The Mystery Guy *editing*

By Strawbxbyyy

"Don't you dare try to escape, or he'll kill you" *** Sapphire Gates, a nineteen-year old girl is moving to a... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
‼AUTHOR'S NOTE‼
27
28
29
30
Epilogue

18

290 14 2
By Strawbxbyyy

Sapphire's POV

I'm in my bed right now with my knees onto my chest while my arms wrapped around it. Blake just leave awhile ago after he said that I was beautiful. I huff.

Me? Beautiful? I don't think so. That's why no guy ever liked me because of it. I'm innocent, well if that what some people say about me. I know most guys like girls who knows how to flirt, sexy, very seductive, beautiful and all of that shit.

I sigh, pulling my knees to my chest even more.

But Blake... The way he said I was beautiful sounds like, he really mean every word and me on the other hand is just too blind to see it. Well shit. I always look myself in the mirror and all I see is a dead corpse. Right.

"You are beautiful Sapphire, you're just too blind to see it."

Those meaningful words are still ringing in my ears. Fucking Demon. I'm not blind for goodness sake. I'm ugly and that's it. I'm not sexy nor beautiful. Why can't he see it? How come I look beautiful into his empty black eyes?

I groan.

I swear, I'm going to fucking kill him later for making my head hurt and confused at the same time. Fuck it.

I went towards my closet and grap my tank tops along with my jeans. I wore them quickly as I grab my purse and grab my jacket, throwing them over my back. I comb my hair, letting my dark brown hair fall onto my shoulder.

I wear my black boots as I walk out of my door and locked it behind me since mom is not here anymore and dad isn't home. The keys are in my purse so no problem.

I made my way to the sidewalk and walk quietly. I scan my surroundings. The town is so quiet that it could almost hurt your ears. Even if it still early in the morning, the whole place is dark. No wonder this place is creepy. I sigh.

I stopped walking when I spotted a bookstore not far away from where I'm standing. I went towards it.

I open the door slowly and went inside. They were few people inside too, roaming around the shop. I went to the bookshelves as I scan the books freely. They're so many. I smiled.

If you're wondering, yes I'm a book lover that's why my classmates back then always call me 'nerdy'. I don't know, books seems to interest me and its cool.

I slightly jump when a hand touch my shoulder and turn around.

"I-i'm sorry for scaring you. My name's James Lucas"

The boy maybe about my age smiled at me sweetly. His bronze hair was kinda messy and his eyes were blue. Wow. I never thought there some hot guy living in this town and look, I found one.

What about Blake?

Nevermind.

"Sapphire Gates" I handed him my hand for a shake and he glady shook it with his.

"I'm new here in this town" He stated. I gasp softly. Oh my gosh.

I felt bad for him, he's trapped. Well stupid Blake did this shitty thing anyway. Yup, I was talking about his curse. I sigh.

"I'm new here too. I just got here few weeks ago" I said.

He smiled at me.

"You're my first friend here Sapphire ever since I got here yesterday. I want to take you out for lunch, are you free?" He suggested. Fucking what? This isn't a date yet right? Oh what a stranger.

"Um yes, I'm free"

"Good, now let find some place to eat" He suddenly grab my hand and drag me out of the shop. He suddenly let go of my hand and walk pass ahead of me as he open the car and its a... black Range Rover?! The fuck? Is this guy a billionaire or something?

He chuckled.

"Come on, get inside" I smiled at him. Such a gentleman I must say. I slowly went inside the car and waited for me to sit properly after closing the door beside me.

I watch him walk around the car and open the door of the driver's seat as he closed it once again. He smiled at me.

"Wear your seatbelts" He then bent towards me to tie my seatbelt and I just leaned back on my sit as I watch him. Gosh, he's so close. After he was finish, he looks at me and smirks. I gulp.

"You good?" I just nodded.

He then tie his own seatbelts and turn on the engine. The car started as I stare out of the window quietly. It was really quiet inside when I hear James cleared his throat.

"So... Where do you want to eat?" I look at him.

"I don't know, I'm new here too am I? I never roam this place much so I didn't know some restaurants here" I said.

He chuckled softly.

"Because you didn't know some of the restaurants here, me on the other hand found one yesterday and I want to take you there. They served pizza" I clapped excitedly.

He laugh at my behavior as I smiled widely at him. Well, he's great. It feels like I haven't eaten pizza for years and I am really craving for it. I slowly started to like this stranger. He's such a gentleman.

