

I quickly learned that was code for lets talk about Luc like he can't hear us or doesn't have a direct link to my thoughts...

~000~

"He sure is a handsome young man, I'll give him that," she giggled- giggled, like a schoolgirl in elementary school with her first crush.

"Moo-maw!" My voice was a gasp of mock surprise even as it carefully hid my possessive growl, "Don't let Rooster hear you say that!" And don't say anything like that again, or I'll react and the gig will be up!

"All I'm saying is, I remember when I was that young and oh so in love with your grandpa," she smiled, sending a wink just for Rooster, "So it's nice to see that you haven't let your parent's prejudices get in the way of that."

My jaw hit the floor at her words as I choked on my breath, my panic giving sure sign that her words affected me; about to ask a million and one questions about what she was talking about, I sighed in relief as Rooster bustled inside with a plate of barbecue. Did she know?!?

'Relax, sweetheart, there's no way she could know,' Luc sighed, settling two seats away from me and piling a plate high with food, 'Even if she does know, that does not and will not change a thing!'

Rooster cleared his throat, immediately pulling me from my internal meltdown, and stabbed his steak knife into the air in Luc's general direction. "I hope you enjoy it here, Luciano, I really do."  He flashed a small smile before continuing, "Don't think for a second that we're gonna be near as uncourteous as my daughter and son-in-law; I'm sorry they've made it so difficult on you, son." He rolled his eyes with a quiet scoff under his breath, "If they would get past everything your father- not you- has done, we'd be in a helluva lot better shape, wouldn't we?!?"

His words floored me just as much as Moo-maw's had, but understanding still clicked into place; they knew what had happened between me and Luc, and how Mom and Daddy have hated him ever since- and they still accepted him into their home as if he was one of their own!

"I know that you care for my granddaughter, Luciano." Are these people trying to choke me to death or something?!? The water that I'd just swallowed rushed its way right back up as my eyes bugged out of my head. "Just be careful with her, son, please. She's been through a lot- and I know that Luna and Alessio blame you for that- but you're here, right now, trying your hardest to make it up to her.

Don't let anything they- or anyone else- say or do get in your way of making her happy, Luc," he smiled gently between Luc and I as he slid his fingers between mine under the table, "Because that's what a Mate is supposed to do."

At this point, about 90% of my food fought its way back up my throat and it was only through sheer luck that I managed to keep it down. "You know that we're Mates?!?"

Why the hell couldn't my own parents be as supportive as Moo-maw and Rooster?!?!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 6.2K 50
I'm not amazing at descriptions but enjoy. Also there are a quite a few mentions of s3lf harm and rap3 so be warned! Also Bella bashing. When a certa...
61.9K 1.8K 39
Nevaeh, the pack servant, hopes her mate will one day take her to a love-filled world where there are no daily beatings on her schedule. But when th...
1.5K 155 33
(UNDER SUPER HEAVY EDITING) You will NOT understand this if you start to read it right now!!!!! Please don't read this yet!! I'm re-editing this whol...
41K 1.3K 21
WHEN ALESSANDRA THINKS ABOUT HER MATE, SHE IMAGINES HIM BEING A LOVING PERSON WHO WOULD GIVE HIS LIFE JUST LIKE HER BROTHER HAS SAID HE WOULD FOR HIS...