The Mystery Guy *editing*

By Strawbxbyyy

"Don't you dare try to escape, or he'll kill you" *** Sapphire Gates, a nineteen-year old girl is moving to a... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
‼AUTHOR'S NOTE‼
27
28
29
30
Epilogue

8

322 14 0
By Strawbxbyyy

Sapphire's POV

I was inside the house, alone noticing it was already old and creepy at the same time. Weird. How the hell did I get here? That's when I started walking towards the stairs and went up. The house was quiet, feels likes its already abandoned years ago. Webs already hanging on the roof as I went upstairs.

That's when a voice of someone stops me and I spotted a room.

I walk towards the door slowly and peeked a little. I frowned when I saw two little kids playing on the bed. I went inside. The door made a squeaking sound but the two didn't seemed to notice it.
And they didn't even notice me. Huh? What's wrong?

The little girl is smiling towards the little boy maybe telling her some jokes or something. I don't know, the girl seems to start laughing when the liitle boy stop talking. I stare at them.

"You're so funny Knighter" Said the little girl which made the little boy glare at her. I smiled.

"It wasn't funny you know? That was embarrassing Flare, how could you do that to me? That was so mean" The little boy said while the little girl still laugh. I just stare at them.

They can't see me? Am I invisible?

"Whatever, it was still funny. It wasn't my fault that the floor is slippery that's why you slide. You aren't looking at your surroundings so look what you've got? A numb butt" I chuckled. The girl reminds me of myself a little as I stare at her even more. The way her long hair, braid into a fishtail and a flower crown on the top of her head feels like its really me. Let me say, my mini me?

The little boy? Who is he? Do I know him or something?

He has a dirty blonde hair and he has still a frown on his face. Maybe because of the little girl who keeps laughing at him.

"I hate you Flare" Flare? Is that the name of the little girl?

"Really Knighter?" The little girl tease. Oh?

The little girl started to run and went outside the room, hoping he wouldn't catch her while the little boy followed. They pass by me and of course the usual, they didn't notice me standing there. But what caught my attention is, the way the little boy called her name. It wasn't Flare, its...

"Sapphire! Get back here, I'm not done with you yet!"

"Sapphire!" The little boy shouted as he went downstairs as I follow behind. He keeps yelling my name.

"Sapphire!"

"Sapphire, come back!"

"Sapphire, come on!"

I gasp as I open my eyes with a sweat on my forehead and on my hands. I'm shaking and I'm on my bed right now. What was that? A dream? A memory? Who is Knighter? Flare? Why is he calling my name? Was that really me?

Fuck, my head is pounding painfully cause me to touch it and groan. What happened?

"I can see you're awake now Sapphire" A dark voice wake me up from my thoughts as I stare the Mystery Guy intensely. He's still here? Well duh, of course.

"You collapse awhile ago after I gave you some surprised. I thought it would interest you but... It didn't" He chuckled. Wait, was that the pool of blood?! Oh gosh, I want to vomit. The smell of it was so gross. I glare at him.

"Why the hell did you do that?"
I said through gritted teeth, but all he does is sit beside me and stare, which is... Very uncomfortable. I look away.

"I told you it was a surprise. But after I show the pool of blood to you, you collapse, again" He said calmly. Is he freaking kidding me? There's no doubt that I collapse if I didn't saw that. That was horrible and I can't even remember what happened after that, it was blur.

I look down from my bed seeing my floor isn't drown with blood anymore, its clean. Huh?

"What time is it anyway?"

"Its already afternoon Sapphire, you haven't eaten breakfast nor lunch. Which... I don't care"

"Well fuck" I muttered under my breath. Of course, he wouldn't care, as if. All he wants to see is to see me suffer from pain and fear plastered all over my face. He loves to see it every time he tortures me. I check the clock of my room, finding out that it's already three in the afternoon. I frowned.

How many hours did I miss since I pass out? Our last encounter was this early morning and now its already late in the afternoon. That long?

I suddenly got up from my bed when a hand stop me by grabbing my wrist cause me to turn around. It was The Mystery Guy. What's with him now?

"Where the hell are you going?"

He question furiously, gripping my wrist harder. I wince. Fuck it! He's mad.

"I'm h-heading downstairs, t-to eat something" I look down. He stare with those black eyes of him then let me go. I touch my wrist, rubbing it softly. His grip is killing me every time he do it. He's so strong.

"Fine"

Then the door of my room suddenly open by itself cause me to gasp softly, trying not to fright my own self because of it. Well, its creepy. His head gives me a toward gesture, telling me I can go out.... So I followed.

Oh thank God...

I went outside my room slowly leading my way to the kitchen.

                 🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

"Well then, if that's what you want, I'll let you out for a minute. Just remember this Saphhire. Wherever you go, I'll be watching you" Then, a black smoke suddenly appeared in front of me cause me to cough, revealing he's not in my sight anymore.

I sigh.

I've been forcing the Mystery Guy to let me out for awhile and go out for a stroll. And finally, he let me. Well let me say, he's stubborn too. I checked the clock and its already four in the afternoon but I wonder if the coffee shop is still open.

