The Mate Call (On Hold)

By _AuroraLights_

#51 in Werewolf Category on 7/19/2017 Haley Anderson, daughter of the Alpha of Blue Moon Pack. A happy-go-luc... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N (WATTYS 2016)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Invite for Covers and Shipnames
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 9

1.7K 61 8
By _AuroraLights_

After that, what according to me was a little moment we had, Dylan came to us to introduce me to some other people of their pack. I think he knew about the situation between Aiden and me, that is why he was introducing us to others as the most lovey-dovey couple and winking at us as it was making both Aiden and I uncomfortable.

Just then the music stopped and the DJ's voice came through the speakers, "There's been a special request and on behalf of everyone here, may I ask the Alpha and his mate to come up on the dance floor for their special dance?"

What! I wasn't expecting that. And then I saw my friends winking and Aiden's friends were with them too. Oh, so it was their decision. They are soo gonna get it from me.

I expected that Aiden will reject that request. So it came as a surprise to me when he put his arm around my waist and led me to the centre of the dance floor.

You and Me by Lifehouse started playing. He turned me towards himself and put my arms around his neck and placed his on my waist. We started swaying to the rhythm with my head down, trying to avoid eye contact with him and ignore the tingles I felt while dancing.

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people
With nothing to do, nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you'

I couldn't help but look up at Aiden when this part of the song came. He was looking at me intently. When I looked up, our eyes connected and I was taken aback by that intense look he had in his eyes. I could imagine him saying those words to me himself, his eyes were that intense.

We were staring at each other's eyes when the song finished and everyone started clapping and hooting bringing us out of our reverie.

Love me like you do by Elle Goulding started playing. Other people joined us too and we kept dancing because it would have been kind of rude to leave just after our song and not be there for a bit more time.

I wanted to talk to him about what just happened before but I couldn't muster up the courage to do so and I knew that I wouldn't get a straight answer anyway.

"What are you thinking?", he asked.

"Umm.. Nothing."

"You were thinking something. I bet you were thinking about me.", he said.

Wait, what? How did he know that I was..

"About how incredibly hot I am. How much you want me, and how you don't want to let go of me.", he said with a cocky smirk.

Oh..! Thank god... Oh what? Cocky jerk !

I immediately pulled my hands away from his neck but he held onto my wrist tightly and didn't let go, no matter how much I tried to pull my hands away from his grip.

"What? You are the one who wanted me to let go of you. I was just doing that? What's the problem now?", I asked.

"I never said that. Nope. Don't put words in my mouth girl.", he smirked.

I can never get him. What does he want from me? One minute he's sweet and nice, we have a bit of a moment and then bam, the next minute he's back to being a jerk. And then comments like 'I never said that'. Now what do I think of that? What kind of mind games is the guy playing with me? I'm getting confused with all these mixed signals he's been giving me.

Irritated I stabbed his foot with the heel of my stilettoes. I stabbed a bit hard because he was wearing his dress shoes but didn't expect it to hurt a lot. I think because I hit him suddenly, out of nowhere and a bit hard too, he jumped up a bit and yelled, not too loud so others couldn't hear him.

He whisper yelled, "What the hell ! Trying to extract oil from my feet by digging too hard?"

Seeing him jump up like that was funny. I started laughing.

"Hey", he snapped.

"Hi", I replied innocently albeit still laughing.

"Hey, do not laugh at me.", he scowled.

"Awww.. did that little heel of mine hurt the big, bad Alpha? Or his ego?", I said teasing him.

"That was a hell of a pointy heel. And no, pfftt.., it didn't hurt that much. Was just surprised, ya know", he said, defending his little outburst.

"Oh Mr. Alpha, just admit it that you got hurt by a l'il heel."

He huffed. "No. it didn't hurt me, ok.", he said while pouting a bit as I wasn't listening to him.

I cooed, "Aww.. someone doesn't like when things aren't going their way and start acting like a baby and pouting."

His cheeks turned red when he realized he was pouting.

"Omg, now you're blushing too.", I said while laughing and wiping tears from my face. This humiliated Alpha was bad for my stomach as I was laughing soo hard my stomach started hurting.

His cheeks turned redder.

"Ok, Ok. I think it's time to stop now. I'll cut you some slack as you're the Alpha. You can relax now, Alpha." I said while sobering up from the laughter fit I just had.

"Thank you your highness for 'cutting me some slack'. What can I ever do to repay you?", he said, sarcasm dripping from his every word.

'Accept us', my wolf shouted.

"Umm.. Lemme think." I tapped my finger against my chin, acting as if I'm thinking. "Give me the biggest room available in your house when I move", I said, joking.

-----------------------------------------

Right now all my stuff is being moved over to Aiden's house and Chloe and I are standing in my room.

"Wow, I never got to the aspect where I'm gonna miss living with you a hell lot after you'll move", she said while giving me a sidehug.

"I'm going to miss everything too. You know, I always thought it was meet your mate, fall in love with them and then move with them. But for me everything's just weird and confusing.", I said to her.

"It's all gonna be okay. Don't you worry. I'm sure both of you will one day leave behind whatever it is there stopping you guys, and will be madly in love with each other.", she said all those stuff that I was telling myself to reassure myself and not loose trust in us, and whatever that could happen between us.

