Aflame - (Heated's Sequel)...

By ForrestIvy

"How can I see tomorrow, if you're not there?..." They've gone through so much in such a short time of knowin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
EXCITING NEWS!!!

Chapter 56

1.5K 62 7
By ForrestIvy

Aflame - Chapter 56

(Madison's P.O.V.)

Our eyes on the dark road ahead of us with only the headlights to light our way.

The ride is quiet and neither of us speaks a word, maybe I should just say something to break the ice.

"It's nice to see you again," I mention through the thick tension laced in the air as I begin to feel a bit nervous. "We've never actually been alone in the same place together since-"

"Since the last time you pretended to be Paige and basically forced me into having sex with you?"

His words cuts deep as I feel it like a cold chill down the back of my spine. 

I keep quiet as my clutch on the steering wheel became tighter.

The both of us are quiet now... None of us speak a word as I think on that evening and the guilt begins to rumble up inside of me.

How do I react to something like that?

"I'm sorry," He speaks up, which took me by complete surprise. "I shouldn't have brought that up when you're basically saving me from-"

"No... No!" I shake my head and then look over at him as I notice his furrowed brow and confused look. "I should be the one apologizing... Not you." He keeps quiet as I think on it. "... I don't know why- No. Actually, I do know why I did that; it's because I was a selfish, envious, completely pathetic, disgrace of a human being."

He lets out a sigh at my words.

"Madison, don't say tha-"

"No, Harry  - I was." My voice stern as I gulp down. "How could I have done that to you? To Paige?" I shake my head at the thought. "How could I have been so... So hateful to even try and steal happiness from the two of you just to fill up my selfish, empty life?"

He is quiet and not responding.

I try to look over at him as he has his eyes down and looks as though he's in deep thought. Then I start to feel even more guilty.

"And there I go speaking about myself again when you're going through such a tragic event." He shuffles in his seat this time as I had my eyes on the road ahead. "I can't even imagine how it must be like knowing that Paige, the love of your life, is going through it too."

His facial expression changes as soon as I speak her name and this time he lifts his eyes even though his head is still down.

"Stop the car."

"What?"

"Just-" He stops himself as he takes in a sharp breath, where he seems to be calming himself down. "I need some air. Please."

His voice a bit tense, but not as frustrated as it was before.

"Okay."

I knew that I shouldn't ask him anymore questions as I stop the car at the side of the road.

The instant the car comes to a halt, that's when Harry just opened the car door and walked out.

I watch him from the rear view mirror as I notice him slightly limping as he runs his hands through his hair and looks up to the sky for a while.

I waste no time waiting as I get out from the car and the cold air hits me, causing me to place my hood over my head. 

I walk up to Harry as he has his back to me.

I suck in my lips before managing the nerve to speak up to him again.

"Harry?"

I hear how he lets out a heavy sigh, but I decide to ignore it.

"Why didn't you stay in the car?"

"Because I know you, I know when you need someone to talk to."

With his back still faced towards me, he lowers his head and I watch how his brown curls caresses the back of his neck.

"I don't want to talk."

His words are cut short and emotionless, but his voice is soft...

I then reach out for him, with a bit of fear, as I place my hand onto his muscular back and I feel how his body tenses.

"I know you hate me, still... But I'm here for you. I don't want you to hate me forever, especially considering all that we've been through."

He turns his head to the side, showing off his profile as I watch how he watches me through the corner of his eyes before turning around to face me completely.

His stare is hard and he looks like he has a lot to say, so I wait.

(Start song)

"Why are you here?" I frown at his words as soon as he says it. "Why are you trying to help me? What... What sick plan do you have cooked up in that twisted mind of yours?"

I was beginning to get offended by the words that he was spitting at me as I take a step forward and he watches me with that intense gaze.

"Just because I did bad in the past, doesn't mean that I can't change... Just like you." As soon as I said those words, his hard gaze turns soft and he gulps down before his eyes lowers. "Is this the way to treat someone who's trying to help you? What if I'm just doing this out of the good in me that you don't know about? What if I'm doing this because... Because I still love you?!" 

I was taken aback by my own words as his eyes falls onto me once more, but they're softer and his pink lips goes slightly agape at my words. 

I look down and try to let this moment sink in as the both of us stand in silence once more...

Suddenly, a noise was heard in the forests which took me by surprise and I turn around and took a step back, causing me to bump into Harry, who held me in place by my upper arms.

"What was that?"

I look around in fear, but that's when Harry spoke up.

"It's just a bird."

He mentions as I look up and see the black bird fly overhead and I feel slightly embarrassed.

"Oh..."

I let it out as I look down at Harry's contact on my arm and he must have realized it too, so he let go.

