Aflame - (Heated's Sequel)...

De ForrestIvy

"How can I see tomorrow, if you're not there?..." They've gone through so much in such a short time of knowin... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
EXCITING NEWS!!!

Chapter 15

3K 117 19
De ForrestIvy

"Never confuse a single defeat, with a final defeat."

- F.Scot Fitzgerald

Aflame - Chapter 15

I honestly enjoyed every second spent just talking with Gemma. She's an easy person to get along with and I even found out that we've got some of the same interests; she loves reading and plays as well.

Which definitely is a plus on my list.

"You look like someone who has lots on her mind."

Gemma pushes me out of my thoughts as she gives me a small smile before shoving the last bit of the cupcake into her mouth.

"Uh, yeah. I do, actually."

"Is it about the whole Harry situation? Trust me, I know that it must be so hard and I really admire how well you are taking it."

She speaks up and I furrow my brow at her in confusion to what she had just said.

Harry situation? What Harry situation?

"Taking what?"

Her green eyes then falls onto me as they widen and I narrow mine her way as she gulps down before starting to speak again.

"He didn't tell you?" She looks at me in disbelief as I was even more confused now than ever. "I would have hoped that he'd tell you by now, I told him that he needs to speak to you before..."

"Before what?"

I question her with curiosity and skepticism as I didn't know what she was talking about or what to expect.

"You should probably talk to Harry about this - no, you need to talk to Harry about this." She exaggerates on the word 'need' as she drags it out and I start to become a little worried. "If I were you, I would want to know."

I didn't know how to take this all; what is it that Harry is holding back?

I mean, he did want to tell me something back when we were at the camping trip, but that never happened.

What's he hiding from me?

Just then, my phone goes off and I take it out of my bag to see that it's Becky calling me.

That's strange.

She almost always text me, this should probably be something serious for her to be calling me like this.

"I'm sorry, I need to take this."

I look over at Gemma as I stand up.

"It's cool."

She smiles, but I could still see the worry in her eyes.

I quickly make my way to a secluded area as I answer the phone.

"Becky? What's wrong?"

"Oh, thank God, you picked up."

"Why? What's going on?"

Her voice sounds a bit panicked which made me worried as well as I wait on her to reply.

"Well, I bumped into Harry today..."

She trails off as she exhales and I wait for her to continue on.

"And?"

I encourage as I didn't understand the panic.

"Well, I kinda sorta told him about the incident that happened yesterday?"

"You did?"

"And about the guy that saved you."

"Becky!"

I cover my face with my hand at the words that Becky had just slipped out to Harry.

"I know, I know! I'm so sorry, I thought that he already knew about it, so I just-"

"It's alright."

"It is?"

Her voice sounds as though she is in disbelief and also slightly relieved.

"Yeah. I'm going to have to talk to him anyway, so you don't have to stress over it."

"Ah, you're the best, Paige." I could almost hear her smile, but the thoughts of what Harry is keeping from me kept on frolicking through my mind. "Oh, and one small thing before I go... Harry might be a tad upset, don't say I didn't warn you. Bye!"

"Beck-"

Ugh!

I grumble in frustration to Becky hanging up on me just like that.

This is exactly what I've been trying to avoid - Harry being worried and upset about it all. But it was going to come out sooner or later, maybe this is the right time to just lay everything out on the table and tell each other everything. I don't like this whole 'secretive' side. We're in a relationship and we should be able to talk to one another without being afraid of how the other would react - well, of course the situation has to be let out and approached with consideration towards the other persons' feelings as well, but this whole mystery is driving me insane.

My phone goes off one last time and I see that it's a text from Harry.

[Harry<3:

I need to speak to you. I'll meet up with you at the park. Be there at 8pm. - H. ]

His words were short cut and he seemed a bit upset, something I expected. But I was definitely going to meet up with him. This whole thing needs to be sorted out before arguments of any sort starts up.

[Me:

I need to speak to you too. I'll see you then.]

Send.

Well, here goes nothing... Or everything.

Harry's P.O.V.

I was already waiting for her in the park. Sitting at a bench as the night took over and the sky grew darker. It wasn't as cold, but I still brought a charcoal gray hoody for just in case.

I rub my hands together as my elbows were lied on my knees and I thought on what I'm going to say when I see her.