Now, his gaze are on the road as I stare at him. I swear, I felt myself drooling over him. The sideline of his jaw seems so perfect and the muscle underneath his black long sleeves of him looked big. And he looked very formal.

He grip tighten on the steering wheel as he felt me looking at him.

"Staring is rude you know? But for you, I wouldn't mind at all. You can stare all you want" I snap at his statement.

"O-oh really?"

"Oh yes, really" He replied back. I look down to hide my face from embarrassment as I heard him laugh. I glare at him.

"Woah, easy there. Don't bite me, I was just joking" I rolled my eyes annoyingly and smile at the same time. Such a flirt.

"Are you some kind of a billionaire or something? Because you look like one" I said.

He nod slowly.

"Well yeah, we're rich. My parents are wealthy so me on the other hand just got lucky to be born in a wealthy family" He stated. Now I felt uncomfortable.

Holy shit! I'm talking to a billionaire?! Oh my God.

"Please, I know what you're thinking. Don't be scared of me. Seriously, I don't bite" He smirks.

I glare at him once again. Once we reach our location, he then stopped the car and went outside. He open my door as open I went outside, closing it behind me.

He put his arms around my waist, making me gasp softly and look at him. He just smirks.

He lead us inside the building, still his arms around my waist.

"Welcome" I smiled at the lady who greeted us who is formally dressed by her uniform.

Gosh, this place is huge and the food here must be very expensive. Even though this town is curse, they still have expensive restaurants here. Cool.

As we went inside, I saw him giving the lady a small card and nodded at him.

"This way Mr. Lucas" The lady lead us to a vacant table beside the window which made me smile. Beside the window is always my favorite spot.

James slowly pulled my chair out so I could sit and mouthed him a thank you. Gentleman. He smiles and walk over his seat as well and sitted.

The lady ask for our orders and James said he's on it, so I let him.

"Your food will be there in twenty minutes" He then nodded at her as the lady went off while his gaze glance back at me.

"So... Do you like your staying here so far?" He asked me.

Well if you only knew. I was greeted by tortures. And Blake by the way, where is he?

"Well, at first I was still adjusting but I'm good" I said. But seriously, not that good. I wanted to add but I close my mouth wisely.

"That's good to hear then. But what mades you move here?"

"Dad's business" I answer.

I don't know if he really is working, he's not home until now. Was he out clubbing too just like what mom did? I just shrug it off.

"Me too. I'm going to stay here for a couple of weeks then I'm off to go again" He said softly.

I felt sad about him leaving so soon but other part of me is actually nervous about him leaving this place. He is part now of the curse. Is it still safe to leave? But maybe he can.

Mom did leave the place and she was okay, of course. But Blake on the other hand find it out and it still not safe. Oh no.

"Are you okay Sapphire? You zoned out a bit" I snap my head towards him.

"Yes, yes I'm fine" I said quickly before sighing.

"Well since the food isn't here yet, I want to ask you some questions" I just nodded.

We talked and talked there until our food was served. He keeps telling about some of his business and his private life as well. I didn't know a guy like him will open up at me.

Well he's a fucking billionaire for goodness sake!

We do keep talking and eating at the same time, making me know him even more. He's handsome and hot I must say. No doubt some of the girls inside the restaurant are giving me death glare every time James talked to me.

"You must be very hot. Girls inside here are glaring at me like there's no tomorrow" I joked at him making him laugh. Oh such a lovely sound.

"Don't worry, you have me. I won't let anyone hurt you" I blush slightly at his words. What's with these men today? First Blake and now him?

We finish our food there while James payed all our orders. We went outside the building as we went inside his car.

"I have a great time Sapphire" He said sweetly as we drove off.

"Yeah, me too" I said back, smiling at him. I told him where my place at and he drop me off there safely.

He went outside his car and open my door, as usual so I could step off. He walked with me until I reach my door and unlock it. I turned around at him.

"It was fun meeting you Sapphire. Hoping we could do this often" He said.

"Oh sure, why not?" I smirk at him.

"Can I have your number?" He asked. I reach out to grab my purse and took out my phone as I gave him my number.

I softly laugh when I found some messages from Yana since I never have the chance to use my phone these past few days. Oh this girl.

He gave me his number as well and look at me.

"I'll text you later if I have time. When my meeting is done" He said.

"Okay" The next thing he do surprise me. James went closer to me as I grip my phone on my hand. What is he doing?

He put a soft kiss onto my left cheek making froze on my place. His warms lips stayed there after looking at me and smile.

