Marrying Mr. Shaw [EDITING!]

By HerLostSoul

Lucy Baker thought marrying Mr. Shaw would only occur in her dreams. However, when one day, Mr. Shaw asks Luc... More

Very Important Message!
ONE
2 ♥
3 ♥
4 ♥
5 ♥
6 ♥
7 ♥
8 ♥
9 - I forgive you
10 - Evil witch
11 - It all makes sense
12 - His love
14 - His announcement
15 - Blood
16 - Meet my family
17 - Love birds
18 - Strength
19 - Graduation
20 - Rebels
21 - Flight
22 - Silence
23 - The Shaw's
24 - Behind green eyes
25 - Chris's treat
AUTHORS NOTE
26 - The trouble begins
27 - Engagement party
28 - Spongebob
29 - Dress search
30 - Cletus
31 - Comfort
32 - Marriage
33 - Broken soul
Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE
Playlist
Sequel
NEW SEQUEL IDEA??
Sequel out

13 - His confession

8.2K 203 9
By HerLostSoul

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Thirteen - His Confession

Song of the chapter =  Leona Lewis - First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

I pulled away from Chris when I felt camera flashes smacking our faces. We both stared at each other with eyes widened then snapped our heads at the direction where the camera flashes were occurring from. Outside the jewellery store. 

There were about 10 men with camera's, nudging and pushing each other to take shots of us. 

Chris grabbed my hand, threw some money at the counter table where Miss. Somers was present and dragged me out of the store. 

I had my head down as I felt Chris pushing and cursing the men with camera's. They are probably paparazzi. I forgot Chris was popular. Of course he would be popular, he owns the richest and successful charity company in this country! 

I sat on the passenger seat, quickly buckling the seat belt. Finally the click! sound appeared and I leaned back on my seat, hiding my face with my hand as the paparazzi's continued taking pictures. I swear I could've gone blind today. 

Chris silently started the car and beeped the horn at the paparazzi standing on the way. He murmured something which I didn't wanted to know as it didn't tone out right. 

Minutes have gone by and I was beginning to twist my engagement ring as I was bored. The ring was beautiful and every time I had my eyes on it, I couldn't stop smiling. 

But the silence faded my smile as I began being curious. What if Chris wished I never kissed him? 

I touched my lip in a sudden with the tip of my finger.

That kiss felt so warm and when I kissed him, I felt fireworks and future. I saw him, me and Laila as a family—Our family. 

I never kissed or got kissed before so this was my first kiss and he stole it. Well technically I let him steal it but either waymerrily, Chris was my first kiss!

"Liked the sensation you felt when you kissed me?" He teased as he glanced at me then back to the roads. I blushed then hid it with a smirk.

I wonder if the words Chris said before were real. He did say he meant it but what if he just said not to humiliate me. 

I bit my bottom lip then released it when I realised I haven't replied to Chris.

"About that kiss" I started. 

"Lucy." Chris sighed as he shook his head. He stopped the car and parked it outside his mansion. 

He raced out of the car and unbuckled my seat belts for me. We both had a slight moment when he froze and began gazing at me. He leaned down, kissing my forehead. I felt a rush of tingles and my heart beat faster than the African drum. 

"Come inside." He whispered, grabbing my hand softly. I felt a buzz on my stomach and smiled shyly as he opened the door for me to enter his mansion. 

"Where's Tony and Laila?" I asked, wondering around his living room. 

"They both are at my mother's house." he simple replied, sitting on his sofa. He patted his sofa, staring at me as I nodded and seated myself besides him. 

"When are they coming back?" I said. Chris chuckled.

"About that. We are going to pick them up."

"We?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. He smiled, tapping the bridge of my nose. 

"You're going to meet my family." He announced, causing my eyes to widen. 

I will meet Chris's family! What if they hate me? What if they think I'm ugly? What if they think I'm too quiet? What if they think i'm boring? What if they look down at me like all the other rich people do? I mean, they must be rich since Chris is loaded. 

