The Popular Girl

By stephpanda

Looking at him from across the cafeteria my heart just stops. He bites his lower lip slightly as he reads the... More

The Nerd and the Popular Girl
Chapter 2
CHARACTERS
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (yay!)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50!
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
BASICALLY JUST CUTE SHIT
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER
SURPRISE

Chapter 63

20K 733 100
By stephpanda

26k WHISSIOS AHHHHHH SHIIITTTTT

---

I munched on my fries as Aiden drove me back home. I could tell there was some sort of tension in the air, "if you need to get something off your chest-"

"Yeah I like you a lot." He said rudely interrupting me. I rolled my eyes but my insides tingled.

"Actually I really fucking love you." He said loud and proud. "But you already know that." He turned to me and winked.

I'm so confused.

I gulp before I speak up, "yeah well you also love geometry problems so I mean.." I put my hands in front of me like a balance and leveled them out.

"You're special." He lifted one of the hands way higher than the other.

Ok.

Just accept the fact that he loves us!

Ok! But what if he leaves us like last time. Remember that!? This is fucking hard for me ok. I can't just say yes when all of my walls that I built are still up and strong. I can't.

I need some sign of commitment. That he won't just fucking leave me like last time. I need more than and 'I love you' that may have been enough for high school lizzy. But, I've changed.

He got to my driveway and opened his door walking around and opening mine. I slip out and walk towards my door. He follows close behind.

"Thank you for tonight. It was.." I smile, "different." He takes this as a bad sign because he frowns.

"Look I'm sorry I ruined everything and not just with the date but-"

"Aiden." I stop him. "I had a great time." I look down "can we just leave it at that please." I whisper.

He nods his head and then hugs me softly. My arms fall loosely beside me. "Please lizzy." He whispers.

I regain my senses and clutch onto him. I hug him back like my life depends on it. Oh god please don't let me go.

He doesn't. He clings tighter and I can't help but loosen up, I'll start crying like the crybaby that I am. I take a step back and examine him.

"I missed those." He whispers.

I lean in and touch my lips with his.

Oh what the hell

He grabs onto my face on instinct and pulls me closer. I move my lips against his until his tongue greets  me. I open my mouth and kiss him more. He lets out a low moan as I pull his hair.

OK ABORT ABORT. STAY STRONG LIZ

I pull back while soft pants escape me.

"That was ama-"

"Goodnight." I walk into the door and just about close it before he holds it open.

"Woah woah-"

"I can't invite you in."

He looks at me confused. "I'm not a fucking vampire-"

"That's.." I laugh. "That's not why." I stand there while he looks at me. "I won't have any self restrain if you walk into my house. And we'll do things.." His eyes light up. "That I don't know if I'm ready for." He looks at me puzzled but nods.

"I understand." But I can tell that he does not fucking understand. If I let him come inside I will not be a STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN.

ok first rule. Always leave him wanting more.

I kiss him once more and he immediately grabs my waist.

I pull away and walk inside. "Goodnight Aiden"

"Goodness you are such a fucking tease Elizabeth rive-"

I slam the door on his face and a laugh escapes me. "Drive safe!"

"Yeah yeah." I hear him mumble.

---

"So you guys are together!?" Ashley shoves me off the bed.

"No. Well.. No I mean yeah. Well.." I look at her and sigh. "It's complicated. I don't know Ashley. I'm so confused." I lay my head on her lap.

"Life is confusing lovebug. It's alright." She plays with my hair slowly and I sigh. "I understand that you're not sure. And that's ok! Take all the time you need. It's your life. You need to make sure you live it the way you want to with the people you want."

I smile and hug her, "thank you."

---

It's Saturday night, our first show and I couldn't be happier for these girls. They all giggle as they practice their routine once more.

Mrs. Lane grabs my shoulder and I see her wide eyes, "Liz please help me!" She rushes over to a girl and I quickly follow my heart beat racing. I see Alice sitting there crying her eyes out.

"Oh munchkin! What's wrong?" I question. I hold her little head up and she sniffles.

"My m-mom and d-dad can't make it. They-they were fi-fighting." She starts sobbing silently again and my heart breaks. I see her mascara smear and I quickly pick her up.

"Where are we going?" She says quietly.

