Mr. Billionaire And Her ✔

By dreamaginer

Jessica Summers is a simple and a beautiful young lady who has recently lost her parents and has moved to sta... More

Disclaimer/Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Interview w/ Dean & Jessica
Author's Note

Chapter 27

93.2K 3.1K 646
By dreamaginer

Please ignore weird typos and grammatical errors!

* * *

Jessica Summers

The traffic was too much and all the way, I kept crying as Dean's words kept repeating in my head.

'...I fucking loved you with all my heart, dammit. But you never saw that because you only had your eyes for my money, not me...'

'...I don't ever want you back in my life, ever again...'

I always lost people I loved. I lost my mom and dad, and now I lost Dean too. I should be used to it, right? Losing people I love. I was not.

I had to accept the fact that I won't ever get Dean back and it's better I go away from his life like he said. He deserved someone better than me, someone whose life wasn't like mine, someone with less problems in her life.

Once I get Jake back from Mark I should be gone from this place, I decided.

"Jess, we are here." Tasha said softly. I didn't realize we'd reached already.

I looked around and gasped as I saw the place. It was a deserted place. There wasn't even a single fly here, the surrounding was completely empty. We were in front of an old, three storeyed building. It looked as if the whole building had caught fire a few years ago, because there were big black burnt patches all over it.

I gulped loudly and looked at Tasha. She also had the same expression like mine. Fear.

Jessica, you are strong. You can do it. I told myself and took a deep breath before exhaling slowly.

"You want me to go inside with you?" Tasha was scared. It was all written over her face.

I shook my head. "No. You stay here and wait for us. If anything happens don't come in. I'll send Jake to you if I want any kind of help. Okay?"

She grabbed my hand and nodded her head. "Good luck, Jessica."

I took the briefcase from the back seat and climbed out of the car.

I stood in front of the huge gates and craned my head taking another look of the building. It was a matter of only ten minutes. Go in, give the briefcase to him and get back Jake. That's it.

Praying to God silently, I pushed the rusty iron gates open, the clanking sound of it was irritating and I couldn't help but cringe.

As I started walking inside I looked back to see Tasha, she nodded her head in an encouraging manner. Exhaling loudly I made my way inside.

Clutching the handle of the briefcase tightly I walked further and further but stopped when I heard a voice out of no where.

"Right on time, I see?" It was his voice but I couldn't see him anywhere.

"You will do as I say, got it?"

I nodded my head vigorously.

"Keep walking..." I did as he told me to do and tried to remember the way.

Few minutes after walking straight he told me to take a left turn. It was an open space and I was now behind the building. There were tons of wooden crates, barrels and also two trucks. There was another building about 100 meters away. He asked me to walk to that building.

When I reached the building, Mark came out from inside. He looked the same as before except this time there was a vertical scar along the side of his forehead.

"Hello, Jessica." he smirked.

"Where is Jake?" I asked and looked behind him to search Jake.

"Why are you in a hurry?"

"I brought what you wanted," extending my hand to give him the briefcase I continued "Take it and give me Jake."

I wanted to get out here as soon as possible.

"Okay, okay." he took the briefcase and opened it, he eyes widened in delight seeing the bills. He took out a stack of cash and smelled it.

"Where is Jake?" I gritted my teeth.

Closing the briefcase he disappeared into the room from where he'd come a while ago.

Next thing I saw was Jake running towards me. I crouched down on my knees and spread my arms open as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Aunt Jesss!" I wrapped him in my arms as he wrapped his tiny hands around my neck and we hugged each other.

Unwrapping him from my arms I examined his whole body if in case he was hurt anywhere.

I blew out a relieved breath when I didn't find him injured or hurt.

I kissed his head and asked, "Jake, are you okay?"

He nodded his head.

"Did that person hurt you? Did he do anything to you?"

"No," he smiled. "He did not hurt me, he always scolded me but I am a brave boy, Aunt Jess. I did not get scared."

"Oh, Jake. Yes, you are a very brave boy and also very strong." I kissed his forehead and stood up to leave.

"Whoa... Leaving already?" Mark said. I turned around to face him.

"What do you want now?" I yelled.

"Watch your tone, bitch. You are still in my territory, don't forget." his anger made me finch. Jake hugged my leg trying to hide from him.

"I got what I wanted from your boyfriend. But what about you?" he smirked. "I haven't yet told you what I want from you."

My eyes widened and my hold on Jake tightened. What did he mean by that? Was he pulling another stunt now?

