Old Sparks (Austin Mahone)

By kenziecreates

This is the sequel to the fall. (Completed) Mackenzie's moved back to Miami, she went for revenge on Austin... More

Old Sparks (Austin Mahone)
Chapter 1 revenge
Chapter 2 kill me
Chapter 3 sorry
Chapter 4 im through with you
Chapter 6 I'm back
Chapter 7 surprise
Chapter 8 forever and always
Chapter 9 kidnapped
Chapter 10 don't let me go
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 11 surgery
Chapter 12 the night
Chapter 13 Texas
Chapter 14 the family
Chapter 15 the surprise guest
Chapter 16 Harry
Chapter 17 what more do you want?
Chapter 18 im really done.
Chapter 19 I can't believe it
Chapter 20 the beach house
Chapter 21 our new house
Chapter 22 moving in
Chapter 23 salex
Chapter 24 the secret
Chapter 25 all i ever need
Chapter 26 wedding day
~epilogue~
A thank you note

Chapter 5 friends for the night

4.8K 94 13
By kenziecreates

Mackenzie Peters

"We're going out shopping for food and school supplies since you start Monday. Call us if there's any issues." My aunt said after everyone left. I nodded just wanting to lay in my bed and think. They both walked out the door and drove off to the store. I shrunk down into my bed. Why didn't I delete that video? Why did austin have to look at it? Why did I kiss him? My thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell ringing. I groaned and trudged down the steps opening up the door to nothing. Stupid kids ding dong ditching these days. Going to close the door something caught my eye, a shoebox was sitting neatly on the welcome mat with a note taped to the top of it. I picked the box up curious as to what was in it. I closed the door and ran up to my room gently setting the box on my bed before shutting my door. I sat down next to the box feeling my weight slightly sinking the mattress. I ripped the note off the top and slowly opened it, reading it six or seven times because I didn't understand what I read. I set the note neatly to the side and opened up the box, seeing dozens and dozens of folded papers with crummy handwriting scrawled across it. My handwriting. These were all the notes I had written him. I pulled out a small ripped piece of paper that had a different handwriting on it. Austin's. I squinted attempting to read the smudged numbers. It was the day we met. The absolute best day of my entire life. The day I realized that life could get better for me, but only if austin was in it. I was broken out of my thoughts from the ding of my phone. Grateful to whoever interrupted me before I broke.
It was Robert.

'Hay best friend ;) I'm back from Texas can I cash in on that best friend time?'

I laugh to myself and reply back.

'Sure what do you wanna do? xx'

My phone buzzes telling me he replied back.

'Well me and the boys heard knotts scary farm is starting this weekend. Wanna go babe? xx'

'Haha sure babe what time?'

'Be there in 5'

'Kay'

I laughed, of course the boys wanted to go to knotts scary farm. I walk over to my closet and pull out a pair of black skinny jeans. After putting them on I pulled out a white long sleeve v-neck teeshirt and went to the bathroom to fix my makeup. I finished just as the doorbell rings. I grabbed my phone and my purse sprinting downstairs and flinging open the door.
"Give me a minute rob." I say as I run back to the kitchen and scribble down a note for my aunt and uncle saying I was going out and I would probably be back tomorrow. Once I pinned it to the fridge I skipped out the door to the waiting range rover full of teen boys waiting to be scared.
"Hey boys!" I say jumping in the car into the only open seat available. Next to austin. I pretended it wasn't a big deal and sat down. Pulling out my phone i saw I had a message from Sarah.

'Are you okay with sitting next to austin? I can text Alex to have him switch with you? xx'

'It's fine boo <3'

'Okay let me know :*'

'Sure thang ;)'

I heard Sarah laugh behind me and I smiled.
"So Kenzie how's it been? I've missed you gorgeous!" Robert said from the front seat, I see austin from the corner of my eye and he doesn't look happy at all that Robert called me gorgeous. Well he needs to get over it. Lots of people do now and I'm not his.
"It's been good rob I've just missed my best friends." I say smiling.
"We've missed you beautiful!" Robert says and then jumps into a conversation with Zach who's driving. I look behind me to see Alex and Sarah being all lovey in the backseat and I smile. I love them together, they were the definition of the perfect couple. I sigh and turn to the window looking out at the cars zooming past us on the freeway. I pull out a pair of earbuds from my purse and plug them into my phone letting waiting for superman by daughtry flow through my earbuds. As I soak into the music my phone buzzes. Without checking the name I open the message and read through it.

