Marrying Mr. Shaw [EDITING!]

By HerLostSoul

Lucy Baker thought marrying Mr. Shaw would only occur in her dreams. However, when one day, Mr. Shaw asks Luc... More

Very Important Message!
ONE
2 ♥
3 ♥
4 ♥
5 ♥
6 ♥
7 ♥
8 ♥
9 - I forgive you
10 - Evil witch
11 - It all makes sense
12 - His love
13 - His confession
14 - His announcement
15 - Blood
16 - Meet my family
18 - Strength
19 - Graduation
20 - Rebels
21 - Flight
22 - Silence
23 - The Shaw's
24 - Behind green eyes
25 - Chris's treat
AUTHORS NOTE
26 - The trouble begins
27 - Engagement party
28 - Spongebob
29 - Dress search
30 - Cletus
31 - Comfort
32 - Marriage
33 - Broken soul
Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE
Playlist
Sequel
NEW SEQUEL IDEA??
Sequel out

17 - Love birds

7.9K 168 10
By HerLostSoul

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Seventeen - Love birds.

Song of the chapter = Michael Jackson - Butterflies.

'Doubt thou the stars are fire;  Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love' 

                      -  William Shakespeare.

"This will be good." Josh spoke, grinning. I smiled shyly trying very hard not to show any sign of me being nervous but of course Josh noted and had to make a comment on that.

Chris squeezed my hand. I looked up at him, smiling as he returned the smile.

We both informed mum and Josh that we had something very important to tell them. Josh was excited and flopped himself on the sofa with my worried mother.

"Just tell me if it's good news or bad," She said.

"It's good news, Katherine." Chris replied, his voice as gentle as it could be.

I began fiddling with my sapphire necklace, biting my lower lip.

Here I was standing like a idiot, facing my brother and mother, about to confess that I am happily engaged at the age of 18. Oh joy.

Will they accept it? I mean, they already like Chris no doubts about that but what if because of my ageing they don't accept it? I mean, both of them are very protective of me.

What will their reactions be? Will they be happy? Will they question me why I'm deciding to get married to a man I've only known for nearly two months? What excuse has Chris made? He can't tell them this is for Laila because he wanted to keep that as a secret, avoiding the paparazzi's to discover. So, what would Chris say?

"Stop fidgeting, Lucy." Chris whispered, his lips touching my loose hair. I shuddered but blocked the electric sensation out of my head for once.

I chuckled uncomfortably to avoid the awkward moment. Chris rolled his eyes, digging his hands into his trouser pockets. He opened his mouth before I could.

"Well you see-"

"Would you like some coffee, mother?" I interrupted Chris. I produced my best grin to my mother but she only raised her eyebrows.

"Continue Chris." She spoke, causing me to groan and Josh to laugh.

Chris looked at me, smiling sweetly.

"Well you see, me and your daughter," he begun, causing me scratch the side of my neck. "Wish to get married. In fact we are already en-"

"YOU TWO WANT TO GET MARRIED?" My mother shouted, standing up in a flash before I could even blink.

I swear either my mum increased the heating in this room high or I'm just sweating because of this confession.

My mother pulled an emotionless face which I hated. I wanted to know what she felt about this. After she shouted, I wasn't so sure she was going to be a fan of Chris anymore.

"Yes, mother and we're already engaged." I said, holding up my finger, illustrating my beautiful engagement ring.

Before my mum could even speak, I turned to Josh and smiled hopefully at him. He grinned at me, clearly not mad that I got engaged behind their backs. He approached me and opened his arms for me to hug him.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around my brother's waist as he rests his chin on my head.

"You sure about this, little sis?" He asked.

"Yes." I mumbled.

I pulled away and turned back to my mother who was staring at Chris with a blank expression. I could tell the room eventually built up with tension and I had to wipe my forehead with the back of my hand quickly to avoid sweat dripping as that is highly unattractive. I mean come on! My fiancé is present in this room!

I felt Chris getting nervous and feeling awkward as ever as my mother continued to stare at him. Seriously!

