Jefferson Lake (MBBF Spin-Off)

By knightsrachel

*Spin-off of My Brother's Best Friend *Trigger Warning: This book deals with issues such as self-harm, Anorex... More

Quick Description
Character Aesthetics
Slam Poetry
To Help Clear up the Confusion
Chap. 1
Chap. 2
Chap. 3
Chap. 4
Chap. 5
Chap. 6
Chap. 7
Chap. 8
Chap. 9
Chap. 10
Chap. 11
Chap. 12
Chap. 13
Chap. 14
Chap. 15
Chap. 16
Chap. 17
Chap. 18
Chap. 19
Chap. 20
McKenna's POV - Chap. 20
Chap. 21
Chap. 22
Chap. 23
Chap. 24
Chap. 25
Chap. 26
Chap. 27
Chap. 28
Chap. 29
McKenna's POV - Chap. 29 Continued
Chap. 30
Chap. 31
Parker's POV - Chap. 31
McKenna's POV - Manic Episode
Chap. 32
Chap. 33
Chap. 34
Chap. 35
Chap. 36
Chap. 37
Chap. 38
Chap. 39
Chap. 40
Parker's POV
Chap. 41
Emily's POV - Merry Christmas!
Chap. 42
Author's Note
Chap. 43
Chap. 44
Chap. 46
Chap. 47
Chap. 48
Watty's Surprise!
Chap. 49
Chap. 50
Chap. 51
Parker's POV - MLK Weekend
Chap. 52
Chap. 53
Chap. 54
Chap. 55
Chap. 56
Chap. 57
McKenna's POV - Chap. 57
Chap. 58
Chap. 59
Parker's POV
Chap. 60
Chap. 61
Housekeeping!
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2
Because I'm Tired of Answering Comments
Bonus Chapter
One-Shot Contest Winner
Watty Awards One Shot Winner
Fiction Awards!

Chap. 45

128K 6.4K 6.8K
By knightsrachel

"Truth or dare?" McKenna asked Emily, with her eyebrows raised.

"Truth," Emily said, with a smile.

"Boring," Parker complained.

"I did dare last time," Emily pointed out. "Let me have this one."

"Tell us about your most awkward date," McKenna said.

Parker raised his eyebrows at Emily, clearly interested in this answer.

"Okay," Emily agreed, with a laugh. "I was in the 11th grade, and I was living in London. And I met this guy, his name was Derryl."

Parker growled.

"Oh tone down the jealousy big guy," Emily said, patting his arm. "Super nice, seemed legit. So we went on a stroll together, which doesn't sound romantic but in my situation, it was pretty much like freedom. And so I was trying to strike up a conversation with him, anything to keep it going you know? And I happened to mention that my best friend Michelle owned a cat named Jasmine. And holy shit, it was like I opened the dam. He starts talking about his pet cats back home, which is cool. I'm all about talking about your pets. But then he goes on to talk about how he wishes he could form a rock band with his cats. Like an actual rock band, because that would be cool. So I just kind of nod and smile, because what the fuck am I supposed to say to that? And then this silence stretches between us, a good 30 seconds or so, and then he meows. Like an actual meow. In the middle of the streets of London. And I didn't know what to say to that, so I just pretended like I didn't hear it and tried to make more conversation. And he talked about his cats some more. And then when we got back, I went on my merry way and never made contact again."

At this point we were all doubled over in laughter, imagining this scenario in our heads.

"So there you go, my most awkward date," she finished.

"I'm just glad it wasn't with me," Parker said, flashing her a smile.

"As long as you don't meow at me in the middle of the street, or talk about starting a rock band with your pet cats, I think we're okay," Emily said, laughing.

"Pick your victim," I said, smiling at Emily. "Will it be Parker or me?"

She glanced between the two of us, knitting her eyebrows together.

"Parker my love," she said, a smile dancing on her lips.

"Dammit," he muttered.

"Truth or dare?"

He let out a long sigh, studying her face.

"Dare."

"I hoped you'd choose that."

"Great."

She chuckled. "I dare you to sing a song."

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Any song?"

"A song that reminds you of me."

I couldn't help but laugh, leaning back in my chair.

This should be interesting.

"You want me to sing a song that reminds me of you?" Parker reiterated.

Emily nodded, tilting her head to the side with that ever present smile.

Parker nodded, his eyes narrowing.

"That was a risky move," McKenna commented.

"I'm intrigued," Emily said, with a shrug.

