Marrying Mr. Shaw [EDITING!]

By HerLostSoul

Lucy Baker thought marrying Mr. Shaw would only occur in her dreams. However, when one day, Mr. Shaw asks Luc... More

Very Important Message!
ONE
2 ♥
3 ♥
5 ♥
6 ♥
7 ♥
8 ♥
9 - I forgive you
10 - Evil witch
11 - It all makes sense
12 - His love
13 - His confession
14 - His announcement
15 - Blood
16 - Meet my family
17 - Love birds
18 - Strength
19 - Graduation
20 - Rebels
21 - Flight
22 - Silence
23 - The Shaw's
24 - Behind green eyes
25 - Chris's treat
AUTHORS NOTE
26 - The trouble begins
27 - Engagement party
28 - Spongebob
29 - Dress search
30 - Cletus
31 - Comfort
32 - Marriage
33 - Broken soul
Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE
Playlist
Sequel
NEW SEQUEL IDEA??
Sequel out

4 ♥

10.3K 218 8
By HerLostSoul

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Four - The real you.

I walked in the middle of an unusual but familiar path. I couldn't see much behind the fog but all I could see through my eyes was a long, gray road.

I didn't know where to go as the entire place was covered in fog. Thick fog. Shrugging, I followed the path, walking through it. I shivered. This place was freezing! Wet fog collided with my face, causing my teeth to rattle. Suddenly, everything seemed frosty. 

Finally, I witnessed a figure approaching me, slowly. It wasn't just an ordinary figure but it looked beautiful, somehow. 

Beautiful because of the perfect body shape; not too skinny and not too over weight . Just right. 

The way those shoulders tensed as it got closer and closer to me, startled me.

I realised that the figure was a man as the fog started shifting away from every step he took. I could see a clear image of his suit.

My eyes were glued to his polished shoes. Then, slowly my eyes trailed it's way up to his perfect body and then his face...

"Mr...Mr. Shaw?" I asked weakly due to the freezing atmosphere.

Mr. Shaw's face was purely pale. His handsome structured face was plastered with coldness. I witnessed his hands dug in his trouser pockets. His wavy hair was neatly placed, a few, short, wavy strands falling on his forehead, magnificently. 

"Lucy." He finally breathed out, as if he was suffering from an un-explainable pain.

I studied his face. It didn't show any emotion, like an emotionless robot. However, his eyes were glued to mine, staring at me intensely. 

My brain ran out of words and my mouth automatically went dry after he spoke my name. For some reason, when my name escapes from his mouth, every living thing in this planet seems to fade away from my brain and a warm feeling runs through my body. 

I furrowed my eyebrows, causing Mr. Shaw to snap out of his gaze. What was that all about?

Mr. Shaw shook his head frowning then turned around and walked away!

He walked away leaving me in this creepy, cold place. 

I thought, stupidly, that he actually cared about me.

Guess not, dumbass! Spoke a voice in my head. 

Frowning, I followed him. Where was he going? Why am I in this strange place? Why would Mr. Shaw leave a young girl alone?

"Wait! Where are you going?" I shouted. I was by now approximately 8 inches away from him, facing his broad back. 

Mr Shaw stopped but did not turn around. 

"Don't fret, my love. I'm not going anywhere. I'm always watching over you, like the sun in the day and the moon in the night." He spoke softly, his voice melting into my heart. 

He called me his love. Why did he call me that? Why does this feeling inside me make me want to jump in joy? 

Mr. Shaw just called you his love, dumbass! The same voice spoke inside my head. 

My legs felt shaky and my heart beat so hard and fast I swear he could've heard it. But what did he mean? Why was he leaving? What did he mean by that sentence?

"What about when it rains, and I can't see the sun or the moon?" I replied, shakily. What the Hell was I talking about?

"Then I will turn into a star in the clouds and wait for your tears to dry."

Blackness took over the atmosphere when Mr. Shaw walked away from me...

"Mr. Shaw!" I gasped, sitting up in a flash. 

