Marrying Mr. Shaw [EDITING!]

By HerLostSoul

Lucy Baker thought marrying Mr. Shaw would only occur in her dreams. However, when one day, Mr. Shaw asks Luc... More

Very Important Message!
ONE
2 ♥
3 ♥
4 ♥
5 ♥
6 ♥
7 ♥
8 ♥
9 - I forgive you
10 - Evil witch
12 - His love
13 - His confession
14 - His announcement
15 - Blood
16 - Meet my family
17 - Love birds
18 - Strength
19 - Graduation
20 - Rebels
21 - Flight
22 - Silence
23 - The Shaw's
24 - Behind green eyes
25 - Chris's treat
AUTHORS NOTE
26 - The trouble begins
27 - Engagement party
28 - Spongebob
29 - Dress search
30 - Cletus
31 - Comfort
32 - Marriage
33 - Broken soul
Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE
Playlist
Sequel
NEW SEQUEL IDEA??
Sequel out

11 - It all makes sense

8.7K 202 2
By HerLostSoul

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Eleven - It all makes sense. 

Song of the chapter = Bruno Mars - Moonshine.

"What?" Chris choked on his drink. I bit my bottom lip nervously watching him like this. 

I mean, I should of just shut my mouth but that witch is cheating on him and I didn't want him to get hurt. 

I knew that I was hurting Chris already though as I saw the sorrow in his eyes that killed me and wanted me to wrap my arms around him and comfort him. 

However, I know for sure he will never be mine and the dreams I've been dreaming about me, him and Laila as a family will never fulfil. The end right?

Expecting to see Mrs. Simpson shocked or protest, she just slammed her napkin, folded her arms across her chest and leaned back on the chair with an evil grin. 

I knitted my eyebrows then glanced at Tony, who also looked confused. 

Chris however did not look surprised which was weird. Maybe she's cheated on him before and that's why they split up. So that means she's cheated on him again? What a idiot!

I mean, who would want to cheat with someone else when you have Chris? He's like a real life version of Prince Charming!

Chris stood up and threw his napkin on his empty plate, trying very hard to look calm but I could see that his eyes were getting darker and darker. I shuddered, giving Tony the i'm-going-to-die look. Tony blinked slowly at me to say it'll be fine. 

"Lucy, Tony. I want you to excuse me and Clair," Chris spoke his voice showing nothing but anger. 

So the witch's name is Clair

Me and Tony stood up and nodded at Chris. I turned my heel but then gave a glare at Mrs. Simpson-Clair behind my shoulder as she returned the glare back. 

"What do you think will happen?" Whispered Tony as we walked up the stairs. I shrugged. 

"I don't know Tony but I feel guilty for some odd reasons," I admitted. It was true, I was feeling highly guilty because the look on Chris's face was heartbreaking. He looked like a lost puppy!

Tony wrapped his arms around me. 

"Hey no worries. You did the right thing anyway," He whispered. I gave a small smile at Tony as we reached to the hallway. 

I stopped my tracks when I heard yelling...from Mrs. Simpson. 

I clenched my fists. How dare she yell at Chris like that?

"Lucy?" questioned Tony, his hands casually in his hooded pocket. 

I turned around and sat at the top step of the stairs. I could see a clear view of Chris and Mrs. Simpson basically shouting at each other through the stair bars. 

I felt footsteps approaching me and smiled at Tony sitting besides me, listening to their conversation like I was. 

"I don't understand! This is absolutely preposterous!" shouted Chris. I could feel the numbness in his voice which caused my stomach to tighten. 

Mrs. Simpson laughed.

"Bitch," I mumbled under my breath which caused Tony to chuckle quietly. 

"Chris, Chris, Chris," She spoke, her voice pissing me off at this point. I saw her folding her arms, shook her head. "You really think I would go back to you? Are you that stupid?"

My body tensed and I had an urge to slap the bitch. I sat up and was about to stand up and slap her but Tony grabbed my arm and shook his head. I sighed and tried to relax. 

Chris was standing opposite Mrs. Simpson, pulling an emotionless face but I could see right through him and feel his sorrow. 

"I thought you changed, Clair," Said Chris his voice sounded depressed but he hid it with a chuckle. 

"Well you thought wrong, Chris. You know what I want. You even signed the damn contract!" Shouted Mrs. Simpson, throwing a bunch of papers on the coffee table. 

Chris's body tensed as he cleared his throat not making any eye contact on the paper.

What contract?

I looked to my side at Tony.

"What contract has he signed?" I whispered. 

"No idea, Luce," He whispered back, his eyes still glued on the paper. 

Mrs. Simpson laughed.

"You signed this contract a year ago. We made a deal, Chris. You haven't fulfilled them so it's obvious I get to keep Laila," She said, flicking her blond hair behind her back. 

I gasped, slapping my hand on my mouth, staring at Tony with watery eyes. 

She can't take Laila away from us!

Well, Chris but still us!

She can't!

