The Pen Is Mightier Than The...

By BrookieLynn1304

She's a poet with a mean streak a mile long. She's always had a way with words. She could twist them into More

Skylar's Blue Sky
A New Project
The Wild Side
House Calls
So This Is War
Marry-Go-Rounds and Hairspray Flamethrowers
The Girl With The Dixie Heart Tattoo
Emergencies and Memories
The Truth and Into Alex's Head
Finding Skylar
Home Videos
Trust Issues
The Guard Dog
Pre-Interview Pep Talks
Pop Tarts and Problems
Missing Model
Where Skies Are Blue
The Knucklehead
A Picture Paints One Thousand Words
Fascist Anarchists
The Bitch Came Back
Alex Gets Hitched (For Real This Time)
Picks
Separation Anxiety
Office Meeting
Coffee Conversations
The Princess and The Prince
Bets and Badasses
New Years Eve
The Notoriously Late and Her Leather Jacket
Amore
Mon Cher
What's The French Word For Heroin?
Withdrawal
I Love You More
Roller Coaster From Hell
Water Gun Wars
24 Hours
Little Italian Grandmothers
Alabama Water
Off To Neverland
Superguling The Pieces Back Together
Stitches
Pregnant Model
Our Little Secret
Heartbeat
Grieving
The New Years When No One Gets Arrested
The Next Morning
Hospital Wedding
First Time Away
Done With Bad Luck
New Babies
Nikki's Promise
Preterm and Talks With Daddy
First Trip Home
Do You Still Love Me?
Extended Family
The Morning Routine
Nona's Story
Trip to Disneyland
First Day Fights
Meeting Santa and Meeting the Legion
Pox
The King and The Queen
Little Brothers
Sixx is Our Number
Epilogue: First Date

Nikki's Nightmare

243 7 0
By BrookieLynn1304

"I'll add Top Gun to the list of movies we can't watch without you bawling your eyes out." Nikki laughs and I scowl.

"Goose didn't deserve to die, Nikki." I say stubbornly and he laughs again.

"Awe baby, I know." He says and sits back down beside me. "Did the Blackhawks play today or uh--" Nikki looks at the clock and laughs. "Yesterday I guess."

"Uh yeah." I rack my brain. "I think they played the Bruins."

"Want to see who won?" He asks and I get up to change the channel.

"Yup." I admit with a laugh.

We watch the replays and highlights from the game and I feel myself start to fall asleep on the couch. I'm curled into a ball at the end of the couch and I hear Nikki laugh. He grabs one of my feet so my legs are across his lap and I'm laying down with my head on the arm.

"Tired, baby?" Nikki asks and I nod. "The baby making you tired?"

"Nope, my fiancé that doesn't let me sleep at night makes me tired." I tell him and he laughs.

"I'm sorry but I like having fun." He laughs and I roll my eyes.

"The baby makes me cry though." I admit.

"And the baby makes you puke." Nikki reminds me.

"Oh yeah, how could I forget about that? I only spend all morning praying to the toilet God." I say and he laughs again.

"I want to talk to the baby." He says and rolls up my shirt. "Hey baby, I'm your daddy. I can't wait to see you, I already love you more than anything on this planet. Your mom and you mean the absolute world to me. Your going to have some really crazy uncles and one crazy model of an aunt. By the time you're born you'll have a cousin too. You're going to have an amazing family and they're all going to love you so much. I hope to every god in heaven that you look like your mother. I love you so much, baby."

I smile as tears roll down my cheeks again. I sit up and kiss his lips. Nikki laughs and wipes the tears from my cheeks.

"Should I add this to the list with Top Gun?" He asks and I laugh.

"Maybe." I smile and kiss his lips again. "I love you."

"I love you too." Nikki smiles.

"I'm going to go to bed." I say and kiss his cheek. "Are you coming or?"

"No not yet, Scorpio and I are going to hit a strip club with Tommy and--" I hit his arm lightly making him laugh. "I'll be up in a few minutes I'm going to watch porn while you sleep."

"Nikki!" I complain and he laughs.

"I'm kidding." Nikki promises me. "I'll be up in a few minutes though."

"Okay." I say as I stand up. "Goodnight, baby."

"Goodnight, Sky." He grabs my ass as he walks past and he laughs. "Your ass looks nice."

"I'm wearing your pyjama pants." I laugh as I walk upstairs.

Nikki

Scorpio started barking at the tv when Poison came on MTV, I knew the dog has good taste. I just hope that he doesn't wake up Skylar, I feel bad for Sky not going to lie. She wakes up at about four in the morning getting sick because of morning sickness then she doesn't go back to sleep like she should. So when she is asleep I don't want her to be woken up.