Inhaling air and sweating like a pig, I suddenly jumped out of my soul realising Mr. Shaw was sitting besides me. 

I roamed my eyes around the room I was in.

Shoot!

I'm in Mr. Shaw's living room, laying on his incredibly soft sofa. 

I sighed. I guess I fell asleep after I laid Laila in her cot. Rubbing my temples, I sat up.

Tonight, It wasn't really a hassle as Laila was asleep through out the whole night Mr. Shaw left. Although, she did wake up couple of times crying for milk or to change her diapers, but otherwise she wasn't a very difficult baby, thank God!

"Did you have a dream about me, Lucy?" Said Mr. Shaw as I snapped out of my thoughts. 

Blushing, I tilted my head up at Mr. Shaw who was smiling sweetly at me. I gazed into those beautiful emerald eyes. 

I can't believe I had a dream or maybe I should call it a nightmare - about Mr. Shaw!

"I'd recall it as a nightmare," I replied, chuckling. Mr. Shaw's eyebrows crossed at that.

"Nightmare about me? Impossible! Girls dream dainty things about me, Lucy. Dainty things," He said, winking.  

Oh gosh he winked at me! My stomach clutched into a ball probably by now!

I raised my eyebrows. "Well I'm not like those girls then huh?"

"Guess not," Mr. Shaw replied smiling at me. 

That smile...it melted me. It made me feel like I'm the only girl in the world. Like I'm the only human he's ever met. 

"That necklace looks beautiful on you," He said, his eyes glued to my neck. I shivered in delight, blushing. 

"Thanks,"

"No problem. It's the truth. You are beautiful," He said then suddenly his eyes widened as if he just realised what he said. 

I giggled. What was that all about?

And...he thinks I'm beautiful!

Oh gosh, he thinks I'm beautiful...

Maybe he refered that to the necklace.

Or maybe he likes you, dummy! Spoke the same voice in my head. 

He likes me...? NO WAY. I mean I like him b-

Do i like Mr. Shaw...?

I stared at him, horrified. Mr. Shaw stared at me back but with a worried expression on his face. 

"Would you like to join me and watch a movie...with me?" He finally spoke. My chest tightened. 

He wants to watch a movie with me?!

Me?

"Y-you want t..to watch a movie with m..m..me?" I replied, weakly. Mr. Shaw chuckled, rubbing my head. 

"Well of course. It'll be fun," He said, grinning at me. Oh that grin. That grin that I witnessed in his pictures but never in real. He grinned at me. At me. That grin that was supposed to be hidden from his elegant but beautiful features, exposed. 

"S-sure," I said, quietly as my voice was caught in my throat. 

Mr. Shaw chuckled then stood up. I blushed harder as I finally saw what he was wearing. A tracksuit bottom and a plain white t- shirt which showed his attractive muscles, perfectly. His wavy hair was all over the place which looked...totally hot. 

"Move up then and give me space to sit!" He laughed. I laughed back, making space for Mr. Shaw to sit. 

He jumped on the sofa which made the sofa move and my body jump. He turned his head to the side and smirked at me as I nudged him a little with my hand on his shoulder.

"What movie shall we watch?" He asked, his eyes concentrating on the t.v. that he switched on. His body was slightly bent, his right arm resting on his lap and his other arm holding force of the remote he was holding. His thumb pressing the middle button of the remote, repeatdly. 

"Hmm how about the vow?" He suggested. I blushed once again, bringing my knees to my chest. 

"Okay," I replied, smiling at him. He returned the smile and leaned back to the sofa, causing my heart to beat faster. 

****

It was an hour later and my knees leaning on Mr. Shaw's lap as he had his arm around my shoulder. My hands tried to keep distance away from him but somehow when his body tensed my hands would accidenly touch his leg, his hand or his body.

I couldn't concentrate on the movie as my eyes were glued on his perfect face. Also, my concentration was stuck on the position we were on.

The room was dark and we both were cosed up together as if we were some sort of a romantic couple. 

Mr. Shaw yawned which made his hand squeeze my shoulder.