'Im sorry for everything. I really am. Can we just try to be friends tonight and move past this? I really miss you. A lot.'
I reread the message and the name multiple times before thinking of a reply.

'Sure as long as you stop trying to hit on me and stop being a jerk.'

Moments later I got a reply.

'I wouldn't be jerk a purposely. And I promise I won't hit on you anymore. No matter what.'

'Okay then I guess we can try to be friends for tonight.'

'Thank you :)'

I don't reply back but I look over at austin who's smiling out the window with his earbuds stuck in his ears. I smile and sink back into my music.

I'm awoken by Alex ripping the earbuds from my ears.
"What the hell Alex?!"
"Were here loser!" He screams and I stick my tongue out at him. He mimics me and I open the car door stepping out into the cold night. We all walk through the parking lot and to the ticket booth, standing in a line of teenagers awaiting their nightmares to come alive. Once we all buy the tickets, which Robert insisted to pay for mine, we waited for the gates to open.
"Let's split up into pairs well be less likely to get mobbed by monsters with a smaller group." Zach says.
"I choose Alex!" Sarah screams grabbing ahold of her boyfriend. I roll my eyes playfully.
"Awe but I wanted Alex!" I pouted and Sarah laughs.
"I call mackenzie!" Austin screams holding my arm, I look at him confused but he just smiles at me.
"Well it looks like it's just me and you zachy." Robert says and they open up the gates.
Tonight should be interesting. I think to myself. We all split up to go to different mazes and rides. Austin and I decide to run to ghost rider so we can do that ride first, on the way there we ran into several monsters who snarled in our ears or popped out of nowhere scaring the crap out of both austin and I. The crowd was huge so I grabbed Austin's hand to stay with him, there was no way I was getting lost tonight. No fucking way. I would rather lose my legs, or arms, or even my eye before I got lost in this place. We finally made it to the ride and got in line, since we ran there wasn't a lot of people waiting in line yet so we were good to go.
"So why did you pick me as your partner?" I ask austin once were settled in line.
"Because I wanted to make it up to you and like I said I missed you, so I decided we should hang out tonight."
"Oh." I decide to say. Moments later were loaded onto the cart and strapped in, all the seats are full except the ones behind us. I'm a little confused but I shrug it off. We shoot off and get through half the ride before the cart stops on a curve and two monsters jump in the seats behind us. I scream and the cart drops down a step hill as the monsters mess with us the rest of the ride until we get to the end when the cart stops once again and the monsters jump off. We get back into the station and I scramble to get back out of the cart. I race down the steps after grabbing my purse, leaving austin to race after me. I look at our photo and smile to myself, my hair is everywhere and I'm half screaming half laughing, austin on the other hand is smiling looking directly at me. I walk over to the counter and tell the clerk our number buying a small photo. I'm finished paying and combing out my hair with my fingers when austin finally makes it down the steps.
"What took you so long?" I mock.
"Sorry there was a mahomie and she wanted a photo." He says smiling. He really loved his fans, more than himself, more than his life. It was truly an amazing thing to see. I smiled and linked arms with him.
"Mazes?" I ask and he nods with his smile wider than before as we make out way to the nearest maze. The first one was the arcade maze, I remembered this one from last year, it was one of the ones that scared me shitless.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" Austin asked me for the tenth time while we waited in line.
"Yes austin for the millionth time, I promised myself I was going to do every maze even if it killed me." I reply back rolling my eyes. We get to the front of the line and they take a quick photo of us before we are aloud to walk in, the second we step inside I'm reminded of why this one scared me so much, each corner there is a guy hidden who jumps out right in front of you, sometimes they wait and jump out right behind you. We walk cautiously hand in hand only hearing the distant screams of the other people in the maze and our hearts rapidly beating. I turn the last corner slowly waiting for guy to pop out and when no one does I become even more afraid. We get to the very end about to walk out when a guy jumps down from the top of the door frame with a chainsaw. I scream and jump into austin chest and he holds me close to him as we continue walking out. We decide to do a show before another maze and I remember a funny one down by the boardwalk section of knotts. The only problem: it was the clown section and I'm terrified of clowns.
"Are you sure about this?" Austin asks me as we make out way down to the theater.
"Yeah it'll be okay." I brush off my fear.
"Well I don't think you want a repeat of what happened in the last maze." He said laughing at me.
"Shut up!" I playfully slapped him laughing. "That was scary!" We continue to walk hand in hand, neither one of us never let go after the last maze and to be honest I was actually okay with it. I was having a good time tonight. I was actually having a good time with austin mahone. We sit through the show about a girl with a cursed tattoo, we laugh a little and then it's over. Walking out of the theater austin grabs my hand again I look up at him confused.
"Sorry." He says shyly pulling his hand away. I grab his hand again.
"No it's okay." I say and he smiles. We continue walking when I see them. Josh and Ashley.
Fuck. I cursed under my breath.
"What's wrong?" Austin asked me.
"Kiss me." I said as they got closer.
"What?" He asked clearly confused.
"Just kiss me." I said and he brought his lips to mine slightly brushing over them before he pressed his soft lips to mine. His fingers intertwined with my hair and I brought my hands to his hair gently tugging at the strands at the nape of his neck, our lips moved in sync and he pulled our bodies closer. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance and the minute I let him in he explored my mouth, our tongues fighting for dominance, which he won of course. Our little makeout session lasted a few more minutes when I remembered why I kissed him again. I remembered what was going on and I pulled off of austin. I looked around to see if they were still there and sighed in relief they were gone.
"So are you going to explain why you made me kiss you or what?"
"We're going to forget it ever happened." I say and walk to the nearest maze not caring if austin follows or not. We continue the night with no further conversations, not until we got a text from Alex saying to meet at the front. That's the only time austin spoke to me the rest of the night.
"Alex wants to meet up front." He said.
"Okay let's go." I reply and he nods. We get to the front of the park and meet up with the rest of the crew to pile into the range rover.
"Let's go get something to eat!" Sarah says once were all in the car.
"It's two am babe nothings going to be open." Alex says.
"Denny's!" Sarah screams as we drive past one. Robert turns around and parks in the practically empty parking lot. We all run inside and pack ourselves into a small booth to wait for the waitress to take our order. Once we all order the conversations about tonight start.
"We did every maze and show." Sarah brags.
"We did every maze twice and some of the shows." Robert bragged.
"We did the mazes and a show." I mumbled just wanting to eat and go home.
"What?" Zach asked but was interrupted by the lady bringing out our food. Silence filled the table as we scarfed down every last bite.
"So how about we spend the night at my place?" Austin asks the group as we all finish.
"Sounds good to me." Robert agrees and Zach nods.
"I'm okay with it." Sarah says.
"I have no choice." Alex laughs and everyone looks at me.
"I guess." I grumble and they all cheer earning us dirty looks from the tired workers. We get up paying the bill and pile back into Austin's car in the same seats as we rode in. I instantly plugged my earbuds in and let my music fill the quietness of the car.

