Dauntless life (sequel to Tri...

TMIdivergent3 tarafından

SEQUEL TO TRIS PEDRAD Claire Eaton is finally a teenager. Being the eldest of five kids she wasn't exactly ex... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Epilogue

Chapter 27

253 8 4
TMIdivergent3 tarafından

After the meeting I pick up the folder that holds all the papers that I need to take back to Dauntless. I stand up out of my chair and push it back in. I start to head out of the room and I walk down the hallway. I hear footsteps loudly behind me but I don't want to look back. I just try to pick up speed with out being to obvious, but they still caught up to me. 

"I'm Marcus Eaton," the man says and I try not to glare at him. "You are Claire right?"

"Yes I am. Now I need to go, I have a train to catch," I say to him without sounding rude. Way to go Claire!

"I heard you talking to Mrs. Prior before the meeting, and I heard my sons name. I believe you said he adopted you," Marcus says and his face lights up at the mention of dad.

"I did," I say and start to walk again.

"Wait Claire!" he says and steps in front of me again. "Please tell him I'm sorry. I never thought I would get the chance to apologize."

"I'm not a messenger," I growl and stomp away.

"Please just tell me a little about him, that's all I ask," Marcus begs and I just glare at him.

"He married Tris Pedrad, and he has five sons," I say and walk away from him. I really didn't want to talk to him at all today or ever. 

###################################

We arrive back at Dauntless and I head home. I go to unlock my door, but I stop when I hear a noise inside.

Yep so don't want to know.

I just turn away from the door and head to the mall to go o the café. I order a hot chocolate and two chocolate chip cookies. I wait neat the end of the of the counter and wait for my order. It only takes a couple minutes before they give my my hot chocolate and my bag of two cookies. I turn to go find a seat and I see Carter with a little girl. I smile and go over to him.

"Claire! Hey!" he says and scoots over in the booth. I smile at him and sit down.

"Hey Carter," I say and look over to the little girl who looks very shy. "Hi, I'm Claire." I say to her and she raises her hand a little to wave.

"Claire this is my niece Skye, Skye this is my... friend Claire," Carter smiles and I shake my head and laugh. 

"It's nice to meet you Skye. You are so pretty," I say and I hear a faint thank you.

I see Carter smile towards his niece. "She is awfully shy. I blame her father."

"How old are you?" I ask her.

"Seven," she says louder than before.

"I have a little brother your age, his name is Jackson. He's almost eight," I say and her face lights up.

"My birthday is in a week, that's why Uncle Carter took me to lunch," she smiles and I instantly feel bad.

"I'm sorry I interrupted," I turn to Carter and he shakes his head. 

"Don't be, I'm glad you are here," he smiles towards me.

"I think it'll be fun to take Uncle Carter to a girl store," Skye laughs and I smile at her.

"Let's go to one of my favorite stores when I was your age," I say to her and she turns to Carter and begs him to go. He keeps glaring at me and I roll my eyes.

"Please Carter!" I beg and he rolls his eyes at me. I kiss his cheek and Skye laughs.

"I guess," Carter groans and I smirk. "But you need to finish your lunch."

I take another sip of my hot chocolate and grab a cookie out of the bag. I take a bite and I see Skye looking at it. I grab the second cookie and give it to her.

"This is a little early birthday present,"I say. "Don't worry I'll get you something else."

"Thanks Claire!" Skye cheers.

After she finished her lunch we left the café and went to Dauntless Divas. Don't question the name, it is probably one of the worst shop names in Dauntless, but I loved it as a kid. Skye goes straight for the dresses and starts to look at them. I chose a red dress that has flower designs in white and black  over it. I show it to Skye and she takes it from my hands with a smile. Carter already has a black dress with purple polka-dots, and a plain red dress. She gives the dress to Carter who just rolls his eyes. She goes to the tutus and grabs a purple one, a red one, and a black one, all with glitter. She gives those to Carter and goes across the store an grabs a few different red and black shirts. She grabs a pair jean shorts, and a leather jacket.

"You need to try these on," Carter says and we head to the dressing rooms. Carter places the clothes on the small bench, and I tell her that if she needed help I'd help her. She nods and goes into the dressing room. 

