The Mate Call (On Hold)

By _AuroraLights_

#51 in Werewolf Category on 7/19/2017 Haley Anderson, daughter of the Alpha of Blue Moon Pack. A happy-go-luc... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A/N (WATTYS 2016)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Invite for Covers and Shipnames
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 13

1.6K 65 6
By _AuroraLights_

I constantly tossed and turned in my bed. Sleep seemed to have evaded me these past few days since I've got here. There was something inside me that prevented me from sleeping. A feeling of restlessness, incompleteness, something amiss, although I knew what it was. I've met my mate and its been quite some time, yet I haven't been marked my him. At nights I get this very strong urge to cry, to just shout, howl, to let everything out, but I refuse to cry and give him this satisfaction.

My wolf has been begging for a run, to be let loose. I haven't even gone on a run since I've been here because I didn't know the boundaries earlier, but now I do and I think a run would do good to us since even I wasn't able to sleep.

Very quietly I made my way downstairs and got out through the backdoor. I removed my clothes behind a tree so that it doesn't get torn when I shift. I quickly shifted and ran in the forest. I felt free, the wind hitting my face as I ran, making me feel alive.

Even after all these pranks I've played on him, there isn't a feeling of satisfaction. Not even what happened yesterday at the dining table could fill the void.

But I still have hope, that one day, I will have my fairytale ending. I will get the love I deserve from my mate, from Aiden. You may ask why do I still have this hope despite of Aiden's mostly cold demeanor towards me. You know I once read a quote in a book- The Mischievous Mrs. Maxfield by ninyatippet on wattpad. It says- "Hope is not about seeing something you want within reach. It's trusting that it's there when you can't see it at all." Even though I can't see his love right now, but I have hope that it is there, and one day I will be able to see it.

But that doesn't mean I'm not irritated or like the way he treats me. Because I am, and I hit back too. So we're equal right now on that case.

I saw a worried looking Aiden pacing the back patio when I returned back to the pack house. He saw me and let out a loud sigh.

"Where were you? You had to run in the middle of the night?", he said, a bit frustrated, handing me my clothes that I had left behind when I shifted.

I took the clothes and went behind a tree, shifted and wore them. As soon as I came out he started whisper yelling. "You know how worried sick I was when I went up to your room to check up on you as usual and you weren't there? With that whole red box and letter thing I got even more worried."

Check up on me as usual? He checks up on me every day, or night, I mean. Sweet. But back to the present Hal.

"So that means I can't even go anywhere now, can I?". Well he's being unreasonable, can you blame me for snapping back.

"No, but atleast inform me. If something happens to you, I'll.." he stopped, blinked and after a few seconds said again, "I'm answerable, because you're in my territory", he said.

Why, why does it hurt every damn time he opens up his mouth. I thought he was genuinely worried about me this whole time. But it seems like the only thing he's worried about is how he'll explain it to everyone if something happens to me. "Well, I don't care. You're not my boss and I don't need your permission to do anything I want to", I snapped.

Suddenly he was right in front of me and looking me in the eye he said, "I may not be your boss, but I'm your Alpha and your mate.", he hissed.

That was the first time ever he acknowledged and said that he was my mate without adding a but-i-don't-want-that line. I think he realized that too and suddenly his eyes widened but he didn't move.

"Damn right you're my mate. But when are you going to treat me like one? Do not expect me to acknowledge your power and rights as my mate when you don't accept me as yours.", I said, looking directly in his eyes, conveying it to him that I'm not going to back out.

He let out a sigh and moved back. "I was just worried about you", he whispered as he turned back to go inside.

I was tired and frustrated of his sometimes cold and at times hot behaviour. As he started going inside I yelled, "What is up with you? You don't accept me as your mate yet you're so protective about me. Is it something about me that makes me so undesirable, unworthy of being your mate?"

He stopped in his tracks and turned around. Emotions flashed across his face. Sadness, pain, longing and anger. Yet they passed as soon as they came and his face became stoic again. I wouldn't have been able to notice them if I wasn't observing his face so keenly.

Yet again in a whisper he said, "You're not. But I am." What? What is he saying? "And I only know protecting, I don't know love". With that said he turned around and walked inside leaving me staring behind at him, again, trying to comprehend his words.

--------------------------------------------------------

Today is Chloe's 18th birthday and three days after I had that midnight encounter with Aiden. We hadn't talked properly since, not that we did before either. But there was something else in his behaviour the next day. He became more aloof. Not only from me, but from everyone. But he became a bit like the old Aiden after that day. I just want to once go inside his head and know what's going on. That guy has blown my mind to pieces. He is just soo frustrating.

I entered my room and threw my school bag somewhere and jumped face first on my bed. Trying to comprehend Aiden's behaviour has been tiring me out. I was anxious to know why is he behaving this way. I thought about asking Dylan as he is his best friend but postponed it for later as I have to get ready for Chloe's party tonight. Both pack members have been invited.

I got up to get ready when a piece of paper lying on my bedside table caught my eye. I picked it up and read it.

'Can't wait to see you looking all beautiful tonight, my love.

P.S. Wear magenta. I love that colour.

- Your True Love <3'

OMFG. The stalker. It had the same handwriting from the note I had received earlier. Okay I'm more scared now. But I decided not to tell Aiden as I was sure he would cause some ruckus at the party in order to search this stalker and I didn't want Chloe's party to become a disaster. It's her day.

