Spaces Between Us

By simplelyric

"Ally I've known you for almost my whole life. We've been best friends since I could remember and I don't wan... More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Author's Note
Author's Note
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Author's Note
31
32
33
34
Authors Note
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Author's Note
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

1

224 34 6
By simplelyric

10 years ago

I climbed up our secret clubhouse and took in the beautiful view of the backyard. The wind blew in my hair and the sun shined so bright in the sky. Everything in the world didn't matter in that moment. I went inside the tree house once I heard my mom calling my name. She was looking for me and I didn't want to be found, especially by her. I didn't want to think about the news that was just sprung on me. Our tree house door opens revealing the only person I share it with.

"I thought I'd find you up here." he said taking a seat next to me on the floor.

"Well I can't go anywhere else, or someone would find me."

He looked confused and laughed before saying, "I just found you silly." I giggled a little.

"You know what I mean." I said lightly hitting his arm.

He chuckled and laid down on his back looking up at the sky. I stretched out my legs and did the same. This was the coolest part of the tree house because it didn't have a roof. We just knew that when it rained we had to cover it with a square shaped piece of wood.

"Do you really have to go?" I asked hoping that he would change his mind.

"Yeah I do, my mom has a new job position back in London, I plan on auditioning for X Factor, and it's my hometown." he said making tears come to my eyes. I didn't want him to see me cry, but I couldn't help it.

"I wish you could stay." I said in between sobs. He sat up causing me to sit up.

"Don't cry Alissa, you can call me anytime and I'll come visit. My mom already arranged it with her job." He pulled me in for a hug an his chin rested on my head since he was taller than me. In that moment I wish I could freeze time.

End of Flashback

I come out of the bathroom with my hair in a messy bun and a robe on over my pajamas. I go sit down on my bed and checked my notifications on my phone. I had 20 text messages and 8 missed calls from Zayn. Geez how long was I in the bathroom. I quickly called him back hoping he would answer. He answered on the second ring.

"Have you forgotten what today is?" he asked almost yelling into the phone.

"Yes, could you please remind me what today is." I said knowing he would soon become irritated.

"Haha very funny, I'm so nervous. What if I forget the words." he said sounding very serious. I was a little worried for him myself.

"You'll be fine, just act like I'm there with you and I'm in the audience." He took a deep breath and I knew he was nodding his head even though I couldn't see him.

"Your right, thanks Ally." I smiled thinking back to when he first called me that nickname.

"No problem Zaynie, you talked to your mom?" I put him on speaker and started making up my bed.

"Yeah, she gave me plenty words of encouragement." I laughed knowing Tricia can go overboard.

"Good, just relax and try to feel at home." I said propping my pillows up against the headboard.

"Thanks again Ally, I've got to go now. Love you and I'll call you back when I can." I walked back over to my nightstand to retrieve my phone.

"Okay, Love you too Zaynie. Good Luck." Our phone call came to an end and I got ready for the day. I got in the shower, did my hair, and made sure everything was perfect for when I leave for my flight to London.

I got accepted into London University, but I didn't tell Zayn just yet. I thought I would surprise him tomorrow being that the flight is 9 to 10 hours. I already made my arrangements for my hotel until I move into my dorm next week. I went downstairs to eat some breakfast that my mom cooked. My dad was already eating and my mom was pouring three glasses of orange juice. I gave my dad a hug and made my way over to my mom.

"Good morning sweetie, how did you sleep?" I took my orange juice and drunk a little before sitting down.

"I slept good, just excited to surprise Zayn." My mom smiled and my dads face lit up.

"Let's tell her." My dad said looking at my mom.

"Tell me what?" My mom walked over to stand next to my dad.

"Well we were so proud of you getting accepted into college that we got you a new car." My draw dropped when my mom told me that.

"Are you serious?" My mom nodded her head rapidly up and down.

"Go see it, it's out front" I walked outside to see a brand new Toyota Venza. I almost screamed, but then I realized it's still morning. I ran up to my parents and gave them a big hug. I heard a text message alert on my phone. It was from Zayn.

"Zayn texted and he said he's next to audition." I told my parents. I sent him a short text back with more words of encouragement, some from me and some from my parents.

We went back inside to finish our breakfast and chat a little before I had to say my goodbyes. My parents drove me to the airport and they would send my car over to London by midnight. We pulled up to the airport and my mom instantly started crying. My dad shed a few tears and I eventually broke down.

"Call us when you get there, and if anything happens you can come home anytime." My mom said giving me a hug.