She comes out in a a black shirt and red tutu and we tell her she doesn't have to try on every tutu and shirt, knowing that they will fit. Except she says no and she wants to try on everything. Carter just sits on the floor and sighs. 

Skye comes out a lot of times showing us every outfit. Carter and I tell her she is good to go with each outfit. After what felt like forever she is down and we garb all the clothes she just tried on. Carter takes them to the counter and sets them all down. The cashier starts to scan the items and places them in bags. Skye is basically jumping up and down with excitement. After all the clothes were scanned the cashier said it was 136 credits. I grab 64 credits and give them to the cashier and Carter gives the other 64 credits.

"You didn't have to pay," Carter whispers. 

"No this was my idea I was helping pay," I whisper back.

The cashier gives us the bags with a smile. "You two have a gorgeous child."

"Actu-" 

"Thanks," Carter smiles and we leave the shop.

"Why didn't you tell her that she was't our kid?" I ask Carter as Skye skips ahead of us.

"Because then she would've felt bad making an assumption, and I wanted to get out of the girl store," Carter says and I roll my eyes.

"Of course you wanted to," I say. We start to walk to who knows where, I think we are heading to a candy shop. 

"Skye come back here," Carter says and Skye comes right in between us.

 She takes my hand and Carter's hand with her other hand. We start to walk, Skye and I just walking without a clue of where we are going. Carter stops for a second, because we ran into his friend. They talk for a couple minutes before Skye begins to tug on his arm, telling him to keep walking. Carter laughs at Skye and says goodbye to his friend. 

"Who was that?" I ask him and he turns towards me. 

"Noah, he was in my initiation class. He got third," Carter tells me. "He just started dating Kayla from your initiation."

"She is so nice," I say and he nods. 

We arrive at a candy store, just like I guessed we would, and Carter and Skye run in and get a bag each. I help Skye fill her bag up with the candy she likes. Carter is enjoying his time here. He fills his bag up, with basically every candy. I grab a bag for myself and add a few chocolate covered raisins and peanuts. Also some chocolate with caramel. I tie up my bag and Skye's, and Carter has some difficulty tying his. His is filled up with to much candy. I laugh at him and he just sticks  his tongue out at me.

"Let's go but this okay," I tell Skye and we go to the cash register. I pay 16 credits for the two of us, and by the time I pay Carter comes up to pay for his. 

When he is done he says that it is time for Skye to go home. It's already three o'clock. We take her back to her home. After that Carter starts to take me back to mine, which is basically on the other side of the compound. 

"Thank you for letting me come spend lunch with you and your niece, she is absolutely adorable," I say and Carter smiles.

"I had a great time. I'm glad you came with us," he tells me. "How was you day today?"

"As good as any work day can be. Boring meeting, boring train ride, boring people," I say and he nods.

"Sounds like my job," Carter laughs and I do too. "Why did you come to the cafe today?"

"Yeah that's the awkward part of today," I shiver at the thought. Carter raises an eyebrow at me, "I went to my house after I got back today and was about to unlock my door, lets just say K and Robbie thought I would be back later and wanted to have some fun alone time." Carter laughs and I hit his arm. "It's true!"

Carter just laughs, and then I start laughing. I decide to make Carter carry my on his back, so I step behind him and jump, wrapping my arms around his neck. In surprise his groans and wraps his arms under my knees.

"Ok now let's continue to my apartment."

Carter starts to run and I squeal with excitement. He goes to turn a corner, but comes to an abrupt stop. I take my head off of his shoulder and see Blake with Ben. I offer him a small smile before Carter goes around him and then starts to run again.

Of course I run into Blake everywhere I go now, so why am I surprised. I've seen him more this past week, than the last year. Oh well.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

31.8K 1.8K 47
Second book is now up on Wattpad! "One Choice." [DISCONTINUED] - Sorry || In the last book of The Divergent Series, Allegiant, Tris doesn't die. She...
262K 7.2K 59
Tris Pedrad has two brothers. Zeke, who is two years older and Uriah, her twin. Of course they both are the annoying, protective older brother type...
759K 18.2K 68
Two years after Allegiant Tris comes back to the factions. Nobody knows who she really is, even Tobias. She's not sure she's ready to tell anyone tha...
8K 108 44
FOURTRIS!!are in a relationship in this version of the story All characters belong to Veronica Roth (Who I am going to kill after reading Allegaint f...