"Wh-What do you... want, fr-from... me?" I stammered. I was a fool to think that he would let me go, just like that.

Oh God!

"You are to stay here." he said nonchalantly.

"What?" fear rushed into my body. No! This can't happen.

"You heard me. You will be coming with me."

"No, never!"

"Do you have any idea how it's going to be if you come with me? I'll completely change your life. You can be a mistress to a rich person. Not only that, you can also earn money, all you have to do is go with the person who finds you interesting. Ah, not only one...plenty of them." he laughed.

As I digested what he said tears formed in my eyes. He made me feel so cheap. I shut my eyes tightly and bit my lip to suppress my anger. I had had enough!

"You disgusting bastard!" I screamed at him. "What do you think of yourself? You are a sick person. You and Lisa almost ruined me the last time. Why are you doing this to me? What have I ever done to you? Why are you chasing me? What do you want fr-" I froze when I heard the sound of a bullet.

Mark fired a bullet in the air. He had a gun!

"Just shut it!" he shouted.

Jake squirmed behind my leg. I didn't dare to open my mouth again.

"Don't utter a word." he swirled the gun in his hand and he held a cigarette in other hand which I didn't notice when he lit it.

"If you wouldn't have ran away all those months ago, you wouldn't be here in this place," he wandered his hands around, "And in this situation. It's not too late, leave all this bullshit behind and come with me." he walked closer to me and separated Jake from me causing him to whimper.

"I'd set my eyes on you long back when I saw you work in that café. Young and beautiful. I know you're inexperienced, I will teach you. Women like you have a lot of demand in the market." he laughed evilly.

I looked away from him. He was a low class prick. He wanted to sell me to someone. I shudder as the thought of me being sold to some person in this world. Thank God, I ran away from them, that was the best decision I ever made in my life.

"So you are staying with me here and this little bastard can run off."

No way. I was not gonna let that happen. Not again, I had to get out from here.

"I am not staying." I spat, anger raged inside me.

Instead of getting angry on me, he smiled.

"Okay then, you asked for it." he said and pointed the gun towards Jake. I gasped loudly.

"Noo!" I screamed and pushed his arm making him miss his target, he didn't shoot though. I pushed him more hard and he stumbled backwards. I grabbed his hand trying to snatch the gun from him.

"Jake! Run away. Run!!" I screamed. Jake stood where he was without blinking his eyes. I was struggling to block him from any angle possible so that he couldn't shoot at all.

"Get out of here. Run to your Mom!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. He blinked his eyes as if he now understood what I said. Nodding his head he turned around and ran.

For a second my hold on him loosened a bit and that was all he needed. He pushed me away and pointed his gun to Jake.

I tripped on my feet and as I was about fall back I somehow balanced myself.

It was hard for Mark to point properly on Jake's head. Once he was firm with his target, I saw his finger in the trigger hole and just as he was about to pull the trigger my mind and heart told me to do only one thing and my body obeyed the order.

Dive for the bullet.

• • •

Dean Walker

"Urgh!! Fuck everything!" I screamed out loud and pushed away everything that was on the table. All the files, papers and things fell on the floor and I kicked the chair away, it hit the window wall at the back.

I collapsed on my knees. Resting my hands in my hair I cried like an idiot.

God really loved to see me suffer, didn't He?

But why me?

I had been struggling my whole fucking life. Life had never brought me any happiness apart from giving me Mary's family.

I struggled so hard to become who I was today. I knew at a very young age that to get what you want, you had work hard and struggle for it.

Life taught me everything. I learned how to face every kind of situation, how to survive in this big business world, how to hide my emotions, how and when to be evil, how important money was in this world, every-fucking-thing. I even learned how to not get affected when a person you loved leat you.

But right now, I felt new to this feeling. It felt as if my heart had been ripped from my chest and it fucking hurt.

When I thought there was someone who'd share my pain and gain, who'd always be by my side that person betrayed me just a while ago.

Never in my life did I think about loving a person when my mama left me, all alone in this bad world. But when I thought of giving another chance to it, Jess ruined it all for me this time.

I wanted to hate her but my heart didn't seem to like that idea.

She was bad. She was evil. She never loved me. She only loved my money. She was no angel in my life. Everything was an act.

Thinking about all the time we spent together made me angry. It made me want to explode.

Why the fuck was I crying? She didn't deserve my tears. She didn't deserve me and nor I, her. I am not weak, I won't let some girl to ruin me like this.

I vow to never fall in love, ever again.

I wiped away my tears and got up. I had work to do I couldn't sit and cry over a girl.

