Chap. 21

"Can you drive?" Emmett asked me, as I continued to flip through the channels on the hotel television.

"Am I capable of driving?" I asked, looking over at him.

"Isn't that what I just asked?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I have my learner's."

"Why don't you get your license then?"

"Because Parker doesn't want to pay to add me to the insurance," I said, as I resumed flipping through the channels.

"How is that not driving you crazy?" Emmett muttered, reaching over and turning off the TV.

"Rude."

He chuckled. "We're going out."

"And you're getting drunk," I stated, flopping over on my back on my bed.

"No," Emmett declined. "But I'll probably have a drink or two, and I'm not going to drive after that with you in the car." He fished his keys out of the pocket out of his sweatpants. "But we're going out, so let's go."

"Where are we going?" I asked, without moving from my position on the bed.

"Out."

"I heard you. But where?"

He ignored me, opening up the hotel room door. "Do you plan on coming? Or are you going to stay here and stare at the ceiling?"

I let out a sigh, rolling off the bed and following him out of the hotel room.

Emmett's cell phone went off as we headed down the stairs, blasting Barbie Girl.

He reached the bottom of the stairs and began to dance around to the beat of his ringtone.

I just shook my head at him, looking around to make sure no one was witnessing this.

There were people staring at him like he was insane as they unloaded luggage from their cars.

"What could you possibly need?" he asked, snatching his phone out of his back pocket.

"I promise he's alive," Emmett said, flashing me a smile.

Of course it would be Parker.

I swiped Emmett's fine, walking past him towards the car. "I swear to God."

"I wasn't calling to talk to you," Parker informed me.

"I don't care who you were calling to talk to. I'm hanging up and I'll call you in the morning. Go to sleep or go to a party or go do whatever it is that you do on a Thursday night. We're all good here." And then I hung up Emmett's phone, handing it back to him as we reached his car.

Well, Emily's car technically.

"He's going to be pissed," Emmett informed me, unlocking the car.

"Do I look like I give any fucks about what Parker thinks?"

Emmett just rolled his eyes, sliding into the driver's seat.

"Your ringtone is Barbie Girl?"

"Only for Parker."

Of course.

"So for the sixteen thousandth time, where the hell are we going?" I asked Emmett, as we backed out of the hotel parking space.

"There's a college campus not too far from here," Emmett informed me, typing something into his GPS. "And I happen to know of a party."

"Why does that not surprise me?"