Just then Aiden entered my room. "Ready to go?", he asked.

I just nodded my head and went downstairs, Chloe and me following him.

There was my whole pack standing in the living room to see me off, and a couple of girls were giving me the stink eye. As to what Chloe has told me, some girls are jealous that I managed to 'score the hot Aiden.' Sometimes I really want to tell them that they can have him if they really want. Maybe he'll love one of them.

I hugged my family and my friends and said goodbye.

I got in the car, again without Aiden opening the door for me like a gentleman. That's ok. I don't need any 'Aiden' to open the door for me. I can't do that.

'Yeah, but we do need an Aiden to love us', said my wolf.

'Just shut up. You have to say these things at the perfect time, don't you?', I said sarcastically to my wolf and then shut her out.

"Well anything I should know before I start living at your place? Any heads up or warning?", I asked him.

"Let's see. Well I don't think so. You're their future Luna. I don't think anyone would want to harm you. Umm.. just stay away from a few of the girls and you'll be fine", he said.

"Stay away from a few girls. Roger that. But why exactly do I need to stay away from them?", and then I realized why and gasped. "You screwed with them and now they're jealous of me? Am I right or am I right?"

"Hit right on the bull's eye." He said smugly.

"Hey that's not a thing to proud of", I said, irritated.

"Well to me and loads of other guys, it is.", he said.

"You had your 'fun' with them and now I'm stuck on their jealous stick and will be roasted by them. Oo, fun.", I said sarcastically. Although I also wanted to say how he shouldn't talk about his past conquests in front of his mate but stopped myself. Atleast he was only talking, not doing them. I'm happy that he stopped whoring around atleast.

"Anyway, any nice girl or a nice person in your pack who wouldn't roast me?', I asked.

"No one roast you. You're their Alpha's mate, no one has that much guts. Besides even if anyone does, I know you can handle them.", he said with a hint of pride on his face and in his voice. "And you've already met a lot of people in the party. Well, my friends and family are all waiting for you. You'll meet them. And my friends are great. I'm sure you'll love them."

Well, let's hope so that i like them and they like me before I get burned by those bitches, or before they get burned by me.

---------------------------

When we reached there, we saw his family and close friends waiting for us in the living room.

A lady came up to me and said, "Such a lovely girl. Oh and I'm Helen McCall, Aiden's mom." Aiden's mom was a very elegant and graceful lady. But there was something that also told me she wasn't an arrogant woman. Elegance and grace because of the amount of knowledge and experience she had and because of the immense love inside of her. And you could just see that she was kind of a fun lady too.

"I'm Haley Anderson", I said while putting my hand forward for a handshake.

"Oh put that hand aside young lady. I don't want to shake hands with you", Or may be not that nice.

And then she hugged me. Nope, definitely real nice. I instantly liked her.

After that I his father, Mr. Daniel McCall introduced himself. He was a bit formal, but nevertheless, a nice man. I liked him too.

And then I met his friends again. Ryan- his Gamma, Justin and Austin- the fun twins, Sophia- Ryan's mate, Ava- Austin's mate, Lily and obviously Dylan. They were all super nice. Sophia was just like Chloe and we used to talk to each other in school too, so I warmed up pretty fast to her.

She led me to my room upstairs where all my stuff had already been kept. Although she did say that she found it a bit weird that we weren't living in the same room but I just replied to her by saying that we didn't know each other that well and need more time to be able to live in the same room. Well, it was partly true.

As soon as I opened the door I was shocked to see such a huge room. "Are all the rooms this big in here?', I asked her, amazed.

"No. but amazing, isn't it. This is actually the biggest room here as it is for the Alpha. Aiden gave up his Alpha sized room to you and moved into a bit small one. But that's big too.", she said

Aiden gave his room to me to give me the biggest room. He remembered and took what I was saying as a joke, seriously. Well he isn't half as bad as I thought. But hey, I got the bigger room. But now I was feeling guilty for all the trouble I'm going to cause him.

'But he hurt us more. He definitely deserves some back.'

Well my wolf's not annoying and wrong everytime. This time, I agree with her. I wanted to do my maniacal laugh, but didn't as Sophia was standing there and she would think of me as crazy.

'Yeah, as if the whole Bay Park High doesn't think so.' My crazy wolf's back.

------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys. Well, a loong chapter. Did ya all like this new chapter?

 Do you guys like Aiden? Or not? And what about Hayley?

And the song You and Me by Lifehouse on the side. It's a really romantic song. And I love it. <3

And if you did like the chapter, then please,

VOTE

COMMENT

Pretty please with a sweet cherry on top.  :)

Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556K 13K 41
"Get away from me, Jerkface!" I screamed, trying to get away from Dimitri as quick as possible. He kept sauntering towards me, and before I knew it...
394K 9.4K 33
I smell the scent again and look around and my eyes met his bright green ones my biggest bully the soon to be alpha of my pack. Lucifer Rossi oh god...
1.5K 27 27
Scarlett is the daughter of Alpha Noah and Luna Radiance of the Crescent Moon pack. Even though her status is high, people bully her because of her u...
2.7K 91 13
This is the story of Luna Silver, a White wolf and the daughter of the Moon Goddess. What happens after her 17th birthday and first shift when she i...