Against All Odds

By DreamWeaver14

How do you handle the demons of your past, when you can barely face the evil of the present? Can a heart eve... More

Prologue
Against All Odds
Chapter Two - Walls
Chapter Three - Fight
Chapter Five - Matt
Chapter Six - Air
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
CHAPTER 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87

Chapter Four - Mean

1.2K 26 7
By DreamWeaver14

Chapter Four

Kandee's POV

I stood motionless, completely shocked that he was kissing me.  Matt's lips moved against my motionless ones as confusion kept me from reacting. I was unsure of whether I liked it or hated it, my mind was racing as I tried to understand what I was feeling.  Matt pulled back, realizing that he was the only one participating in the kiss. His eyes searched mine, they showed fear.  It was as though he was waiting for me to scream and freak out or something.

"Shit!  Kandee I'm sorry I don't know what I was thinking. Why am I so f*cking stupid?" He said in a rush.  His eyes widening as I began to visibly shake. He stepped away from me, his eyes darting from me to the door.

I felt tears threatening to overflow from my eyes. Deep breaths, Kandee, take deep breaths. I thought to myself.  It's going to be alright, you'll be alright.  My heart had felt a spark of something that I thought had died long ago, love.  But it couldn't be real, it had to have been my imagination.  I couldn't possibly still love Matt, could I?  After everything he had put me through, all it took was one kiss and my defenses began to crumble.

Matt was pacing and mumbling all kinds of nonsense, his words barely registering in my mind. "Matt would you-stand freaking still for once! You are on my last nerve at the moment! Just shut up and stand still!" I snapped, my words coming out harsher than I had intended.

Matt halted almost instantaneously. Now I needed answers, but I couldn't decided what to address first.  So I just settled upon getting answers for the obvious things first. "Why did you kiss me? And I don't want any stupid remarks got it?" I asked crabbily.

"Yes I've got it." He grumbled staring at his feet.

"Why did you kiss me? I thought you hated me? Is this some kind of joke? What the hell are you thinking?!" I questioned running out of breath as I rambled off inquiries.

" I don't know why I kissed you! I do hate you but at least  feel some kind of emotion.  All you do is cry and mope. It has been eleven years! It is time to pick up the pieces and move on! I know you miss your parents but by acting like this, you only hurt yourself and every one around you! They are dead you need to move on! Do you even realize that maybe I still love the old you? The girl who smiled and laughed! But you never smile anymore!" He shouted at me like it was so easy to see.

"I buried the old me the same day I buried my parents. She is dead and gone and it is your fault!" I sputtered as my tears finally broke loose.  "You turned your back on me when I told you! You called me a parent-less freak! That's when the part of me that loved you died!" I sobbed as I remembered how bad it had hurt to watch him walk away from me. He had said so many horrible things, yet losing him killed me inside.  It was hard to smile knowing no one loved you because you were a freak.

Matt uttered the five words that formed the final nail in my coffin.

"You are better off dead." His voice was icy cold and filled with anger as he turned and walked out of my bedroom. He had crushed what little will to live I had left. He didn't ever realize the effect those five words had. The power they held. The life they would end.

I stumbled to my bathroom knowing that it would all be over soon. The blade glistened as it sliced trough the thin skin of my good wrist. Blood poured down my hand and pooled on the floor as I sank to the ground. I felt darkness surround me and all I thought was I'm going to be with mom and dad.

·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·

Please comment, vote, and fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159 6 6
Daniel Raziel, a young man in his early twenties, is plagued by a heart tumor and is running out of time. He refuses his final moments to be surround...
45 0 24
Cameron suffers with cancer and doesn't have long left to live. Hating the fact that he hasn't got long left and doesn't know when he will die, he go...
26.1K 352 20
Kendall, a bisexual 16-year-old, is living at home with an abusive mother, who's also an alcoholic. To cope with the physical pain received from her...
5K 210 40
*Unedited* "What's so hard about just listening to what I have to say?" I plead. "I know that you would definitely be my forever but now it seems to...