Taking a sip of water I calmed myself down but the ache in my head was unbearable. I needed a drink.

Deciding on hitting some club, I called Mrs. Jenkins to cancel my schedule for today.

"Clear my schedule for the day, Mrs. Jenkins." I barked my order through the phone.

"Uh, I'm sorry Sir, but you have a meeting with the Chinese investor Mr. Wang in a few minutes." she spoke, I could hear fear in her voice.

"I don't give a fuck. Just cancel it."

"I'm afraid I can't do it, Sir. Mr. Wang and his team are already in the conference hall, waiting for you."

Goddammit. I let out a exasperated sigh and clenched my jaw.

"Alright. I'll be there in a minute."

Composing and calming myself, I adjusted my suit coat and walked out of my cabin to head to the conference hall.

"Good evening, Mr. Walker." Mr. Wang greeted me and I replied with a small curt nod.

I was in no mood for this right now, but I had to talk to them.

"Let's get over with this as soon as possible." I said and the presentation was displayed in the dark room.

One of Mr. Wang's teammate started explaining the presentation and I tried to get all the points written in my head.

"Mr. Walker..." Mrs. Jenkins entered the hall in the middle of the meeting, without bothering to even knock the door.

"What is it?" I scowled.

"It's a call-"

"It can wait. Leave." I said coldly.

"But-"

"I said leave, Mrs. Jenkins."

"It's your sister, Tasha."

Tasha? Was everything alright?

"She doesn't seem fine..."

"Excuse me Ladies and Gentlemen but I gotta go." I scurried out from the hall and ran to my cabin.

"Hello," I said breathlessly.

"Dean..." Tasha cried on the other end.

"Hello, Tasha? Tasha, what happened?"

"Jake...and..."

What the fuck. What happened to Jake?

"And... Jessica,"

My heart dropped when I heard her name.

"Dean hurry-" she gasped and screamed. I heard a faint sound of bullet firing in the background.

"Tasha, where are you? Where are Jake and Jessica? Was that the sound of gun?"

"Oh my God. Dean come here. It's been a long time since Jessica went inside. Oh God, Get the cops. Come here soon, please!" she begged.

Went inside? Where?

"Goddammit, tell me where you are?!"

She told me the address and asked me to get cops to that place.

I ran out of my cabin called Alex. Getting out of the building, he drove me to that place. On the way I called Mr. John Warner-the head of police department, and asked him to arrive at the location with his team.

What was Tasha doing there in such a deserted area? That place was not safe. And what in world was Jessica doing with Tasha? Wait, Tasha was supposed to be at the ranch, not here. Fuck, what was going on?

"Alex, faster!"

"Uh- yes, Mr. Walker." he hit the gas paddle. I couldn't wait to go there.

Five minutes later we reached the building, I saw Tasha sitting in the car. Getting out of my car I ran to her and opened the car door.

She sprang out and hugged me sobbing.

"What's going on?" I asked as I stroked her arms.

She immediately pulled away and said. "Go get Jessica and Jake first! I don't know what's going on in there. Hurry!" she pushed me towards the entrance.

The fuck! What's going on here?

Just then three police cars halted behind my car and I saw John Warner walk towards me.

"Mr. Walker, what's the matter?"

"Tasha, will you tell us?" I was getting irritated.

"It's not the time now. Mark has both Jake and Jessica. Go help them, please. I heard the sound of gun some time ago!" she started crying all over again.

Out of everything what Tasha said, my ears caught only one word. Mark.

I panicked. What he doing here? Fuck, he had Jake and Jessica? My blood boiled inside me.

"What?" I yelled. "Officer Warner, we need to get that bastard now. He is deadly dangerous." officer Warner nodded his head and ordered his team.

When we were about to go, Tasha insisted on coming inside with us, which I declined. But after her begging too much I gave up and agreed.

Quickly officer Warner with his team, Tasha and I entered the building. Officer Warner gave instructions to the other officers asking them to cover the whole building and asked us to go with him.

My heart was in my throat. I was damn scared.

Slowly and carefully we moved inside and as we neared a corner we heard Jess' voice, she was screaming at Mark.

"Okay then you asked for it." it was indeed that motherfuçker Mark.

Jess screamed and asked Jake to run away.

At that moment, officer Warner asked the other cops to surround Mark carefully. He then motioned us with his gun to follow him.

As silently as possible we sneaked from behind the wooden crates and barrels. When I saw what was actually going on, I abruptly halted.