And then Parker jumped to his feet, extending his arms out.

"I can show you the world! Shining, shimmering splendid. Tell me princess, now when did you last let your heart decide?"

He climbed up on the coffee table to continue his solo from up there. "I can open your eyes, take you wonder by wonder. Over, sideways, and under on a magic carpet ride."

And then he turned and faced Emily, a smile on his lips. "A whole new world! A new fantastic point of view. No one to tell us no or where to go. Or say we're only dreaming."

And then he hopped down, standing directly in front of Emily.

"A whole new world, a dazzling place I never knew. But when I'm way up here, it's crystal clear. That now I'm in a whole new world with you."

She stared at him in silence for a few moments, her eyes wide.

"Do I need to continue?" he asked.

His back was to me, but I imagine him smirking.

"You asshole," she muttered. "I didn't expect you to actually take that seriously."

"You call that seriously?" he asked, before bending down and kissing her.

And then he plopped back down on the couch next to her.

"I thought it was sweet," she countered.

He just chuckled, his eyes piercing into mine.

I guess he's chosen his victim.

"So, McKenna or Lee?" Emily asked him.

"Lee," he said, a smile already on his face. "Truth or dare?"

I was nervous as hell.

I didn't like that smile on his face.

But I wasn't going to back down either.

"Dare."

"I dare you to draw McKenna."

I glanced over at McKenna, who just shrugged.

He leaned forward, that glint still in his eye. "Draw her like one of your French girls."

"Parker!" Emily exclaimed.

I felt my jaw drop, my cheeks heating up.

"You don't have to-" Emily started.

"Are you backing down from a dare?" Parker taunted.

And then McKenna stood up.

She was dressed in a sheer, pink shirt and a pair of dark wash jean capris with bright, white Converse, her brunette hair straightened around her shoulders.

In one, swift motion, she pulled her shirt off, revealing her black, lace bra.

I felt my eyes widen as I stared at her.

Emily reached over and slapped her hand over Parker's eyes.

"What are you-" I started.

"Well are you going to get some paper?" she questioned, as she unbuttoned her capris, sliding them off to reveal her matching underwear.

Holy shit.

She slipped off her shoes to get her capris off, glancing back up at me. "Paper," she reminded me.

Right.

I scrambled up, glancing over my shoulder at the printer on the desk in the living room.

I grabbed some computer paper out of the printer and swiped a pen off the desk before slapping it on the coffee table, taking a seat on the floor.

Holy shit, my girlfriend was in her bra and underwear.

"Do I need to pose or something?" McKenna asked.

"Is she actually naked?" Parker questioned, Emily still covering his eyes.

"Undergarments," Emily informed him.

"No, you're good," I breathed, staring at her for a few moments.

"Well then you should probably get to drawing," she suggested.

Drawing. Right.

"It'll just be a rough sketch," I stated, before I started, glancing up at her every few moments.

"I can't believe this is happening," Parker stated.

Me either.

It took me a few minutes, mostly because I was more in shock than anything, but I managed to get a rough sketch of my girlfriend in her bra and underwear down.

"Good?" McKenna asked.

I nodded, and she slipped her clothes back on.

Once she was fully dressed again, Emily released Parker.

Parker took the paper, spinning it to face him.

I retook my seat, glancing over at McKenna.

She just smiled at me, offering me a wink.

Parker threw his head back in laughter before glancing down at the sketch again. "Damn."

He glanced up at McKenna and then at me. "I can't believe you actually did it."

I ran my fingers through my hair, feeling my cheeks heat up.

Parker shoved the sketch towards me, laughing as he shook his head. "You guys win this round."

~*~

"Cause baby now we got bad blood!" McKenna and Emily belted, dancing around the living room. "You know it used to be mad love. So take a look what you've done. Cause baby now we got bad blood!"

"Has the ball dropped yet?" Parker asked, taking a swig of his beer.

"I wish," I muttered, letting my neck fall back. "Then my eardrums wouldn't be bleeding to death."

"Shut up!" Emily called over to us. "You're interrupting T Swift."

"Thank God!" Parker called back.

That earned him getting pelted with a pillow.

I chuckled, which earned me a glare.

"How much longer?" Parker called out, once Taylor Swift finished her set.

"9 minutes," Emily said, climbing into Parker's lap. "And then we can share in our New Year's Kiss and you can go to bed Mr. Grumpy."

"I'm not tired. My ears are just bleeding."

"Now you know how the rest of us felt listening to your Disney solo earlier."

