Marrying Mr. Shaw [EDITING!]

Af HerLostSoul

Lucy Baker thought marrying Mr. Shaw would only occur in her dreams. However, when one day, Mr. Shaw asks Luc... Mere

Very Important Message!
ONE
2 ♥
3 ♥
4 ♥
5 ♥
6 ♥
7 ♥
8 ♥
9 - I forgive you
10 - Evil witch
11 - It all makes sense
12 - His love
13 - His confession
14 - His announcement
15 - Blood
17 - Love birds
18 - Strength
19 - Graduation
20 - Rebels
21 - Flight
22 - Silence
23 - The Shaw's
24 - Behind green eyes
25 - Chris's treat
AUTHORS NOTE
26 - The trouble begins
27 - Engagement party
28 - Spongebob
29 - Dress search
30 - Cletus
31 - Comfort
32 - Marriage
33 - Broken soul
Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE
Playlist
Sequel
NEW SEQUEL IDEA??
Sequel out

16 - Meet my family

7.4K 170 3
Af HerLostSoul

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Sixteen - Meet my family.

Song of the chapter - Metric - All Yours.

I inhaled and exhaled twice a minute due to the amount of stress flooding in the air. Chris was going to meet my family, I thought repeatedly. I didn't know whether to be happy, excited or nervous. Or scared. 

I was scared because Mrs. Wood's words kept playing up in my head and no matter how many times I tried to block her and her words today, It just wouldn't disappear out of my mind. 

'Clair Simpson is my best friend and I will do everything I can to help her fail this marriage'

'You will never marry Mr. Shaw'

Yep those words just couldn't leave my mind. 

After an hour of pacing everyone in my bedroom, thinking of ways I could avoid informing Chris about today's event, I realised I had to go groceries shopping that I promised my mum that I would go after school.

So of course I had to go shopping which I'm not a fan of. Don't get me wrong, shopping is okay but I just like to get my stuff then go. I don't really like shopping much. I guess I'm not that girlie girl after all. But eventually I was done and returned home safely. 

Sighing, I ran downstairs, witnessing Josh and mum arranging the dining table with fancy plates and glasses we never use for ourselves, only for guests. 

Mum was lecturing something to Josh about how he must behave in front of Mr. Shaw but then she stopped when her landed on me. 

"Lucy Veronica Baker!" my mother shrieked as she caught sight of my clothes. I sighed, I knew what she'd say.

"What on earth are you wearing?" She shouted, walking towards me.

"What's wrong with it?" I frowned, staring at the clothes I was wearing. 

I was wearing dark skinny jeans with dark sneakers and my grey hooded sweatshirt. Okay, maybe it wasn't the clothes you should wear when your fiancé comes to have dinner with you and your family.

I smiled at the thought of Chris being my fiancé. Yep, it definitely hasn't sunk in yet. 

"And that awful scarf that doesn't even match your clothes!" my mother continued, both her hands on her cheeks. 

Yes, I wrapped a yellow scarf around my neck to avoid people questioning me on how and why I got the scars on neck. Plus, the scarf was awfully comfortable, mind you.

"It's fashion mum." I said, rolling my eyes. 

Josh smirked at me with his arms folded. He obviously finds it funny that I look like a freak but to be honest, who could blame him?

I glared at him and opened my mouth to say a freaking five star sarcastic comment but the ring of the bell cut me off.

My stomach had all the zoo animals running around, my breathing decreased and my palms began to get sweaty. Great timing!

"Honey get the door would you?" my mum called from the kitchen, obviously referring to me. 

I sighed nervously, taking long walks to the door.

"If you don't want the guy why don't you just tell him." said Josh, causing me to turn around and give him my best death glare. 

Breathing in, I twisted the door knob. You can do this, Lucy! I thought to myself.

I gasped at the beautiful figure in front of me.

Chris was wearing blue, sharp-looking Armani suit with a black tie and black shirt; His black pants with his perfectly polished (as usual) shoes. 

His dark wavy hair was neatly placed except at the front which caused some wavy strands to fall on his forehead perfectly, causing the emerald liquid in his eyes to stand out even more. His lips pursed and then lifted onto a smile. I swear, the atmosphere brightened.