"I'll see you around love" He then went towards his car and went inside, watching him drove off. I'm still rooted on my place.

I touch the cheek where he kissed and close my eyes silently. Gosh, what the fuck just happened?

                  🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Its already ten in the evening and I'm still waiting for Blake to come.

I stare at my window which is widely opened as I stare at my phone on my hand. James on the other hand hasn't text me yet. I sigh, looking down.

"Are you waiting for me?"

I turn around to see Blake standing beside my window, crossed arms and smirking. I haven't seen him climb up am I? I frown.

"You're such a creep you know?" I said as I chuckle softly.

He went towards my bed and sit beside me. I check my phone if James texted or not but still haven't. Blake must notices it cause he suddenly ask, "Who are you waiting for?"

I went to look at him, with his face confused and eyebrows furrowed. I smiled.

"Oh, just a friend of mine. I met him at the bookstore earlier" I said.

"Him? Are you freaking kidding me? You went outside the house?" He asked me furiously. I slowly back away from him.

"Y-yeah, I went out for a stroll. You can't keep me here forever can you?" I frown.

"But what if something bad happened to you?"

Why the hell he became so possessive now? He's just a friend for goodness sake. I rolled my eyes as I stand up from my bed and stare outside the window.

"I am fine" I said as the wind hit my face, blowing my hair as well.

An arm slid around my waist as the warm whisper touch the skin on my neck making me shiver.  I leaned against the familiar solid chest.

He sniff my neck then my shoulder and then my cheek. He stiffened.

"Your cheek smells different" He said against my cheek making me gasp as I remember it is where James kiss' placed. I turn to him.

His black eyes are staring at me intensely, like he's studying me. I swallowed when his grip tighten on my waist.

"Who kissed you?" He asked darkly.

"None of your business" I spat.

He gritted his teeth and suddenly throw me on his shoulder and walk us on my bed and put me there hard. The fuck? I grasp my phone in my hand.

"Is he the one you're waiting on your phone?"

He then climb on top of me, hovering as he stare at me furiously. I grope my phone onto my chest even more when he leaned in.

We got distracted when my phone beeped loudly. I check it and it was James.

:Good evening Sapphire, its James. Are you asleep?

I put my phone lower so I could see Blake and shit, he looks mad.

"Who the hell was that?" He then snatch my phone and place it on my nightstand making me sit up, but he push me back again on my bed.

He leaned in once again.

"Be a good girl Sapphire. Who was that?" He demanded. I sigh in defeat.

"It was James" He looked at me curiously.

"James what?" Isn't he contend about the name? I rolled my eyes.

"James Lucas" His face turned serious as he pull me up, placing me onto his lap. He stare at me worriedly.

"Tell me, quick, what did he do?" He asked quickly. What's wrong with him? Why the hell is he panicking?

"Calm down will you? He just take me out for lunch that's all" I said frowning.

He then cupped my cheeks with his big hands making me look at him straight.

"He didn't touch you is he?"

"Um, he kissed me" His eyes went wide.

"Don't worry, he kissed me on my cheek not my lips" I smiled.

"Fucking hell" He cursed as he help me get off onto his lap and went towards the window, raking his fingers onto his hair.

"What's wrong?"

"That guy is dangerous Sapphire" I frown at his statement.

"How can you so sure? You don't know him" I crossed my arms.

I saw him smirk.

"Oh really? I know him so well my Sapphire and I'm so sure that he's dangerous, trust me. You wish you just didn't met him" He rolled his eyes at me and stare again outside the window.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked standing up.

He laugh bitterly making his way towards me and slid his arms around my waist and lean on my face.

"James Lucas is a dangerous guy my Sapphire. To you he may be look human but the truth is... He's a fucking Demon" I gasp.

"W-what?"

"James Lucas, new friend of yours is a Demon. Like me"

I bit my lip nervously.

"And he is so much worse"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 349 37
*Mature content within* '' Even if it means killing my own mate, I will get my revenge.'' ---- ----- She's the reason that there is an obligated cur...
794K 10.8K 24
A girl walking alone at night, suddenly gets kidnapped by a group of five guys. They all love and want to share her. She tries many times to escape b...
269K 13.5K 24
The boy got to his feet, looked his mother dead in the eyes and said; "He's not my father" ~~~ Nixon has never known his father, and he was only 13 w...
268 1 20
When a small town girl like Rose has something off about her nightmares and DNA there's oviously something going to happen. As she has this continuou...