"Oh, Karen she'll be fine." My father said now giving me his fatherly hug. I lived for these kind of hugs and just knowing I can't get them every day saddens me, but I'll be fine.

"Okay you gotta go, if you don't want to miss your flight." My mom said reminding me.

"We love you very much." My mother said bringing it in for a group hug.

"I love you too." I said pulling apart and grabbing my luggage. I sent one final wave goodbye to them and my mom blew me a kiss. I boarded the plane and put my luggage up in the compartment where it belongs. I took my seat and turned my phone on airplane mode. I pulled out my laptop and listened to some of my favorite songs while dozing off to sleep.

10 Hours Later

"Excuse me ma'am. We landed you can get off the plane now." The nice flight attendant told me. I was so excited all over again. I seen a man with a sign that read Parker and I walked over to him.

"Are you Alissa?" I nodded and he opened my door for me. I sat inside and he went over to the driver seat.

"Where to Ms.Parker?" he asked me looking in the mirror so he could see my face.

"Call me Alissa and to The Caesar Hotel please." He smiled and said,

"You got it." The drive was calm and peaceful. It didn't take long and the hotel was breathtaking. I know I'm going to be up all day since I slept during the whole flight. I didn't have any energy to unpack just yet. I would do all of that later. I flopped on the bed and texted my mom that I made it. I called Zayn to see if he would answer. He might not given that X Factor probably has him all busy. He didn't answer, well I guess I would have to surprise him.

Since my car was delivered on time I got in my car, typed in the address, and let the GPS lead the way. It took me 15 minutes to get there from my hotel. I was so nervous that my palms were sweating. What if he doesn't want to see me? What if I came all this way for nothing? I'm sure he'll be happy to see me or at least I hope he is. I walk through the double doors and I hear Zayn singing on stage. I go sit in the audience chairs where he can't see me. He finishes his song and everyone claps. He pulls his phone out his pocket and says,

"Crap, I missed Ally's call." He accidentally said that into the microphone causing me to laugh. My phone starts ringing and Zayn's picture pops up.

"Hello." I said trying not to laugh.

"Hey Ally, sorry I missed your call. I was doing sound checks." I couldn't help it, I laughed.

"It's okay, so how was your audition?" I asked watching Zayn walk across stage while talking to me.

"It went great actually, Simon Cowell wants to put me in a boy band. I listened to every word you said. I really you wish you were here Ally." I thought I'd let him know that I am there with him.

"I am there with you." He froze up on stage.

"How could you be here when your in California silly." He said sitting down on the floor. I got up and walked down to the stage.

"No I'm right here." I said going up the steps to get to the stage. He dropped his phone and his eyes grew huge.

"ALLY!" he screamed running over to me. I hugged him back as I started crying.

"I can't believe it's you, what are you doing here?" he asked letting go of our embrace.

"I got accepted into London University and I wanted to surprise you." He hugged me again.

"That's great, when do you start?" He said pulling away from our embrace again.

"Next week." I said putting my hair behind my ear.

"Where are you staying?" he asked that so fast, I thought he was having word vomit.

"The Caesar Hotel." He folded his arms and shook his head.

"Come stay with me and the lads, they would love to meet you." Now I looked at him with wide eyes.

"I don't know Zayn, living with five guys. That could be a little crazy, don't ya think?" He laughed.

"No, they're friendly and besides my best friend isn't living in a hotel." I gave in like I always do.

"Okay, but only until school starts." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Those are your words, not mine." He smiled and led the way. We went to the hotel to get my stuff and he took me to their flat. What if they don't like me? I knew Zayn my whole life, but four new guys is a bit much. What if they think I'm ugly? I don't know if I can do this. I mean this all seems sudden. At least I have Zayn, he'll always be there for me.

~Follow me on Twitter & Instagram~

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Twitter: @nash_lyric
Instagram: @lyricni_

So that's the first chapter, I hoped you liked it. Please tell me what you think in the comments and vote for this chapter. Love all my readers!❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 599 21
" We've been best friends for a long time. I don't want a stupid crush to get in the way of that.." she says " I've loved you for a long time. I won'...
5.7K 640 53
Zara was leaving the man who she considered to be the love of her life, who'd become her first ever home, to pursue her life-long dreams. Heartbroken...
4.3K 180 19
Zayn Malk wasn't always a pop star. He wasn't always surrounded by girls ready to do anything for him. There was once just one. Jess grew up with h...
303K 8.8K 73
"I have never felt s strongly about and for someone ever before in my entire life. You're my best friend, my lover, my other half, my confidant, my s...