A hurt expression crossed Parker's face. "Hey! That came from my heart."

"I know." She leaned in and kissed his cheek. "It was adorable. I loved it."

"I'm sorry that we can never escape the PDA," I said to McKenna, reaching down and hitting them with a throw pillow.

"I'm used to it," she promised, with a lopsided smile.

"Well you don't have much of a choice, since they're shoving it in our face all the time."

"Close your eyes?" Parker suggested.

"Or get a room?" I suggested.

"I'm going to-" Parker started, but Emily shoved a pillow in his face. "Enough boys. I'm trying to enjoy the last few minutes of my year, not listen to you two bicker."

"We should say what we're thankful for!" McKenna said, her eyes lighting up.

"No," Parker muttered, shoving the pillow off his face.

"I think that's a lovely idea," Emily countered, lowering her eyes at him. "And if you want to get laid, you'll reconsider."

"Oh my God," I muttered.

"Well then I think it's just a lovely idea too," Parker said, finishing off his beer. "And whatever the hell else Emily thinks is a lovely idea, I'm on board with."

"Hey Em, say that you think Parker running naked through the snow is a lovely idea," I suggested.

Parker narrowed his eyes at me. "Try and see what happens," he said, in a low, bone-chilling voice.

"Are you threatening your girlfriend?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.

"I'm threatening you."

"I'll start!" Emily volunteered, interrupting our argument. "I'm thankful for you guys, because you've basically become like my family. And I couldn't be more thankful for that."

Emily was already in Parker's lap, but he wrapped his arms tightly around her.

"No kissing until New Year," she ordered.

So he kissed her forehead.

"You go," she suggested.

He let out a long sigh, letting his head fall back.

"And be sincere," she added.

He picked his head back up, glancing at me and then at Emily, finally settling on McKenna.

"Okay," he drawled. "I'm thankful for you babe, because you keep me sane. Without you, I'm not sure that the bills would get paid on time or that I would get adequate amounts of sleep-"

"You don't," she interrupted.

"Well as much as I do," he continued. "And all the shit that you do for me, I'm just thankful for. So thanks."

I rolled my eyes, and I'm sure Emily had the urge to, but she instead just nestled deeper into his lap.

"I'm thankful for Emmett, even though his sorry ass left this morning. Because he's my best friend, and he's gotten me through a lot of tough shit. And he's been there for me when no one else was."

I nodded in agreement.

"And then I'm thankful for McKenna."

I think we all just stared at him, and McKenna's jaw kind of dropped a little bit.

"Because even though I was an asshole to you that one time, and I'm sorry about that, I'm thankful that you play the role that you do in Lee's life."

He cleared his throat, clearly feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"So yeah, thanks."

McKenna just continued to stare at him, and then she slowly nodded.

And then he glanced at me.

"And then I'mthankfulforLeebecausehe'smybrotherandI'mgladhe'salive."

Parker cleared his throat again.

"What?" I asked, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't catch anything that he just said, except maybe my name.

"There we go," Parker finished.

Emily rolled her eyes.

"Okay, so who's next?" Parker asked.

"Wait," I ordered. "I want to know what you just said."

"It's not my fault that you couldn't understand it," Parker snapped.

"I don't think I could've understand that if I recorded it and then slowed it back down. The fuck was that?"

"That was me telling you what I'm thankful for."

"That was bullshit."

"You guys are seriously going to argue over this too?" Emily asked, letting out a frustrated sigh.

I just rolled my eyes, folding my arms across my chest.

"I'll go next," McKenna offered.

Emily nodded, excitedly.

"I'm thankful for you guys, for bringing me up here and giving me a Christmas that I wouldn't have had otherwise."

"We love you," Emily said, blowing her a kiss.

"And I'm thankful for my family, my parents back home," McKenna said, with a small smile. "Even though they couldn't make the trip to see me, I know they would've if they could've. And I miss them, like a lot. So I'm just thankful for all that they've done for me, for letting me move down to Florida and come to boarding school and everything."

I reached over and squeezed her hand.

McKenna smiled at me. "Your turn."

"I'll take Parker's approach," I said, smiling at her. "I'm thankful for McKenna, because she came into my life at just the right time, and she's helped me through a lot that I probably couldn't have gotten through on my own."

McKenna brought the back of my hand up to hers and kissed it.

I glanced across the coffee table. "And I'm thankful for Emily, because even though she's my brother's girlfriend, she's become a really good friend to me. And I'm thankful that she doesn't hate me after all the shit I put her through."