"Katherine, I am in love with your daughter and I would do anything for her. I'm sorry for my behalf about respect. I know I should've informed you that I would propose to your daughter but in my family, as soon as we meet our soul-mates, we tend to get married to them instead of dating for a year or so." Chris said, confidently.

His calm voice caused me to flutter away like a butterfly. I swear my heart melted and I would be surprised if no one could feel the burning desire in my body.

He called me his soul-mate. I smiled at that, staring at the ground.

I felt the scent of Chris's cologne, eventually realising that my waist was by now wrapped around his arms.

"I want to be with her for eternity. So will you except me and your daughter to live happily ever after?" He asked dramatically. 

Mum looked at me for 9 seconds with a blank expression but her eyes softened and she looked at Chris also now.

"Well," She breathed. I felt Chris's grip on my waist tighten slightly, illustrating his nervousness.

'Please please please' I thought to myself, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Okay." She said.

My eyes opened and I smiled brightly at her.

Chris sighed in relief and rested his forehead on mine. I caressed his cheeks as he kissed the tip of my nose, causing my cheeks to heat.

"Okay guys." Josh choked, expressing a gagging face. I rolled my eyes and placed my hand on Chris's chest as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"So can I have a look at the ring?" Mum said, eagerly.

I walked over to her and held up my hand. She held it and studied the ring, amazed. She lightly stroke the ring with her index finger.

"It's beautiful," she whispered, her breath hitting my wedding finger. I smiled, glancing at Chris. My breath got caught in my throat when he returned that elegant smile.

His smiles reached his eyes as the smile grew brighter, his smile lines were appearing ever so clearly with his dimples. It's the little details like this that makes his smile unique.

"So when is the marriage taking place?" Mum said, still holding my hand.

"After Lucy's graduation. In a month time." Chris replied.

"Wow," Josh said, blowing a whistle. "18 and married."

"I'm going to be 19 in a few months, Josh." I groaned. Mum squeezed my hand and gave me the 'calm-down-honey look.'

I exhaled.

"Mum, me and Chris are going to go out." I finally said and nearly laughed my pants off when I witnessed Chris's body relaxing. I knew he's been looking rather stiff through this confession. Though, I couldn't really blame him to be honest. My family were difficult.

Mum nodded and Josh made the most embarrassing comment.

"Use protection!"

"Josh don't be silly! I want little Lucy and Chris's in my house!" My mother added.

My cheeks heat up and before they could say anything more embarrassing, I grabbed Chris's hand and literally dragged him out of my house.

Chris expressed a laugh, opening his car door for me.

"Oh hush your lips!" I scold. "It's not that funny."

Chris started the car and pressed his lips tightly together, trying hard not to burst out in laughter but obviously failing.

"Oh Lord." He said, wiping his tear. "Y-your face!" He laughed again.

I frowned.

Clearly he finds my embarrassment amusing. My lips twitched to a small smile as I thought of something to say that'll make him stop laughing.

I glanced at him, his eyes still on the road, but laughing too.

"Oh I'm glad you like the idea of little Lucy's and Chris's." I teased.

Chris's body tensed and he eventually stopped laughing.

Now it was my turn to laugh.

"Very funny, Lucy."

"Your face!" I laughed, poking his cheek. He grumbled something but I couldn't hear it because of my laughter.

"Little Lucy's and Chris's wouldn't be too bad..." Chris said. I stopped laughing and felt my heart drop to my stomach.

"Are y-are you being serious?" I stuttered.

I always wanted kids and well, little Lucy's and Chris's was something I have been dreaming of so if Chris liked that idea...well, you know, I officially know positively that this love we have is for real.

"Yeah." He said nervously, running his fingers through his dark hair.

I smiled. The thought of Chris wanting to have children's with me got me lost in my thoughts, not realising that we reached to our destination.

Chris opened the car door for me and held my hand. We both entered his mansion.

"Come." He whispered. I nodded, following him upstairs to his bedroom.

He jumped on his king sized bed, throwing his shoes off and tapped the empty space next to him. I gulped, feeling butterflies and sweat erupt. I didn't know what the heck was going to happen but I knew I wasn't ready for this.