I blushed, staring at the bouquet of red roses he was holding. 

"Don't flatter yourself, its for your mother." He commented, entering my house.

I swear my jaw hit the ground and gave him a death glare. He chuckled at me, pinching my cheeks.

"Jerk." I whispered as I followed him, leading his way into my living room. 

Mum and Josh were already standing there and smiled brightly at Chris.

"Hello I am Katherine Baker, Lucy's mother of course!" My mother giggled, shaking Chris's hand. I rolled my eyes.

"Pleasure to meet you, Katherine. And let me say, aren't you a beauty?" Chris replied. Mum blushed as Chris kissed the back of my mother's hand. 

I wanted to hurl.

I wanted to puke.

I wanted to hide under a rock at that cringe scene.

Why did Chris have to such charmer?! By the time he leaves this place, my mum would probably beg for her to get married to Chris instead of me!

I slapped my palm on my mouth as I felt myself throwing up, thinking about Chris and my mother.

NO FREAKING WAY!

Chris handed the dashing bouquet of roses to my mother and of course, stupidly, I felt hurt that he bought it for my mum. 

Shut up, he's trying to impress your mother so she can except him getting married to you! A voice spoke in my head. I agreed. I was being stupid.

Chris turned to Josh and shook his hand too.

"Sup, I'm Josh. Lucy's brother." Josh said, casually looking bored as ever. 

"Pleasure to meet you Josh." Chris said, flashing his pearly white teeth. Josh smirked.

"You too sir, mind you, I wouldn't like you to kiss my hand like you did to my mother." Josh joked. 

WHY ARE MY FAMILY SO WEIRD?

Chris laughed at that, glancing at me as I covered my face with my hands.

I couldn't watch this.

Too embarrassing!

"Trust me Josh, I wouldn't like to kiss your hand either." Chris said causing Josh to laugh. 

"Right," I said, dragging the word right. "So can we bloody eat now?" I snapped. I didn't know what was going on with me. I guess I wanted Chris to fucking kiss me when he entered my damn house.

Josh nodded, following my mother into the kitchen as Chris just stood there with a smug smile.

"What?" I snapped.

"Someone's on her periods." Chris commented.

My face heat up at that which caused Chris to laugh.

"N-no! Just stuff."

"Why are you wearing that scarf? It's actually hot here." Chris said. I shrugged.

"Fashion." I replied casually.

Chris didn't look convinced and I stared down at the ground, trying to avoid his gaze. I felt guilty by hiding what happened today but Chris had enough to stress about and this was the last thing he would want. 

"Lucy." He breathed. I raised my hand to get to him to shut up.

"Let's eat." I said, using a fake enthusiasm as I skipped into the dining area. 

Chris sighed but shrugged it off and followed me.

***

"So Chris, I heard you're quite popular with the girls." Josh said with a mouthful. I smirked, watching Chris's reaction as he stared blankly at Josh, giving him the 'does my face look like I give a crap?'

"Um I haven't noticed but why?" Chris replied. I could tell by his face, he was trying to put interest on the conversation. That's what I liked about Chris, he was just too nice especially when he wants something that clever git.

Josh smirked this time.

"I just want to know your secrets. You know, how to attract females."

Everyone laughed at that.

"Josh you don't need to worry about that. You already attract people but males." I teased. 

Josh glared at me and I pointed my fork at his priceless face and burst our laughing. 

"Lucy." My mother warned using that warning tone. 

Chris chuckled after he took a bite of the chicken mum cooked.

"Interesting family you have here, Lucy." He commented. I smiled, looking down. 

"Oh by the way," Chris added, dropping his fork. "Have you showed the necklace I bought for you?"

I blushed.

"How sweet! You bought a necklace for my daughter!" My mother said with an awe. 

I smiled at her.

I was still wearing it. 

I was about to reveal the necklace but that would mean I would have to remove the scarf. 

Clever idiot! I thought.

"Nope. But i'll show it to her later." I said. Chris raised his eyebrows.

"You're wearing it now, aren't you?" 