Jess was trying to push Mark away as he was trying to aim Jake, who was running away, with his gun. But suddenly in a heart beat, Mark freed himself from Jess' hold and just as he was about to fire, Jess dived in the front.

Everything happened in slow motion.

The bullet was fired but instead of hitting Jake, Jess took the bullet.

My heart stopped beating.

I could hear nothing except another bullet being fired from somewhere, but it did not hit Jess. Officer Warner had shot Mark in the leg. All the cops surrounded him with their guns pointing to his head.

I couldn't move from my place when I saw her lying on the floor. It was becoming hard for me to breath, feeling as if I was shot instead of her. I didn't want to lose her. A tear slipped from my eye and rolled down my cheek.

Then suddenly, Go save her! My mind pulled me out of my trance and I ran to her. Her right shoulder was bleeding.

Collapsing on the floor, I pulled Jess onto my lap and cradled her face, her eyes opened slightly before shutting them again.

Right now, she reminded me so much of my mama.

No! Jess can't leave me and go.

"Hey, Jess?" I patted her cheek. "Jess! Jess, open your eyes. Look at me." she opened her eyes, her breaths were not even, she was gasping for air, breathing loudly.

"D..."

"I'm here, baby." I cried. "You will be fine. You hear me? I will not let anything happen to you." her eyes started shutting slowly but she was trying to keep them open. "Keep your eyes open!"

"Dea... I..." she gasped as she held my gaze for a few seconds before shutting her eyes completely.

"No, no, no... Jess? Jess? Jess!" I shook her. There was no movement. "Open your eyes, Dammit!" Why wasn't she opening her eyes?

"Baby, open your eyes for me. Look at me, I'm here. Your Dean is here... Open your eyes, please...for me..." I sobbed. My tears fell all over her face.

"Ambulance! Call the ambulance!" I screamed.

• • •

Jess was inside there battling for her life. It had almost been more than forty minutes, she was still in the operation theater. Dr. Cameron, one of the best surgeons, was operating her.

I was feeling as if my whole world was shattering.

Last time when I was in such situation, I couldn't save my mama. But this time I had some hope. I'd already gone through a lot losing my Mama, I couldn't lose Jess. I loved her more than my life. No matter what I couldn't survive without her. I needed her.

Whatever happened today was so unexpected. I don't even know exactly what happened. So many questions were roaming around in my head, itching to get answers.

Tasha was sitting on the opposite side of the corridor, as we waited for some news, any news from the doctors.

Jake was on her lap. She was hugging him as if he would vanish at any second.

She saw me looking at her. Getting up from the chair, she came and sat beside me.

"Everything is going to be fine. She will be fine." she whispered keeping her hand on my shoulder.

She has to be fine.

"What are you doing here? You were supposed to be back in town." I looked at her.

Her eyes grew big and her face turned pale. She looked away for a second before facing me back.

"Dean... I have to tell you something." she said softly.

"What is it?" I had a feeling it won't be anywhere close to good.

"I-I uh,... I never went back home." she wasn't looking at me anymore. "I have been staying at Jessica's apartment."

I looked at her in disbelief. Out of all the things I didn't expect it.

"You've been here all this time?" my voice raised.

She nodded at me slowly.

"That day, after you left the mall to go to Paris..." she began.

I sat there and listened to her. To say I was shocked was an understatement, I was beyond shocked. So much all happened when I wasn't here and none of them even bothered to inform me about it. Just fucking amazing!

Jess put herself in danger just so that she could save Jake and she did save him.

"Dean, she wasn't running away with your money. Heck, she wasn't even agreeing on withdrawing the money without your notice. I was the one who told her the other way. That's why after she withdrew the money she'd come to you to explain everything but it turned into something else...and... She really loves you, Dean."

I closed my eyes and let out a frustrated sigh. My heart tore apart. Damn me! God, what have I done? I hurt her really bad and now she was in there because of me.

If only I had listened to her then my baby wouldn't have been inside the operating room now battling for her life. I'd promised myself I would never hurt her. And today I had done it, I broke that promise.

But why didn't she tell me in the beginning? The matter wouldn't have reached till here. At least Alex... Anger started building up inside me when Tasha said Alex knew about it.

"So, Alex knew about it?" I was furious. "Why the fuck did he say he knew nothing when I asked him?"

I wasn't sitting on the chair anymore. I was pacing around the corridor.

"Because Jessica asked him not to. We couldn't let you know because Mark had warned us not to tell you. We didn't want to take any risk." she reasoned.

"Have you all fucking lost your minds?" I scolded. "He was clearly only threatening you all.