I walk through a door and see all the girls getting ready I see the stage ahead and the curtain that hides us from the audience. I walk behind it and hurry to the bathroom. I open the door and lock it behind me placing Alice on the sink.

"Ok sweetheart lets get you cleaned up."

"No.." She whispers. "I don't want to dance. My parents aren't there what's the point." Her eyes start to water again and I quickly stop the tears.

"Hey hey hey. Don't think like that sweetie." I place the stool under her feet so she can reach the sink. "Now wash your face for me." She looks at me and I smile. "Please."

She washes it with her tiny hands and I get the napkins ready. "You know something Alice.. You don't need you parents there all the time. No matter where they are they love you. No matter if they're right next to you or miles away. They'll always love you."

I point to her heart. "They're right there." I smile, "they are with you always."

She sniffles. "How do you know that?"

I sigh. "My dad passed away when I was younger." Her eyes widen. "But he's still with me." I smile. "I talk to him all the time. I can feel him when ever I'm sad or mad or happy! I know he's always by my side."

I cup her face slightly. "Alice you're never alone." I grin and reach for the makeup bag in the corner. I start her eyeshadow quickly then add blush and sparkles leaving the lipstick last.

"All done." I let her look in the mirror and she smiles. "You ready darling?"

"I'm ready." She grins. We walk out hand in hand and she makes her way to her friends.

"Five minutes. We're on in five!" I hear someone shout.

"Alright girls go out there do your best! And HAVE FUN! This is all pointless if you don't have fun. Ok?" They nod their heads and then all tackle me in a hug.

"Aw." I hug them all while my heart explodes. This is what I live for.

"I'll be watching you all do a great job. Now I have to go. MUAH!" I blow a kiss dramatically and they giggle.

I turn around only to bump into someone. "Oh I'm sorry I was-"

My eyes widen. "What are you doing here?"

I should have known. Every single person I bump into always turns out to be-

"I wasn't about to miss this performance Elizabeth." Aiden grins.

I walk passed him to the stairs. "Well we need to hurry to find seats-" he pulls my arm back.

"These are for you.." He hands me a bouquet of red roses. My eyes widen.

"M-me?" I question.

He brought me red roses.

"Thank you." I take them and admire their beauty, "they're.."

"Breath taking." He whispers looking directly at me.

"Exactly." I look at his ocean eyes and my heart floats. Oh the power he has over me and my emotions is something I'll never be able to fully comprehend.

"We should uh.. We should find seats now. I have like five reserved if you want to sit by-"

"Oh course I want to sit with you lets go." He grabs my waist and I let out a yelp as he leads me down the steps and to the audience.

I sit in my chair and fidget with my fingers. "So you choreographed this whole thing."

I whimper, "yes."

"Then I already know this is going to be fantastic." He chuckles and lays back as the lights dim.

Hopefully he's impressed by my work, he can do so many things... If he thinks that I can't even do this then well.. There's nothing left for me to try and impress him with.

Just then I feel a warmth creep up my arm and I shiver as I feel fingers interlock with mine. I gasp softly as his thump make small circles around my hand.

I can't stop the smile that makes its way onto my lips. And I don't even bother to hide it. I feel his eyes on my face and I turn.

"What?" I whisper.

"Please tell me I put that smile on your face." His eyes look between mine for a moment and I see hope.

"You did.." My voice low and calm.

His expression softens and he grips my hand tighter giving it a squeeze.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me." He whispers so softly. He turns back to the stage still holding my hand in his. I stare at him for a small moment and then turn as well.

'You have no idea how happy that makes me'

---

Short chapter excuse errors. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.2K 1.5K 19
Gerard and Frank are best friends. But even though they live in the same house, Frank has no idea that Gerard is gay and likes him. Will it change th...
50.5K 1.7K 17
777 is what he lives by everyday. Lailani live by the morals of everyday life and worship the lord named Allah. When Lailani meets Stokeley things i...
396K 22.4K 32
Highest Ranking- #3 in Short Story (First in teen dialogue series) "He-" "I am so sorry aunt Claire, I forgot to send a cab to pick you up from airp...
1.3K 59 5
What if a girl got chance to change everything? What if she was the best friend of the evil?What if she was smarter than Krishna?Read the changed ver...