The Invisible Best Friends

By Blackrose2027

Meet Alyssa Bent, she's a nerd. But not your typical one. She likes to read, but her world doesn't totally re... More

The Invisible Best Friends
Chapter 1 : Gradient High
Chapter 2 : Best Friend Introduction
Chapter 3: One Step Ahead Of You
Chapter 4 : A New Friend
Chapter 5 : Beggining Of A War
Chapter 6 : Just Not My Day
Chapter 7 : Something's Wrong
Chapter 8 : Revelation
Chapter 9: Spinning Around
Chapter 10 : Oops?
Chapter 11 : Chasing Around
Chapter 12 : The World Of The Citrus
Chapter 13 : Breaking A Layer
Chapter 14 : Persuasion in Vain
Chapter 15: The Day It Rains Hamburgers
Chapter 16: Might As Well Get Hit By A Frying Pan
Chapter 17: Confusing Confusion
Aaron's POV
Question/Answers
Chapter 18 : I Am Really Bad At Farting Comebacks
Chapter 19: So That's How I Got Into The Competition
Chapter 20: Shut Up, Banana Girl!
Chapter 21: Maybe It Was Over For Me
Chapter 22: Nothing At All
Chapter 23: Back On Track
Chapter 24: Oxygen Hydrogen Carbon Radium Phosphorous
A/N
Chapter 25: It was Showtime
Aaron's POV (Part One)
Aaron's POV (Part two)
Chapter 26: Memories
Thank You <3
Chapter 27: Lets Turn Ali Into A Tomato Day
Chapter 28: Sugar Rush
Character Competition *CLOSED*
Results for the Character Competition
Chapter 29: Bring It On, Montez
Chapter 30: Mission: Tomato Love
Chapter 31: Pooping the Way
Chapter 32: Fluster Day
Question us!
Chapter 34: Cuddle Session
Chapter 35: Surprises All The Way
Chapter 36: Dating Vibes
Alyssa in the House
Candy's POV
Chapter 37: Shock Like A Thunderbolt
Chapter 38: Fight Song
Chapter 39: Dreams
Epilogue
Your chance to interview Aaron and Alyssa
My Rant: Why the epilogue hasnt been uploaded.
SEQUEL OR NO SEQUEL
British Banana (One Shots)
Sneak Peek into the NEW BOOK
⭐️EXCITING NEWS FOR TIBF⭐️

Chapter 33: Meeting New People

148K 6.3K 2.1K
By Blackrose2027

THANK YOU FOR THE CURRENT COVER @joslays. I FRIGGIN' LOVE IT❤️❤️ (The new cover of TIBF )

Author: Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening my dear readers. So I present to you my characters....

Ali: Hi! Thank you for your questions. I'll try to answer them as honestly as possible

Aaron: *snorts*

Ali: *narrows eyes* You wanna say something?

Author: You can bicker later on. We're wasting our time. Let's start. So right now, I have around 10 questions for Alyssa, around 20 for Aaron, 6 for Sam, and 9 for Nate.

Aaron: *smirks* I have the maximum. They love me more than you.

Ali: *rolls eyes* I can't have more because the whole story is in my POV. So they already know me well.

Sam: *wide eyes* I have questions too?

Nate: obviously, they're not going to leave the pretty girl out.

Ali: *cough cough*

Nate: I- uh me- LETS GET STARTED.

Author: Why did I create such weirdos? *sigh*

Anyways, instead of just creating an 'Answers' part I decided that one character will answer the given questions along with the chapters.

Author: I'll start with....

Ali: *smirks* it's going to be me.

Aaron: *snorts* Yeah, how about NO?

Author: Me *gives a flat look*

Ali: Wha-? That's not fair. I hate you.

Author: *narrows eyes* Aaron? You get to stay with me while I answer.

Aaron: I love you. So for that, I give you back your nickname, Cupcake. *winks*

Author: *snorts* Lets just start. Sam, Nate, Ali, I'll see you in the next chapter.

Ali: *grumbles*

Author: so let's start with me.

Q1 Cats or Dogs?
--- DOGS ALL THE WAY!!!!!! (No offence to cat lovers but they just kind of scare me *shudder*)

Q2 Chips/ Cookies or Cupcakes?
--- Uh.... Can't I have them all? Hehe?

Aaron: *snorts* Fatty

Author: Say it again and I'll end you.

Aaron : hehe? NEXT.

Q3 If you could pick a character in the Invisible Best Friends, who would you be?
--- *smirks* I'd like to replace Aaron (even though I'm a girl but if I was a boy) because he doesn't have the guts to ask people out and if I was in his place, I would be planning my wedding right now.

Aaron: *turns red* Shut up.