I started getting ready and stayed clear of the magenta colour. I decided to wear a dark blue dress with a bit low neckline, a thin golden belt at the waist, mid-thigh at the front and beyond knees at the back. I paired it up with golden hoop earrings, a golden bracelet with a heart shaped padlock and golden stilettoes with a thin belt around my ankles. Curled my hair and applied light makeup. I twirled a bit infront of my mirror, happy with my appearance. (A/N: Haley's outfit and accessories on the side)

After reading that note I felt disgusted and didn't feel like getting dressed up but then I decided that I won' let a lowlife stalker like that control me.

Someone knocked on my door and by his scent I instantly knew it was Aiden. I opened the door and as soon as he saw me his eyes raked my body and darkened with lust, definitely lust. He entered my room and closed the door behind him.

"You are not going there looking like that. Change.", he said.

"What's wrong with it?", I snapped back.

"I don't want other guys to look at you and see you like this. Go change", he hissed.

"I'm not going to take orders from you. Plus you haven't marked me yet, so other guys are free to look at me. And you what, I won't even stop them", I said, looking him dead in the eye, challenging him to make me change my mind.

In reality, there was a flicker of hope behind my action. A hope that he would realize his feelings and step up if I make him jealous enough. Atleast a girl can dream, can't she?

There was a dangerous gleam in his eyes, like he was planning my murder in his mind. "You do whatever you want and see if you succeed", he said and walked out of my room. He stopped right outside the door and without turning back said, "And be outside fast", and walked away.

He gets on my nerves everytime. Can somebody get me a time machine so I can go back in time and not meet this guy forever. Not meeting him at all would have been a hell lot better than this.

'Don't ever say that. Our mate is made for us, is a part of us. Mates complete each other. Just be patient. I'm sure he'll come around.', said my wolf.

I just walked and went downstairs and sat in his car.

---------------------------------------------

The party had not started yet as we came a bit early seeing Chloe's my bestie. Aiden and I didn't talk the whole car ride and upon reaching there, I bolted out of the car and went inside that common party house, directly to the room that was allotted to Chloe following her scent.

"Hola girl. Happy birthday once again. And get ready fast", I said to her.

"Girl, I gotta look hot tonight. It's my party plus who knows, I may finally find him tonight," she said, excited, while applying the final touches to her makeup. She was wearing a sleeveless dress, black on the bust and sea green on the skirt area. It was mid-thigh in the front and long at the back, just like mine. She had paired it up with a sea green bead necklace, a thick golden bracelet and completed her look with an ankle length black boots and had tied her hair in a bit messy low side ponytail. In all she looked HOT. (A/N: Chloe's look on the side)

"Your mate will go crazy when he'll find you. You look HOT Chloe. Now let's go downstairs. I can hear a lot of commotion indicating that people have started coming. Come on now, you look perfect." I dragged her downstairs to the party.

As soon as we entered all eyes were on us. People came forward to congratulate her. Suddenly there was a loud growl and Chloe and some guy yelled "Mate". She finally found her mate. When I turned to look at him, I was stunned. It was none other than our very own, Dylan, Aiden's beta.

He quickly took her in his arms and they both just stared in each other's eyes. I decided to leave them alone and went to the dance floor. I was happy for them. Dylan was perfect for her plus they were so happy the moment they found each other. I couldn't help but think why didn't that happen to me.

'No Hal. No negative thoughts tonight. Let's just dance away all the worries tonight.' Well, my wolf wasn't wrong so I started dancing on the dance floor.

A few guys came to me to ask for a dance and I happily obliged. After dancing for a bit a guy came up to me.

"Hey beautiful girl. May I have this dance?", he asked. He looked oddly familier. I started dancing with him. As soon as we touched a sort of negative energy flowed through me. I don't know why but there was just this feeling of uneasiness. But I ignored it and started dancing. I just couldn't put my finger as to where I've seen him.

He pulled me closer to himself and placed his hands on my head, placing it on his shoulder. Something felt so wrong about all this.

Suddenly a loud growl echoed in the room and I was pulled out of this guy's arms into Aiden's. He didn't even take a look at that guy and walked away from there.

I even forgot to ask his name. Sometimes I think where does my mind go at times.

"Did you even notice the way all these guys are looking at you? I told you to change.", Aiden hissed.

"And if you don't remember, let me refresh your memory. I said I won't take orders from Aiden, the Alpha.", I snapped. "Are you jealous Mr. Alpha?", I teased him.

"What if I am. I don't like it when someone tries to take what's mine", he whispered. He didn't want me to hear that but I still heard him.

Alpha say what?
I smirked and traced my finger down his chest.
"Well I'm not technically yours. So no one's doing any wrong here. Neither those people, nor me.", I winked at him and slowly started walking backwards.

Suddenly I was pushed against a wall and I was left shocked by what followed. I never thought that would happen.
*****************
A/N: Cliffhanger..!! I feel so evil right now.
Btw, I couldn't post an Author's note in the last chapter, and sorry for the update being so late. I was just busy. Had a load of exams.
Anyway, now I am back.

So what do you guys think? Chloe and Dylan.! I was shipping them from the start. And,
What could have possibly happened to our Haley? Any guesses?????

And

VOTE

COMMENT.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125 13 9
Cass is a normal She-Wolf. Except that she has not found her mate three months after her eighteenth birthday. There's this guy... Tall, handsome, the...
179K 5.7K 45
Kylie Ross A well known beautiful girl, loved by many, protected and shielded from all world dangers. She is a very happy person, everyehere she goes...
1.3M 9.5K 11
Avery Williams - a regular pack member. Trent Denver - the alpha. They don't get along, her being too hard-headed and him believing whatever he says...
265K 9.5K 66
Lucille, or Lucifer as her pack mates nicknamed her, has got no time for love. Lucille is a irresponsible childish 18 year old. After desperately tr...