Slowly, I turn around to face him as I stare into those bright green eyes as he looks as though he has something to say, but stays quiet.

"I wish I could have loved you better back then... Paige is lucky to have you."

"No," He shakes his head before his lips forms into a tight line. "I'm lucky to have her."

I pretend that it doesn't affect me as I give him a small smile.

I turn around as I was about to make my way into the car, but then I hear how Harry calls out.

"Madison?" I turn to face him and hope forms inside of me as he breathes in deeply before speaking up. "I guess you're right... Maybe people can change."

This time I smile fully at him as he gives me a half smile that lets a dimple form on his left cheek before playing with the phone in his hand that I hadn't noticed earlier.

He turns around before walking further away and I watch, longing for 'us', but knowing that there's no longer an 'us', just a 'him' and 'me'.

Regret lurks with me as I look down to the ground.

"Yes, Harry... People can change, but feelings don't."

(Harry's P.O.V)

I don't know what it was that Madison and I had back there, but it definitely felt like closure.

I think we both needed that, especially considering how crazy things got the last time.

The ride to find Paige was still as quiet as before, but not as tense, maybe because both of our minds are racing with thoughts of whatever is going on in our mind.

Maybe I've judged her too quickly.

I'm just hoping that she doesn't prove me wrong. 

I usually don't give people second chances, but maybe ... Maybe I should just try.

I bite down on my jaw as I then look out in front of me and notice how it's not an ongoing road going on in front of us anymore, but ... 

A house?

A very familiar house.

"I'm not sure that she is here... But, she might be."

Madison speaks up as I look over at her with curiosity and she slowly turns her blue gaze to me. 

They're wide and almost nervous as I then turn to the home.

"Well, let's not waste time."

I let out and took a hold of the car door handle as I got out and walked on the broken twigs, making my way to the front door.

My heart racing fast with anticipation and the realization that I might see Paige here, but also, not.

I stop in front of the door as I take in a breath before taking a hold of the handle.

"Harry," Madison whispers as I look behind me as she makes her way towards me. "What if he's in there, still? You can't go in unprepared."

"If he's in there, even better." She watches me with skepticism. "We'll end this for once and for all."

I turn my gaze back to the door as I waste no time to make my way through and as soon as I did so, I notice bodies stood near the kitchen area.

"Harry?"

I see Becky stood beside Justin who, weirdly, has an ice pack to his dick.

"What..."

I furrow my brow as they notice my confusion, but I didn't even want to know what happened as I feel Madison stood beside me.

Both of their gazes falls onto her in shock as I knew that they were curious as to why she is here, with me.

"Madison?"

Justin lets out with wide eyes as Becky steps forward with her arms crossed over her chest.

"What's she doing here?"

I look over at Madison as she has her lips slightly parted before her gaze lands onto me and I know that she feels awkward, I do, too.

But just as I was about to say something, that's when someone else got my attention. 

Someone walking down the staircase...

It felt like my heart couldn't hide its' relief and excitement as soon as I laid my eyes on her.

"Oh my god... Paige?"

I let out as I feel the smile forming onto my face and I couldn't even see anyone around besides her.

She's not in that wedding gown anymore as she must have found something else to wear as she brushes a few strands of her hair behind her ear and then looks up at me. 

Her Bambi eyes staring straight at me as she stops on the stairs and I knew that she must have felt the exact same emotions that I have in this moment.

Her beauty is breathtaking and I couldn't be more happier than I am to know that she is here, she is safe....

Her eyes falls onto Madison as her wide smile slowly fades as I notice the way her mood had changed.

"Paige, hi."

Madison lets out as Paige doesn't say anything, she only holds onto the frame of the staircase, a bit fidgety. 

She takes a while before speaking up.

"Hi."

Her gaze then falls onto me as I gulp down and I knew that I had a lot of explaining to do.

(A/N: HEY GUYS! So finally the update is here and I hope you liked it. What are your thoughts on Madison? Do you believe that she could actually change? What do you think will happen now that Madison and Paige are under the same roof together?

Eh, this is going to be one crazy reunion and I hope you stay around to enjoy it. Please don't forget to vote and leave your comments, thank you!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3M 1.1M 47
"She's hot." "Yeah, I know. I'm kinda jealous..." "I'm gonna ask her out." "Are you crazy? You're asking for a death wish." "What's so wrong with me...
194M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
2.8M 63.6K 70
"but oh my god, i think im in love with you" in which a girl falls in love with someone she never would have imagined. | social media fic | lower cas...
14.9M 299K 70
Don't you call her baby. We're not talking lately. Don't you call her what you used to call me... A story in which a girl who writes songs falls in...