Q4 Which character in the book are you most like?
---- I'm a bit Nerdy but can't sing to save my life. I love my friends but..... I have no idea who I'm like. O.O

Q5 which is your favourite Divergent character and which faction would you like to be in?
--- I love that Tris because I like strong female characters. Though I do hate a few things in her personality which annoyed me to no end. I'll not start or else I won't stop. And as for the faction I'd choose, DAUNTLESS ALL THE WAY!! I am adventurous and love being in action (Dirty minded people may leave because I didn't mean it in your way)

Q5 what made you write this spectabulous book?
--- to be honest, I don't think of ideas at all. One day I'm like 'Oh that's a nice BFF locket' and the next day, I'm plotting the base of a story. Yeah, I'm weird like that.

Aaron: You're a weirdo. Who even does that?

Author: That weirdo created you so I question her sanity everyday too.

Aaron: HEY!

Author: *rolls her eyes*

Q6 which genre do you like to read and write in?
---Read- Well, I like to read almost everything but I love cheesy Teen Fiction and Humour stories. I like werewolf stories too. Vampire-not so much. I like fantasies to a certain extent. (Until they become too complicated to understand). I like action and mystery too. (Unless mystery starts to annoy me by being too complex. Because it usually leaves me wondering like 'Bro wut?')

Write- I love to write anything and everything. I have two books of Teen Fiction and two of Mystery/ Thriller/ Action. I even wrote a fantasy book which I rather not talk about.

Q7 What kind of music do you like ?
---- Well, it's kind of hard to choose since I'm poor at separating different genres. I can just say that I'm not into metallic and electric. I don't even know *groan*

Q8 Do you have a guy Best Friend? what was the inspiration for this story?
--- a guy Best Friend? I wish *sigh*. I really hope I make one guy best friend because, well I just want one.
--- honestly, I love the concept of best friends. The whole thing is just too cute. I have best friends too so...I don't know (I'm useless at explaining these things)

Q10 How do you come up with these funny incidents?
--- I don't know. It's just like one moment I'm writing a normal chapter and the next moment, I think 'what if this happens?' And then I just have to merge the funny thing into the scene I write.

Q11What's the funniest thing you've come across?
--- The farts of my best friend? *awkward cough* Oh my god she's so going to kill me if she reads this. I'm going to make sure she doesn't otherwise "Good bye the beautiful people of the Earth, this story won't complete."

Aaron : *Rolls on the floor laughing* I'm so going to tell her.

Author: Oh, really? *gives a sweet smile*

Aaron: Yup. And I'll record your reaction too.

Author: Okay. Sure. And I'll just make Ali fall for Nick. (Yet to be introduced)

Aaron: *immediately stops* You won't.

Author: go ahead and read the chapter. *smirks*

That's it for today, kindly enjoy the chapter ahead.
(I might've accidentally missed a few questions so you can tell me if I forgot to answer your question and I'll try and remember to put it in the next chapter which will be answering Aaron's questions)
---------------------------------------

One million memories
One thousand inside jokes
One hundred secrets shared
One reason: Best Friends

Chapter 33: Meeting New People

"Please tell me you're kidding," I groaned and sat on the doorstep of Candy's house while the idiot himself ran back and forth from his car to where I was sitting.

If you're wondering why, don't waste your thoughts.

I'll tell you. The numbskull lost the key to his house. Seems like nothing, right?

Well, the situation is nothing but Mr. I-have-to-complicate-everything can't just go ring the bell of his own house.

Apparently Agent Tom and Daddy Bear and let his friends in before they went out for dinner and now Candy here is too ashamed to call his parents to ask where the spare key is kept. Neither does he want to ring the bell.

Stupid ego of his.

"You know, I can ring the doorbell and I'll keep it open for you to enter after a while or I could just call one of your parents," I suggested.

"No. That will give my parents and friends a reason to make me the centre of jokes as if mom and dad don't have enough reasons to mock me as it is," he pouted, adorably.

"Aww. Is Candy embarrassed?" I coped, getting up to pinch his cheeks.

Faint red spots splattered on his cheeks before his eyes lightened up.

"Don't you have the spare key to my house?"

"Well, I would've had it if you'd let me stop at my house on the way," I said rolling my eyes at him.

He grumbled in response as his eyes trailed upwards towards the sky. After a moment, he looked at me, mischievously.

The sparkle in his eyes almost scared me.

"No, no, no, no. I'm not about to do what you're thinking of making me do." I backed away, shaking my head.

He just smirked. "You so are."

"Na-uh."

"You won't do it for your bestest friend ever?"

"Bestest isn't even a word and no. You're crazy ideas always land me in trouble or in pain."

"That was ONE time!"