But that quickly went away as soon as I heard footsteps coming towards me and there I saw the beauty that I call 'mine'; graciously making her way closer and closer as her chestnut hair sways into the wind.

The smile that suddenly made its' way onto my lips just wouldn't go away as I stood to my feet and she finally made her way in front of me.

She looked nervous for some reason as she had her maroon sweater almost covering her hands as she fidgeted with them, but that didn't hide the sweet, familiar smile that appeared onto her full lips.

"Hi."

I greet her as she looks up at me through her lashes and the twinkle in her brown eyes are evident and leaves me breathless.

"Hi."

She replies, but I could feel that there was something unsaid on both sides of the spectrum. She seemed uneasy and me? Well, I was just confused.

"Sit, we need to talk." We both sit down onto the bench as I face towards her and she tilts her body towards me as well as our legs were touching. "What happened yesterday?"

I was curious, but I couldn't be mad. I thought that I would be just as upset as I was this afternoon, but seeing her here, in front of me, just brought me to a calming somehow.

She looked down at her hands as I watch how her hair drapes her face before she tucks them behind her ear.

"I was attacked."

"You were attacked?! Why didn't you tell me anything?"

I was baffled at why she would keep this from me.

"Because I knew you would react this way."

She then looks me in the eye as I see an emotion I wasn't yet able to read.

"Of course, how else would I react to hearing that the person I love has been attacked by some lunatic and could have been killed for all I know!"

I was upset and my voice raised more than I would have liked it to. But the thought of losing her is just one of my greatest fears, especially since she plays such an important role in my life.

"I know! And I should have told you about it-" She stopped herself as she lets out a breath. "I just didn't want you to worry about me."

"Paige," I hold onto her hand as she looks me in the eyes. "I care about you, of course I'm going to be worried. But I don't want you to keep things like this from me. I want to protect you and I would feel like the one to blame if anything ever does happen to you..." Her eyes softens at my words as I rub my thumb over her soft skin. "I don't want to lose you again." A small smile slowly makes its' way onto her pink lips. "So, please, let me know about these things so that I can take care of the prick."

I say the last words in the same tone as my previous words.

"By 'take care' do you mean 'beat up real badly'?"

"I mean, I've taken care of the last guy that touched you, didn't I?"

This time her smile grows as she laughs a little and the spark in her eyes grows even brighter.

"Harry, you can't just go around killing everyone."

"If they mess with you then the chances are pretty likely."

I say jokingly, but also a hint of serious in it as well.

She shook her head at me as her giggles made my heart beat with so much happiness as I just stared at her for a while.

How could I ever give up this beautiful soul?

I then notice how her giggles die down before a frown overtakes her face and that makes me question what her mind is wondering on as she looks down onto our hands.

"What's wrong?"

I question her as she slowly sets her gaze onto me.

"What did you want to tell me that night at the camping trip?"

Her eyes looks for answers inside of mine and I knew that I couldn't run away from this any longer, I have to face up to it now. For not only my sake, but hers as well.

She deserves to know this.

I let out a breath before thinking it through so that it comes out in an understandable way... But the likelihood of that is at a 50/50 rate right now.

"My Dad laid out a will before he died; and it stated that I should be the one who takes over his company as soon as I am complete with my studies."

"Okay..."

She watched me intensely and listened closely to every word that came out of my mouth.

I gulp at the words that are about to finally be set free as I look her deeply into her questioning gaze.

"His company is 300 miles away... Which means that-"

"You're moving?"

She completes my sentence as I hear the confusion in her voice and also hurt as her eyes became sad.

"Yes... In two weeks."

"Two weeks?! And you kept this from me for so long?"

She was upset and it showed. I knew that this was going to happen, it was just a matter of time.

"I was going to tell you, but I didn't want to hurt you. So, I asked your Mom to help me look for a place and she-"

"Wait, my Mom?"

She asks in disbelief as she looks at me in confusion before realization forms onto her features.

"My Mom knew about you moving and she didn't even tell me?!"