Oh my gosh!

I felt the tingles I felt for the past hour, building up. 

I felt my face heat up which made me mentally slap myself. 

"This is based on a true story," Said Mr. Shaw dreamily, his eyes still glued to the t.v. 

"Wow that's romantic," I replied, my eyes moving to the t.v. Mr. Shaw chuckled.

The t.v illustrated the subtitles as the movie finished. 

"I can't believe he waited for her. If I was in his place, I would certainly move on," He said, turning his body to the side to face me. His arm, which was placed on my shoulder, moves to the sofa just behind my neck. 

My mouth created an 'o' shape. 

"But she's his wife. You can't just move on from your wife!" I gasped, my arms in the air. Mr. Shaw shook his head in disbelief. 

"She's a pretty crap wife,"

"She doesn't remember who she is, Mr. Shaw,” I replied, annoyed. 

“Well still,” He replied annoyed too. 

I rolled my eyes which made him smirk.

“Why do you take this love shit seriously anyway?” He asked, his eyebrows rising. I bit my inner cheek. 

“I believe in it strongly,”

“So you believe there’s someone special for everyone?” He asked, his eyebrows nitting. I nodded. Mr. Shaw sat up, smirking. 

“You’re stuck in your dream land, honey,” He said, laughing. I blushed when he said honey but tried to hide it. 

“I believe in soulmates and I know some day i’ll find one,” I replied, smiling. 

Mr. Shaw by now, looked annoyed. He removed his arm and crossed it. 

“We’ll see about that,” He said. What was that all about? 

We sat in silence for 2 minutes. It was depressing. This silence. Was Mr. Shaw mad at me? Or was he jealous? 

Oh my gosh, if he’s jealous then that means he likes me!

But if he doesn’t believe in love or soulmates that means he is obviously single! Of course he isn’t married! If he was I would’ve spotted his wife here.

Mr. Shaw is single...

“Who needs love when you have other things to worry about,” Mr. Shaw mummbled, staring at his feet. I sat up, dissapointed. 

“It’s nothing to worry about,” I said. Mr. Shaw chuckled, rolling his eyes. 

“You don’t know life, kiddo,”

“Then show me,” I blurted. Mr. Shaw turned his face to the side and stared at me. My eyes were widened and i’m suprised I didn’t black out or anything. 

I can’t believe I said that to Mr. Shaw. He probably thinks how stupid this kid is. I am a kid to him. A child to him right? And this necklace he gave me was a present. It didn’t mean anything - to him anyways. 

“So what’s your buisness?” I asked, trying to avoid the moment we just had.

“I own my very own charity company. The Help,” He said, smiling. My eyes widened. The Help? 

The Help is the most famous and richest charity company ever invented and he owns it! I heard that company has helped 80% of poor childrens all over the world. 

“Wow. That’s amazing,” I said. I was speechless. Mr. Shaw smiled, shyly, nudging my shoulder with his. 

“Indeed. I love helping childrens, it’s my only happiness,” He replied. 

I smiled at him  just a little smile at first, but as it grew it pressed my rosy cheeks up and slowly I revealed my teeth. Finally, I felt the smile reached my eyes, and somehow the room started to lighten from his beautiful gaze even though it was slightly dark.

Mr. Shaw smiled back at me, warm like the first breath of spring after a cold winter, bright like summer sun. A free and infectious gift that radiates from his mouth as muscles in his cheeks tighten and dimples form to show enjoyment in the simple charm in that moment, bringing a sparkle of vigor to the empty eyes I’ve been witnessing for sometime. 

And in that moment Mr. Shaw was everything i had ever hoped for, he was everything i would ever needed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389K 11K 22
Yasmin has always had this wild fantasy of being used by her extremely handsome boss, Myles Reins. It's no secret, Myles also has a thing for Yasmin...
1.1M 27.1K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
201K 7K 33
After the arcobaleno curse was broken, all had seemed well. Tsuna didn't think that he would have been chosen to be the new holder of the sky pacifie...
3.4M 142K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...