"Scor, you've gotta be quiet. Mama is sleeping." I tell him and he lays down at my feet. "Good boy."

It's quiet for a few minutes and he only noise is the tv humming but I'm not paying all that much attention to it. I'm just kinda zoned out.

I'm excited about Skylar being pregnant but all I can think about is what could go wrong. Skylar could miscarry the baby or the baby could be still born. Or the baby could get here and we start fighting. Or if I'm a shit dad. Or--

I'm cut off by Skylar moving around upstairs.

"Nikki!" She yells and I shoot to my feet.

"Skylar, where are you?" I ask as I walk towards the stairs. "Baby, I thought you were asleep!"

"I'm in the bathroom." Skylar yells back.

"Okay, I'll be right there." I promise her.

I make it to the bathroom and I see an ungodly amount of blood. Skylar is standing on the bathroom floor and she whiter than usual.

"I'm not supposed to get my period when I'm pregnant, right?" She asks.

"No, uh, let's go to the hospital." I say.

"What about the blood?" Skylar asks.

"We'll clean in later, come on." I say and grab her hand.

Skylar

I know that the first eight weeks are important for a baby's development and I thought I was doing really good. I didn't drink and I didn't fall down the stairs. The doctor said for being seven weeks pregnant the baby was healthy. But then there was so much blood on my bathroom floor.

They didn't let Nikki come with me into the room and they kinda put me to sleep. I have no idea what the hell is going on because I'm slowly coming back to the land of the living.

My vision is blurry and all I can hear is beeping from different machines that I'm hooked up to. I try to sit up but the room starts to spin. I take a deep breath and try to sit up slowly again. I look down to see that I'm wearing a hospital gown and I have IVs hooked up to my arms.

A little nurse comes in and smiles.

"Oh you're awake." She says sweetly.

"I-I...My baby...I want Nikki...I want my fiancé." I'm able to stutter out.

"Okay, I'll go get him." She says and quickly walks out.

Within a few minutes Nikki walks in looking half asleep. He runs to my side and grabs my hand.

"I don't like this, babe. You scared the hell out of me." Nikki tells me and kisses my temple. "How's the baby?"

"I don't know yet." I admit and look at the nurse who shifts uncomfortably.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but you miscarried the baby, Miss Roxford." She tells me and my eyes fill up with tears.

"No, no, no. How is this possible? The OBGYN said that the baby was healthy at the appointment. That was no more than a week ago." I explain.

"Some times the chromosomes don't mix that well." The nurse says and the tears fall from my eyes.

"So I can't have kids?" I ask quietly.

"No this doesn't mean anything." She promises. "I'm just going to give you a second."

She walks out of the room and I cover my eyes.  I lost my baby. How? What did I do wrong? I want to be a mom and Nikki wanted to be a father. Wait Nikki!

"Babe." I say and move my hands. "Nikki, talk to me."

I look at him and he looks blank. Nikki looks broken which makes me want to cry more. Tears keep rolling down my face and Nikki doesn't say anything.

"Nikki! Please say something!" I say a lot louder than I meant to. "Urgh! You're impossible!"

I lay back down and roll over on my side so I don't have to look at him. I hate when he does this, he just blanks out and doesn't say a single thing. It pisses me off. I feel him move so he's laying down beside me. Nikki wraps his arms around me and kisses the back on my neck.

"I thought I loved it when my dreams came true." He whispers in my ear. "Until one of my nightmares came true."

"Nikki, I want to drink a lot." I admit. "I want to forget."

"I know, baby." Nikki promises me.

"Maybe we weren't ready yet." I guess.

"Maybe." He agrees. "We will be one day."

"Nikki?" I ask.

"Yeah?"

"Still love me even though I lost the baby?" I wonder.

"I will never stop loving you." He tells me and I smile.

I roll over and bury my face in his chest.

"I love you." I tell him.

"I love you too." Nikki tells me and kisses my hair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.8K 3K 23
just a series of one shots / imagines about your fav Gotham murder ♥️
14.1K 1K 33
Fanfiction holdarah
1K 138 31
Una raccolta di 13 storie, brevi e lunghe, scritta tra il 2005 e il 2007 per gridare al mondo quali motivi hanno spinto Piton a compiere determinati...
32.6K 2.4K 52
Pietro e Beatrice hanno sempre avuto un rapporto complicato. Lo avevano quando si erano appena conosciuti e, due anni e mezzo dopo, la situazione non...