"Tasha, he is a very dangerous person. He is involved in human trafficking, you know that?" when I came to know about it from the cops, first thing I felt was relieved because Jess wasn't in trouble anymore. Second thing, I wanted kill him.

"What!? Oh my God," she gasped.

"Yes. But now his game is over. I have asked Officer Warner to put every possible case on him so that he won't be bailed out like he was in Spain." I said it more to myself than to Tasha.

Jake who was sleeping, woke up and my eyes softened at the sight of him. I walked to Tasha and took him in my arms; his bottom resting on my left forearm.

"Hey bud, you alright?" I asked as I brushed his hair off his forehead.

"Yes, I'm a brave boy Uncle Dean." he smiled wide.

"Of course, and also very strong."

"Aunt Jess also said the same thing. Will she be okay? Bad man hurt her." he said sadly.

My heart ached. Let her be fine, mama.

"You wanna eat something?" he nodded. "Let's go grab some food for you and your mom." I didn't want to go anywhere, I wanted to stay here until the doctor came out to say that she will be okay but Jake was hungry.

"I'm not hungry." she said.

I nodded in understanding and walked towards the stairs and headed to the cafeteria which was on the ground floor.

After Jake ate a cheese sandwich we came back as soon as possible. There was still no news from the doctor. I kept pacing back and forth in front of the operation theater. The time was ticking slowly.

From the corner of my eye when I saw Alex coming I instantly walked to him.

"I want to have a word with you." I said coldly.

"I know what you're going to say." he said sadly.

I glared at him and walked to the end of the corridor far away from the operation theater, Alex followed me.

"You knew about all of this."

He nodded his head, "Yes but I didn't have a clue about toda-"

"Save it." I gritted my teeth. I didn't want to listen to him. "You're fired, Mr. Alex Hampton." with that I walked back to Tasha.

Alex was best at his job, unfortunately he betrayed me by lying to me. I knew it was a risky situation but fuck it, he had to tell me everything, I paid him for that.

Then the doors opened and the doctor came out.

"Mr. Walker...the operation was successful." Dr. Cameron smiled.

I let out a breath which I didn't know was holding and relief rushed through me.

Thank you, God.

Thank you, mama.

"Ms. Summers lost lot of blood. It was really difficult to remove the bullet since it was close to her neck, but no worries, the bullet has been removed."

"Thank you, Dr. Cameron." I shook his hand.

"Ms. Summers will be shifted to the ICU and the rest will be handled by Dr. Thomson. If you want any other help you have my number. If you'll now excuse me," with that said Dr. Cameron left.

"See, she is fine." Tasha smiled.

I nodded at her with a half smile. I desperately wanted to go see her.

After we were informed about Jess being shifted, Tasha and I went to the down floor to the ICU. We were not allowed to go in yet.

An hour later, Dr. Thomson came out.

"Is she awake?" was my first question.

The middle aged doctor shook his head. "Not yet, Mr. Walker. But I did run few tests and... I'd like to speak to Ms. Summers family about it."

"I'm her family. You can speak to me." I was the only one she had after all and I was more than happy about it. "Is she fine?" I was worried.

"Okay... and yes she is fine but not completely, we have kept her under observation. Anyway, I actually wanted to tell you that Ms. Summers is pr-"

"Dr. Thompson, Ms. Summers has gained her consciousness." a nurse came out from inside.

"That's great. She gained her consciousness quite fast... Excuse me, I'll have to take a look at her and check her."

* * *
A/N: Hello amazing people! I hope you all liked this chapter.

Anyway I feel so bad right now for Jess, Dean and also Alex! Dean shouldn't have fired him but that's how it goes.

And guys, if you're looking for any paranormal stories please check out 'Ice Blue' by mistymusic24 I hope you guys will check it out! :)

So, the Question of the Chapter:
Q: Kendall Jenner or Kylie Jenner?
I'd definitely choose Kendall!

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share!

Also guys I have created Instagram and Twitter account. @dreamaginer08
Follow me for all the news, updates and other fun stuff!

Thank you. Until next time.

Happy Reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.5K 2.2K 34
"So what do you want", I said, looking into his deep green eyes. "I thought it was obvious. I want you, and I'm going to get you". "And what makes yo...
460K 18.3K 62
When Athena and Tobias' family arranged for the two to get married, nothing but hell broke loose. They knew nothing about one another, except they bo...
25M 716K 48
Jenna Howard is not your regular 19 year old. She's been by herself since she was just 5 years old. After being dropped off at an orphanage when she...
4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...