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. I really want Chris's family to like me. 

Chris laughed, rubbing his hand down my back which caused my body to stiff. 

"They will like you Lucy." He whispered as if he just read my mind. I smiled at him in return. 

Why was Chris being so romantic with me? 

"Chris," I began, staring at my engagement ring. "Do you love me?" I blurted then gasped at what I just have said.

Why the hell did I say that?

What was I thinking?

Of course he doesn't love me!

He's marrying me to keep Laila that's all. No chemistry there. Not for him anyways.

"Lucy you think that massive statement I said to you in the jewellery store was a lie? You think that I said those things to play along the whole marriage thing?" He asked. I bit my bottom lip. 

"Look at me Lucy." He demanded, his voice getting serious. I tilted my head up to see his eyebrows furrow. 

"Everything I said there was true. I am beginning to fall for you," He whispered softly which was music to my ears. 

My mouth was dry and my stomach flipped. My heart melted and by this time it dropped into my stomach. My jaw dropped too as I stared at the man I'm in love with, confessing his feelings to me. 

"When I began dating Clair, there was no chemistry and I knew she was up to something so I played along. I haven't dated in a year, no girl was a distraction to me until you entered my life. You are my biggest distraction and the feelings I have towards you, I haven't had that with any women in my life. 

I didn't want to confess to you earlier as I didn't know what your respond would be but I did try and confess to you that day." He said causing me to gasp.

"That day. When you confessed to me but you said it was a practice. That confession was real?" I questioned him with pure shock.

Chris nodded, giving me the sympathy look.

I gasped.

That was real!

He was real!

That confession was REAL.

"But your face dropped and I needed a back up. So I made up random crap to save my pride and after I told you that, I met Clair. But you never returned for a week which I understand that you were humil"

"No Chris. I was humiliated because that day  I had realised that the love of my life doesn't love me back." I said, sighing. 

Chris sighed too, staring at my ring he gave me. 

He grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently. I tilted my head up, gazing at him as he gazed at me back. He lifted his hand and touched my cheek, caressing it, rubbing his thumb on the corner of my lips. 

He leaned in closer and touched his lips on mine, giving me the warm electric feeling. 

"I love you, Lucy." He mumbled, his lips still connected to mine like a magnet. 

I had this immediate connection to Chris and everything in the world felt right. Chris loved me and I loved him. My heart began floating and I swear I couldn't wipe the smile on my face. Chris felt the smile too as our lips were still pressed onto each other.

"I love you too Chris," I mumbled back on his lips which caused his body to tense.

He grabbed hold of my waist and pulled me to him so I ended up sitting on his lap. I leaned my head on his shoulder, breathing on his neck. He kissed my nose.

"Lucy, you need to sleep. Your graduation is occurring so the school stress should wear off." He whispered. I didn't protest or argue. My eyelids began getting heavy.

But before I slept, I heard Chris whisper the most beautiful words I have ever heard.

"The first time ever I saw your face

I thought the sun rose in your eyes

And the moon and the stars were the gifts you gave

To the dark and the endless skies, my love"

I smiled, cuddling up to him as he pressed his lips on mine once again. 

(A/N): Aww aren't Chris and Lucy cute? Sorry for the late update and triple sorry for the short chapter! Just exams coming in the way but I will try and update faster. Oh and before I forget, I'M CREATING A SEQUEL FOR THIS! But the main characters aren't Chris and Lucy. It is Laila and her love life ;). 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 181K 87
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
541K 997 3
Because of Zara's excessive drunkenness, she accidentally had a One Night Stand with the man she had always been dreaming about - Lucas Blackwood. Un...
201K 7K 33
After the arcobaleno curse was broken, all had seemed well. Tsuna didn't think that he would have been chosen to be the new holder of the sky pacifie...
1.5M 91.9K 38
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...