"I broke my arm! I think one time was enough!" I huffed, annoyed.

"Aw come on!"

"No," I replied, crossing my arms across my chest.

He immediately grabbed my hands, untangling them from my chest and pulled me a bit closer. "Please?"

"No."

He took a step closer to me. He pecked my forehead. "Please?"

My stomach started its own tickling fest inside. "No." I have no idea how I managed to say that with a straight face.

"Please?" He pecked my nose this time.

I was about to deny but he didn't wait for my answer. It was almost as if he knew that my answer was again going to be negative.

This time the tickling fest introduced new species of butterflies.

He pecked my cheeks and my eyes widened. I was almost feeling woozy. My legs were almost on the verge of collapsing. My heart was hammering inside, as if it would break through my rib cage any moment.

If you don't step away right now, you're going to loose it. My brain was right.

"O-Okay. I'll do it," I said stepping out of proximity and retracting my hands.

Some unknown emotion flashed through his eyes before he shook his head and his smirk was back in its place.

"If that's what it's going to take to convince you of something, look forward to more of it!"

My face turned red as I glared at a laughing Candy. "Are you going to tell me your plan or not?"

So that's how I found myself climbing a tree, five minutes later. "This is your brilliant plan?" I yelled at Candy who was following me.

"Why couldn't you just climb up and then open the door for me like a gentleman?"

"Now where would be the fun in that? Plus I wouldn't have had a chance to convince you."

Blood came rushing back to my cheeks. Ugh! I hate him.

No you don't. And if I might recall, it's quite the opposite. My brain needs to shut up.

I managed to push myself up in a branch that was near Aaron's room.

I already had a few scratches here and there but they weren't bad.

"Okay. I'm going to try and jump but If I get hurt, I'll be beheading you. Got it?"

I didn't hear anything so I considered it a silent yes. I carefully climbed onto the branch and balanced myself. "Are you coming?" I asked but got no response.

I didn't have it in my to look back because I really didn't want to see how far I was from the ground. I wasn't afraid of heights but I was afraid of falling off the branch that almost seemed to squeak.

I adjusted my bag on my shoulder and braced myself for the jump. I folded my legs to give a boost and jumped through the window, landing inside his room.

I faintly heard a 'rip' as if jumped. I looked to see my favourite leggings torn, halfway across my knee and thigh.

Laughter distracted me and I looked up to see six pairs of eyes looking at me in humour.

Everyone in the room was laughing at me and I turned Crimson.

I clenched Aaron's jersey in my hand as if that would drain out my embarrassment.

I looked behind me to see where Candy was but he was nowhere in sight. The door of his room opened to reveal Candy himself, laughing at me.

The moment I spotted his key in his hand, anger swallowed me. He did it deliberately.

I clenched my jaw and got up, dusting of the creases in the jersey.

"Please excuse me." I said as politely as I could and went towards the washroom.

I was livid.

He thought it was funny to embarrass me? Well, let's see what I have in store for him.

He made me tear my favourite leggings. And that was not okay.

I locked the door and examined myself in the mirror. My hair had small leaves stuck in them and it resembled a nest.

I quickly hopped into the shower and took a ten minutes to clean myself before changing into my 'new' clothes.

It's a good thing that I brought my bag with me. He didn't want me to wear shorts, right?

Well, he shouldn't have embarrassed me.

I dug in my bag and grabbed my white shirt and my denim shorts. I pulled them on and examined myself.

I looked decently good.

I quickly dried my hair straight which took about five minutes and I put on mascara and a red-tinted lip balm.

Once I was done, I exited the washroom, to find no one there. So he had planned this.

The thought made me angrier.

I walked out of the room and I could very distinctly hear the chatter from down below. I put on my neutral face and descended the staircase.

Everyone was seating in the living room with a few snacks here and there. I noticed that Candy was yet to come so I went ahead to introduce myself before he decided to humiliate me further.

All of the chatter died down as I walked into their line of sight.

There were four guys and one girl. I thought I saw two girls?

There was a blond guy who had his fingers entwined with a raven haired beauty. On the next couch were two guys, almost identical with ginger hair and slightly tan skin. The only difference was that one had blue eyes and the other one had hazel.

And the last one was a brown-haired one and was really hot. He had green eyes that seemed to change colour in the light.

All of them were staring and I stared back. It was awkward to say the least.

I decided to speak since they clearly weren't going to do that. "Hi. I'm Alyssa, you can call me Aly," I said giving them a polite smile.

"I'm sorry for earlier, clearly I was tricked into doing that," I said and all of them kept gawking.

I saw one pair of eyes concentrated on my legs as the awkward silence prevailed.

No one stepped in to say anything.