We have just had a little- actually tiny conversation about children's and now he's inviting me to his bed. My mother always said to be pure until you get married. That's what I wanted.

I lay on the comfy bed, next to him, my head resting on his arm. He pushed me a little closer to him so now my head was touching his chest and our stomach almost contacting.

"Lucy." He breathed, feeling his cool breath on my face. Our nose touched and I closed my eyes, enjoying this amazing sensation I was receiving from his love.

His lips touched mine and he sat up a little, his lips pressed onto mine. He kissed me like there's no tomorrow. I was lost for words. His lips were ever so cool and I could taste mint.

He twirled my hair and eventually pushed my head closer, causing the kiss to get more powerful. Fireworks and sparks were exploding everywhere in the blackness of my mind. This was all new for me. He was my first kiss and even though we kissed many times, it always felt like my first. I was always so speechless and weak with his kiss.

With his other hand, he pushed my back too so that my chest hit's his. A wave of tingles swam down my spine and I just couldn't get enough of the kiss as if I was getting addicted.

His lips were so smooth and soft.

Eventually we broke the kiss at the same time when we needed to breathe.

"Wow." He chuckled. Our eyes opened, gazing at each other.

I felt a little dizzy and sleepy which slightly bugged me.

"Are you taking any drugs or something? I feel heavy after that kiss." I said. Chris laughed.

"No, my little treasure." He said, kissing my chin, almost making contact with my lips. I shuddered. "That was the best kiss I have ever received in my life."

I blushed.

"Me too. Actually, you're kinda the first." I admitted.

Chris pulled me closer to him gently as I rested my head on his chest, enjoying the sound of his heart beating.

"Good. I loathe the thought of any other man being with you." He said, protectively. I smiled, liking this side of him too.

"Don't worry. I'll be sticking around with you for a really long time." I replied. Chris smiled crookedly.

We stayed there in silence, our eyes locked. He was playing with my hair, twirling them or stroking them. And me? I just rested my hand on the exact place where his heart is kept, and felt his heart beat like it was music to me.

"I was thinking of us having an engagement party." Chris broke in. I looked up at him, brightly.

"Engagement party?"

Chris nodded, kissing my forehead.

"Yes. My family want to meet you right? So I can introduce you to them at the party."

A party? That sounds highly exciting. I grinned.

"Alright." I agreed. The fact that Chris actually thought of holding an engagement party was just romantic enough.

Chris entwined our hands and stared at it deeply.

"My family lives in Australia."

I gasped.

AUSTRALIA?

"Australia?" I repeated very low that there was 99% chance he didn't hear me.

He chuckled.

Yep, he definitely heard me.

"Yes. We'll fly there after your graduation." He murmured, flashing his brilliant smile.

I nodded in agreement. Australia was one place I always wanted to visit. The thought of the fresh summer weather, the swish of the water in the magnificent yet relaxing beach.

Yeah, that sounded pretty perfect.

"Your family are Aussi's?" I asked, causing Chris to chuckle.

"Only my father's side. They live in this western side of Australia." He explained. "You know, almost like Texas but a little more Australia style."

I laughed.

"Australia style, huh?" I teased. He winked then pecked my lips before answering,

"Yes. But bare in mind that my family are huge so most of them probably wouldn't leave you alone."

I smiled at that. I always wanted a big family. The only family I only spent my life with was mum and Josh.

"I don't mind that. I guess, I like the idea of spending some time with your big family." I replied, honestly.

Chris tapped my nose with his index finger.

"Our family, treasure. Our family." He whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14M 369K 22
WARNING!!! MATURE content inside for 18 years old and above! If you're an INNOCENT or NOT AN OPEN-MINDED reader, please refrain from reading this sto...
389K 11K 22
Yasmin has always had this wild fantasy of being used by her extremely handsome boss, Myles Reins. It's no secret, Myles also has a thing for Yasmin...
245K 2.1K 8
2 years. It's been two years since Lilianna has been taken away from her life and forced into the Mafia world. She was forced to marry Oliver D'Amato...
871K 28.5K 64
Rachel Carter gets a job that pays her bills, got herself a dog and a expensive car. but she's growing an attraction for her boss who happens to be e...