"She was trying to help me-"

"By keeping this from me? I can't believe you two!" She gets up as she starts to pace before me, her hand on her forehead as she was trying to contain her anger towards me. I felt so guilty and I knew I should have told her sooner, I just... I just didn't know how. "And all this time I was thinking that my Mom was trying to let us move away, little did I know that you two were actually planning this whole thing behind my back!" This time she was starting to cry and I quickly got up as soon as I saw this. It broke my heart to see her this way, especially knowing that this is all my fault. "How could you not tell me?!"

"Paige-"

I try to hold her close to me, but she pulled her hand out of mine and stepped away from me.

"No! Don't touch me, Harry."

"You're upset and you have every right to be, but I'm so sorry for all of this. For everything." I run my hands through my hair as I start to hate myself for doing this to her. "I should have been honest with you about it from the get-go, but I was so scared."

She was quiet as she had her arms crossed over her chest as she listened to me.

"How could you ask me to promise to never leave you... Yet, you're the one leaving me ?"

Her voice is so soft now that it is almost inaudible.

Her words broke my heart into tiny pieces with the way she looked at me like all hope is lost and her voice ... It killed me.

"I'm not leaving you..." I step closer as she steps back, but I pull her close anyway. "Paige. I'm not letting you go, okay?" This time my voice was more clear as she looks up at me and I caress the side of her face where the tear has fallen. "I'm always going to be right here with you," I look down to her chest where the necklace that I have given her was still around her neck. The sight made me smile. "As long as you wear this, know that I am always right here... Lied on your heart."

I whisper as her eyes soften and I hold her waist as she has her tiny hands on my chest. I lean down to her as our foreheads touch and she has her arms around my shoulders.

"Don't go... Stay here."

The vulnerability in her voice makes me want to give everything up just so that I can spend every second of the day with her.

"You have no idea how much I wish I could."

I pull her closer as she lies her head onto my chest and I kiss her hair.

Her arms wrap around me as we stay that way for a while.

"I already miss you."

I smile at her words that touches my heart.

"I already miss you too, my little dove."

She then looks up at me with a smile as it warms my heart to see it again.

She stands on her toes as she reaches up to kiss me, I lean down a little as she places her soft lips onto mine and that undeniable pull still lives within me whenever her lips meets mine.

She quickly pulls away from me as I look at her in confusion to her sudden action. She looks up as I see the drop of rain fall onto her face. I look up as I notice the little drops falling down from the sky, only this time, it was much more than before as a streek of lightening awakens the quiet night and makes us jump at the sound. Paige squeals at the stinging roar.

"C'mon! Let's go!"

I quickly take off my hoodie and put it over the two of us as shI hold her close and we run to where my car is.

"Paige."

Just as she was about to get into the car, she then turns around to face me, wanting to speak, but before she could, I take her face into my hands and kissed her hard, one last time. The rain falling onto us couldn't stop this feeling inside of me.

She makes me crazy for her and I'm still trying to figure out how she has this power.

I finally let go of her as her eyes were still closed. I smile at the sight before they flutter open and I wipe the wet hair off from her face.

"What was that for?"

She questions me.

"Don't all girls want to be kissed in the rain?"

"Honestly, I didn't get the fuss over it... But now, I do."

She smiles shyly up at me, but the rain conceals her rosy cheeks.

"Maybe we can get wet some other way - some other time."

"Harry!"

She scolds out at me as I couldn't hide the smirk growing on my face. Sometimes I just say these things for effect, even though I really do mean it.

Another flash of lightening makes its' way through the sky and she squeals again before getting into the car.

"Get in, Harry! Before we both die!"

I laugh at her over-exaggeration, but I get into the car anyway.

Man, I love this girl.

(A/N: Okay, so this scene wasn't supposed to be as long as it is, but the update sorta took a while so I thought why not? ;)

What did you guys think of it so far? Do you think that the distance will be good for the two or will it cause a separation?

Find out in the next chapters of Aflame hehehhe!!

Ignore me, but please don't ignore that vote and please comment! Thank you all so so much for all that you do! Xx)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

26.7M 580K 91
Resolution is the story of when a chemical, strictly-physical relationship evolves into something so heart-wrenchingly real that Harry and Halle's wo...
1.3M 58.9K 105
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
222K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
Lost De Mimoza26

Fanfiction

262K 6.9K 70
Back in London, Angeleyna Lyall tries to become a professional author, but when she literally stumbles into tattooed badass Harry Styles, everything...