Getting annoyed after five minutes, I snapped. "I think this means that you need to introduce yourself. And hey! My eyes are up here," I said glaring at the one you was still mapping my legs.

This seemed to make everyone snap of of the silence and speak.

"Hi, I'm Jon," the blond one spoke up. He had light freckles spread across his cheeks.

"Hi! I'm Sumana but you can call me Anna," the girl beside Jon said, offering a smile.

I smiled back.

"I'm Rico and this is Richard," the blue eyed twin spoke and I gave them a wave.

"Lastly, and the most handsome guy here, I'm Nick," Nick introduced, offering me his hand and a cute dimpled smile.

I took his hand, returning his smile. His hand was warm and swallowed mine. He let go after a moment.

"Come sit," he offered and patted beside him.

I was about to when a familiar face entered through the kitchen, with popcorn in her hand.

I immediately smiled. "Livii?"

Her head snapped up as she gave me a huge grin. "Alyssa!"

I went towards her and helped her with the popcorn. Once I set it on the table, she tackled me into a hug. She literally squealed as she squeezed me.

"If you knew Aaron, why did you talk to me like you didn't?" I asked her.

"Well, I don't know him. My boyfriend does," she said pointing towards one of the twins. I'm guessing Rico.

"Oh"

"What was the squeal abou-oh!" Candy entered the living room with a couple of sodas in his hands.

I clenched my jaw as I saw him examining me up and down. I was still angry at him.

"Muffin, please come aside for a second, I need to talk to you."

"My name is Alyssa."

"Ooooohh," The twins provided.

I snapped my glaring eyes towards them, making them shut up.

"Okay Ali. Come in the kitchen for a minute," he said and before I could respond, he turned and went there.

Gritting my teeth, I followed him.

The moment I entered the kitchen, he turned to me. "What are you wearing?"

"Clothes"

"I meant where are your leggings?"

I glared at him hard so much so that he nearly flinched. "Listen Aaron, if you hadn't tried to embarrass me, then I might've not torn my leggings and my legs would've been covered."

"But-"

"No buts. After this, you're gonna get a silent treatment from me. And as for the shorts, they aren't gonna be replaced any time soon," I replied and turned around and left the kitchen before he could utter another word.

There were only two seats empty. One beside Nick and one on a singular sofa. I decided to sit beside the cute green-eyed boy.

Why not make a hot new friend?

"Hey," Nick smiled as I sat beside him, keeping a decent amount of space between us.

"Hi," I smiled back.

"So mind telling me why Aaron looks like he wants to chop my balls off?" He asked glancing behind me.

I turned to see a grumpy looking Aaron glaring daggers at Nick.

I rolled my eyes. "He's just mad because I'm mad at him. Ignore him."

Nick chuckled. He had a cute chuckle.

"Anyways, what do I get to call you?"

I looked at him confused. "What do you mean? You can call me Ali."

He pouted. "Now how's that fun?"

I chuckled at his expression. "So what do you want to call me?"

"Something unique."

"Yeah? Humour me."

"How about sweets?" He asked.

I made a face. "Too sugary."

He laughed. "Alright, how about Cake?"

"Too occasion-like?"

"Chocolate? Lollipop? Muffin?"

I heard a grumble from behind on the word 'Muffin'. I would've laughed at Candy's expression if I wasn't mad at him.

"This is so tough," Nick groaned and I laughed.

"Okay. How about you think of all the cute names you can call me with and we'll exchange it at school?"

He grinned at my idea. "Cool."

"But I get to call you something in return too."

He flashed me his dazzling smile, showing his dimple.

Maybe making new friends wasn't going to be such a bad thing.

*****

Hey people!!

Okay first of all, THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE BOOK. I have NO idea how you guys thought that this book had finished.
Anyways....
I need a name for all you guys. I don't like calling you my 'fans' because to me it kind of sounds conceited (because I don't even know if you're a fan or not)

Second of all, thank you for all your love but after this, I might not be able to update frequently. I know but guys my senior year is weighing me down.

And since I have a lot to focus on along with the studies, I barely have time to write. And I was catching up on my reading too since I abandoned it.

Qotd: How old are you guys?
Me: I'm 17!

Anyways, thanks for your support on TCBB too. Love you all!

Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.2K 32
Football / Soccer COMPLETED AND BEING EDITED This is how it all started: "I dare you Skye Chance to join the boys Soccer team in disguise as a boy...
249K 8.5K 30
Rosie isn't your typical girly girl. She's just one of the guys. Her bestfriend, Cameron has been her friend since kindergarten. They do everything t...
774 77 24
It keeps twisting and turning for Sarah school life, especially when it comes to school crushes, parties, and a school play! That was only the beginn...
312K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...