I directly went out of the house and lead my way again in the sidewalk. Finally, I already have a small break from my tortures by him. Good thing I'm wearing a scarf right now around my neck so at least my wound and my marks would be hidden.

Its been four days ever since I moved into this town and today is my fourth day but all the things that I expected to be didn't happened even one. I didn't felt myself having a good vacation here cause all I faced is a fucking torture.

I suddenly found the coffee shop and finding out that its still open.
I sigh in relief.

I went inside and directly found a table. I didn't order something yet, I'm not in the mood.

That's when I didn't notice, a hard slap suddenly connects my head cause me to gasp and turn around. Its Lorraine.

"What the fuck?" I cursed, staring at her, but her on the other hand just crossed her arms.

She sigh heavily and sit on the vacant chair beside me.

"Where the hell were you yesterday? Did you stay inside the house after our last encounter? Fuck bitch, I was bored." She pouted cause me to laugh.

"Not my fault that my mom called me to guard the house"

"Where did she go anyway?" And that question made me tense. My mom, what about my mom?

If I didn't find her or touch her, she still can be dead. If they try to escape, they can still die without reasons. That's how brutal the curse is.

I gasp, while the fear suddenly entered me.

"M-my mom, she... S-he's in danger" I said softly as I felt my tears started to flow down my cheeks. She stare at me confused.

"What do you mean Sapphire?"

"My mom is out of town. S-she went o-outside the borders"

Her eyes went wide and look at me worriedly. She cursed.

"What the fuck?! Why the hell did you let her?" She asked. I look down.

"I-i didn't warn her about the curse. I-i'm not ready yet. And I bet even if I do, s-she just going to think that I'm a fucking weird daughter. S-she thinks I'm being paranoid"

"Bitch, she's your mother. She'll understand it"

"You don't know her" I spat and that made her sigh.

"What are you going to do now? Even if the Mystery Guy can't catch her, she's still going to die" She stated sadly cause me to look at her.

"I know"

Gosh, what the hell should I do now? Wait until I received a message that said 'Your mother is dead?' Well fuck, I don't think I can survive with that.

"I'm going to admit that I'm not sure if your Mom can get back here safely Sapphire or still alive. I never saw someone that once you enetered this town and leave, no one's ever getting back here alive. All you received is a news that this person died in this location.

But don't know what's the cause of it. He or she may be dead because of the curse or because this person who tried to escape the town didn't succeed at all. Of course, cause the Mystery Guy found her or him" I cried. My life is fucked up.

"Oh shit, my fault" I heard her mutter. That's when I felt some gentle arms surrounds my body and rub my back softly. Oh Lorraine, if you only knew all the things I've been through.

I pull away slowly from her grasp and she look at me, smiling.

"So, did you heard the whistle this time?" She question.

I nodded. She slightly gasp.

"Really? Well I'm glad you did"
But then again, she look down. What's wrong?

"Its been three nights straight that he hasn't killed someone yet Saphhire. Three nights I repeat, three nights. What's up with the Mystery Guy now? Don't tell me he's giving his self a break" I gulped. Oh no shit Lorraine maybe because he just found his main victim? Yup, yes it is, absolutely.

"I wonder tonight if he's going to. I mean, its his routine" She said, spacing out. I sigh. I realize that this town feels like a prison. If you try to escape your cell and someone founds out, they always seem to find their way just to catch you or get you back.

But my mom, my mom leave the place and now she's in deep danger. Am I really that selfish?
Even Lorraine, I haven't tell her about my encounter with the Mystery Guy and why he stopped killing people ever since I got here. Because I am the main victim.

No Sapphire, you're just doing this because you just want to protect the one you love. You don't want them to be included in your problem...

Right, of course.

"You need to go home now Sapphire. Your Dad is already home and you're in deep trouble"

I gasp. His voice echoed in my head. Its true, he's just around and he's watching my every move and maybe all this time his eyeing me, he may be even heard our conversation. I bit my lips.

But what does he mean, in deep trouble?

"Don't let me show myself right now Sapphire or you'll fucking regret it"

Fuck, he's mad. I directly stand up from my chair and leave Lorraine behind.

"I'll see you soon Lorraine!" I catch up waving at her as I lead my way to the sidewalk once again. My heart is already beating fast and loud, so loud it could almost jump.

Well, here goes nothing...

Author's Note:

Hope u love this one, please vote....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 7.2K 44
So I was browsing among some little stories and found one that had an odd plot.. It just annoyed me because it was terribly written, things were spel...
THE CURSE LOVE By Shadiyah

Mystery / Thriller

550 10 27
He pulls me closer to him and stares at me as if he wanted to express everything he wanted to. He holds my waist, moves his soft hands on my body, gr...
1.4K 69 39
Gwen Christine Nichols is a weak girl left alone with her abusive father. Her brother and boyfriend disappeared and her mother died in the hands of h...
39.5K 1.2K 38
"It started 6 years ago, a girl who's wandering around the streets, killing any person she sees after dark, it was like this for 6 years in for the t...