She's a horrible woman and I don't want Laila turning out like HER!

I felt tears drop down my cheeks. 

"You okay?" Tony whispered. I sniffed, wiping my tears with my sleeves and nodded as I returned on listening to Chris and the stupid devil of a witch. 

There was a minute pause and Chris was staring at Mrs. Simpson, horrified. The expression on his face was mixed with sadness, anger and thoughts. 

"Actually," Chris broke the silence, twitching his devilish smile at her which gave me tingles through my spin. "I'm engaged,"

I gasped and stared at Tony.

Tony gasped too and he stared at me. 

CHRIS IS ENGAGED? SINCE WHEN?

"YOU'RE ENGAGED?" Yelled Mrs. Simpson which caused Chris to laugh.

"Of course! You know, I was going with the plan too like you did with me. You know, going with the flow kind of thing," He said, walking towards his door and opening it wide for Mrs. Simpson to leave. 

I felt my heart break in million of places. 

"I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!" She yelled again, stomping towards Chris. 

"Oh yeah before you leave, could you like shut the fuck up? My daughter is asleep," He said, calmly which caused Mrs. Simpson to groan and storm off.

Me and Tony giggled which caused Chris to look at us. My eyes widened and I felt my cheeks blush as he winked at us. 

There was a minute silence and I realised everything in that minute. 

Chris was engaged. 

He didn't really love Mrs. Simpson which was a relief but he was in love with someone else...

Some other girl he's be having the vow with...

I gulped staring down at my hands, holding in the tears. 

Chris sighed then walked out. 

I knitted my eyebrows. 

"I'll be right back," I said to Tony as he nodded.

I ran towards the door, grabbing my jacket. I knew Chris needed some time alone but something in me didn't wanted him to suffer alone so I continued following him. 

It was night and dark and I was shivering, hugging myself as I run to catch up with Chris who was walking up some hill. 

He stopped his tracks when he reached to the top. 

I gulped the air, bending down, cupping both of my hands on my knee, breathing as I never ran so fast especially running up the hill!

Chris turned around and smirked at me. I scowled at him then walked up to him. 

He took his blazer off and sat on the grass, folding his sleeves up till his elbows. 

I swear he looked beautiful as the moon and his eyes contrasted in some way. His eyes were twinkling brighter than the moons and stars on the scenery night we were in. 

I sat next to him, bring my knees up to my chest and stared at the dark sky with him. 

He was lost in his thoughts, no impression showing what so ever which bugged me because I wanted to know what he was thinking.

He's engaged I kept telling myself but somehow, I just couldn't believe it!

"Lucy," He finally spoke, giving me tingles. I stared at him but his eyes were glued on the sky. 

"I'm not engaged," He admitted. 

My shoulders relaxed and I had an urge to sigh in relief. I wanted to scream YES but then that would be awkward. 

"Then...why did you t-'

"I told her that because we signed a contract last year," He injected. "You see, me and Clair used to date last year for a couple of months. One night everything changed and she told me she was pregnant and didn't want to keep it. Also that night she cheated on me with some guy," He continued, running his fingers through his hair. I felt a burst of jealousy but continued listening to him anyways. 

"When she told me she was pregnant I couldn't be any happier. I always wanted to be a father, you know? Weirdly enough, I was a little heartbroken or desolated about her cheating but it didn't bother me much which is strange. I guess it was because I had the excitement of being a father," He smiled, causing the stars to feel threatened. 

"But," He breathed. "She didn't wanted the baby. She was going to get an abortion and I had to stop her. I couldn't let her kill my baby! I mean, that's horrendous, I am absolutely against it!" He said, then shook his head, bringing up his knees, resting his arms on his knee cap. 

"So what did you do then?" I asked, curiously. Chris sighed.

"I made a deal with her. I required that I'd keep the baby and she can have the money she wanted. Apparently, the only reason she dated me was because of my money I'm earning. She agreed and we had to take it court for the judge to sign so that we're officially separated and if I don't give her the money or she doesn't give the baby, one of us can get prisoned." He said. 

"The court respected my job but also were curious if I'd have time for the baby who is Laila. I declared that I would change my schedule just for Laila but they were having non of it.

They demanded that the only way I could keep Laila is by having a woman in the house basically a partner, a wife. I agreed that I would get married soon and get my 'partner' to sign the contract." He sighed. 

I nodded understandingly as the whole mess was starting to make sense. 

"However, I've just been too busy with work and Laila that I haven't had time for romance. Now, Clair's returned and she wants the baby just for the money because when women take care of the baby by themselves, the father has to give money to provide them with baby food, clothes etc but we both know she won't use the money for Laila," He said, turning to face me.

I sucked in the breath at how beautiful his face looked in this moonshine. 

"So I lied and told her I'm engaged. The end." He said, sarcastically. He sighed upsetting, looking down at his hands. "I don't want to lose Laila, Lucy." He whispered. 

I sighed. 