"Never," Emily promised.

"And I'm thankful for her optimistic spirit and the way that she knows just what to say when I need to hear it, even though I don't always want to hear it."

Emily nodded, a smile playing on her lips.

"And then I'm also thankful for Emmett, because he's always treated me like the younger brother he probably never wanted. And he let me tag along when he hung out with Parker. And he's been there for me when I needed him."

And then I glanced at Parker, whose expression was unreadable.

"So there," I finished, lowering my eyes at him. "Happy New Year."

Emily rolled her eyes.

Parker just shrugged.

"Just tell the kid what you said," Emily stated.

"I said it. Not my fault you didn't hear it."

"Nobody could've understood it," Emily countered.

Parker let out a long sigh, as though the very thought of repeating it pained him.

"I don't do emotional shit," Parker reminded Emily. "This physically pains me."

"Well then drive in the knife and let's hear it."

Parker's eyes bore into mine, and he sighed. "I said that I'm thankful for Lee."

As I originally thought.

"Because he's my brother," Parker continued.

Deep.

"And I'm glad he's alive."

Oh.

"Was that so hard?" Emily questioned, reaching up and squeezing his upper arm.

Yes.

But Parker's gaze never left mine.

"Well I'm thankful for Parker," I said, in a hoarse voice.

Which didn't go unnoticed by Parker. His eyebrows knitted together, and his head tilted to the side.

"Because he's my brother," I continued.

"Original," Parker commented.

"And I'm glad that he hasn't given up on me."

Silence filled the living room, the sudden heaviness weighing down on the once light atmosphere.

"It's time to begin the countdown," Emily whispered.

My gaze tore away from Parker's the TV, where the ball was slowly beginning to descend in Times Square, the 60 second countdown beginning.

I slowly stood up, wrapping an arm around McKenna, who was waiting with an excited expression.

"New Year's Resolution?" she asked me, with a half-smile.

"I don't know."

"Well you have 30 seconds to decide."

"That's so much pressure," I said, with a slight laugh.

"Think, think, think!"

"10!" Emily shouted.

I stared into McKenna's eyes, feeling the slight anxiety pressing against my chest.

A new year, another chance.

"9."

Everything could be different.

"8."

I had to make that change though.

"7."

I had to commit to it.

"6."

"Have you decided?" McKenna asked me.

"5."

I slowly nodded. "I think so."

"4, 3, 2, 1!"

I bent down, pressing my lips against McKenna's.

Happy New Year.

***************************************************************************************************

So what did you guys think about the truth or dare game? Who had the best truth/dare? What about the New Year? Do you guys usually make New Year's Resolutions? I don't.

The picture up top was submitted by food_is_my_bff. What do you think?

The song attached is "A Whole New World", the one that Parker serenaded Emily with. It's from Aladdin, and if you didn't already know that then you clearly didn't have a childhood.

So I just wanted to address something right quick. A lot of you guys last chapter were making the comment that "Lee should go with Parker to the museum" or that "Emily invited herself along" and I just wanted to address that real quick. Emily bought these tickets 1) because Parker is an Art nerd and she knew he'd love them but 2) because we all know that Parker deserves a mini-vacation. He works really hard day in and day out, and he's made a lot of sacrifices. And so sue her, she thought that they could take a long weekend and go to Denver together, do something HE wanted to do (maybe something she doesn't have much interest in, but she'll do it for him), but their whole weekend isn't going to be spent at an Art museum. That's one day. They're going to have an entire weekend in Denver. It's THEIR weekend. Not Lee & Parker's. So I just wanted to address that.

Teaser: Time to go back to school, back to reality. (Oh there goes gravity.) And Lee & McKenna are immediately hit with Midterms, something that's still kind of new for Lee, since he's been homeschooled mostly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 2K 34
Ali, normal teenager, 15 year old girl is a very talented pianist and is an only child. Her mother died at the age of two. It's just her and her Dad...
7.5K 107 38
Book #2 of the Mental Awareness Series {Noah Schnapp x other character (female)} Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder- A chronic condition includ...
512 44 11
Anybody who is anybody lives in Lakeaway Heights, New York. It is where the most high profiled families reside. Makes the glorious Manhattan seem so...
18.2K 797 42
An idea popped into my somewhat witty brain. "Ooh, can I call you 'Mophead', since that's what your hair looks like?" He laughed. The way his eyes li...