I feel someone shaking me awake and I look up to see austin. I'm lying down on his lap.
"Sorry." I say jumping up embarrassed by my behavior. Why did I have to fall asleep on his lap? I mentally groan and scurry out of the car into his house with the rest of the crew. Everyone is too tired to do anything productive tonight so we all decide to crash in Austin's room. I didn't have anything to change into so I walked next door to pick up some pajamas. I picked up some black Victoria secret sweatpants and a red pullover jacket. Once I finished changing into the clothes I walked back over to Austin's house, to find everyone but austin asleep on his floor. Austin was laying on his bed in just a black pair of sweatpants on his computer. I made my way to an empty spot on the floor when he finally spoke up.
"You don't have to lay on the floor you know. I can always share the bed, or you can have it. Either way is fine."
"No it's okay you can have the bed I'm not really tired." I reply.
"Neither am i. Wanna just come sit with me and we can talk? You know like old times?" Austin says.
"Sure." I say carefully making my way to the bed and sitting down.
"So how's life been mr. Pop-star?" I ask austin playfully.
"It's been good singing wise. Life wise not as good as you would think."
"What do you mean?" I ask confused on why his life would be so horrible. He was famous for gods sake!
"Because I lost you." He started. "I made a giant stupid mistake that I wish I wouldn't have made and I can't believe how much of a jerk I've been. I can't believe how much I actually hurt you. The plan was not to hurt you. My plan was to make everything better. To make you forget about the boy who ruined everything but that didn't work did it? I did it the wrong way and I screwed up your life once again because I'm a screw up. That's all ill ever be."
"Austin-" he cut me off.
"No don't try to make me feel better because in all honesty why should I feel better? I don't deserve it! With the hell I put you through why should I feel better?"
"Austin just listen to me okay? At first it was hard. Really hard. I didn't know what to do anymore but I made myself move on. I pushed myself to be who I am today because of what you did. So I want to thank you because if you didn't I probably wouldn't be as strong as I am now."
"Your one of the strongest people I know. You've gone through hell dating me, loving me yet your still here wanting to be with me."
"Who said I still wanted to be with you? Because I sure as hell didn't." I say sounding ruder than I intended.
"Why did you make me kiss you earlier? Or do I still not get to know?"
"I saw josh and Ashley okay? I panicked. I didn't know what to do so I had you kiss me. It made them leave so I guess it worked didn't it? You happy now?" I spat at him.
"So you used me?" Austin asked sounding hurt.
"Austin-" I started to apologize but he cut me off.
"I hope you got what you wanted mackenzie because I'm through trying to be with you or be your friend. Have a nice life." He says getting up off the bed and walking out of the room. I flop down into his bed and silently scream into his pillow. If I've learned one thing from dating austin is not to follow him when he's mad, just let him cool off and talk to him later. Plus I'm too exhausted to argue with him any longer. I close my eyes and drift into a deep sleep.