"Look Chris, I don't know what to say as I've never been in a situation like this ever in my life but I know one thing to say, you are strong and the most charming young man I have met in my whole life. You do so much for kids and I look up to that. I look at you as an inspiration and maybe this is not helping and I should totally stop blabbing now but Chris I know you will find a way and fight for Laila because she believes in you. I believe in you." I said. 

Chris raised his eyebrows and widened his eyes slightly as if no one has ever said that to him or something.

My stomach knotted once again and I did the most stupidest thing ever.

(A/N: Play the song!)

I hugged Chris. 

I got on my knees and collapsed on him, wrapping my arms around his neck. Chris relaxed and wrapped his arms around my waist, digging his head on my shoulder. 

The hug was so warm and I felt so protected. I could feel his heart beat racing just like mine as if our hearts were increasing at the same time. 

I felt like floating. I was happy because Chris was officially single but mostly gutted that he's got fraud by that witch again. Like Chris, I didn't wanted to lose Laila either. I would miss her like hell!

We pulled away and Chris stared at my lips. I bit it nervously, his hands still holding firm grip on my waist and my arms around his neck. 

He leaned in closer and my breathing stopped.

As closer he gets, my heart beat increased. My palms began sweating and my stomach were filling up with butterflies- more like the entire zoo animals!

SHUT UP AND KISS HIM! Shouted a voice in my head. 

Chris pressed his...nose on mine. I felt a rush of disappointment that he didn't kiss me but hey, at least his face was touching mine. 

I blushed furiously, staring at him with my eye widening. He smirked then pulled me to him as he collapsed on the ground. 

I was on top of him now, smiling at him as he returned the beautiful smile, his arms still wrapped around my waist. 

We stared at each other for Lord knows how long but then I couldn't help but giggle at the awkward moment. Chris knitted his eyebrows at me then laughed along.

By now we both were laughing. 

I even started to get tears streaming down my face which is weird. 

Chris gripped my waist tighter and let me lay down next to him. 

"Lucy," He breathed which caused me look at his perfect eyes. "Would you...please...for me...for Laila..." He gulped.

"What Chris?" I said, softly.

"Marry me?" He blurted his eyes never leaving sight of mine.

I gasped my eyes widening. 

Did I hear right?

Chris wants me to get married to him?!

This is a dream!

"Lucy I know it's hard for you and— did you just pinch yourself?" He asked, amazed. I stared at him, my eyes widening. 

I wanted to float and shout yes but...

"We can get divorced secretly right after we're married and you can go live your life as long as you get married to me and sign your name on the contract." He said and somehow, I could feel the disappointment in his voice.

Oh.

I felt a rush of disappointment. 

Oddly, I thought it was a love proposal but it's all...business

"Or maybe you won't." Whispered Chris, staring at the stars, a smile crossing his face. 

I gulped. 

"What?" I choked. 

"Well I just think you could always stick around with me and not get divorced if that's what you want." He said, raising his eyebrows at me. I smirked. 

"Dream on," I replied, rolling my eyes. 

"Oh I'll keep that in mind." He teased. 

I sighed. I'm 18 and will be 19 in a couple of months. So marrying at this age was alright, right?

I groaned. This was going to be highly difficult!

Marriage isn't a joke. It's serious. It's something that will change my whole entire life forever. Also Chris's. 

Like, how Caitlin Flanagan's quotes about marriage was;

'A lasting covenant between a man and a woman can be a vehicle for the nurture and protection of each other, the one reliable shelter in an uncaring world — or it can be a matchless tool for the infliction of suffering on the people you supposedly love above all others.'

Which was the truth. I knew I had this special bond with Chris but did he with me?

And what about that moment we just had? What was that all about?

I turned my head side ways, staring at Chris as he stared at the stars dreamily. He looked so peaceful with his emerald eyes shinning brightly then any other star in the sky. 

His lips, curving into a twitchy smile as he glanced at me with the corner of his eyes. I blushed embarrassingly.

The way his pale cheeks indicated those adorable dimples, melted my heart. 

I know this marriage will be for him to keep the baby but I can still try and get him to fall for me, right?

But I had to do this. Not only for Chris but for Laila because she is always like my daughter and I would hate to lose her too. 

I can try and make Chris fall for me though which wouldn't be challenging as we just a moment there.

I smiled at the stars, shyly. I turned to face the side of his face. His midnight black hair standing out from the dark grass.

"Chris?" I whispered. 

"Hm?"

"I'll marry you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 386 17
Aurora Morelli had just gotten her heart broken by the one man she had always loved and when she thinks the day could not get any worse, she is forc...
1.1M 27.2K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
245K 2.1K 8
2 years. It's been two years since Lilianna has been taken away from her life and forced into the Mafia world. She was forced to marry Oliver D'Amato...
541K 997 3
Because of Zara's excessive drunkenness, she accidentally had a One Night Stand with the man she had always been dreaming about - Lucas Blackwood. Un...