"N-no!" I said, feeling my face heat up. Chris smirked then stood up. "W-what are you doing?" I stuttered. 

Chris stood behind me and with a whoosh, pulled the scarf out of my neck, revealing my bare neck. 

I shrieked and pushed my loose hair to cover my neck. 

Everyone in the room gasped. 

"Lucy why have you got marks on your neck?" My mum questioned. I gulped.

"I-I uh scratched myself in my sleep," I lied.

"Stop telling lies and tell us the truth!" Snapped Josh, his face showing no other than pure horror. 

I stood up. I couldn't take it anymore. They wouldn't understand anyway. So I just left everyone and stormed upstairs to my bedroom. 

But obviously I couldn't be alone as someone entered my room. 

I lay on my bed, facing the window to my left.

"Go away." I mumbled. 

"Lucy?" I heard Chris's voice breathe causing tingles down my spine in delight. 

I felt weight on my bed and before I knew it, I was pulled to him and ended up sitting on his lap, his arms wrapping my waist.

I liked this. I liked this position we were on very much.

I sighed, resting my head on his shoulder. Chris kissed the top of my head. 

He then began tracing the mark on my neck with his finger. He slightly pressed it which caused me to wince in pain. 

"Who did this?" He demanded.

"It doesn't matter." I mumbled. Chris's body stiffened.

"It damn right does to me!"

"Chris!"

"Lucy!"

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. I sat up from Chris and tried to escape his grasp but he was holding me very tight. 

"Tell. Me. Who. Did. This?" Chris repeated very slowly.

"Mrs. Wood." I blurted. Chris knitted his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Regina Wood, you know, Mrs. Simpson's best friend." I said. Chris's eyes widened.

"That bitch!" He shouted, letting go off me which caused my back to hit the bed so I just stayed there, laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

"You know her?" I asked casually.

"Yes. Her son, Blake visits Laila once in a blue moon to play with her." He said.

I smiled.

"She has a son?" I asked, not removing the grin off my face. The thought of a little boy and girl playing together was deeply adorable!

"Yes. He's 3 and I don't really like the idea of him playing with my daughter who's going to be 1 in a few weeks." Chris said. I rolled my eyes. 

"They are only kids, Chris."

"Still!" 

I laughed. Chris smiled, bending down to kiss my lips. I felt fireworks and sparks and I returned the kiss. 

We pulled away when Chris's lips stopped at my mark on my neck which caused me to groan in pain.

"Why did she do it?" He demanded once again, staring at me intensely.

"She doesn't want us to get married. She and Mrs. Simpson are planning to stop the wedding!" I said. 

Chris clenched his jaw, closing his eyes.

I placed my hand on his and gave it a squeeze. I crawled to him and sat on his lap. 

"We will get through this. We will get married and Laila will stay with you no matter what." I whispered. His body tensed then eventually relaxed. 

"Us," He whispered back, his lips slightly touching mine. "Laila will stay with us no matter what."

I smiled at him as he returned the smile. 

"Come on Chris, we have to tell mum and Josh that we're engaged." I said then laughed at Chris reaction as he groaned in frustration. 

"God this is going to be harder then I thought." He murmured.

I laughed, holding his hand as we both got off my bed.

We entwined our hands and he lifted my hand, staring at my engagement ring he gave me. 

"I love you." He whispered then softly planted a kiss on the back of my hand. 

(A/N): Sorry if this chapter wasn't interesting! Too many exams to prepare for so I'm highly busy but I am trying my best to update this story.

Oh and by the way, I have included Blake and Laila in this story. This story will have a sequel and it will be about them two so keep an eye on those two! 

Anyway, please vote, comment and fan! :)

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

541K 997 3
Because of Zara's excessive drunkenness, she accidentally had a One Night Stand with the man she had always been dreaming about - Lucas Blackwood. Un...
989K 21.3K 37
Rosetta Evans has gone through some tough times in her life but things are finally looking up for her when she becomes the new secretary for the bill...
3.9K 363 60
Elena and Jamie are having complications. Will their relationship last? Or will it end up in disaster? Will she meet someone new or will they work t...
1.7M 113K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...