"Austin!" I hear myself yell into the darkness.
"Mackenzie?" I hear austin whisper back and I open my eyes to find myself lying in austin bed with him lying next to me, his arms wrapped around my tiny waist.
"Babe what's wrong?" Austin asks. "Was it another nightmare again?"
"Yes. It was horrible." I hear myself whimper out and he pulls me into his chest tighter.
"It's okay princess I'm right here. I won't ever leave you again." He coos into my ear as I let soft whimpers out into his chest.
"Mackenzie?"
"Mackenzieeeeee?" I hear a voice say waking me from my dream.
"Mackenzie are you okay? I walked upstairs and you screamed my name." Austin said stroking my back. It was a dream. Of course it was, austin wouldn't treat me like that especially after what I did last night. I look around the room to find it empty.
"Where is everyone?" I ask sitting up.
"Downstairs eating breakfast, but your not getting out of this one mackenzie what the hell happened?" Austin asked me clearly annoyed by me trying to change the subject.
"I thought you had died. Well you did in my dream." I lied.
"Well I'm alive now let's go eat." He laughed. I jumped out of his bed and sprinted down the steps to the kitchen table where my favorite breakfast was ready. Chocolate chip pancakes with bacon and toast with Nutella on it.
"So whoever made this, I love you, very much." I say already scarfing down half a pancake.
"Austin did." Alex shouts from the living room and I nearly choke on my food. Of course he did. Whenever we get into fights he makes me food to make everything better.
"Well thank you for this amazing breakfast austin." I smile at him from across the table. So far the only one who finished before I came down was Alex, so everyone saw my reaction to austin nice gesture but him.
"So what do y'all want to do today?" Robert asks and I laugh at his southernness.
"Sorry babe but I have to go home. I have school starting tomorrow."
"Awe but boo I missed you!" Robert says and I laugh.
"Sorry rob but I have to go." I say getting up to hug him. I give everyone a hug goodbye and stop short when austin is standing by the door.
"I didn't get a hug." He states standing right in front of the door.
"Do you really think messing with me is a good idea. I'm not a morning person remember?" I say sarcastically and he moves out of the way quickly his face showing fear.
"That's what I thought pretty boy. Goodbye." I say walking out of his house and into mine. I walk up to my room to find a black fringe bag next to a red binder on my bed with a fresh new set of school supplies. I was going to make this year good, it may be the same school but it sure as hell wasn't the same me.

~okay so I hope you guys aren't too mad at me. I was trying so hard to get my app fixed and then the writers block hit. I feel absolutely horrible. I have so much school work to do plus I can't stay up late to write because I have practice at five in the fucking morning. Don't ask, my cross country team is fucking physco okay? Okay. I'm finally back into the grove so please don't leave! I will try my hardest to update regularly but I will not guarantee a set day so I don't disappoint y'all. We have 17.6k on the fall and we hit 1k on the sequel! I'm so proud of how far this story has gotten and I'm so grateful for all you wonderful readers. Please keep up the great work and I'll keep writing :) I love you all <3 -Kenzie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.1K 56
Jennifer is a broken girl. She's lost her dad and is picked on at school for his mistakes. She's fighting through everyday with her best friend and O...
1.3M 21.5K 37
When Gabby has to move to a whole different state because of her mom's new job offer she isn't to happy. She has decided to make this trip miserable...
66.3K 1.2K 34
A story about two best friend falling in love. But they didn't know they both had feelings for each other. Will Austin confess? Or will Chaz? Or will...
9.2K 479 44
***FINAL TUMBLING DOWN TRILOGY STORY*** Mackenzie Ziegler has been with Tyler for...pretty much, all of high school. He did everything he could for h...